Rite Way Electric Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2007

2904 Three Lakes Rd SE

Albany, OR 97322

From new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting, the expert electricians at Rite Way Electric do it all. We’re specialists in the service and installation of electrical systems, and have a comprehensive knowledge of new technologies, as well as systems that have been installed for years. •For your convenience, on many service projects, our licensed electricians can give a firm estimate on site and complete your project the same day....

03/10/2022

Jan W.

They have done a really good job. They completely replaced a breaker box and are very good at what they do. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced and updated a lot of my outlets in my old house.

12/21/2021

Jerry T.

I am so pleased with them. I used them before. They just gave me an exceptional services. The boss came here to gave me an estimate. They finished in one day. Highly professional and very nice to work with

Description of Work
They installed new electrical service panel and remote generator.

12/17/2018

Larry S.

I downgraded them on responsiveness because it took over a week to get an appointment for a worker to appear. This must mean they are busy, and in fairness, my situation was not an emergency. I was told the price of the service call when I made the appointment. When the worker showed up, he got right to work. We had about 5 wall outlets which had stopped working. Someone had suggested I should just look at all of them and see if there was a loose wire, which would cause the outlets to all quit working if they were all wired on the same circuit. True. However, I decided to leave it to someone who knew what they were doing, and it turned out that would have been required anyway. I can't recall the workers name, but after I described the problem, he settled on one of the outlets, removed the faceplate and removed the outlet from the wall. He noticed some discoloration on one of the wires (I never would have caught it). He announced that was the culprit, explaining the wiring inside the outlet was shorting and causing overheating, which is what caused the problem (or something to that effect). He replaced the one outlet, rewired it and the problem was solved. All done for the price of a service call ($111?) and an outlet. Having someone knowledgeable paid off, and the work was done quickly, once Rite Way showed up. I suspect they would be there faster if you had an emergency. I would most definitely use them again.

Description of Work
House wiring repair. Had a group of wall sockets which didn't work.

08/27/2018

Cheryl C.

The box we had was no longer legal so had to be changed and had to move for the electric company. We wanted some dedicated lines on new circuits for the garage door, air conditioner, split the kitchen line to accommodate more small appliances, outlets and plates added in some rooms as well as all outlets and plates changed out to safety outlets in the kitchen, living room bedrooms and hall bath. I knew they would find some wiring done by amateurs given the state of the prior owners remodels over the years and I was right. Our house was built in the 50's so I know the wiring is old. I can now sleep better knowing the outlets are properly wired and protected and my fear of a house fire has been relieved. They fixed all of those problems and also fixed the ceiling fan in the bathroom. We were very pleased with their service and plan on having them back in the future to complete phase three of our remodel.

Description of Work
Full Circuit Box Changeout and Upgrade

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

12/11/2017

Donald Y.

I ended up finding the problem for them. The electric crew brought dirt onto my carpets, banged a wall with a hammer that created a deep impression, and when asked to fix they just ignored and left. In paying the bill, I asked again that the fix the damage or reduce the cost of their service. After much discussion and repeating my request, my bill was reduced.

Description of Work
Solve the problem of electrical lights diming and electrical plugs tripping off.

09/29/2017

Richard T.

Called Rite Way. They scheduled us for 6:30 AM the following Monday, they do not work on the weekend. Eric arrived on time and diagnosed the problem. It took 3 hours to diagnose and fix the problems, both in the house and in the crawl space. Eric worked the whole time. Rite Way staff and Eric the electrician are awesome! Professional. Courteous. Organized. Prompt. More than fair pricewise. Next time I have electrical problems I will definitely call Rite Way. Highly recommend them! My wife and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
Lost electricity in 2 rooms in our house, walls and ceiling on a Friday about 3:00 PM.

08/17/2017

Erin M.

Fantastic! Technician was early, provided information on what could and could not be done, and finished all projects quickly. Left the place quite clean (we informed not to worry about making a mess too much) - even gave us a heads up on something we may need to look at in the future based on what he saw in our attic. Highly recommend and will most certainly hire again!

