Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc.

Founded 1968 • With Angi since July 2007

1954 Rye St SE

Albany, OR 97322

Stutzman & Kropf Contractors is a roofing & siding contractor serving the Mid-Willamette Valley and the surrounding areas. Do you have a leaky roof? Have questions about your next exterior construction needs from roofing, siding, windows or doors. Then you need the professional services of the roof experts at Stutzman & Kropf Contractors. We specialize in roofing and construction jobs. No job is too big or too small for our contractors to handle. On every job, the contractors of Stutzman & Kropf work their hardest to go above and beyond your satisfaction expectations. Every job is completed on time, on budget and in a professional manner. Our services include installation and repairs of: - Skylights - Gutters - Siding - Windows - Decks - Doors We do it all, from roofing and more! We also install James Hardie siding products. When you're building a new home or improving your current one, let Stutzman & Kropf lend a helping hand. We are licensed, bonded and insured to better serve you and your home or business. Call Stutzman & Kropf today!...

09/06/2018

MARIANN S.

In Spite of sending a request last week, and a second request yesterday, I received no response at all. I would not recommend this company for any work.

Description of Work
gutter repair, cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

01/04/2018

John B.

Great all around. If you use this company ask that Jesus Munoz be assigned to manage the job. He handled a large and complicated roofing project with complete competence and professionalism. He regularly consulted with us on an ongoing basis and we appreciated his suggestions and advice on troubling issues like being sure our skylights were properly installed. The company sent a crew that made it possible to finish the job in only two days and leave our property cleaner than it was when they arrived.

Description of Work
Reroof a 2000 square foot two story residence

Category roofing, skylights

12/16/2017

David G.

Very happy with their workmanship, professionalism, and efficiency

Description of Work
Residing 3 sides of a tall residential structure

10/04/2017

Markie S.

The repairs were done quickly once we made it to the top of the list and could have been completed in one day. There were more areas found once the repairs were started but they stuck with the original quote once I reminded them that I had asked about the low estimate. They found additional work that will still need to be done in the next few months and they provided pictures to explain the new finding. Their verbal estimate for those repairs are around $600 but I have yet to receive a written quote. I have to admit I was very frustrated with the lack of communication. I understand that there was a list of people who needed repairs done ahead of us and that most roofing company's are busy during the summer months, but several of the e mails or phone calls I made were not returned or very slow to be returned. All I wanted was a better estimated date or some form of communication. Our contract was signed in July and our repairs were not completed until the end of September. It was at least two months no communication initiated by them. I had to make the calls and few were returned. Not sure if I will hire again or not. The service person who was here did a wonderful job, but their communication (or lack of) was a huge dissatisfier.

Description of Work
Repairs were done on a 14 yr old roof where long term damage had been done. It had not been sealed properly and it was beginning to bow from water damage. They removed shingles, replaced damaged wood underneath and replaced the shingles. Multiple areas were repaired.

We appreciate the feedback and summary of your observations. As per all of our communication and responses when contracts are signed and turned in. The 2017, 2016, and current season we educate all our clients upon the signing of the contract that our workload during the peak seasons for repairs and roofing are completed in the order in which they are received. In you situation, we were booked out over three months in repairs of others who signed ahead of you. We take a lot of pride and focus on helping all clients as timely and quickly as possible, and make all aware of our backlog of work. We build this into our discussions when we estimate repairs or re-roof consultations. Estimate repairs are done from only the topical and visible points of the issue. Once a roof or siding have been opened unforeseen issues or damages maybe more than the original estimate.

09/19/2017

Lesley J.

The work seems very professional and after yesterday's downpour "test", I feel confident that the leak is fixed.

Description of Work
A roof leak needed fixing.

Category roofing, siding

09/16/2017

Daniel H.

after waiting over a year with several phone calls, the roof was put on color gray architectural. wrong color wrong style. the replacment of the rain gutters was not done well. will never use this company again or recomnd them to anyone!

Description of Work
roof needed stripped with new 3 tab replacement in sand color

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry for the feelings on this job you have with our company. When this process began, as we communicated with and your mom's property you were helping out with. We postponed your roof due to the time of year, the backlog of work that was already ahead of your mom's contract. This project was very difficult due to no access to the house and proximity to the drive way. It was ground pack job tearing off the old roof, and packing in the supplies to do the new roof. This was why is was delayed not to be done in the winter. The color of the shingles was picked by your mother, to match the old shingle that was taken off. We tried very hard to communicate all the reasons for the postponement of the job and color selection she made with you her representative. Eugene Horvath Owner

08/28/2017

Scott D.

