Extreme Pool Care

Founded 1995 • With Angi since January 2010

Home Office

Oklahoma City, OK 73173

We are your premiere pool service company that provides: openings, closings, re-plastering, re-tiling, new coping, liner replacement, repair & replace pool equipment, cover installs, weekly maintenance, sand changes, deliver chemicals, heater sales and install, acid washes, cover installs. We also do pool and equipment inspections. We don’t do above ground pools......

10/11/2021

MELISSA B.

FYI - she responded to my review below only to lie again. I have text messages to prove every single lie that spews from this woman. Secondly - she wants to claim that we didn't use the insurance money correctly, we hired a second pool company to come in and finish her mess. Secondly, when we talk about insurance, our insurance provider requested 3 separate quotes for our pool. she found pool companies for us to perform those quotes. In speaking with her "heater" guy that installed our heater, HE was one of those quotes. he owns his own pool company and stood to profit from it either way. That's insurance fraud. We turned it over to the insurance company yesterday. Third - she's claiming that a 2 week vacation (scheduled a month after the remodel should have been done) delayed her by 4 months. Read that again. She's a liar. The only thing we "added" to her quote was a rail. And it was the only thing done correctly. We have a heater that worked for 48 hours, pool grout that is crumbling again and a light that couldn't be repaired because she didn't do her research. We hired someone else to come in and fix the pool ight and provide a heater. I also have text messages proving that she negotiated down on price because she screwed so much of this up. I have camera footage and dates on when she and her crews would show up unannounced or not at all. I'm sure she's not willing to release the written conversations, but we absolutely will. She even offered free "color" for our pool plaster because she failed on so many other levels. So while she's trying to see my review is a lie, she continued to make apologies and admit to her short comings IN WRITING. She is a fraud.

Description of Work
pool remodel

Category ceramic tile, plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I regret that you have such animosity towards me and my company. Ask I stated previously, my other reviews tell a different story. I will end my responses here.

06/28/2021

melissa B.

I'm leaving reviews everywhere to try and prevent other people from dealing with this. we hired Susan 4 months ago to remodel our in ground pool. She was very helpful in the insurance process and responsive when we were in the hiring process. Since starting the job it has been completely different. She is unresponsive and unreliable. This was supposed to be a 2 week process and 4 months later we are still not complete. She never returns calls and her people NEVER show up when they are scheduled. It's not that they show up late, they literally don't show for days at a time and she doesn't respond to messages when it happens. We've heard everything from delays on materials (which i could understand) to she didn't have reception on her phone (numerous times), vehicles that have broken down, flat tires, forgot, got caught up on another job, didn't realize someone had called her, etc. Her excuse for the multiple no-shows is that she hires subs that she can't control. That's a poor excuse for a business owner. The tile has only been in for a little over a month and already the grout is coming apart, we finally gave up on the pool light and re-installed the old non-working light because she didn't do her research beforehand and her electrician was a moron. We've had more issues than we can count and this has been the most stressful remodel we've ever dealt with. We've literally remodeled almost an entire 3600 square foot house in the last month. We've dealt with contractors, flooring companies, electricians and appliance people and Extreme Pools was the worst company we've ever seen. Her lack of communication and professionalism should be embarrassing. I would fill the pool in with sand before I ever used her for another repair.

Description of Work
Pool Remodel

Category ceramic tile, plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

My delay in response is due to my desire to be kind in the face of lies. I could rebuff all the false statements in the review but I will not waste your or my time. I will, however, hit the highlights. Contractually the project was completed on time(tile, plaster, & new heater). The issue arose out of their adding on after the projected started. After receiving the insurance monies, that I helped procure, they changed how it would be used. They decided to purchase used equipment and upgrade the tile. The original tile was in stock. The upgrade was not. The add-on items were delayed due to their vacation. We were not allowed on the property while they were gone 2 weeks. (Side note: the customer would not pay for the contractually completed part until the add-ones were done. Nice way to pay for a 2 week vacation) The comment about I never return calls. You will never find that concern in any other review in my 25 years in business. Why? Because it is simply not true. The overriding issue (according to her husband), is that the reviewer would not use the pool without the heater. The insurance company paid for a new heater but the monies were used elsewhere. The used heater required parts that were difficult to get. Had the homeowner proceeded with the original plan and used the insurance money for its intended use, the pool would have been done and heated. It is unfortunate that individuals have no issues with making false claims. It is my hope that you the reader take my complete body of work as an indication of my company’s work ethic.

02/18/2021

Shelley A.

Susan and her contractors finished our pool remodel at the end of August, 2020. We moved into a house in 2017 with an inground, gunite pool. Unfortunately, we were unaware of the problems with the surrounding tile, expansion joint, plaster, etc. We had not choice but to get a remodel. After calling a number of pool builders/remodelers and getting some estimates that were insanely out of our budget, we found Susan. From the beginning Susan was patient, kind, fair, and her quoted cost for the remodel was well below what other pool remodelers quoted us. The remodel from beginning to end went smoothly, and we are more than pleased with the results. Her contractors were professional, some of the nicest people we've ever met, and their work was superb. We had a few hiccups with some unexpected costs, but even with those unexpected costs, Susan managed to keep us within her original quote and within our budget. It's been months after the remodel, and Susan still checks up on our pool, patiently answers any questions when I call her (and I call a lot...LOL). She's even shown up at a moment's notice when we've had some glitches unrelated to the pool remodel. She's not only is a professional and dedicated to giving customers an excellent final product but is also a genuinely nice person. We are beyond pleased with the finished product and have recommended her more than once to our friends. Thanks, Susan!