Description of Work
Installation of a ceiling fan (no wiring prior); installation of a few new outlets.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

05/10/2017

Walter L.

Fine. Repairs were made in a timely manner

Description of Work
Installation/repair of lighting fixtures in office and garage

04/06/2017

Robert K.

Takes a few days to be scheduled. But on time. Very communicative. Predictable and dependable performance. Swift and efficient work. Great value. Takes care to avoid damage, messes, and cleans up after the job. Ran into an issue with the size of the existing vent pipe. They recommended a very good mechanical contractor for that part. Came back to help them with a question on the connections.

Description of Work
Bathroom ventilation fan and timer installation for three bathrooms Tried one, loved it, and then did two more. Called later to install ceiling light fixtures in new locations.

Category electrician, lighting

01/10/2017

Alex D.

I was assigned Rite Way Electric by my AHS Home Warranty. They tried to contact me on Friday but AHS didn't provide them with my phone number. I called them on Monday and the said they'd send a tech out on Wednesday. I said that sounds great and explained how excited I am to have hot water again. Ben said he'd call his tech in Sublimity to see if he could go out that day (Monday) and he called me back a moment later saying he could! Eli showed up around 3:00 and was very kind and professional. Obviously knows his stuff. He swapped the breaker, and gave me a few DIY tips if we need to tweak anything else in the water heater, and electrically in general. He let me watched and ask questions, as I love having a deeper understanding of things now that we're home owners. If I come across anything else that's electrically over my head, I'll definitely give Rite Way a call. They were very prompt (same day service!), Eli showed up right when he said he would, and didn't push any crazy upsells or anything. A personable guy who's obviously very good at what he does.

Description of Work
Turns out all I needed was a new breaker to get our water heater working again.

Category electrician, water heater repair

09/26/2016

Clyde F.

They did a great job in finding the problem quickly and efficiently. Great to work with.

Description of Work
Find ground fault

09/23/2016

Gregory C.

Great job as usual. They are my go to for all electrical work. Never disappointed.

Description of Work
Install of new wiring for range

09/23/2016

Sherry L S.

Perfect! They were on-time, cleaned after themselves, polite, AND they did a great job! Everything promised was done before they signed off. Inspection perfect.

Description of Work
Panel exchange, lots of updating, new dedicated connections for electronics, computers, microwaves, new outside lights, programmable thermostat.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, ceiling fans

06/09/2016

Judith M.

Ely arrived on time, laid out his plan and provided a bid. I agreed to his bid and he started work immediately. The routing of the circuit was difficult and awkward. In fact other electricians had opted not to attempt it. He was very knowledgeable, capable and genuinely a nice guy. His work was efficient and very well done. The circuit works perfectly and looks good. The project was completed on time and on budget. I highly recommend Rite Way and Ely for any electrical need.

Description of Work
He installed a difficult to accomplish circuit for our new hot tub.

04/25/2016

Travis M.

Rite Way Electric, Inc. knocked it out of the park. Their estimator provided valuable input as to where the panel would best be sited as part of a remodel we're doing, and he helped us navigate the process with the power company. He was very responsive and spent a generous amount of time on the phone and helped us adapt our plan to challenges for our site. On the big day, their crew arrived promptly as scheduled and were well prepared. They were professional, good to work with, and they worked very hard to complete this sizable task in a single day, which helped minimize the cost. We are so happy with the final product, and very glad we chose Rite Way. We will not hesitate to hire them for future work.

Description of Work
Installed 200 amp meter-main and new panel in my house.

03/23/2016

parker M.

Eli and Cort were on time, friendly and knowledgeable. The wires in my house are old and Eli talked to me about the problems and what could be done. We ended up going with a quick fix and plan a bigger project later.

Description of Work
Replaced two lights that had problems.

Category lighting

03/04/2016

Howard P.

