S & R CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2010

115 West 15th St Suite 303

Edmond, OK 73013

Since 1986 S & R has provided high quality remodeling and new construction to the Oklahoma city area. We handle all phases of construction and remodeling, from the design to the final cleaning. Our objective is to provide excellent work, while also being accommodating and easy to work with . We know that the relationships we build with our customers are our most valuable assets, so customer service is our priority. With a network of excellence-minded subcontractors and an experienced crew we will be your partner in transforming your home into your dream home. With our experience, expertise, and service you will be comfortable and confident from the beginning of a project to the end....

08/22/2017

Rosemary J.

We had a little accident with the door. They were able to fix it without having to replace the door, it was just an adjustment. We haven't had any problems. They came out right away and fixed everything. They are fast and efficient. They did everything fine.

Description of Work
Fixed the garage door.

Category garage doors

07/17/2017

Dawn H.

Steve was very professional and honest. We just didn't realize how much it cost to remodel your kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

03/30/2016

tina M.

01/07/2016

Dorothy Y.

I had strong opinions on the design and materials for the project. Steve gave us the right balance of respecting our choices while suggesting ideas that we had not considered. He did not, however, pressure us to choose the things he suggested, but helped us look at the pros and cons of the different ideas. We wound up mixing several of his ideas into the final plan ? which made for a better finished product! I was pleased with the level of communication from Steve and Josh during the construction process. We were kept well informed on what was going to happen. When problems came up Steve and his crew were quick to work to resolve the issues. They demonstrated a strong attitude that they would not be satisfied with the job unless and until we were completely satisfied. We were not presented with a final bill until after we told them we were happy with the room. It has now been two months since the project was finished, and I can easily say I am even more satisfied with the results now than I was when the job was first completed. S&R did a great job for us!

Description of Work
This past fall, my husband and I hired S&R Construction to remodel a bathroom in our 1970’s vintage home. The job consisted of bringing the room down to the studs, taking out a partial wall, rebuilding the shower, installation of new cabinets, floor tile, and fixtures. We were very pleased with the job Steve and his team did for us.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

11/12/2015

C. L.

Description of Work
Wonderful. Highly skilled, detailed, punctual, neat, patient with questions, very easy to contact. Could not have gone better!

07/31/2015

Lacey E.

S & R was professional and quick. Let's be honest, contractors are hard to find and trust. Important aspects if you are considering them versus another company: 1. Most reasonable bid we received (listed in a way we could understand and accounted for every dime). 2. They did it in the week they said. 3. They stayed at the original estimate!! (RARE) 4. They're friendly and professional. Trusted them while I was out of the office. Basically, you can't go wrong here, and you'll be happy you choose S & R! Thank you to Steve, Avis, Zeke and Matt.

Description of Work
S & R built out a big room and made it into three office spaces for us. This doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, based on other bids, it is!

Category drywall, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

04/16/2015

Ashley K.

12/18/2014

Gloria B.

Description of Work
Gutted bath and reconstructed from scratch. It went well.

10/23/2014

JERRY S.

Description of Work
I must retract. That was another contractor provided by AL. |This Co could not send anyone out until November. Said it would be good if we found another contractor.

08/22/2014

Sally N.

I called him because after seeing the work that he did on his website, it looked great. Steve explained the work that he could do, but said that I would have hire electricians, plumbers, and other contractors for specific work. He specifically said that he was not a designer. It was limited to what he can do. He did follow up with a written estimate, but I did not move forward on working with him.

Description of Work
had him come out to provide an estimate on a kitchen and general remodel.

08/21/2014

Barbara J.

I love it. I thought they were going to throw up some pre-fab cabinets but they are making them all individually. They are honorable and the service is great. They really are nice, I'm just ecstatic! The boss regularly checks on the job and the other guys speak very highly of him. I was not even aware that they were going to put crown molding on the top of the cabinets and it looks so elegant. They are very punctual. The workers are here on time and there are no delays. They also do a good job of keeping me updated with the progress and I am very pleased with them.

Description of Work
They are remodeling my kitchen.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

07/25/2014

Carolyn B.