Description of Work
pool remodel

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

08/25/2020

Randall R.

Hired company to paint deck and repair cracks, paint coping, replace liner. Was given color swatch to choose color. Color actually applied to deck was very different. They defended their work, stating we choose the color they applied. Coping poorly done and needed to be redone. Arrived without notice once, climbed fence. We had requested they let us know when they were intending to come so we could unlock gate and secure dogs. Tried to access shop without permission to search for pool parts. Brought own dog to hang out in backyard without asking first. Told us liner was made and ready to ship on 7/6/2020, however statement on box liner box said it was not even ordered until 7/7/2020. Because we had to redo all the work they had done thus far, we elected finish the rest ourselves. They kept all our initial payment and refused to justify with itemized receipt (cost per item) as requested several times. Charged for items not done and charged to "deliver liner". Very unprofessional, poor quality of work. Filed complaints with BBB and OAG. Included example of pool deck color issue, one picture of their paint job and one picture of our redo to match the color we selected.

Description of Work
pool remodel

Category pool cleaners

Fortunately I have all the emails, texts and contract showing this family falsified their statements. The Attorney General dropped the case!

07/11/2020

Gary B.

Susan and her crew persisted in getting the pool to be clean and chemically balanced and it took a lot to accomplish it! She upgraded everything in the filtration system adding state of the art controls that allow us to monitor our pool temperature remotely. She coached us patiently on the maintenance of our pool [our first] and continues to see to it everything is working properly and chemically balanced. We could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
We needed the algae filled pool completely cleaned due to neglect by previous owners. We also needed all the pool filtering system replaced and a heat tank added.

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners

Thank you so much! Appreciate you guys! We are always here for you!!

05/01/2020

Chandra W.

Never came out just look up my back yard on internet and quoted me Astronomical amount

Description of Work
Install of new pool

Category ceramic tile, swimming pools

Unfortunately that’[Member Information Removed] not a true statement....she canceled our appointment 2-3 hours before we were scheduled to look at her back yard. I have the text thread.....She told me she bought an above ground pool.

11/22/2019

Scott P.

Susan and her crew are amazing! My pool was in bad shape. She came and in 24 hours it had been transformed. She kept it sparkling and beautiful all season long and closed it down for us. She made our summer wonderful! You will be very happy you called her.

Description of Work
Pool recovery and maintenance

Category pool cleaners

Thank you ! Enjoyed serving you this summer! (And playing with biscuit)...... thank you again and hope the new cover is doing it’[Member Information Removed] job! )))))))). See you next spring!

11/21/2019

Denice B.

It didn't. Turns out they do not do hot tub repair. They gave us the name of the man who has worked on our hot tubs for years who is now retired. He gave us someone else's name, but they won't call us back. So our hot tub is still leaking.

Description of Work
Hot tub repair

Category pool cleaners

Angie’s List had my company under Hot Tub Repair however, I do not provide that service. I attempted to help Ms. [Member Name Removed] with providing her with a service man. He has retired but he gave her another number. So, I get an F because a person, twice removed, fails to call her back? I’m sure those reading this review will see it for the RIDICULOUSNESS that it is.

11/21/2019

Angela R.

Susan is awesome and her and her team did a great job on our pool. It looks so much better and was worth the time and money she put into it. She is very knowledgeable and does high quality work. It’s hard to find someone who can do all things related to pools!

Description of Work
Put in new filter and pump. Bought new pool robot cleaner. Redid all tile and plaster work. Updated most everything related to the pool.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you for letting us make your pool like new! Enjoyed working with you and will see you in the spring!

08/22/2019

J M.

I hired Extreme Pool Care, LLC ( [*** Link removed ***] ) to retile our pool, power wash the pool and replace the pump. The owner came out, looked at the pool, quoted a price and said no problem they could do it. They power washed the pool, no issues. They did a good job cleaning the pool. They also put in a used pump at a reduced cost, great, I appreciated it. But the owner contracted out the tile job. (I did not know she was going to do this). Job was finished. Paid final payment on June 25, 2019. It all looked great. I was a content customer. Two weeks later cracks started showing up on the grout, and then slowly the cracks kept growing and now go all around the pool. The whole perimeter of the pool has cracks in the grout. The owner keeps pushing me off to the tile contractor who came out and now all of sudden says the "problem" is my pool decking. As pool and tile "professionals", i trusted them with the job and expect to be told if there are problems with my pool that would prevent a good tile job. Well, the tile contractor will not contact me. I got super frustrated and asked the owner to do something and asked why do I have to keep chasing the tile contractor? This is your contractor. It got to the point that I asked for my money back and was told not to contact the owner again. I only asked for a refund because no one has done anything about the grout. Now the grout is literally melting off. I put a pool sock in the filter basket and it picks up the grout that keeps coming off and floating in the water. Pictures below. Lousy workmanship and I am out thousands. I am now about to get estimates from other companies to fix this mess.

