Bear Creek Electric Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2010

PO Box 368

Ashland, OR 97520

Bear Creek Electric are commercial and residential electricians in Medford, OR Commercial Electrician, Residential Electrician, Electrician, Electrical Services, Electrical Contractor...

08/30/2017

Steve R.

It went really well. He looked at the problem/s and the electrical box and found that the breakers on BOTH the "previous" two circuits that were now one had to be switched off and back on again as well as the GFI on the most recent plugin that was installed by another electrician about 5 or 6 months ago. He fixed the problem in minutes and showed me what he done as well as the breaker box situation which will be helpful for me in the future.....plus I found him to be a nice guy as well! I think I found my electrician in the Valley for the future.

Description of Work
I had problems with two receptacles in my garage. Thought they were on different circuits, but it turned out they are on one circuit, however, there is a GFI involved that I didn't realize as I was familiar with old single button GFI': either on or off. Roy, the business owner/electrician scoped it out quickly and solved my problem right on the spot!

05/02/2016

Virginia F.

We had an outlet on the back porch that was sparking, and causing other outlets on the string to not work. Our dishwasher, and outlet by the stove did not work any longer. They fixed and replaced the sparking outlet with a "temporary" outlet to get us back up and running. That fixed the issue with the outlet on the back porch and rest of the string in the kitchen. They also found and connected another outlet in the kitchen that had never worked becaue the building contractor had never had it done.! That was awesome! They did say they would return with an outdoor cover for the outlet on the back porch - that still hasn't happened yet - not sure when (if). They did clean up after themselves - no debris laying about - which was nice considering that I ususally have to pick up trash and garbage after other contractors. They were polite and friendly - kept my daughter informed about what they were doing.

Description of Work
Replaced a sparking outlet on the back porch, reset the electrical string in the kitchen, even connected an outlet that had never worked since the remodel of the kitchen.

01/29/2015

Betty H.

Everything went fine the work was finished quickly and the problem resolved.

Description of Work
Checked circuit breakers to make sure there was no burnt wires behind the circuit board.

08/02/2014

Sherman S.

Lowes was offering the same install at a price of $149 guaranteed. We chose Bear Creek due to a good rating on Angie's List and they over charged us for the install. Bear Creek did not give us an estimate or a receipt. They stated that they would give us a discount for being an Angie's List member, and the price was still an over charge even with the discount. Shame on you Bear Creek for greedy pockets. The law of karma may come back down on your head. They never contacted me or refunded any of my money.

Description of Work
Installed electric fan in the dining room.

