A Superior Design Co

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2011

12701 SE 134 st

Oklahoma City, OK 73165

A Superior Design CO. Has been offering Landscape design services, Excavating services, and demolition services since 1998 I take pride in all my work, I have the experience that it takes to make your property look outstanding. I have a keen eye for what homes/properties need. I am extremely efficient at delivering superior quality results. And I offer warranties, contracts, computer designs and competitive pricing on big or small jobs. Also I am fully insured for your protection......

10/14/2020

David L.

Yard is draining nicely. The work itself was timely, and the crew came back next day to add a downspout that was discussed initially but left out of the contract. Crew broke the buried invisible fence cable under the creek that had been marked, with no offer to cover the $125 repair bill. While the work done matched the contract, I needed to read it more carefully before signing. The contract showed 3 sets of plants, 6 each, when we had discussed 8 of each. We also discussed 2.5-3" diameter maple trees (size not in contract), but got 2 that were 1-1.5" because 'that's all the nursery had.' None of the grass plants had come out yet, being late February; when 3 still hadn't come out by July, I left a message for Matt on replacement under warrantee. Mid August, I called again and was told that there was no warrantee but I could just go down to nursery and replace them myself. After what I paid for the work, I didn't think it right to invest another handful to correct dead plants, and Matt agreed to resolve the 3 dead plants when he had a break between jobs. It's October.

Description of Work
Poorly draining back yard left standing water for several days after and any good rain. Install dry creek bed, with low plants and 2 trees, plus drain tile to divert downspout to head of the dry creek.

Category drain pipe, hardscaping

Sorry folks some Of this review is not accurate! Please disregard anything negative [Member Name Removed] has mentioned above. His Yard drains great, landscaping was done to satisfactory and looks great, we don’t repair dog wires he didn’t tell us about it from the beginning, plants aren’t warrantied it’s your duty to keep them alive, we brought them out green.

04/16/2018

David P.

Great!! The was even time enough for Ryan to assemble an outdoor lamp fixture for us!! Nice guy and helpful with advice for future work!!

Description of Work
Track lights installed

06/21/2017

cindy S.

Absolutely without a hitch! Matt and his team were professional, courteous, extremely knowledgeable, hard-working, honest, and included us at every decision point. Happened extremely fast as they worked long hours convenient for us. Received several other landscaper estimates which were way over the top on price, they were difficult to get a hold of, and not nearly as knowledgeable in erosion control and other basic concepts. The comments from congregation members are "fabulous", "gorgeous", and "beautiful."

Description of Work
A 15' x 33' pond with high quality fabric protector and liner, river rock in bottom, small boulders along the sides, and flag stone 2 feet around the perimeter.

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

08/30/2016

Pat H.

Description of Work
Very pleased with project and work performed. Crew was timely and cleaned up the area upon completion and our flower beds look wonderful.

06/29/2016

Pat H.

Matt and his team did a great job. They were timely and the complete job only took two days. They made sure that the job was done to our satisfaction. We recommend A Superior Design Co

Description of Work
Rework flowerbed, dry river bed and flagstone patio, remove shrubs and large holly and relocated others, removed old mulch and weeds, install new dirt, mulch, roses and day lilies. Add drainage by installing new berm on side yard and cutting concrete driveway and installing drain along with a covering grate.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

07/01/2015

Jason W.

installed a dry creek to help with flooding, and installed a flagstone deck to replace to old falling down one with landscape wonderful job. The whole crew was nice and polite and quiet, they did an excellent and professional job. We will be using them again in the front the house when the time comes.

Description of Work

Category decks, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

06/05/2015

Debra H.

The work that was done by Matt was great, he had the disadvantage of the ground still holding water from all the rains. He was able to still do what I needed done by working around the worst of the areas. The job took longer because of a dump truck mishap which was NOT as a result of Matt's Company. He left some dirt piled up so that I could continue to fill in the wash out areas that were not accessible to heavy equipment, I didn't feel the ground would be firm enough for him to do that without causing more damage to the ground. I plan on using his company again later to continue improving the yard and driveway.

Description of Work
Put in a new tin horn/culvert and a berm to add height to th ditch making sure water goes down the ditch. He spread 3 loads of rock to build up the driveway, built a berm to redirect rain water so it won't run directly behind the house, and filled in some holes.