This company did an outstanding job in every respect.

Description of Work
Roofing replacement

07/28/2017

Scott W.

Last fall I began getting bids for roof replacement and got 4 bids. S&K was not the lowest or the highest estimate, however they were definitely the most responsive contractor and the most professional all around. We had some specific details, particularly relating to plant protection and clean-up, that we wanted to include in the agreement. Courtney (project manager) was very accommodating about those inclusions. In April I asked S&K to have the work done during June. Courtney said that was possible. In mid-May he said the work would be scheduled for June 14th. The crew showed up at 7:30 am on the 14th and completed the job the next afternoon. Although we did lose a couple of small plants during the project, in general the crew protected the plantings. They also did a great job of clean-up. I was somewhat concerned that even though we had an estimate, there would be attempts to increase the total cost by trying to convince me that some additional unforeseen work needed to be done. However, the crew only replaced two sheets of plywood that were rotted and the cost of the job only increased by $110. I think that it would be a good idea for the homeowner to be present when the crew arrives to observe/advise the crew about how and where to access your site, as well as plant protection. Considering the size and complexity of our job, I think the work went well from beginning to end. Courtney was excellent to work with (patient and accommodating). One of the reasons that I selected S&K to do the work (even though the estimate was not lowest) was that the company had a good reputation and good references. I'm quite happy that I did select them.

Description of Work
S&K replaced the shingles on our house and garage this summer. The house is two story with a very steep roof. Because of plantings and other site features it is difficult to get large equipment close to the house.

06/10/2017

Craig S.

Great! Eli and Makani were so helpful!

Description of Work
Leak in roof checked. Leaky gutters that a dishonest person installed were checked and fixed.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/15/2017

mary C.

Good, hard workers, 2 days to complete

Description of Work
Roof and plywood replacement

03/09/2017

Billie N.

The Stutzman crew showed up on time with an 8 man crew and all material. They were fast, professional and complete in all regards. Their cleanup was particularly note-worthy.

Description of Work
Stutzman & Kroph provided all labor and material to remove all existing roofing and install a new roof complete with vent, plumbing boots, flashing and asphalt shingles.

02/27/2017

Don G.

It went very well. The crew showed up about 15 minutes early and discussed what we wanted and proceeded with the work. They were very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Had a solar tube installed in the living room.

Category roofing, skylights

02/20/2017

John P.

Great, they were very busy because of the weather but fit us in.

Description of Work
Emergency tarping to keep out rain from a faulty gutter.

Category gutter repair

12/10/2016

Tammie Z.

The quality of the work was exceptional, they were done in a day, and we are extremely pleased with the result. They came back two weeks later to paint, and we are very pleased with the end result. We had a bit of angst when trying to confirm the schedule because we couldn't get the person in charge of scheduling to call us back. It all worked out in the end, though.

Description of Work
We hired Stutzman & Kropf to replace some weather worn siding on our house, put in a new sliding glass door, and replace a side garage door. We contracted in August, and the work was done in November.

09/22/2016

shawna Y.

Brett came out and inspected the roof and told me exactly what was going on (only condensation) and said I only needed some venting and even told me we could even tackle it ourselves but I asked for a bid to install it. The other bid I got from a contractor said I need a whole new roof . He was very detailed in his explanation and told me my roof would last many more years. Honesty is something homeowners do not always get with contractors so I value his honesty. I know that we will look to them in the future if we are in need of roofing.

Description of Work
I had a roof issue and thought I may need to replace part of my roof.

07/16/2016

Keith C.

Quite happy with Stutzman and Kropf. The siding project took 4 days. The crew showed up at 7:30 each morning, with trucks towing a porta-potty and trash trailer. (So, I didn't have either of those sitting in my driveway or on the curb during the project's off-hours.) Hard working crew that did good clean-up after each's day's work and then again at project completion.

Description of Work
Remove original Omniwood siding. Repair any dry-rot discovered during process. Install new HardiePlank fiber cement siding. Paint entire house exterior (subcontractor: The Paint Doctor.)

05/09/2016

Tamryn H.

Fantastic company-great customer service above quality workmanship. Knowledgeable staff. Very quick return calls/emails. Will dc business again.

Description of Work
Re-roof of six buildings. Several buildings wad problem areas and STUTZMAN KROPF was able to address all areas for repair including siding Repair.