Category electrician

Dear [member name removed], I have been in business over 20 years and can count on one hand the complaints I have received and I believe one of the main reasons for that is because I strive to always exceed the expectations of my customers. I am sorry that was not so in your situation and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaints. I received a call from you to replace a paddle fan in your dining room and within 24 hours of the call I was personally in your home. Upon arrival I was told by your care giver, that you had gone to Lowes and purchased a paddle fan that was the floor model, and that you wanted it installed in place of the one in your dining room. And I was told that the outlet that was not working no longer needed my attention. This is a very standard install and one I have performed hundreds of times. Since the fan was a floor model it appeared to be put together and ready for install, so the job would be even quicker to perform and therefore, cost less for you my customer. You did not ask for a price and I did not expect the job to take very long. Even if you would've asked I would of estimated the job to be around $ 125.00, not knowing it then less than Lowe’s. I am not Lowe’s and have nothing to do with them, there for I charge a fair amount for my time that I am in some one’s home doing the work that I was invited to perform. I was invited into your home to install a paddle fan. After removing your existing fan I tried to install the replacement fan and realized it was missing some necessary pieces to hang it. I explained to the caregiver that the reason I could not complete the job right then was because Lowe’s did not give them all of the necessary parts to make the complete install and then educated the caregiver about the piece that was needed and asked him to return to Lowes to pick up the needed piece and then call me and I would return. I then left for my next job. My time I now have invested into this install because of getting there, taking down the old fan describing to the care giver what the missing part was and what it looked like and that I needed that part to complete the paddle fan install, I now have an hour and a half. A couple of hours later, I received a call from your care giver informing me he had purchased the missing parts. I stopped what I was doing and drove back to your home to complete the project that very same day. However, upon arrival It was apparent the part that was purchased was not correct and I again educated your caregiver on the necessary parts and asked him to call me when he had them. I now have invested another hour of my time, by the time I drove over there again and explained what the missing part looked like. The third time I was called your care giver informed me that you had returned the floor model fan you had originally purchased and instead bought a brand new fan in the box. The very next day I returned to your home and completed the install because all of the necessary pieces were in the box. I now have an- other hour invested of my time in this install. After the install the fan light still would not work so while I was trouble shooting the wiring and switching your care giver went to the store and purchased another battery for the remote control, we installed it and everything worked perfect. I now have this third trip to your home a total time of an hour and a half, for a grand total of hours at four hours. Your care giver was happy with the work and asked for the amount. I calculated the time it took for me to complete the entire project and told you it would be $350 because of the delays and multiple trips I had to make to your residence. He mentioned Angie's List and asked for a discount which was 10 %, which I gladly gave you, which made the total $ 315.00. Your care giver pulled out of his pocket on the spot $ 320.00 and I told him I did not have change and he said that was O K so he paid me on the spot, he never mentioned any concerns about the quality of the work, the price, my professionalism or anything else. You were 90 % of the time in some other part of the home and was not around at all discussing any part of the installation. You mentioned in your complaints that a price from Lowes for a full install is only $149, and my price would've been very similar or perhaps even less if everything would've gone smoothly, but since I had to make a total of three visits, the time I spent on what should've been a simple install came out to be much higher than Lowe’s which I am sorry, but I didn’t purchase the floor model fan trying to save money, and when you went back to get the right parts you didn’t come back with the right parts, and when you purchased the fan in the box everything was there but to no control of your own the battery in the remote was a bad battery. I apologize once again that you were not happy with the price for the work I performed, but I believe that the price, quality of the install, my responsiveness and professionalism cannot be graded as an F. I thank you for the opportunity to respond to your complaints and wish you the best. Roy Jorgensen President Bear Creek Electric, Inc. CCB 126333

06/05/2014

Chuck K.

Description of Work
Misc. electrical repairs. Electric oven installation. Very responsive, timely, creative.

02/05/2014

Loren S.

He never showed and never called. I had told him I found him on Angies List and thought that would give him incentive to come give an estimate. Very disappointed so naturally we chose someone else. I will never recommend this company.

Description of Work
I called for an appointment, the guy told me when he would be here.

08/19/2013

Art C.

It went fine. He was friendly, quick, and reassuring.

Description of Work
Bear Creek Electric checked continuity of garage circuit after possible short circuit.

05/30/2013

Rachel B.

He was prompt, efficient, and very helpful in troubleshooting the best solution for multiple light fixtures wired to the same switch plate. I didn't feel pressured at all to choose features or work that would have been more expensive or complicated than I wanted. He explained my options thoroughly and provided exactly what I asked for. I'm very pleased with the light and the switch configuration.

Description of Work
Installed a motion-sensitive porch light and modified the interior switch to control both the new porch light and the existing yard lamp. Also, for no charge, he affixed new numbers to the house to match the new light fixture.

04/29/2013

John B.

Roy came out and gave me a bid of $300 to do the job. He said that the bid was a little high, in order to allow for extra parts that might be necessary once he got started. I was fine with that. Roy asked me to dig out around the conduit where it came out of the ground next to the shop before he was to start his work. Over the weekend (prior to Roy coming out to do the work) I did the digging. The conduit was exposed as he asked. He also asked me to purchase the new breaker panel and new breakers and have the wall opened up so that he would have a clear work space in order to install the new panel and reconfigure the wires. He said that if I did the digging, opened the wall, and bought the new parts, that it would save time and expense on his part and help to keep my bill down. When he started the job (a few days later) he determined that the conduit hole needed to be wider and that the new breaker panel needed to be located on the opposite side of a doorway (old panel was on the right side of the door, new panel needed to be on the left side of the door) due to space limitations with the new breaker panel. At this point, he made no mention of additional costs. He did say that he needed a part that he did not have and went to get it and then returned to finish the work. When he was finished with his work (which appeared to be well done and professionally correct) he told me that the final bill would be $500 because of the extra digging (he made the hole about 18" wider than I had it) and the extra part and wire needed to go over the door to the new breaker panel location. I always expect a small increase over bid from most trades people. It's a fact of life. I anticipate 10% - 15%. The $500 bill was a 67% increase, which I find totally unacceptable, given the small amount of work that was done. On top of the outrageous charge, Roy left the job site (inside my workshop) a total mess. I will not be using Bear Creek Electric again.