I am extremely disappointed and don't know what happened. I called and made an appointment with Steve to come out and go over my project. He came out. He was very friendly. I need a kitchen and master bedroom remodel. He measured my rooms, took pictures and measurements. He discussed possible remodeling ideas; some I hadn't considered but liked. My brother met with us as I am temporarily disabled. My brother was interested in having work done at his home also, so he wanted to see how my meeting went. Steve said that he would be gone the next week, but would get back with me with an estimate when he returned. He apologized for the delay saying he usually gets back with a client sooner. Well I have never heard from Steve or anyone at S&R Construction since that meeting in June 2014. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because the week he was supposed to return and get back with me was actually the week of 4th of July. I understand being gone and then a holiday happens. I figured he might need a few days to get caught up. Well I called his ph# 405-202-8388 on July 22,2014 at 12:48 pm and left a message that I was still waiting to hear from him. I waited a few more days. Still no answer. I guess my job was too big, but a professional would should at least call and say they couldn't or didn't want to do my job. Wonder why no response?

Description of Work
No work done. Just a meeting.

07/10/2014

Jane W.

I scheduled appointments with 3 general contractors for home updates/renovations. Steve was very prompt and courteous during the appointment, providing a professional and timely estimate. However, I selected another contractor whom was more inclusive with his estimate. I would not hesitate to recommend S&R Const. for anyone seeking remodeling services.

Description of Work
He provided an estimate for home renovations.

05/26/2014

Margaret M.

As I said above, they did a very nice job and it looked exactly like I'd hoped it would. I did the painting of the walls, woodwork and ceiling by my choice to lower the cost. The texture job of the walls was a bit rough, but not so much that I complained. They were very easy to work with and very open to changes I made. I will definitely use them in the future and recommend them.

Description of Work
Demolished existing tub and vanity, rewired new lights, new plumbing for shower and sink. They built a beautiful vanity and painted it red and did a great job. I picked out the counter top and sink, lights and hardware for vanity and faucet for sink. They picked out the shower door and hardware for shower and did a good job with that. It took a bit longer than planned, but I wanted different lights than what I originally picked and we had to reorder and wait for these.

Category countertops, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/13/2014

Diana F.

Steve gave a good estimate and he and his crew did a good job of repair, texturing and painting. They always cleaned up after themselves. I was very pleased. Very honest and responsible.

Description of Work
Repair texturing and painting from having nine peers put on home to correct cracks in walls as well as repairing some soffits.

Category masonry, interior painters

03/09/2014

Dana M.

I got 2 bids for a small remodel job which both were high rated from Angie's List. I liked Steve's professional and easy going personality at our initial meeting . the other contractor was nice but did not present to me as professional and I think he was to do most the work himself. This contractor came in 1/3 less the cost but wanted 1/2 of the $ when he started and 1/2 at completion. I questioned Steve why his bid was so much higher and after evaluation of his bid he agreed and apologized he had put it together fast and electrical was entered twice and the extra labor cost of the flooring was not needed. Taking a low bid and being dinked at the end of the project for more money is just as bad as paying too much initially. Steve resubmitted the bid and come in on time and under budget. Steve always returned my calls and very easy to work with. I have given Steve another job to bid. I will always get at least 2 no matter if I like the contractor or not. It takes a little more time on the front end but helps keep things in check. I hope his bid works so we can use him on the next project.

Description of Work
Commercial remodel

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

09/23/2013

KELLY L.

S&R came to my house to give a price estimate of our bathroom remodel. Steve wrote down everything we wanted to have done and said that he would be contacting us within a week with the price estimate. Weeks and now months have gone by and we never heard back from him. I'm guessing our job wasn't going to be as costly as others, but it would have been nice to at least had a follow up.

Description of Work
to provide cost estimate of bath remodel

Category home remodeling

Dear [member name removed], I would like to sincerely apologize for this situation. Please let me assure you that this was not intentional. Somewhere in our office's flow of paperwork between when the estimate was created and when it should have gone to you, we misplaced your file and you were never contacted. I don't want to make excuses, I simply want you to know that we did not dismiss you or your job. It was wonderful to meet you and I was certainly looking forward to working with you, but we made a mistake. I cannot apologize enough for the time you have lost waiting for us. I would be happy to meet with to go over your project again. I could then draw up another proposal for you if you are interested. However, if you choose another contractor we wish you the best of luck and hope your project goes smoothly. Sincerely, Steve Hanson

09/16/2013

Richard S.

