Black Thunder Roofing LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2013

In Business Since 2012 Superior Quality Residential Roofing Services Roofing Company & Roof Repair Contractor ~ Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond, Moore, Yukon, Mustang, Bethany, Newcastle, Blanchard, Noble, Purcell, & Goldsby. Our primary goal is to ensure our customers receive the most from their insurance policy and get the best in workmanship and customer care. We do this by working directly with your insurance company, using experienced craftsmen, and supporting our customers throughout the process and beyond. We're committed to getting the job done right the first time, with quality and an attention to detail that is sure to impress. Our company is focused on prompt service from claim to closure, with your satisfaction being our top priority. Free Inspections, Competitive Pricing, High Quality Materials, Skilled Craftsmen, Attention To Detail, All Work Guaranteed, Licensed & Insured, Locally Owned & Operated, No Commissions, No Pressure Sales, One-Stop Shop For Claims, 10-Year No-Leak Warranty, and Many Years of Experience. ...

+3 more images

roofing (38)gutter repair (10)house painting (4)siding companies (4)Patios (2)interior painting (1)fence company (1)drywall (1)

07/21/2022

Thuy T.

I would avoid this company. If you claim insurance for the first time they will tricked you and take all your money and plus thoudsand out of pocket. It happened to me so here my warning to all. Word of advice make sure to get other quote and i regret for not doing that and this company took advantage of me. Also one of my kitchen hood vent pipe was not reinstalled and now I have to go to hot attic to fix the missing pipe they didn't put back. I would rate -5 star if I could. All these reviews on here is fake based on my experience.

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

Mr. [Member Name Removed] is a repeat customer. This is the 2nd roof I have replaced for him. The first job was not insurance. This job was an insurance claim. I met his insurance adjuster and helped him every step of the way with his claim. Mr. [Member Name Removed] had a very large deductible, $5260, and metal marring exclusion on his policy (which means insurance will not pay to replace any metals such as vents, gutters, drip edge, flashing etc). The adjuster and myself explained everything to Mr. [Member Name Removed]. I agreed to cover more than half of the deductible $3260 which would leave Mr. [Member Name Removed] to only pay $2000 out of pocket. I replaced all metals and even added 4 vents at no charge. I upgraded his shingle to a much better quality shingle. I explained all of this to him. He understood. Everything was written into the contract stating these details. We went over everything and he understood he would only pay $2000 of the $5260 deductible. After the job was complete, he did not want to pay his portion. He threatened me with "I'm going to write you a bad review". We did a great job on his roof! We were more than fair with our pricing! He is a business owner and understood exactly our conversations and a written contract.

12/20/2021

Aaron S.

Lynn and her team always impress me. They have high attention to detail and make sure to leave a clean worksite. She is your ally when the insurance companies try to short your estimate. Black Thunder has replaced roofs for me, my sister, my parents and my grandparents. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

It has been a pleasure working with you! Thank you very much for taking the time to write review. We appreciate you very much! Lynn

09/28/2021

Karen M.

Our first experience working with Lynne and Black Thunder Roofing was a few years ago when we needed a skylight replaced. Since they did such a professional job then we contacted Lynne after the April hail storm to inspect for damages. We decided to hire Black Thunder Roofing again and were impressed with how efficiently her and her crew completed the required work. As equally important, we appreciated Lynne's assistance in working with our insurance company.

Description of Work
roof replacement, gutters and screens

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for choosing us to do your work. We appreciate your business very much!

09/24/2021

Marcia M.

My home, like many others in Norman, took quite a beating in April 2021 and I found myself needing a roofing company. My boss told me that he had seen the Black Thunder Roofing sign in many of his neighbors yards and he had been impressed with their completion speed and clean up. My advice to anyone needing roofing work done is to contact Black Thunder. They were prompt, efficient, patiently answered all questions and explained the process and professional. Hope Lynn is still there when I need me next roof (hopefully 10 years from now)!

Description of Work
Replacement Shingles & Gutter

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We appreciate your your business! Lynn

09/18/2021

Vickie D.

Fantastic people at Black Thunder Roofing. Lynne showed up with a mask on (important to me in this pandemic) and gave me an estimate and a tentative date it would start. I was impressed at how professional all the crew was and how quick they got the job done. Jessica came by multiple times to check on progress and kept me informed when things needed done. I have already talked with them about getting some work done at a later date.