Description of Work
I have a detached workshop that needed an electrical repair (electrical service conduit replacement) and a new breaker panel (6 breakers only). The job called for removing a damaged piece of conduit and installing a small new breaker panel.

04/26/2013

Kathy P.

He seemed very efficient, trustworthy, professional, and honest. His price was reasonable as well.

Description of Work
I have used Bear Creek Electric Inc for electrical work. He fixed my circuit breaker.

04/14/2013

Heather S.

Roy was easy to talk to and seemed like a very trustworthy guy. He did an excellent job from start to finish. His prices were fair and he showed up earlier than he said he would. The fan looks great and I don't have to run extension cords into the powder room anymore (yay!) I will definitely be calling him again. Thanks Roy!

Description of Work
Roy replaced an outdoor patio fan and installed two outlets in the crawl space under the house for the sump and circulation fan.

04/11/2013

Sharalee P.

Roy was very pleasant and thorough in his work. My only complaint is that he said e would be here Monday or Tuesday and he showed up on Wednesday. Not a big deal for me and my issues were not critical. I would definately call Bear Creek Electric for future repairs.

Description of Work
I contacted Roy regarding some inspection issue on a mobile home I had recenty purchased. He checked the 2 inspection issues and corrected the problems. I also had a 2 way switch that needed to be replaced.

03/18/2013

Amy Z.

Very happy with results. He stayed late in the evening to finish.

Description of Work
Installing switch to disposal. Finishing LED light installation.

11/20/2012

Kathy P.

He was extremely professional. Was very well prepared for the service call. Extremely pleasant and easy to talk too. Did a wonderful job. I would highyl recommend him. We have used him multiple times.

Description of Work
Very reasonably priced. They replaced the electrical power in my kitchen.

Category electrician, electronic repair

01/12/2012

suzanna D.

Our furnace had been living under its own rules for at least 5 years. Going off when we attempted to adjust the thermostat below 72 degrees and coming back on when it felt like it. It always made winter a cold experience in our home as keeping the house above 72 degrees was too expensive. I put off having it repaired because I did not know who to call and because I did not have the money. After getting a second job this year and having the new Angie's list as referral I called Bear Creek. They came out the same day and fixed it that day. It was an electronic thermostat that had gone bad so most of the cost was for the part. The worker was very professional and made my 21 year (he was home during the repair) feel comfortable though he had to be in our living space most of the day - it is an attic furnace. We are very happy to have a home that is evenly heated @ 68 degrees now!

Description of Work
Replaced an electronic thermostat on our furnace.

03/03/2011

Larry M.

Very well

Description of Work
Fixed two light fixtures outside my home.

Chris J.

Very punctual, professional, went above and beyond what I thought! Would recommend to my closest friends and family or anyone for that matter!

Description of Work
I needed help after a heating and air company tried to RIP me off!! I needed to have a furnace control board put in. He was able to troubleshoot it and charge me a very fair price for the time he was there! I would not expect this from an Electrician being able to do heating and Air stuff! It was kind of nice!!

Chris J.

Very friendly, he came out and did it so fast! We had our light in front of the house that was very dim and we where having to change the bulb all the time! It was always getting filled with bugs and spiders. He switched the fixture to new one we bought at the store, he had to assemble it a little bit but it would have taken us all day to probably try and figure it out!!

Description of Work
Change our front porch light to a new hang down fixture we just bought at the discount store.

Chris J.

Went very well! Great price compared to the rest and from what i could tell did some real quality work. Picked up after himself before he left that really surprised me!

Description of Work
Putting up a ceiling fan in a bedroom.

Electronic Gadget Repair