INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2006

Martell McDougal is president of Installations & Remodeling Inc. His knowledge of the trade, honesty and sacrifice along with continued dedication to customer satisfaction has lead to years of success and a large customer base....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

house painting (26)home remodeling (19)electrician (11)drywall (10)interior painting (9)plumbers (9)woodworking (6)door installation (5)tile installation (5)handyman (4)appliance repair (4)insulation (3)

09/28/2022

Heather O.

Earlier this year we hired Installations & Remodeling Inc to remodel our master bathroom, including a new shower, jetted tub, and counter which required framing, masonry, plumbing, drywall, and painting. Was so impressed with the attention to detail and professionalism that we recently had them repaint the exterior of our home. Extremely pleased with the way that both jobs turned out. Martel is extremely organized and can easily adjust his plan to adapt to the unexpected and still stay on overall schedule.

Description of Work
Exterior painting & soffit repair

Category home remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

09/15/2022

Dana Y.

We had hired Martell McDougal and his company for our kitchen remodel and we were so pleased that we hired him for our bathroom remodel. It was an extensive project, in my opinion, in which we wanted to remove a huge garden tub and window and replace our tiny shower with a large shower that could allow us to be able to age in place. This meant a low entry into the shower, an opening large enough to accommodate a wheelchair, and grab bars. But we didn’t want it to look like a hospital shower. Martell again did such a beautiful job, creating a gorgeous shower for us that will help keep us safe as we grow older! Again, Martell is the man to hire if you want precision, attention to detail, and someone who will set a schedule and stick to it. When Martell schedules his work, you are the only project he works on for that period of time. There is no worrying that he’ll tear out your bathroom and leave for a week to work on something else before finishing your work. It is a breath of fresh air for a contractor to state how many days or weeks a project will take and for that schedule to be followed! If you want a project that will be done on time, accurately and professionally, with top-notch quality workmanship, hire Installations & Remodeling, Inc.!

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

07/09/2022

Timothy O.

Excellent work and very pleased with final result.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/09/2022

06/13/2022

Jennie G.

Work was completed as expected. They left the area where the work was done very clean. The work was completed in a timely manner from the time I contacted them. This is the third project that I have hired Installations & Remodeling Inc to complete at my house and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Various home repairs including electrical, gutter repair, replacing some wood, painting and storm door alignment.

Category electrician, handyman service, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

05/12/2022

C V.

Remodel began on the date we were given, he was here every day on time, worked to our satisfaction, gave us good advice when we had a question. This was the third job he has done for us in the last four years, first two were bathroom remodels. Never considered using any one else after the first job he did for us. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
This time remodeled the kitchen, new cabinets, countertops, sink, garbage disposal, faucet, tile back splash, lights and flooring.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 39730820

04/29/2021

Jeremy K.

We just finished our second project with Martel, the first being a complete kitchen remodel. This one was redoing our bathroom. We are more than pleased. Working with him is so easy. His bids are right on target both with price and time to finish the project. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are pleased with the results. He listens to what you want and makes it happen. He even made some suggestions I hadn't even thought of that improved my original vision. I would recommend him for any project you might have and definitely plan on using him for any additional projects around my house.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

03/11/2021

Tracy B.

The best experience I've had with a first-time-used Contractor. He came prepared. Didn't have to run back and forth to Home Depot. He worked quickly and efficiently. Very important when a large door is being replaced and it's 28 degrees outside. I have passed his information on to others looking for a good Contractor and I will most definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Replace French door with patio sliding doors

Category appliance repair, doors

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 39245296

02/28/2021

Bill F.

The company Installations and Remodeling Inc. were prompt on getting the jobs completed on time. All employees were very professional in appearance and personal interactions.

Description of Work
outside painting, flooring, and tile work in the shower

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 02/28/2021

02/28/2021

Jeremy K.

Quality workmanship, quoted time frame was spot on, completed job when advertised, did excellent work. Excited to start bathroom remodel.

Description of Work
Remodel Kitchen

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

02/26/2021

Timothy O.

Excellent quality work and very well organized and high work ethic. I would highly recommend him and his company.

Description of Work
We needed doors installed, drywall repair and replacement, indoor painting, and new vinyl flooring installed to replace old carpet.

