Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc.

Founded 1961 • With Angi since July 2006

3737 NW 36th Street

Oklahoma City, OK 73112

Drabek & Hill, Inc. is a family owned and operated Air Conditioning, Heating, & Plumbing Contractor in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Established in 1961, Drabek & Hill has been serving Oklahomans for over 55 years! Technicians are available 24 hours a day - 7 days a week - 365 days a year....

05/04/2022

Lynn H.

I called to set up an appointment for an estimate. I explained to the rep I spoke with that my ductwork is on the ground and is no longer connected to several of my vents. I need it replaced before the 110 degree days happen. We set up an appointment for an estimate for several days later. Throughout the days in between, I received several automated text messages "reminding" me that they would be there for an estimate. Four hours before they were scheduled to arrive, I get a call from a guy that tells me that "it's gonna be muddy". I explain that they can get under my house in numerous places and can see what is going on. That my ductwork is on the ground and not connected to my vents. He tells me that he needs to speak with Mr. Drabek. He calls me back and informs me that they are too busy to deal with this right now and this is something that they would schedule for fall or winter when they aren't so busy. Well, isn't that sweet! So I took off work to be here for an estimate that isn't going to happen because it is "muddy" and they do not have time to take care of it. I guess I'm supposed to just sweat all summer until they have time. Do yourself a favor and do NOT expect this company to tell you these things when they set up appointments and don't expect them to show up when they say they will. Especially if they might get "muddy" or if it is during their "busy" season. Won't EVER call them to do a thing again!!! And this is not coming just from the reps, this came from the top.

Description of Work
Ductwork replaced

10/15/2021

Cherry J.

They were very good and professional. I trust them so much and definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They service my air conditioning and heating at home.

09/26/2020

Krystyl J.

THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! EVER!! I called them out to fix our air conditioning that was no longer blowing cold air. Jeffrey(the technician) came out to diagnose the problem. His prognosis was that our whole outside unit was shot ,compressor was bad , and parts on it would not be able to be replaced because the unit is de-commissioned and parts are no longer available for this unit. I was desperate to get it fixed due to having my elderly mother in a hot house and not wanting my spouse (who was recently admitted into the hospital) stressing over trying to figure out getting it fixed that I went ahead and scheduled a same day appointment for the "sales" guy to come out and give me a quote on replacing the unit. The sales guy showed up a couple hours later and quoted me $6800 ( that was including a discount of $350). While waiting for my husband to call me back and give me the go ahead, I spoke to a friend who recommended to get a second opinion and offered to send out his AC guy. His AC guy showed up in 15 min, and had our air working in 20min. He magically had parts for our unit ON HAND( ya know the unit Jeffrey told us we wouldn't be able to get parts for) and then they charged the Freon. BOOM FIXED, and it wasn't even the compressor.. it was the starter capacitor that starts the compressor. Ohhh and btw... that $6800 new unit we were told we needed to replace was a $350 fix and took 20 MIN!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! After all was said and done, my husband called Jeffrey back to find out why he was going to charge us $6800 for something that ended up costing us $350, and all he could say was.. "sorry I misdiagnosed it" DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are either ripping people off or not hiring trained HONEST techs!!! Such a joke!!! They ALMOST HAD ME.. for $6800 that I don't even have!!!!

Description of Work
AC not working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for calling this problem to our attention. It is not our policy in any way to scam or rip off our customers. We have been in business since 1961 and the Oklahoma community is dear to us. Our families were born and raised here and work diligently to treat people fairly and properly. We owe everything to Oklahomans like yourself. No matter how diligently we work, unfortunately sometimes we make mistakes. We are human. We can’t do anything in this scenario except apologize and we will be happy to refund any money spent on the service call. I’ll get with you Monday about this. As far as the parts being difficult to find, that conversation was about R22 refrigerant which is being phased out and is becoming difficult to find. I can’t guarantee that we will never make mistakes, but I can guarantee that we make any mistake right. I’m happy this problem is solved for you and I regret that we were not the ones to be able to do it correctly.

07/27/2020

Janice M.

Very communicative, professional and tell me what going on.

Description of Work
Repair HVAC

09/25/2019

Fernando E.

My family was very blessed to receive the services of Drabek and Hill. From start to finish, everyone involved displayed great professionalism and sensitivity to our individual needs. Our receptionist was Amy, who wasted no time in asking us the right questions and ensuring that the process began smoothly. Team member Eric W. came to our house and discussed with us what would be necessary to fix our AC, and he also gave us some general information on Drabek and Hill’s services. From there, team member Roger Osborne discussed specific options with us and sold us the AC system we wanted, all the while respecting our needs. Team members Steve and Marcus did a remarkable and expedient job installing the system that we continue to be impressed with. Every time that the team needed to come to our house, they displayed great punctuality in arriving on time. Drabek and Hill’s team respected our time, especially in the context of my mother’s recent surgery and need of a cool, dry place to rest. Overall, we are thoroughly satisfied with the excellent services we received and hope that all parties involved receive their due recognition. We would happily recommend their service to friends and neighbors! You guys were outstanding!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning

07/21/2018

Sherri E.