AAA work. GFCI was located indoors and it was wired to 2 oudoor outlets.Quickly found the fault.With their $30 off coupon for service, repair which after spending time diagnosing was to replace GFCI.I had tried to do this on my own, but could not get it to work.I didn't realize that in the 3 years I had the old GFCI,the manufacturesers changed the wiring and it was upside down to what it used to be. They repaired it with a quality GFCI and it even has a one year parts and labor warrant warranty. Would recommend this company for any residentail use.This was a small job and they schedueld me in qucikly,the electrican was courteousand polite and next timeI can get a 5% senior discount !

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem with gfci that kept tripping with no load attached.

02/11/2016

Russell B.

Rite Way came to my house due to a lock of an electrical connection to my water heater. They were timely, professional, and offered great advice in addition to great service. When they needed an unusual part, they arranged to have it delivered from the shop while they were on-site rather than scheduling another great trip. I'll definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced an older style of circuit breaker

01/22/2016

Joan S.

A general contractor had installed a new dual-fuel range for us in November 2014, and later in February 2015, a new exhaust fan. We hadn?t used the new appliances very much (retired, somewhat elderly .... well, OK, elderly) ? not much baking, etc ? finding our larger Breville toaster oven serving our purposes ... Until Thanksgiving 2015, when the oven would continually trip the circuit breaker. The from-scratch yeast rolls finished baking in the Breville, and the turkey (fortunately) in a roaster appliance. It was time to call in the professionals. Rite Way?s Eli checked out our system and found a number of problems. He estimated the work would require two people for two to three hours, DAY OF SERVICE: Before they left, Eli also performed a general over-all check of our electrical stuff. We are very happy with Rite Way Electric and recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
The work performed, according to the invoice: Eli and Dennis came on December 28, 2015. Per their invoice: Troubleshoot dual fuel range; found incorrect breaker for range oven; repaired wiring in electrical panel and replaced breaker; extended circuit and reinstalled hood fan; repaired and made safe wiring in oven receptacle; installed correct oven receptacle and cover behind cabinets.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

01/09/2016

Cheryl A G.

After replacing all six alarms, Blake finally called the manufacturer. He was perplexed when the agent asked him to take all six alarms outside and come back in, then call her back. He did this, and there was still a chirping alarm! I immediately said that we were clearly looking in an unusual place for another alarm. It didn't take too long to discover a plug-in variety of carbon monoxide detector that the painters I'd had repaint the inside before moving in had taken out of the wall to paint around the outlet, and put it in a kitchen cabinet. The battery died and that's what was chirping. It was difficult to localize because of high ceilings and walls with nothing on them yet, making the chirp echo. So all six smoke alarms were replaced needlessly and three hours of unnecessary work was done by a very diligent Blake, costing me a whopping $506 -- $298 more than it would have cost without the "chirping fiasco." Blake felt very badly that he had to charge me for the smoke alarms (clearly more expensive than if I'd purchased them from Amazon, where I would normally purchase such items) -- and of course, he had to charge me for his time, which he split with me. That was kind. Yes, this whole thing made me gulp a bit, but it wasn't the electrician's or the company's fault. Blake was just trying to help me out as I'd asked him to do since I'd gone three days with this incessant chirping. He got (almost) as frustrated as I was about it trying to get it resolved, but always appropriate. Even though I didn't (really) need the last three of the four hours of service, I would hire RWE again for a project requiring an electrician. And Blake is a kind, warm-hearted gentleman!

Description of Work
Replaced four fixtures I had provided. Resolved an issue with constantly chirping smoke alarms that wouldn't respond to battery changes or to the alarms being replaced. It took four hours of work with Blake getting a bit frustrated, but he said he wasn't going to leave me alone with this chirping alarm!

12/23/2015

Laura Z.

I've used Riteway before and always been impressed. Not any more. I had them come out to check an outlet that wasn't shutting off with the breaker off. When he asked who I used the response I got was "well maintenance guys are just idiots." Then while working on replacing that outlet and trying to get a screw out of the outlet piece that goes behind the wall plate his drill slips and bangs against my counters...causing a chip in my brand new Quartz countertops. Then the final price changed two times when he was writing up my invoice.