Description of Work
new roof, gutters, siding repair from hail damage.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2021

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business very much!

Chris and Jean P.

Very well! Lynn was able to give an estimate and work with our insurance for full replacement of roof and gutters on home and roof of storage shed. She was also willing to take on all other items in the claim such as fence replacement, trim, windows, storm door, etc. Her expertise in dealing with insurance adjusters was particularly valuable as she was able to argue for increased costs of materials and code upgrades. At the end of the day we were only out our deductible of course, and much better off than before it ever happened! This was a single story home approximately 2400 Sq. Ft., and her people were in and out quickly. The work did stretch to 2nd day due to materials delivery delays, no fault of BTR!

Description of Work
New roof on home and other repairs after hail storm.

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I appreciate your business very much! You have been great to work with. Lynn

Chris and Jean P.

Lynn has her guys look and determine that the issue was under the decking with extensive deterioration. The solution was expensive but guaranteed to last, with the removal of the decking and installation of TPO in that area. We will need to rebuild the deck, but we have had no further issues with leaks!

Description of Work
We had a leak from a outdoor 2nd story balcony into our garage below that multiple other vendors had attempted to fix unsuccessfully.

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

Review for Black Thunder Roofing LLC - 305 NW 5th St, Oklahoma City, OK - 39448172

I appreciate you takin the time to whoa review! I appreciate you choosing Black Thunder Roofing to do your re-roof. Lynn

Chris and Jean P.

Fantastic! New vent was installed before I even knew it. :) Lynn's workers were in and out fast! Working great.

Description of Work
Replacement of passive attic vent with solar powered vent.

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Review for Black Thunder Roofing LLC - 305 NW 5th St, Oklahoma City, OK - 39448228

Thank you for calling us to do your solar vent install. Lynn

04/19/2021

John R.

They walked me through every step, helped deal with the insurance company, and made everything easy. Unlike some contractors, who are difficult to communicate with and slow to act, they were proactive and kept the process moving. The finished product was excellent. My only complaint is that the siders somehow messed up the back door frame, and now the door won't close properly. They promised to come fix it, but I'm still waiting two weeks later. They may yet come, we'll see.

Description of Work
Roof, siding

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed]! You house looks fantastic! We greatly appreciate you choosing us to do your work. Lynn

09/08/2020

Kyle S.

Very professional. Communicated well with my insurance and was able to get them to cover more than I expected. Work was done very well and very quickly. They were great with my tenants as well. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category drywall, roofing

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business very much! Lynn

06/27/2020

Arne S.

Our roof needed repair in multiple places, because tree branches around the house had hit and destroyed some shingles during a storm. Black Thunder Roofing did a perfect job for us. They were very quick, professional, and all for a great price! My phone call was answered immediately. They did an inspection of my roof right away. Two days later, my roof repair was already finished. In addition to providing excellent professional, and quick service, Black Thunder Roofing also documented the inspection results, the work progress, and the final results to me by texting me many different photographs of my roof, where I could see exactly what was damaged and how it was repaired. Overall, I am extremely happy with the service and experience. Thank you! I will definitely use Black Thunder Roofing again in the future.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your business very much! Lynn

05/10/2020

Casey C.

Lynn at Black Thunder was very professional. She worked with the insurance company to settle any extra costs. Lynn showed up to inspect the job over the weekend. The supplies showed up on Monday. The Crew showed up Tuesday and completed the job in one day. Did a great job and cleaned up afterwards. The roof looks excellent. Very pleasant experience overall. Thank you Black Thunder Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof needed to be replaced due to hail damage.

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for choosing BTR do to your re-roof.

04/14/2020

Abe L.

Excellent doesn't suffice Lynn is the most professional the ONLY roofer we called who spoke with the adjuster got us more money and did a superb job.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was great working with you! Lynn

11/15/2019

John G.

I original had another big name roofing company come out to put on my roof but after two months of delays and tons excuses I told them to cancel the job. I found Lynn wth Black Thunder Roofing on here with excellent reviews so I decided to give them a shot. Lynn was able to come out to my home the next day and give a bid. To my suprise it was less than the previous company. She was able to get it scheduled for the next week. Here crew came out and did a great job and cleaned up after the finished. I had a few special request and she did them with out issue. One other thing I thought was really nice is they blew all the leaves and junk out of my gutters. After it was all done she broght me a nice little thank you gift. It's the little things that they do that makes them different than everone else. Do yourself a favor and have Black Thunder Roofing put on your next roof.