Drebek & Hill is terrific. I've had my new ductwork and air unit for about two years now. From the install - every serviceman has been super professional and going above and beyond (answering questions and providing me with information and education as needed). I found them to be very thorough- from the quality of communication with phone calls, to the service maintenance coverage, the entire company seems invested in providing personal, reliable care for my air system at reasonable costs. When I had a problem with the system, it turned out to be a warranted issue which they resolved promptly at no additional cost. I feel very comfortable knowing that my heat and air needs are maintained by Drebek&Hill.

Description of Work
New Air Unit and Air Ducts

06/24/2017

Robert K.

It went GREAT!!! I had Tauni come out and looked around my house to see what I needed . Came back a couple of days later at my convenience and had 3 proposals which I chose one of those. She was very professional and had a great sense of humor. Very knowledgeable about their products. A pleasure to work with. Joel came out the next week. He and his helper came out and were on time. They had all the parts and began working right away. The job took all day because I had to have some extra work done in the attic. They got finished and cleaned everything up. Super job. Troy explained everything they did. He was professional and very knowledgeable. Both me and my wife's parents have used Drabek & Hill for years and have always been pleased with their service. I am also very pleased with their service and quality of equipment. I will now be using them for all me future heat & air needs.

Description of Work
I originally had them out to repair my A/C which went out on a Sat. Came on Mon. and got it running by switching a wire on my board. I didn't want to pay $600 to replace that because I also had some other issues with my unit in the backyard which I had done years before by someone who did that "on the side". BIG mistake . All that was going to be about $1500-$1600. Both my A/C and heating units were 22 yrs. old so I opted to by a new system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and thank you for trusting us with your home. Call us anytime! Sincerely, Megan Drabek

07/25/2016

Victoria B.

After 2 pounds of freon, a maintenance check up and cleaning, the unit is now whisper quiet and smooth sounding. I will definitely use them again and recommend them to friends, as the price below includes a service agreement.

Description of Work
I called this company and the phone was answered promptly and in a wonderfully, friendly manner. I was told they were setting the schedule for the day and would call me shortly with my appointment. In 5 minutes I was called and told a Tech would arrive in 10 minutes. Troy is a gem, experienced, professional and kind. The unit was squealing, and clanging after having been serviced 2 months ago by another company. Troy spotted a build up of cottonwood fluff and the fact that the wrong amount of freon was present due to incorrect math.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to make this review. Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Call us anytime. Megan Drabek

05/09/2016

Daniel L.

Crew showed up promptly, on time, and accomplished the whole job in one day. They installed and tested both new systems and showed me how to work them. They were very professional in their attitude and demeanor, and they left the work areas clean and neat at the end of the job. There were no problems, surprises or disappointments.

Description of Work
Installed two new Heat & Air conditioning systems in my house, removed and hauled off the old systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your business and trust mean a great deal to us. If we can do anything to help you in the future, don't hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, Megan Drabek Drabek & Hill, Inc.

09/09/2015

Laurie G.

After another company fixed the problem, I called and they reimbursed me. The manager was very apologetic about our experience.

Description of Work
The technician was unable to fix a fairly simple problem but still charged us $146.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Rapid Water Heaters

Rapid Water Heaters are the experts when it comes to anything water heaters, from tank to tankless type. We offer special up front pricing and online booking. We also offer payment plans with zero money down and 0% interest for 18 months. We are one of few companies here in the metro that is a Navien Service Specialist. We do more tankless retro installs than any other plumber company in Oklahoma. We also have become experts in the Halo water treatment systems and offer free water testing.

Offers by Rapid Water Heaters on Angi
    COMFORT XPRESS

Comfort Xpress is here to make sure you get the most out of the heating and cooling systems in your home or office. In the event your equipment needs servicing, you can have peace of mind in knowing we're centrally located in Ohio, and only a phone call away. We offer emergency 24-hour service. Need a new system? We can install or design any type of heating or cooling system for your home or commercial building. We install only high-efficiency comfort systems designed for cost-effectiveness. Call us out for a free estimate. We offer Comfort Club Memberships for regular system "tune-ups" and preventative maintenance. Preventative maintenance will help to extend the life of your heating and cooling system and offers peace of mind during Ohio's unpredictable seasons.

TradePros Heat & Air

We offer quality and affordable heating and air conditioning services.

OK ST 237
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma Construction Industries Board
    06/30/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc.

How is Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. overall rated?

Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. open?

Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. is open:

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. provide

Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc.?

No, Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offer?

Drabek & Hill Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. offers the following services: Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems,Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems,Heat Pumps