HOUCHIN ELECTRIC CO INC

Founded 1974 • With Angi since July 2006

P.O. Box 471347

Tulsa, OK 74147

OKLAHOMA LICENSE 000670. 40 EMPLOYEES. FREE ESTIMATES. SERVICE CALL COST IS DETERMINED BY HOURLY RATE: $90.00 FOR THE FIRST HOUR & $40.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL 1/2 HOUR FOR 1 ELECTRICIAN. HELPER & MATERIALS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE IF NEEDED & WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE. AFTER HOURS CHARGE IS

06/06/2019

Charlie B.

Tim came right on time, early really. And he had the socket replaced perfectly in about 50 minutes. Have not gotten the bill yet, but from using them in the past, I know it will be reasonable. Only an hour's worth of work.

Description of Work
I had mangled an attempt at replacing a light socket on a fixture in our living room.

Category electrician

Mr. [Member Name Removed] thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business.

04/22/2017

Steven N.

Everything was done efficiently and satisfactorily. Marvin is very resourceful in repairing or fixing problems.

Description of Work
Various electrical work in connecting with remodeling project.

Category electrician

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business.

02/09/2016

Katie W.

Smoothly. Sometimes it's hard to get the residential business guy to call back but I am really happy with the electrician they have sent out. I had several bids and they were reasonable and I've been happy with all the work they have done for me. I plan on having them rewire my whole house.

Description of Work
They re-wired my detached garage and redid the service to it. They also added undercounter lights in the kitchen.

Category electrician

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business and are pleased that you were happy with our work.

02/02/2016

David E.

Tech arrived 15 minutes late, albeit late, he was professional. He addressed the problem but could not remedy the problem as it was related to the internal wiring of the fixture. I later replaced the fixture and finished the wiring myself. I was shocked to receive the invoice a week later to reveal labor charges for travel time to my home especially when it was not disclosed at the time when the appointment was made. I do not feel the fiscal responsibility for the Tech to pay when he is caught in traffic or lost. I have used this Company before, but the "travel time" charge, which I was told was 40 minutes, is new and makes this Company non-competitive and will not use again.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot electrical service to exterior light fixture.

01/25/2016

Reid B.

Living in an older home with plaster walls, the installer initially told me the job couldn't be done without ripping out historic crown molding. After discussing with another of their master electricians, they came up with a plan to avoid damaging the woodwork. They ultimately successfully installed the lights and switches with minimal damage to the walls or woodwork. Very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Houchin installed 8 4" can lights and 1 pendant fixture and 3 dimmer switches.

12/04/2015

David S.

Promptly responded to service call, repaired damaged power line drop. Sadly they were actually to fast to respond. The utilities contractor sent out to remove tree limbs came out saw that the line was clear and left, so I had to find another tree service to remove tree limbs off my house. But not going to hold that against Houchin. And have recommended the to friends.

Description of Work
Reattached power line after storm damages do neighbors tree.

Category electrician

Thank You. Sorry that the utilities contractor did not remove the tree limbs.

11/24/2015

Robert B.

It went better than anticipated. called for appt, came same day, estimated price over the phone. took about 2 hours & required crawling into attic in very tight space. i recall the quoted price was abouut $90/hour...same as other quoters. the electrician was in company uniform, ID, all the good stuff. He was clean in appearance and clean in his work. I had originally bought the replacement unit at Home depot or similar thinking I could do it. The attic climb is not for me so i decided to hire a pro. He wasted no time, finished and went on to the next stop. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Remove and Replace NuTone heat/vent/light in Bathroom

Thank you.

11/11/2015

Sheryl L.

They are professional and trustworthy. Its a challenge to find good contractors that stay on the up and up and continue to provide excellent service. They are one of them!!! I dont hesitate to bid jobs and check pricing but they just always end up with the job. I know it's going to be done right and typically the pricing is better or close. They've got a great team! I recommend them constantly and will continue to use them without hesitation. Marvin and his wife rock!!!

Description of Work
Houchin has provided electrical services for me over the past 3 years through my renovation and with issues that radomly come up. New lighting such as LED canned lights, new switches, new plugs in walls, under cabinet LED, new Chandelier drop points with rewiring and new wiring, master bath floor heating. Running new lines through house. The list goes on.....

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

Thank you [Member name removed] It is always good to hear that our customers are happy with the work we do for them.

09/23/2015

Yvonne P.

The estimate I received was reasonable so I said it was a go. I received a call later that day and they were able to come out the same day to get started. They completed the job the next day and it was actually better than what I was expecting. Things were done that went beyond what I was hoping for but wasn't really expecting.

Description of Work
Added a plug by the pool.

Category electrician

We are glad that you were satisfied with the work we did. Thank You for the opportunity and the review.

08/30/2015

David E.

Everything went well, installation professional and complete. Work was up to code I am satisfied. The fee charged was surprisingly high, or if it wasn't I wasn't apprised by the electrican at the time of the work was done. Invoice for the work arrived a week later.

Description of Work
Install outdoor timer for light.

07/30/2015

Christine S.

We had an over sink light installed and had outlets and lightswitches replaced in the downstairs of our home after a remodel. Some of our wiring had been wonky and our contractor had a general "handyman" do some electrical work that we weren't confident in, so we called in the pros! Houchin was great and we feel much safer with our switches and dishwasher being properly wired. Tim was our electrician and he was very friendly and we felt fine having him in our home. We missed one outlet when they were getting replaced and they came back out to fix it at no cost. Great company.

Description of Work
Replaced outlets and lightswitches throughout downstairs, installed light fixture, rewired power to dishwasher.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Thank You.

06/30/2015

William D.

