Hyde Auto Service

With Angi since April 2007

1200 N May Ave

Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Welcome to Hyde Auto Service. We are a full service, AAA approved, automotive repair and maintenance shop serving the Oklahoma City area with many years of consistent and friendly service. Our Professionalism sets us apart from the rest. Visit us for all of your maintenance and repair needs. Were an AC Delco Repair Center and ASE Certified Shop, providing you with the highest quality service. We are a friendly, clean and efficient shop. We understand that sometimes car repair can be stressful and we do everything possible to make our customers feel welcome, comfortable and satisfied with their service experience ...

08/10/2017

Jeremy B.

They're great, thorough and affordable.They are well qualified. They actually down sold me. They did offer to drive me to and from. The waiting area is nice, suitable.

Description of Work
They replaced the distributor.

Category car sales

07/24/2014

Julie J.

My dad always changes the oil on my car. It's an old car, and I don't trust chain places to do it. When we moved to OKC I was a little panicked as to how I was going to find someone I trusted to take care of my car. We got a recommendation from a trusted mechanic in another city about Hyde Auto. I looked at the reviews on Angie's List as well, and decided to make an appointment. Took a couple of days to get in, which is to be expected. The oil change took about 30-45 minutes and cost around $45. Mark was very nice and easy to work with, and I highly recommend this shop. The clutch just went out on my car (it may be time for a new car, sadly) and I had it towed to Hyde this morning to get an estimate. I have no doubt he will quote me a fair price on it.

Description of Work
I had the oil changed on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am.

06/09/2014

David W.

Description of Work
They performed an inspection but did not have the tools to do my repair. They were quick about service and did not charge me for looking.

11/10/2011

Jenna S.

We've been taking our car to Hyde Auto for years now. They are great - kinda like taking the car to my Dad to have it fixed. Mr Hyde (Mike) always calls me up to tell me what he's found, what his recommendations are, and then he lets me decide what I want done. For example, this last time I had my car in for an oil change and told him it was really dirty so the engine probably needed a flush. He called me up to confirm that a flush would be best and then said he'd noticed my coolant was turning brown. Now, three years ago, he had to replace a cracked gasket and had refilled the system with 2 year coolant. We were going on year three - what would I like him to do about it. He gave me the price and let me decide - no stress, no pressure, no worries. The car was ready by the end of the day. And with all the work he put in on my car - the parts cost more than the overall labor. To me, that means they take fixing car seriously. I don't feel gouged, I don't feel like he looks down on me because I'm a woman, and I really feel like he treats my husband and I like family. I highly recommend Hyde Auto.

Description of Work
Oil Change, full oil flush, coolant flush and refill, brakes fixed and rear tail light fixed - maintenance stuff I had been putting off.

10/20/2011

Dick L.

I liked their services and the cost was rather inexpensive. I had checked them on different sites and I can confirm that I feel that they try to fix the car and not have me pay a lot of money. Their price is very reasonable. One time I had a broken bolt and they tried to save me money by not replacing it, but it was still broken. It wasn't that they did a bad job; they were just trying to save me money. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Hyde Auto Service for a brief problem. I thought I had something going bad, but they found out that it was a pulley that had gotten loose.

05/18/2010

Sara B.

I've used them several times. I very much appreciated the work they did. It is a family business and they have been in business for over 50 years. They got the work done and they did it well. They gave me a good price and I didn't have to worry about them. While they were doing the work, they didn't find 15 other things that needed to be done urgently. I was very comfortable with the price.

Description of Work
I used Hyde Auto Service.

03/30/2009

ELAINE D.

Have used this company for over 20 years and would not take my car, or family cars, anywhere else. Honest as the day is long, dependable and will never do work that is not necessary. They always work to keep costs low, while keeping your vehicle in top condition. They serviced my GMC Jimmy that we finally sold at around 200,000 miles and my most recent Honda Accord was traded in at 276,000 only because I wanted a newer model. I recommend them to absolutely everyone!

Description of Work
Over 20 years and service on multiple family cars. All oil changes, minor maintenance, 100,000 mile plus services. They are the only company we ever use.

04/30/2007

ARTHUR M.

This company is a third generation business and have been used by my family since the 1940's. They found the problem quickly and fixed it promptly, we had the car back the same day. They are well respected in our community and keep excellent records of what has been done to every car they do work on. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced the sensor in my 1994 Pontiac Bonneville.

Auto Service