Category appliance repair, drywall, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

01/31/2019

Dana Y.

What started out as a basic paint the kitchen cabinets and add new counters quickly morphed into a much larger project, one that we realized was above our level of expertise. Trying to find a reputable contractor can be daunting. We decided to explore the recommendation of a long-time friend who directed us to Martell McDougal of Installations & Remodeling, Inc. From our initial consultation with Martell, we were sure he was just the right person for the job. He gave us many options and explained how each affected the overall cost of the finished product. In his estimate, he spelled out to the letter what was included, what might be an extra cost, and how long the project was supposed to take to complete. We could not be any happier with the finished product and highly recommend his services. Martell is a man of his word and will tell it like it is. What you will get if you use this company: On-time completion of the job, super attention to detail, superior workmanship, and top-quality materials. He does not flit from job to job; he stays with your project until it is finished. As a testament to his quality, he stays pretty heavily booked, but it is well worth the wait!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 37700142

11/23/2018

brian P.

Outstanding. This was the fourth job Martel has done on our house over the last 15 years and never has there been a problem.

Description of Work
Back Room ceiling finished and also some siding work

Category electrician, remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

11/08/2018

Kathryn H.

Martell McDougal is the owner of this company, and I highly recommend Martell as your contractor. Martell works ONLY for YOU while in your project so you have his complete attention. His attention to detail, his eye for structure that can fit the design, his years of experience, and his tenacity are just a few of the qualities that Martell will bring to your project. He is incredibly meticulous, has a daily agenda for every task for every day of the project, and is very accurate on projection dates, etc. Martell went above and beyond for my project by working extra days, and longer hours so that each day's project was complete. Martell is also very honest, and seriously takes your specific wishes and needs to heart. He worked extra hard to give me what I wanted at a price I could afford. The price is also more than reasonable with Martell. Every detail of my project was itemized and priced, so I had a lot of freedom to choose what worked best for me. Martell McDougal is the only contractor I will ever hire again. I truly got "spoiled" to the complete professionalism and total accuracy he brought to my renovation.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation, laundry room renovation, addition of master bath and master closet

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 37540420

06/22/2018

Pat H.

Very pleased with everything they done.

Description of Work
Replaced all Fascia and painted two coats. Installed new front door and my garage door entrance. Installed new light and garden hose holder.

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

06/22/2018

Sandi B.

Never been disappointed. he is coming to do more work.

Description of Work
Painted outside of house. Did interior painting and a bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/19/2016

03/12/2018

Michael S.

Martell does great work. Can't say enough about his knowledge and abilities and his attention to detail. He estimates his work with extreme accuracy and sticks with the timeline communicated. He shows up when he says he will be there and works tirelessly to perform the work in the best manner and to the home owner's specifications. He's also able to make suggestions and recommendations based on his many years of experience in virtually all aspects of home repair and remodeling. When he needs outside assistance, he arranges it through contact he has in the field and is very particular about their work as well as his own. He is unique in his efforts to disrupt his client's lives as little as possible, cleaning up each day after work completion. I believe we'd be hard pressed to find anyone better. He's well worth both the wait (he schedules well in advance) and the cost (he's not the cheapest, but you get real value and service for our dollars) should you elect to engage his services. Martell prefers to use quality products and has the background to justify the selection of everything from paint to plumbing fixtures. He works with quality suppliers of cabinetry, countertops, tub/shower surrounds and glass to provide a product that will last and be admired. I can't speak highly enough about his work ethic nor value sufficiently his knowledge and expertise. In addition to all of this, Martell is personable and a pleasure to know and work with. You won't regret engaging him, whatever it is you need done around your home!

Description of Work
Complete remodeling of kitchen, guest bathroom, master bathroom. Painting of full house exterior. Installation of new side garage entrance door. Bracing of sagging garage ceiling.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 36901204

06/30/2016

Janie O.

Martell worked with us before the job started. He made sure everything was going along according to schedule so the job could begin and continue smoothly. He told us what to expect and gave us advice that turned out to be invaluable. When the job began he had a daily schedule that he stuck to religiously. He was here on time and worked the entire day. Martell is a perfectionist. Everything was done perfectly. He did what he said he would do (and more)?and did it professionally and wonderfully. He exceeded our expectations. We love our new kitchen as do everyone who sees it. Every detail is perfect. We will not use anyone else in the future. If you want work done perfectly and on time go with Martell. He is an honorable man and takes great pride in his work.?