Description of Work
Reroofing Hail Damaged Roof

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. It was great working with you! Thank you so much! Lynn

08/05/2019

Hayden R.

Black Thunder provided excellent customer service, and a superior product. Every detail on the roof is perfect, and the crew was very hardworking and polite.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutters

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure working with you. Lynn

07/16/2019

Brenda B.

The Black Thunder group does excellent work. The patio cover construction started on Monday and finished on Friday. That’s unheard of in the construction business. They are fast, efficient and professional!

Description of Work
Roofing replacement and construction of a new patio.

Category roofing, patios

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

Review for Black Thunder Roofing LLC - 305 NW 5th St, Oklahoma City, OK - 37985627

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave comments about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you.

07/09/2019

Dorian W.

Everything went great. Lynn and her staff are a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Re-Roof and gutter replacement

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave your comments. It was great working with you. You have a beautiful house. Lynn

06/18/2019

edith K.

Lynn was very perfect for the job I needed her to do for me. She was able to understand the insurance requirements with ease and able to communicate with them on a one to one bases on my behalf. Lynn's crew was very polite and very professional worked non stop up to their break to take their lunch hour only. They cleaned up after themselves each evening also. She does not require any money up front, let me repeat this no money up front, only when the job is done and when the insurance has paid you. This is what I have with my experience with Lynn, and I know of others who have used her also since I have contacted her for their roofing problems. They had the same payment arrangments. So, if you are looking for an honest, dependable person who really answers her own phone, or does get back if notable at the time to answer your call back, I would call Black Thunder Roofing.

Description of Work
total replacement roof,soffit, painting, replacing vents, repair of decking around fireplace, mantel replacement,woodwork inside

Category roofing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

[Member Name Removed] was a pleasure to work with. We did roof, fireplace framing, soffit repair, painting, electrical, interior drywall repair and fireplace mantle repair. Insurance was extremely hard to work with. We had to have 2 inspections to get everything covered that was damaged by storms. I worked closely with [Member Name Removed] over an extended period of time and she made it very pleasant! Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your positive and encouraging personality!

03/18/2019

Larry L.

I called the company 12/21/2018 and they said they couldn't get out here this year but they could in the new year. I wanted an estimate for the work, which the service provider promised they would be coming out this year to assist. As of now I have yet to hear from them.

Description of Work
I was interested in having a metal hand rail put on my outdoor steps as well as roof repairs from a leak.

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed] We were closed for the holidays. We were back in the office on the 3rd. I called and left a voicemail and followed up with an email and did not hear from you. I apologize for missing you. Lynn

11/26/2018

James B.

They did GREAT! Lynn (of Black Thunder Roofing LLC) is exceptionally professional, fun, accurate, on-time, pleasant, and honest. The job was completed with extreme precision and high quality by Lynn's Team; including co-worker, Alex; and the amazing carpenters, Tomas and Oscar, who did most of the work in the siding. They checked with us every day to make sure everything was done correctly, provided great conversation during the process, paid very close to detail, and pretty much re-did the complete outside of our home to make it look great and perform well. We have no leaks and our utility bills have actually gone down with the excellent quality roof and siding. It looks beautiful!! Excellent, excellent, excellent work. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Black Thunder Roofing LLC (and subcontractors) pretty much re-modeled the entire outside of our home. This included new siding, trim roof, and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

Review for Black Thunder Roofing LLC - 305 NW 5th St, Oklahoma City, OK - 37572638

Thank you Jim for taking the time to write us a review. Your positivity was a pleasure to be around. Great working with you! Lynn

05/24/2018

Max G.

We thought we would need a new roof; however, when the estimator came out she discovered that only a repair was required. The crew showed up as scheduled and were courteous and professional. Work was completed quickly and we noticed no roof debris in the yard. The repair seems to have worked well. Very pleased with the overall job.

Description of Work
Roof repair due to wind damage and minor leaks.

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

11/27/2017

LARRY D.

Job went well, They to return found nails in the flower beds. Job completed on time.

Description of Work
New roof on house & pool house. New Gutters installed