Description of Work
Installed new outlet and replaced an existing outlet

12/04/2015

Nancy H.

This was a big job and a meticulous installation all the way. The bid I received was highly detailed, so there was never a question of what would be done during installation. The electricians were personable and professional at all times. They worked for three full days on the project, and they spent a final hour testing and training me on the controller to make sure I understood every aspect of how to control the generator and view the logs. When they left, the work site was cleaner than when they found it, and the perfectionism was obvious, with breaker boxes lined up on the wall, neat wires, and every new breaker clearly labeled. The county inspector agreed and commented that the configuration of the autostart wiring was designed better than most installations he sees, and that Rite Way is at the top of his list of electrical companies that do a great job with no hidden costs. This was without a doubt one of my best contractor experiences!

Description of Work
Rite Way delivered and installed a Cummins standby generator with an autostart system and made the modifications necessary for it to work. They installed a second breaker panel and moved over the circuits that would be handled by the generator during power failures. They contacted my propane company and met with a gas technician on site to decide the best place to site the generator. They dug the trench for the conduit and gas line. They installed the autostart box into my outer garage wall. They ran a line through the walls for the generator controller unit so I could control the generator from indoors.

09/06/2015

Lacy G.

The scope of work makes it sound like a walk in the park - but the buildings involved, with the exception of the chicken coop, date from 1901 and many of them were still wired with knob and tube. The property was seriously underpowered and we had concerns that a surge might cause a permanent failure. Big problem since we are on a well. Rite Way told us that if we had a failure before our scheduled date for service they would come out on an emergency basis and get us operational. That was a very important reassurance for us since the lights dimmed every time we used a large appliance. All the staff, office, estimator, scheduler and installation crew were courteous and professional. The work crew arrived on time and cleaned up afterwards everyday. Rite Way scheduled the inspection with the County and we passed with flying colors. The inspector asked who had done the work and we told him Rite Way. He commented they always do great work. That made me really glad we had selected them! We plan to have them come back to u[grade the house, additional outbuildings and the big barn. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Rewired and upgraded service to our pump house, machine shed, equipment barn, chicken coop & sheep barn. Set up service for a backup generator.

Category electrician, lighting

07/06/2015

David S.

This is the second time I have used Rite Way Electric. Late last year they wired a shop for me and did an excellent job. This time the fellow was on time and called me ahead of time to say when he would be at the house. He was prompt, quick, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty GFCI receptacle in my home office.

06/02/2015

Della B.

Very professional,friendly and did nice work

Description of Work
Install cover on GFCI

Aire Serv of the Willamette

Aire Serv Heating and Air Conditioning, serving the Greater Portland Metro, including the Greater Salem, Albany, and Corvallis areas, never charges overtime, we offer financing for general repairs up to new heating and cooling products. We have won Angie's List's Super Service Award 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, & 2016. Our technicians are well trained on everything from the latest technology to old school products. We have same day service available and same & next day installation of central heating and cooling systems at no additional cost. We will not charge you the diagnostic or trip charge to come out to your home or office with any repair. Please ask when you call or one of our technicians how to get 15% off your service call. Award winning. Additional DBA - A Team Heating & Cooling LLC. OR Lic#188791

Offers by Aire Serv of the Willamette  on Angi
    AIR CONTROL SYSTEMS, INC

Breezy HVAC and Construction

Breezy HVAC and Construction specializes in all your HVAC needs. Whether it be a check up on your current system, installing a whole new system, or a duct cleaning and repair. Breezy strives to keep our customers happy. We explain things to customers and work with their budget to the best of our ability. If we can repair your current system over replacing it, we will! Breezy HVAC and Construction is family owned and operated. The owner, Trevor Jaeger, has been in the field for 8 years but decided to open Breezy in February 2021. Trevor is accompanied by his wife Desirae. Together they work with customers to determine the best options available for them! Stay comfy and call Breezy! We make it easy!

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

AC & heat pump hook ups. Minor electrical, electric heat, generator wiring. Remodeling & new construction.