Affordable Construction Co

Founded 1977 • With Angi since June 2010

3.6

6401 N Interstate Dr Ste 160

Norman, OK 73069

Welcome to Affordable Construction Co., where our number one priority is to provide you with not only superior quality roofing, siding and windows, but with excellence in customer service. With our extensive knowledge of all types of residential and commercial roofing you can count on us for all your roofing needs, from the largest commercial roofs all the way down to Grandma’s quaint little cottage. We understand that your home or business is your largest investment, so we treat each project as if it is our own. Affordable Construction Company also offers a wide variety of energy efficient replacement windows. All of our windows are custom built to your specifications. You get exactly what you need every time, with skilled professional installers to get the job done right. Additional contact names - Dan Glazier....

05/27/2021

David B.

We had a large storm and damaged thousands of roofs with baseball sized hail. During this storm my house was under contract to be sold and was having difficulties getting a call back until I contacted Affordable Roofing. The owner Dan called me right away and was able to come by to give me a quote while the other guys still hadn't called me back. I have really been impressed with his professionalism and knowledge but most of all he came out two days later and completed the roof which surprised everyone, including the new buyers and their lender. It has truly been a wonderful stress free experience and I would hire him again for sure! Thank you Dan

Description of Work
Roof and Windows

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters

07/26/2015

SCOTT G.

I never got the estimate. I spoke with Tristan many times to schedule and reschedule times to meet him or schedule times that he could come to my house on his own to take his measurements to provide an estimate. Eventually he did come and get his measurements. He said he left the estimate at my door but it was not there. I called him and he said he would mail it or drop it off again and email it asap but that never happened either. Also, during the course of the scheduling and rescheduling I called the office and asked if they could send somebody other than Tristan. They said ok and apologized. A few hours later I get a call from Tristan that he's on the way to make his measurements for the estimate. Never got any follow up calls either to see if I got the estimate. I have a feeling they don't care or just didn't want the work, which is fine. If that's the case they could just say so. It wont hurt my feelings, I promise. I'll end this review with something positive. They were friendly and polite on the phone.

Description of Work
Provide an estimate to replace the roof, gutters, and 1 double window.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/11/2015

Melanie J.

They were supposed to roof the house and the porch at the same time and they didn't. They came back to do the porch I specfied to the sales guy that there was a 6inch overhang and they ended up cutting the overhang off! I called the sales rep who finally got the project manager out here to fix the work. Instead of taking everything back down and fixing the job correctly , he just cut off 27 inches and added it to the end of originals.

Description of Work
They put roof on my house.

02/04/2015

Jonathan H.

They did a pretty good job but there was some payment issue. They got the work done very quickly. When I asked for final bill they asked the amount I didn't remembered. I didn't had the amount of bill they asked me for.

Category remodeling

06/23/2014

Robert K.

It went fine and it was great. They're reliable, on time and still on the job until Sundays.

Description of Work
They pulled up the old roof and replaced it with a new roofing.

02/06/2014

jim C.

Multable no shows and change of project managers. All out of state crews and actually took our personal tools. We ended up completing our job.

Description of Work
Tornado repair.

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking

08/20/2013

Gene N.

They did well. They were on time and comprable to other prices I was quoted

Description of Work
I had a new rood installed on my house.

01/15/2013

Denise H.

We wanted to replace our old drafty windows so we called Affordable Construction to give us a bid. We did not know about Angie’s list at the time. The sales man was a real smooth talker so my mom hired them. We ordered and paid for windows that had inside night/security locks on them, but after the windows were installed, with no locks, we were told those only came on double hung windows and are windows were just single hung! The installers were subcontracted by Affordable and they were NOT skilled professional installers, as Affordable Construction claims. The installers did not take their time removing the windows and just broke the glass out. As a result, shattered and splintered glass went everywhere! Glass was in our beds, scattered all over the house, outside in the flower beds and yard. It took me all day to clean up the glass in the house and days to pick up glass outside. They didn’t take their time scoring around the sheetrock so most of the sides around my window needed to be repaired and repainted. The windows did not fit in the opening so there is a 1/4 to 3/8 inch gap which they then caulked and did a horrible job of it. The sales man made a point of telling us how the corners of the windows were welded and thus very sturdy. The installers screwed through those welded corners to attach the windows to the house. I called the manufacture of the windows as to what is the proper way to install their windows and they are not supposed to be screwed through the corners. The installers didn’t care about doing a good job, so it took them less than a day to install 12 windows. They were missing one of the windows so they had to come back another day. I called Affordable many times to complain about the way the installers removed the windows and that the windows didn’t fit right and I never heard back from them. I left a message with the secretary and told them that when the installers came back to install the last window they better not remove the window like the last time. But when the installers came out they did the same thing and even cracked and chipped a tile around the window frame in the bathroom which they just wanted to caulk! When I raised an issue about this, their comment was,” it’s just a 50 cent tile”. At this time I still have never heard back from Affordable Construction and our windows are pulling away leaving bigger gaps and air is leaking through the gaps. Do not hire Affordable Construction because all they care about is getting the job done quickly and making money, rather than doing a quality job.