04/15/2016

gary G.

These guys were great, from start to finish took just under 4 hours. Protected our around the – house plantings, cleaned everything up. Left us completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Remove old roof shingles and replace with new. Including new flashings, drip edges, etc.

03/29/2016

Nancy T.

Their prices are very competitive. They are very professional and did a great job!

Description of Work
I had a new roof installed.

03/29/2016

Pam M.

It went wonderfully. The rain kept them from doing repairs right away - yet they sent someone out to immediately cover area with plastic tarp to prevent further damage. They were great to work with. They showed up on time and did everything they stated they would in the original Estimate given. And, which I hear is unusual, they stayed right on the original estimate cost. The contractor could have told me more damage was done and charged me extra accordingly - but, they didn't. Honest people. I will be calling them when our roof needs complete repairing in a few years or so. Thank you

Description of Work
Roof leak which also resulted in boards being repaired & replaced.

11/21/2015

Rich W.

They showed up on time, worked without break and completed the job same day. Cleaned up and left no trace of having been there except for new roof. Workers were extremely polite and helpful in answering questions.

Description of Work
Remove old roofing, repair under roofing plywood. Remove unused chimney, roof over hole, reroof whole house.

10/19/2015

MARY H.

The expense has prevented me from finishing the other half of the roof. However, they were on time, finished when projected and cleaned up the work site. The roof has remained free of leaks and for that I am pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking flat roof section of house and replaced 1/4 of the main roof.

09/20/2015

Reene W.

After receiving the estimate late spring/early summer I told Stutzman & Kropf that I wanted to schedule my appointment for August. They said they would put me on the calendar and call to set up the actual appointment closer to August. They called me to set up the appointment just like they said they would. On the day of my appointment, they showed up exactly when promised and began work immediately. Stutzman removed the old roof and vents and installed the new roof and vents on my home and little matching shed. My front porch has a cover that extends over part of the roof and I wondered how they would handle it. They took care of it perfectly. They cleaned up the area and yard well when done. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Reroofed home and backyard shed

09/01/2015

Glen P.

It was an awesome experience. They were professional and fast. Roof off and back on in one day. The crews were very friendly. The salesman, Kurt and the superintendent kept us informed.

Description of Work
New roof. New siding. New windows. New gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/20/2015

Suzanne Y.

The roof itself looks good. The five workers seemed to do a good job, as far as I could tell, and were very personable. However, the person who originally signed the contract with me promised to address three or four holes under the roof lip where rodents had been entering. Instead, there remained a large hole after the roofers left that was identified by the pest control people as a roofing issue. Even with Stutzman workers coming back to fix it, the hole remained large enough that the pest people simply went ahead and correctly repaired it with metal flashing. There was also an issue with the felt. I asked the original Stutzman appraiser if the workers would check the plywood/wood structures for rot when they removed the old felt, and if they would put down 30 pound felt instead of their usual 15. He assured me they would. The workers, however, never removed the old felt. The foreman explained that they added 30 pound felt onto the 15 pound felt already there, so that I now had 45 pound felt layer on my roof. They never checked the wood structure as far as I know. They may be good roofers, but I did not feel that my concerns were fully addressed.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

Category contractors, roofing

TNT Construction LLC

Referred Roof Cleaning & Exteriors

Referred Roof Cleaning is a full service roof and exterior cleaning company that has served over 2000 residential and commercial clients since 2011. We have a proprietary online bidding system that allows us to perform accurate bids of most projects remotely, saving our customers time a money. We offer a special 10% off discount to all online bids and guarantee you will receive your bid within 24 hours of your inquiry. We also offer in person estimates if that is your preference. Our company motto is "High Quality, Fair Price, Happy Customers". We follow the Platinum rule which is; "Treat others the way they want to be treated".

Oregon
    CCB- State Of Oregon
    02/01/2017
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc.

How is Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. overall rated?

Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. open?

Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. is open:

What payment options does Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. provide

Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing Available

Does Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc.?

Yes, Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offer?

Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. offers the following services: Stutzman & Kropf Contractors Inc. is a General Construction Company that specializes in Roofing, Siding, Windows and Doors. We focus on exterior water proofing application from Steep Slope Roofing (composition shingles) and all Low Slope Roofing (TPO, PVC, EPDM, and BUR) Systems. We have a long history and diverse experience focus on both Residential and Commercial properties. One of only a few companies that have achieved the James Hardie Preferred Contractor certification in Oregon.