04/19/2015

Jim H.

We highly recommend Matt and A Superior Design Co. All work performed for us was done in a very professional and attention to detail manner. Matt and his crew was very responsive to our needs and kept us well informed. We had a dry creek bed with plantings installed to fix a drainage problem on our driveway and also had a drainage problem around a new metal building that Matt fixed by bring in a large amount of dirt and corrected the water flow around the building. As a last minute add on we asked Matt to bring in a large amount of river rock to fill flower beds. He didn't hesitate and added that to his very busy day. Matt's coordination of all the equipment and supplies was impressive. We will not hesitate to use Matt and A Superior Design Co. for future jobs. THANKS Matt!

Description of Work
Dry Creek bed to fix driveway drainage problem, rock for flower beds and dirt work around metal building

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Thank you very much it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife, and I am glad you are pleased with the outcome of the project. Thank you again let me know if I can help you on any future projects....

09/24/2014

Jerry W.

Description of Work
Designed and installed rock patio, walkway and landscaping. Went well.

Category landscaping, patios

09/14/2014

D. C.

Job was supposed to be a one day job. Unfortunately, the job was scheduled on a day of torrential rain. Matt and his crew came out and started the job anyway. Actually worked in our favor as they were able to visually identify the drainage problem. However, because of the rain, job wound up taking two days. Despite taking additional time, the job was completed satisfactorily and on budget. I would recommend A Superior Design Co to anyone needing massive excavation work.

Description of Work
Our 10 year old gravel driveway had suffered extensive erosion over the years. Got an estimate from another company after calling them several times. Even though we accepted their bid, we could never get them to come out and actually do the work. I found Matt here on Angie's list. He called within hours of me emailing him, came out a couple of days later, gave a detailed estimate along with how he planned to fix the problem. We accepted the bid, and within 10 days, out massive erosion problem was fixed.

Category landscaping

Thank you and we appreciate the opportunity to do business with you. Very nice to have met you and your husband. And we hope you will keep us in mind for any future projects you may have. Thank you again

09/02/2014

Kathy M.

We signed a contract on the beginning of the July that ensured and guaranteed his work for one year. The cement that the flagstone is laid in is now showing hairline cracks. The winter is harsh, and with these cracks, they will surely get worse. I have called twice only to be told that he will get back with me, and I have not heard anything. I believe that is bad business.

Description of Work
He did two flower beds that were ten feet each, flagstone, pergula, and another flower bed on the side of my home with stacked stone and boulders.

Category hardscaping

I apologize for the negative review folks, however its just inaccurate, we completed the job to our customer satisfaction. Customer did call me last week sometime and I explained to her I was real busy and would call her this week to come out and see what was needed if anything to be fixed. And before I could even call her she posted this complaint. Also we do not get final payment until job is completed to customer satisfaction. I do provide warranties and explained to the customer that I would come out and take a look however she has been very disrespectful to me and my crew from the beginning, and is now not speaking to me when I call. Once again folks I apologize for the complaint above this has no barring on the quality of work that A Superior Design Co performs every day..

07/31/2014

Juliana H.

Description of Work
My back yard had been running down hill toward my house and grass would not grow, the roots of the tree were exposed. I got 2 estimates. The 1st company didn't seem to have had terracing experience. They never got back to me. I heard from A Superior Design Co the next day. He met with me on my day off and was very knowledgeable. The designer was aware of the need for drainage, improved rock walling, and making a very gentle slope to make mowing and care of bushes easy. If I knew how to do it I would love to show before & after pix. They got that whole job AND a pretty little garden out front in ONE Day. They did the whole thing right on budget. Every week it looks prettier and prettier. I have plans to turn the spot under my tree into a picnic area, little garden.

Category excavators, fencing, landscaping, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

05/09/2014

Emily A.