The lights are great. He showed up on time, explained everything, cleaned up his mess, and I absolutely love the new lights.

Description of Work
Installed 6 new can lights on two different dimmer switches

05/05/2015

Marcia M.

We had a fire hazard situation and had to turn the electric off to the house. They came out faster than we could get anyone else to come to the house. We felt the price was fair as they had to make a couple of trips to our home. We are definitely going to call them the next time we need an electrician! They did an excellent job and were so nice!

Description of Work
Installed a new neutral lug for fuse box.

11/17/2014

Eric H.

Everyone was great, they were the cheapest and did it very quickly. Honest people!

Description of Work
Fixed items on fix list for sale of House

11/14/2014

Jan H.

Summary: most professional, timely, responsive, highest quality work ethic, customer care company and technicians I've EVER had (and I've worked with many). Technician "David" came in and asked to review the list I provided (impressive!). Once we reviewed and ensured both on same page, he put his head down and went to work from one task to the next, and worked like a STAR!. Never stood around chatting to run the clock. Only stopped long enough to ask my preference when needed. Totally polite and positive. Technician "Mike" joined later and ditto customer care and technical expertise/quality work. Office manager and scheduler, "Donnie", came out for initial estimate. Very responsive to a female that needs to "talk" through the details. Very kind, polite, patient. Most positive to work with! I would HIGHLY recommend Houchin Electric and have already raved to all my friends and neighbors. You could not have better. Sincerely, Real happy customer

Description of Work
Completed a customer-provided list of upgrades and repairs on a 1959 built split level home ~ 2400 SF. Replaced breaker box, R&R light fixtures, installed new bathroom heaters, GIF outlets requiring outside line work, 3-prong outlets, large appliance outlets, etc.

10/27/2014

Shannon O.

I had contacted this company to finish installing a ceiling fan and to install a corresponding wall control that went with it. The old light fixture had already been removed, but we had run into some problems trying to install the new ceiling fan. We have an older home, and the existing hardware and supports in the ceiling were not standard and we couldn't figure it out ourselves. After a bad experience with other electricians and projects, I wasn't expecting much, but thought I'd give someone new a try. When the electrician got to my house, he was extremely courteous and knowledgeable. I explained to him some of the complications, and he agreed that they were an issue, but he said he'd figure out a way around them. Unlike other electricians that seemed baffled by the house's challenges, he simply said "By the time I leave, the fan will be hanging." He had to go to the hardware store to purchase a few things for the solutions he improvised. The result was a securely hung ceiling fan that worked and looked perfect. The wall control was installed and programmed without issue, even though I wasn't positive I had purchased the correct one. On top of everything, services took only a little over an hour and I was only charged $90! I am extremely pleased with this company and especially with the electrician. I will definitely be using them for my future electrical needs.

Description of Work
installed ceiling fan & corresponding light switch

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

08/19/2014

Alex V.

The gentleman checked out and found out it was a screw by me, of not wiring correctly some terminals. So with great honesty, since my wife does not know about electrical issues, he indicated what the true problem was, then proceeded to fix it in a very short time. Besides doing a good job, he was fast and also cleaned up the work area very well. So I would ask the company to congratulate the personnel in my name.

Description of Work
The personnel came to check out a problem with the jacuzzi, that was not working correctly

07/22/2014

Turaj P.

We have used Houchin before. The service has always been performed at the promised time and at a fair rate.

Description of Work
Added an outlet, modified others.

05/27/2014

Erik D.

They did a lot of work, price was competitive. They were prompt and the quality of work was good.

Description of Work
I used Houchin Electric Co Inc, they upgraded some electrical components and wiirings in the property that I purchased.

05/13/2014

Steve and Cathy S.

I used Houchin Electric Co Inc. It was over a period of several months. They are a fantastic electrical contracting firm. I give them nothing but 'A's. They are very reasonable. They are very good when it comes to service. They are very good in the pricing and very, very fair in their pricing. Their work is top notch. They did a tremendous amount of work for us.

Description of Work
We have put in a separate double oven and cook top and Houchin Electric Co Inc did the additional tube plumbing. They installed additional lighting for us. They put in extra cable for us. They have moved the electrical for the refrigerator. They did quite a bit of an extensive work for us. They put the electrical outlets under the cabinets for us in the kitchen and from the walls.

05/11/2014

Charlie B.

I had a fan that I needed installed and couldnt figure out why it kept tripping the breaker. I was going to be unavailable for awhile and the room had no light due to my mangling of the installation. I called at 8:00 pm sunday night, and Steve, the electrician on call, drove right away from Skiatook. that is around 45 minutes away from my home in jenks. 3eSteve quickly identified my problem and got the fan and light working perfectly. he was very kind and had no issue with coming out on sunday night at 9:00

01/06/2014

Kendra C.

He came 45 minutes after I called. Very nice work.

Description of Work
Replaced plugs, checked braker box.

01/06/2014

Lester B.

excellent work. on time. very efficient. very good people. know their trade. very pleased indeed.

Description of Work
reinstall lighting fixture

10/30/2013

Randy C.

They are fantastic. Whenever they give me a quote, their quote is under. They are on time and they complete the job within the given time period or date.

Description of Work
The last time that I used Houchin Electric Company Incorporated was maybe six days ago for the replacement of a light fixture.

07/13/2013

Scott M.

I had a side of my garage that the eletrical outlets stopped working in. I called for an estimate and the service professional helped me fix the problem over the phone and saved me the charge for a service call. It turned out that a GCFI outlet had tripped in the water heater closet and had disabled the rest of the outlets in my garage.

Description of Work
Repair non-functioning outlets in garage