ANDY ONCALL

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

1516 S. Boston Ave. Suite 210

Tulsa, OK 74119

General home repairs, small commercial jobs

04/01/2022

James B.

We needed to replace a front and back bathroom shower so called andy oncall. They were always running behind and when they replaced the back shower they created a leak that got into the main bedroom. It was so bad half the carpet and pad had to be pulled back (and we had to do it), and new pad had to be replaced. We tried letting them know it was urgent and needed to be done ASAP but they were not sympathetic to our situation. I would never do business with them again. Dont get work done with these guys you'll regret it.

Description of Work
Replaced shower

Category handyman service, remodeling

02/22/2016

Janet R.

Provided arrived, cleaned up tile that had to be replaced, finished the job, and thoroughly cleaned up afterwards. We were extremely pleased and will definitely give them a call the next time. Price was extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Plumber had come earlier and had to knock out faucet area of tub to replace. Drywall and tile needed to be redone afterwards.

Category home remodeling

12/07/2015

KEVIN B.

Everything went fine. I think they were expensive.

Description of Work
They made a bracket and secured my dishwasher that came loose.

11/17/2015

Kim B.

Professional, on time, overall good experience.

Description of Work
added steps and rail to deck

Category decks, handyman service

10/31/2015

Pamela M.

Repair was completed quickly. He brought all materials and cleaned up mess.

Description of Work
Repair ceiling sheetrock due to leak.

Category drywall, handyman service

10/05/2015

LAURA S.

Work that was completed was shotty at best. Worker returned with his wife a week later to finish. He sent his wife to the door. When it was questioned why she was there and not him that is when his rant began. Credit to the wife she remained calm but her husband was rude and a shotty craftsman.

Description of Work
Worker was an hour and a half late on first appointment. Then left and left garage door wide open said he would return and did not. Called company to voice concerns. He then showed up with his wife. Called us snobby yelled and screamed, we recorded his 6 minute rant. Needless to say work was incomplete and this provider would never get a rec from us! His response was he did not need our business. Beware!

08/30/2015

Tammy S.

He acted like he could care less and the estimate was an outrageous price, then he told me he could do it on his own on his off hours.

Description of Work
He came out to give an estimate.

07/02/2015

Linda V.

the panel replacement went very well. The exterior doors had to be adjusted in a second trip. I think that the job was a bit too big with the door installations.

Description of Work
Installed 2 exterior doors and replaced a wood panel on the front of the house.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking, doors

06/25/2015

Linda Q.

Was not satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced several privacy fence posts and crossbars.

Category fencing, handyman service

02/23/2015

MARGARET M.

Both Mike, the owner, and Greg, the repairman were prompt in returning my calls and completing the service when weather permitted. It cost just a little more than I thought, but, overall, I was very pleased with the price.

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty ventilation hood on my roof. Will be coming back to fix another one as soon as the snow melts.

02/19/2015

Kathy E.

Anytime I need electrical work done I call Andy On Call. He's priced good. They are very responsive.

Description of Work
I use Andy On Call. They guys name is Lyle that does electrical work. He did light switches, and outdoor light.

Category electrician

01/07/2015

J. J.

Did not go so well, would not recommend at this point. The guy was nice and professional. Some of the problem was miscommunications by the phone person who scheduled I think, and not the fault of the actual workman.

Description of Work
Provider didn't show up when expected, then when he came it was just to estimate. Then rescheduled, and when work was done it looked unacceptable. So he didn't charge the whole amount. Was nice but not really skilled. Would not use again, sorry.

09/09/2014

Pennie W.

Estimate was done very throughly, explaining what would need to be done to fix the problem. Work began 2 days later and was completed in 1 day. My doors work better now than when I moved in and all lighting is perfect. I was most impressed with the way Jacob moved to each project cleaning up along the way. This was the best service from a handyman I've experienced in ever!

Description of Work
Fixed 3 exterior doors that were no longer locking. Fixed 1 interior door that was sticking, very hard to open & close. Installed 3 ceiling fans & 1 entry hall light.

Category contractors, doors

09/05/2014

Sue M.

I had recently had a bookcase built and installed. It was not the style I had requested and had been improperly installed. The specifications were incorrect and the moldings I had requested were not included. I found Andy OnCall on Angies's list. I noticed that some of the reviews mentioned the great work that a carpenter named Gary had done for them. I called Andy OnCall and requested that Gary come by and see if he could correct the work that had been done on the bookcases. He came by promptly, said there would be no problem. After he had done the work I was amazed at how skillful he was and what a positive transformation he had made on these bookcases. They are now exactly what I wanted. I couldn't be more pleased!