My husband and I did research on several companies but none of them offered the hardscaping/erosion control expertise and overall service of Superior. We were overwhelmed with not knowing where to start or even what to do. Years of overgrowth and erosion had rendered our backyard useless. We had no grass due to lack of sunlight, thus creating more erosion damage. The erosion had began to expose extremely large tree roots making it virtually impossibly to safely walk through the yard. This was our families first large project to restore the house my husband grew up in and there was a significant amount of fear and procrastination due to the financial investment and previous futile DIY attempts to make the backyard enjoyable. After I first reaching out to Superior Matt responded and visited our home within days. He was very professional and extremely knowledgeable. Once he provided his quote and a timeline we were excited to get started. We weren't concerned with getting other bids because it would have been impossible to find an and quot;apples-to-applesand quot; comparison, we just weren't aware of anyone that could tackle our unique challenges. His crews arrived onsite at the same time everyday wearing what appeared to be matching uniforms, worked hard and NEVER left the property a mess. At one point they were ahead of schedule and were ready to trench for the retaining wall however Okie had not been onsite to mark for buried lines. Rather than calling it a day and pushing the project out his crew without hesitation started doing the work by hand with shovels! There may have been an additional hour or 2 of labor but we were very impressed by how they didn't let the scheduling issue draw things out any longer. The various sub contracted teams (concrete...dirt...sod) arrived right on schedule the days they were expected. The entire project only took about 7-8 business days and it was actually exciting to arrive home from work each day to see the changes and to see the design coming to fruition! Our dogs finally have a yard to run around (first fence for this 43 year old house)! The design of the wall and drainage keeps the yard dry and our adjoining tennis court has yet to flood as we've seen previously. My family never realized what an emotional drain it was to look out the window to a barren dirt covered yard but this spring when the beautiful green grass came up and sunshine floods in each morning.... well, I can honestly say it's changed our lives. It sounds crazy but we couldn't have been happier with the way it all turned out. The design was create to last and I'm confident that it will. I even remember telling my husband afterward that I really wanted to know how much profit went directly to Matt because after considering the quality of work received and the lack of stress put on my family, I couldn't imagine that it was enough. (The husband quickly said I was out of my mind and needless to say Matt never received any additional profit. HA!;) We've already referred him to others and will certainly look forward to future projects.

Description of Work
Provided a comprehensive design to restore and preserve our large lot that was eroded by an unpredicatble creek lining the back. This design included: -Removal of 2 large leaning trees to also allow grass growth -Construction of a 120 + feet long 2 foot tall and 8 inches thick with a 3 foot wide footing and rebar concrete retaining wall, including drainage holes in the wall -Between the new wall and the old wall, 6 inch rock for erosion control was laid before dirt was delivered -8 truckloads of dirt were installed to build elevation and level yard from the wall to the house -7 pallets of sod laid -Wrought iron fence was installed (Matt did not supply fencing materials, only labor)

Category excavators, fencing, landscaping, mulch, tree service, wrought iron, drain pipe, hardscaping

08/10/2012

Dana S.

Matt Vaughn is the owner of A Superior Design. He was responsive to my initial inquiry and came by within a couple of days to discuss the project. We had a 50 year old gravel driveway with ruts and grass growing in the wrong places. The old driveway was U-shaped and did not allow for cars to get by if one was parked under the porticochere. Together, we came up with a design that was both practical and beautiful. He added a drive-by lane, re-engineered the infrastructure of the driveway to prevent rutting and allow for good drainage, added flagstone to the entrances and edged it with mortared natural stone blocks. Matt coordinated all of the materials and machinery to arrive at the right time so nothing was just sitting around and we were able to use the driveway during a lot of the construction. This is a big job and Matt had a big crew to get the job done efficiently (within a week). He's a good communicator and had us make sure that we were happy with the work as he went along. He was open to last-minute changes. He is a perfectionist and has high standards for his crew. The driveway absolutely adds curb appeal and sophistication to the property. The crew took care of all of the trash and made sure all of the details were dealt with. Overall, it could not have gone more smoothly. We will definitely use Matt for future landscaping and hardscaping. We negotiated a very fair price for the project

Description of Work
Excavated old gravel driveway. Designed new driveway with flagstone aprons, stone edging, river rock surface over compressed gravel base. This was a big job requiring a working knowledge of materials, drainage issues, and skill with excavating machinery.

Category concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping

Well I appreciate that Dana and want to thank you for your business and it was a pleasure to meet you and your family and I hope you all will enjoy that driveway for many years to come, and if you ever need anything, dont hesitate to call me. Thank You.....