Description of Work
Re-tiling of Pool

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners

I waited to respond to this to see if the homeowner would return to this sight and update. Apparently that won’t be the case, so I will update. We went and repaired the grout in the isolated area. I gave the homeowner a contact number to have her deck checked out and let her know I would return and do any grout repairs necessary. To date, she has not made contact with the deck company. (Albeit she could have called another company) In regards to being told not to contact me again, that is incorrect. It was late in the evening and her text were getting unproductive. I advised I was done texting for the evening. I have been to her house since that evening and attempted to resolve her concern. I have learned a best practice through this process. If you are unable to assess the total pool area due to debris on the decking (I.e a tree laying across the decking); do not take the homeowners word for what needs to be done. I still stand prepared to return and do any touching up necessary.

07/08/2019

Jennifer E.

Fabulous! I have been through several pool companies and none did what they said they would do, and they left a mess with a huge bill. Years later I finally found Extreme and now everything is great. They are professional and do exactly what they say, with no surprises. Love the service and a great price.

Description of Work
Open pool, drain and clean, fix multiple plumbing issues

Category pool cleaners

Thank you for trusting our company to make your pool look beautiful again and your equipment working like it should. Enjoyed visiting with you!!! Hope you sell your house!!!!

03/27/2019

Coren S.

Great communication, work done as advertised and promised.

Description of Work
We had our pool opened.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Wish you the best at your new home!!!

07/24/2018

Randy M.

Susan did a great job. She showed up with very short notice. She got the pool opened, cleaned and ready for summer. When we discovered that the pool was leaking she worked to find the leak and got it repaired. She was always friendly, always helpful, and always reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Pool opened at ready for summer. Fix leak in pool

Category pool cleaners

Thank you so much for the opportunity to get your summer going! Look forward to next summer!

05/28/2018

Cynthia W.

Everything went well and as planned. Work was done quickly. Pool looks great!

Description of Work
Re-plaster pool.

Category plastering

Thank you, you're Pool is beautiful!

05/19/2018

timothy P.

Susan did an amazing job. It was sparkling clean and she used her own equipment to vacuum pool. She's professional, reliable and always does a great job! Trust her completely. Have recommended her to many friends and family.

Description of Work
Pool was left open through the winter, without cover, and was a mess.

Category pool cleaners

It was our pleasure! We look forward to our next visit.

05/16/2018

Tanya W.

Highly recommend this company. A+ work and super upfront and honest.

Description of Work
Installation of new pool cover and opening and closing of pool.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you .... glad we could help!!

07/28/2017

Sandi M.

Excellent overall, work performed on time, for price quoted workmanship beyond expectations.

Description of Work
Resurfaced pool, installed new tile work. Repaired propane pool heater, routine maintenance, opening and closing.

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners

Hope you enjoy using your pool as much as we do remodeling!

05/17/2017

Cathleen J.

Susan is excellent. she performs timely and as agreed. She makes my life easy.

Description of Work
I use Susan for weekly pool services and maintenance. She is excellent. Always on time never misses a week of pool maintenance and performs repairs as necessary. She is excellent.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you. We always enjoy our weekly visit to your pool!

05/08/2017

Mary Jo T.

IN THE 30 YEARS THAT I HAVE OWNED HOMES WITH POOLS, EXTREME POOLS IS THE FIRST SERVICE THAT HAS BEEN RELIABLE AND REASONABLY PRICED. EXCELLENT SERVICE!

Description of Work
POOL OPENING

Category pool cleaners

Thank you for your trust in our company. We love what we do!

04/17/2017

James P.

Thought this would be a mess, but the group did a fabulous job! No mess or after mess. Again, would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Pool plaster

Category plastering, pool cleaners

We love seeing you every week. Thank you for continuous business.

04/13/2017

Bobby S.

Always on time, always reasonable, always helpful

Description of Work
Extreme pool care has been an amazing help to me as I have enjoyed my pool. They help with it all! From cleaning, to light install, to full heater replacement! They do great.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you! Love your spool!

04/13/2017

Jim L.

This is a HOA conversion, lots of different critics. All homeowners have been very impressed! The work was done on time and within budget! Excellent job!

Description of Work
Installation of salt system.

Category swimming pools

Our pleasure! Look forward to our next project!

04/12/2017

Charlotte N.

Excellent job. The filters were removed, inspected, cleaned and replaced. I can always depend on Susan and her crew to do a quality job and care for my pool whether I am on the premises or not.

Description of Work
DE filter cleaning and maintenance

03/30/2017

Elizabeth W.

They are awesome - they take care of me! I totally trust them!! They work hard. Love them. They fix any problems I have promptly.

Description of Work
She (Susan) does my openings, closings and weekly maintenance.

03/29/2017

James H.

Pool was in bad shape- looked brand new when completed. She does my weekly service!

Description of Work
Re-tile and plaster