Description of Work
Gutted and completely built a kitchen. Oversaw the building of a shower.

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

04/14/2015

James M.

fantastic it was on budget and on time we were sohappy we had him pint the house

Description of Work
We had him install new tub and remodel bath

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

12/30/2014

sandra S.

I felt that the job would have been done with perfection . Owner came on a sat morning for the estimate of : tiling back splash , moving a cabinete up to accomadate the microwave and putting in sliding drawers in a very deep pantry. He was there about four hours had written information about his work and business and offer a lot of references. He was obviously proud of his work. I really felt he was right for the job. He could not get to our job until April and the bid was too high. He tried to work out a better price and I was going to hire, but my co-worker volunteered to do it for much less. If I have a major job, I would definitely call on this group. I know the work would be done with the highest standards.

Description of Work
Did not hire.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/02/2014

07/12/2014

Sherry P.

Martel and his crew were prompt, courteous, thorough, and professional. They worked diligently on repairs to make ready for the exterior paint. Actually, they did more prep and repair work than they initially intended. Martell is a bit of a perfectionist (which is a good thing). They worked long days, taking only one break each day. They came well prepared with all materials needed. The end result is beautiful. It looks like a new home. They even installed my new doorbell button for good measure. My husband and I are very pleased with their work. We would definitley use them again for any remodeling work.

Description of Work
Replaced fascia boards, soffits and vents, caulked and repaired as needed on exterior of house. Primed and painted exterior of house; including window shutters.

Category contractors, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2014

Review for INSTALLATIONS & REMODELING INC - 1430 E 36TH PL., Tulsa, OK - 18335472

02/26/2014

Beverly L.

I contacted three contractors on Angie's List on February 3rd, via Angie's List email provision. Martell contacted me on Feb 5th and made arrangements for a bid on the 8th. Martell came and bid the job with my husband on Saturday Feb 8th. I was in Texas for a wedding so my husband was here. He explained that we wanted an inexpensive tub and surround like the one we had in the other bathroom. Husband said Martell was willing to use the type materials we wanted and explained that he always uses floor protection and cleans up every day after the day's work, brings an enclosed trailer/workshop with everything he needs onsite. My husband is OCD and was EXTREMELY impressed with Martell's self-proclaimed OCD and attention to detail. He does quality work, I'm sure, and given that he does take extra precautions for the homeowners property, his bid was reasonable, but more than we could afford at this time. If we had the money to spend on this, and were going to keep this house forever, we probably would have used Martell, and would use him in the future. My husband really liked him a lot, especially the punctuality and attention to detail. He said this guy has it ALL together..(and my husband doesn't hand out compliments like that often).. Martell called a week later with an estimate amount and said if we were going to have him do the job, he would send a detailed written estimate. When my husband explained that we couldn't really afford that, (We aren't cheapskates, just on a fixed disability income) Martell understood, still had a good attitude toward us and even offered us to call him back if we needed some advice. Thank you for your time, Martell! Husband tore out tub himself, bought the materials, and we are hoping a friend can help us install. If you have the money I would recommend INSTALLATIONS and REMODELING INC.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate on bathtub replacement, plumb for shower, finish out.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/17/2014

01/26/2014

Teresa W.

They are very attentive to details and very clean, delivering a quality end product and I did not have to worry about what might go wrong. The wall they replaced is perfect. I have used this firm in the past to remodel a bathroom - gutting it down to the studs and they completed the work in seven days. They have also assisted with exterior painting and kitchen remodeling. The prices may be higher than other firms but the service and quality make the difference. A detailed budget was provided in advance for each project and they delivered on time and within the budget. I will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Martel and his team provided a long list of services including the following: replace 5 bathroom faucets and install granite counter tops in all baths, identify bathtub leak, remove wall, fix, replace sheet rock and return to previous state including painting, installed several light fixtures, installed ceiling fan in cathedral ceiling, removed and replaced all exterior shutters, replaced three exterior weight bearing rotting columns and painted.

Category house painters