Perfectly completed all items on contract.

Description of Work
Repaired siding on sun room, painted interior and exterior, removed popcorn ceiling, re-textured and painted, replaced entire roof and guttering. Fourth time used Steve Hanson and his company in and around my home. Completely trustworthy, punctual and professional.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

09/09/2013

Karen F.

They were there on time, it took two days. It was a wonderful job, they did exactly what the contract said. No overages, although with such a small job I would not expect any. Very professional. The side of the house that was repaired looks better than the rest of the house. I would use them again and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Repaired garage wall and door where renter ran into house.

Category contractors, garage doors

09/08/2013

Tony S.

Once planning was completed and agreement was signed everything progressed timely. He did an excellent job, we made a few adjustments along the way and he handled them exceptionally. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Room Addition

06/28/2013

Lynn L.

My interaction with them was great. We had it done while we were gone. So, I really didn't have any interaction with them, but we left and when we came back it was done, and it was great. I think that they were great. They were very courteous and neat. They were done before they said they would be. Overall, it was a good experience.

Description of Work
S & R Construction "bout" a closet. They did a total kitchen gut and remodel, that was four years ago.

03/31/2013

Jane M.

Incredibly easy to work with. Extremely high quality work. Steve Hanson cares about his clients and their comfort during remodel and the process. Highly reliable. All subtractors he used - plumbers, heating and air, electricians, flooring, roofing, framing, painters - were exceptional. I had one contact - Steve Hanson- and from that he worked with people who were trustworthy and did excellent work. His staff is very high quality and detailed. Steve was on site regularly, almost daily to inspect and direct the work that was done. He was exceptional in remembering details and in listening to the client. He is a person of very high integrity. I am fortunate to have found him the first time for a major addition to the house (2009), and then went to him again without question four years later (2013) for gutting and remodeling the kitchen. He loves what he does, and clearly respects the people who work for him and his clients. He was available always by phone, even on week-ends. A quality individual who does exceptional work. If you are interested in quality and ease of the project, I recommend contacting Steve Hanson. I should mention that he worked with ease with an architect on the first project. I had heard that both projects would be nightmares, and these experiences were far from that. I am fortunate to have found Steve Hanson.

Description of Work
House addition in approximately 2009 - general contractor. Sitting room, book room, laundry room, master bedroom, bath, closet and porch were added to home. Worked with Steve Hanson a second time in March, 2013 for complete gutting of kitchen and redesign and remodel. Two appliances were moved to an upstairs attic for additional downstairs space addition.

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

03/22/2013

Bill W.

The service turned out fine. Steve Hanson is very proactive in communication. He called me once or twice a week to see how everything was going. The workers have been with the company for years and they were very knowledgeable. All of the workers including the electrician, plumber, and framing guys kept the area very clean. They were flexible with the work and did a great job.

Description of Work
They did a bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for reviewing us, [member name removed]! You guys picked out some great tile and colors and we know you'll enjoy your new bathroom for years to come. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

03/21/2013

Gregory S.

It went very well. Completion on time and almost on budget.

Description of Work
Steve and his crews were very professional in their work. They did multiple projects for us, most of them going on all at the same time. He started with re roofing the house and basically rebuilding the outside of the chimney for us. Then they moved inside and started a flood repair/ remodel project that ranged from replacing parts of the ceiling thru-out the house to cutting sheet rock out 18-24" high from the floor, (due to 2 sewer backups) all thru the house. He did some cabinet removal from the kitchen also. He worked around our time schedule and completed the work on time. I thought he was a little high on some of his work, but I would not hesitate to call him again as I need more things done. He is willing to work with his customers and able to do high quality work. I will not hesitate to give him an excellent reference should someone need to use him in the future. Pat ( Blanchard, Oklahoma)

Category custom cabinets, masonry, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, chimney repair, home remodeling

Thanks, Member! It was a pleasure working for you!