Description of Work
Repaired a bookcase and applied molding.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

08/19/2014

Kathy Y.

Two individuals called to give estimates - prompt and very reasonable. The only delay was us in getting the work scheduled

Description of Work
Drywall repair , popcorn texture removal, recessed lighting

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting

07/19/2014

Linda E.

Outstanding service from call for estimate to work completion. The carpenter, Gary Wilhite, was very prompt and professional. I was very pleased with his work and will request him for any future work that needs to be done.

Description of Work
Replaced outside facing on patio door and built and installed two pull out shelves in a kitchen cabinet.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking, doors

06/04/2014

Kim H.

Contracted to install and replace about 30 feet of metal house trim.

Description of Work
Metal house trim

Category handyman service, siding

We did send our man back out to redo the areas of concern requested by [member name removed]. Unfortunately, as it turns out, this man did not have the experience or skill level that he said he did in working with metal siding. When I received the email and pictures from [member name removed] taken after our man's second attempt to complete the repairs, it was obvious to me that he did not do an acceptable job. I responded to [member name removed] email and I sent him a reimbursement check for what he had paid us the next day.

05/28/2014

Marcia H.

I consulted with another contractor who would do the work requested for the same price and sooner and seemed much more capable so I cancelled him.

Description of Work
The company sent a contractor to estimate/evauate the service requested which was to replace the exterior door frame from our garage to the back yard. The man showed up as scheduled but did not seem particularly competent (or very enthusiastic) about the job and what needed to be done. (The door frame had cracked severely from repeated slamming closed from the wind and had even separated from the wall so that the door was almost falling off.) I explained that I wanted the entire door frame and molding replaced as well as painted but the contractor seemed to want to do less than that requested and also thought it might be a week or more before he could get back to perform the work.

05/27/2014

Erik D.

I was happy with their service, good quality, good job. They were timely, they gave me estimate and that's what it cost, they just did what they said they would do, the quality of work was good. I thought the price was fair.

Description of Work
I did use Andy On Call for sheet rack repair, they replaced a water damaged sheet rack.

Category drywall

05/15/2014

Diana H.

I called to make an appointment on Wed (5/14) and they were here to do the work on Thurs (5/15). They were on time, very pleasant to deal with, quoted a great price and did an excellent job. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired Drywall on two walls from having plumbing problem fixed

Category drywall, plumbing, interior painters

03/17/2014

Robert W.

Great work! This was the third handyman we had called in to get these done. Went without a hitch. I highly recommend Andy on Call

Description of Work
Created an access panel in a bathroom ceiling, replaced door trim and fixed leaking foot plate.

Category handyman service, woodworking

03/14/2014

Theona H.

He was great. Everything was fine. We just have not had the thing yet. They came out. They were prompt and he was nice. The price was fair. He was here on time. We would call him back out for another quote.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Andy On Call for siding repairs.

Category siding

03/04/2014

Justin W.

They were very prompt to come give us an estimate and were able to come to do the job within a few days. A+ for responsiveness. However, we had manufacturer instructions for installation, and when they arrived to do the job, we asked if they would like to see the instructions, and they said NO. That was not the way to start the job. Once they got going, I guess they found the job to be more complex than they had originally estimated. It took two hours to install one window, and we were paying them to do seven. They were not careful with our windows, which cost us $5000 to purchase. Over an hour later, one more window was installed. We were not happy with the work they were doing so we asked them to just cut the frames for us and then leave. We payed them the whole estimate price since they had worked for several hours, but my husband had to finish installing the windows himself. He installed the next five windows in under 3 hours by himself, which looked 100 times better than the windows they had installed. I think where they really dropped the ball was when they refused to look at the instructions (and they were very simple instructions...would have taken a minute to read) and then were not careful with the expensive products that we were having installed. We would not use them again. I still need to touch up the paint that they chipped installing the two windows that they were able to complete.

Description of Work
We hired them to install sound proof windows in our living room and kitchen nook. They are essentially interior storm windows that you mount in front of your existing windows.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

03/04/2014

Pam B.

They always get someone out fast. They are extremely reasonable on price. Everything we have had done by them has been great. We have been using them for 7 years.

Description of Work
We had some repair work done on our chimney

Category remodeling, chimney repair

03/03/2014

Pennie W.

From the very start this company was very professional and courteous. They were scheduled to come on a Saturday, turned out that was just for an estimate. I accepted the estimate and they came that week. Did a good job and they followed up with a phone call and a letter. They were late for both appointments, but called to let me know which is more than most do.

Description of Work
Electrical, smoke detectors, assembly of furniture