Description of Work
Replaced windows on the entire house.

Category replacement windows

10/29/2012

Jack M.

This job went very well. We worked it through long distance means, with one site visit to inspect the work, and was very satisfied with the outcome and the service. Jeremy was extremely responsive and adjusted well to the various things that always cause a project to slip or move forward. I would recommend this company to anyone needing roofing services.

Description of Work
Complete roof, gutter, garage door, painting repair.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

09/27/2012

Barbara H.

I believe that they subcontracted for this. The job was good, but the clean up was not. Affordable was not the problem though, it was the subcontractor they used. When I called them with an issue on the gutters, they were out immediately to find out what was going on.

Description of Work
They did some gutter work for me.

Category gutter repair

09/18/2012

Kathy H.

They were good. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They put some gutters up for us.

Category gutter repair

08/07/2012

Charles S.

OK. Expected to interface more with the company. Talked only with a Sales Rep. They did not present an estimate before seeing my insurance company's adjuster estimate. Work quality was okay. Small amount of damage to landscaping.

Description of Work
New roof - 2 story, 3400 square foot home.

07/19/2012

Henry A.

They were fine. Some of the work broke few of our shrubs, nothing major but a leaf and a shrub. They cleaned up good after themselves. They put the roof on really good. We are having a problem with the gutter and they are coming today to fix that so that took a little while to respond to that. The roofing went on time and guttering went on time and we had no problems with that part expect for a few shrub problems. Everything is okay now. They worked with the insurance and we didn’t have to pay. Then in 2013 we developed a leak in foher, because they didn't install the correct roofing material on the slop of the roof. In addition, found out didn't replace roof caps. Tried to call them to see if they would come out to fix the work. The explained to me that the warranty was only a 1 year and a half. Informed that the roof caps were never replaced and had already paid for. Reach out and sent pictures to the office manager and informed us that she would pass along the information to the general manager. They general manager never reached out to us after we tried to contact multiple times. Asked if could be provided with refund of the roof caps not being installed. Once again wouldn't return my phone call about providing refund.

Description of Work
I used Affordable Construction Co for roofing and guttering.

Category gutter repair, roofing

06/22/2012

John H.

This company is listed under the category "carpentry and woodworking." When I called them to get an estimate for some bookshelves, they informed me that they worked primarily in the roofing category and that the "carpentry" they do is exterior, mostly fascia and other work related to roofing repairs.

Category woodworking

05/28/2012

Ruth L.

I don't think the people who installed the windows were actual employees of Affordable. The beautiful woodword around my windows was ripped, dented, chipped. To cover this up, they used gobs of white putty to cover the broken woodwork and it just made it all the more noticeable. The window in my bathroom rattles back and forth when the wind blows. They made such awful messes inside and outside of my house, I spent two days cleaning up.

Description of Work
Had vinyl windows installed to replace wooden windows.

Category replacement windows

We would like an opportunity to make you happy. Would you let us come out and fix the issues?

05/12/2012

Liza P.

They started dropping off materials at my house soon after before I signed a contract. I found out they were not using IRC code. They were suppose to came out a couple of days early and started ripping my roof off. They were using different roofing, they were suppose to use 5/8ths roofing and they were using 3/8ths. I had 5 older double pane skylights. I wanted to replace them with solar domes. He said he would charge me over $500 even though their retail value was about $200. They took out my skylights and laid them on my lawn. After the workers left, I wanted to know where my skylights were. He ended up giving them to one of his workers. They finished the big house and went over to the little house and did the same thing! They consistently ask for money, but they never gave me invoices. They sent me a $48,000 invoice! They then took that back and tried to charge me $38,000. I ended up paying $25,000. The do not have the right codes! Do not hire them!

Description of Work
They came out to give me a bid on replacing my roof.

04/26/2012

Melanie H.

This company was hired to install vinyl siding on my house in 2009. When the job was started, it was done in a timely manner. I've needed repairs done since then and, after some miscommunication was ironed out, the warranty repairs were done as needed.

Description of Work
This company installed vinyl siding on my two story, brick house.

Category siding

We are glad we could make your experience better. I hope that you are happy to look at your home now. Thank you for updating the rating.

02/23/2012

Debora C.

They did everything pretty well except for the shed and the siding which those two things were done by the same person. I let them know that there was a problem. I showed them what the problem was and they did fix it.

Description of Work
They were supposed to fix the roof, siding, shed and garage door.

Category garage doors, roofing, siding

12/08/2011

Keli W.

Gerardo has an excellent work ethic. He is a very hard worker and does an excellent job.

Description of Work
Waterproofing, french drain, foundation repair, fence replacement, window repair and carpentry

Category contractors, gutter repair, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, foundation repair

10/19/2011

linda B.

All I had to do was select our shingles - Affordable Construction did everything else - it was great!

Description of Work
Our roof was destroyed by a hail storm. Affordable Construction replaced our roof in a timely manner. They did everything they promised, followed up to make certain we were happy and that everything met our expectations and did a BEAUTIFUL jof - I love our new roof. Their crew was tidy (covering all flower beds and continuously cleaning up all shingles, nails and trash), courteous and professional. They were in and out of here in three days and we have 6,000 sq. feet under roof. They dealt with our insurance adjuster and made the entire process easier on us. I highly recommend them.

09/03/2011

Linda G.

They did not charge me for the estimate. They were nice and friendly. They gave me a comparable estimate.

Description of Work
Affordable Construction Company came out and gave me an estimate for my roof.

05/13/2011

laurie M.

I was very pleased with the job. The sliding door there was a problem as the water was collecting inside. The only drawback is that the owner has to call me back with a solution to the door accumulating water, which has not been done as yet. I liked the quality of the windows and the services rendered by the installer. I will use their services in the future, too.

Description of Work
I used the services of Affordable Construction Company for windows and a sliding door, last week.

Category replacement windows, doors

04/27/2011

Mary M.

Everything SEEMED to be all right, until two and a half years later, when we had a snowstorm with some ice, and our ceiling started leaking in the exact same place. Supposedly we had a five-year warranty on the roof job, but when we called Affordable they (finally) send someone around, who told us (this is a quote) that "it was an act of God kinda thing" and nothing could be done about it. We called another roofer (whom we should have used in 2008, and whom I would recommend unreservedly now), who did the repair. In the process of tearing off the shingles in the area that had the leak, the "new" roofer made the discovery that NO MOISTURE BARRIER OF ANY KIND had been placed under the shingles, and not only that, but that the flashing had not been done right, and Affordable had used the flimsiest roof felt available. So though Affordable had used good shingles, they had used shoddy everything else, and so the better shingles did not protect our roof. Clearly they cut corners, and probably someone pocketed the difference. I would never use this company again for anything, and I am telling all my friends not to use them either.

Description of Work
We had hail damage and our roof started to leak above our TV and electronics. We called the insurance company, asked our friends, and settled on Affordable to do the repair. They seemed to do a good job, talked us into getting a higher grade of shingles, which we thought was reasonable, and we paid out of our own pocket the amount over what the insurance company paid. Their invoice specifically stated that they had used the higher grade shingles (which they DID do) and that they installed moisture barrier in the area of the roof where the leak had occurred.

04/26/2011

Ron P.

I live in Norman so thought local contractor with long track record would be good. They were so aggressive and obnoxious about talking to my insurance company directly that I eventually fired them. They were literally making up damage to things around the house like a ding in a bird house to try and extract money from the insurance company. They would point at a window and say "see there is damage right there" and neither me or insurance adjuster could see it. When I fired them because of their obnoxious used car salesmen attitude they sent a guy out because the "other guy is from up north and a little abrasive". Well the next guy said the exact same things and had the exact attitude he just did it with an Okie accent. I would think you would have a good chance of getting dropped from your insurance company if you use these guys for storm repairs.

Description of Work
After hail storm, these guys stopped at my house because they were working on a neighbors. Wanted to be my contractor for repairs. Total of 95,000 worth of damage.

Category roofing, replacement windows, doors

03/01/2011

Debra V.

They did exactly what they said they would do and they are affordable. There are no issues with it. The salesman didn't always get back right away but that's because they were so busy.

Description of Work
Affordable Construction Company did our new roof.

Category insulation, remodeling, roofing, woodworking