Homeguard Construction Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2010

2712 East 140th Pl. South

Bixby, OK 74008

Homeguard Construction always provides TOP QUALITY Residential and Commercial Construction Services with Unsurpassed Customer Satisfaction. We provide ideas, advice and the expertise to determine the best construction process to fit your needs. When Homeguard Construction reviews a client's project

07/30/2019

J P.

The crew was professional, and the project was done quickly. We had several special requests, and they executed them all. They also did a nice job cleaning up the site. We were so pleased with the results that we have used Homeguard on subsequent projects, including home repairs and house painting. We have referred the company to friends, who have also been pleased. Pat says the job isn't over until the customer is happy. He is great to work with, and we will continue to use his company in the future.

Description of Work
Initially, we hired Homeguard to install a new roof, decking and insulation.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, gutter repair, insulation, lighting, remodeling, roofing, pressure washing, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

07/27/2019

Jerry T.

I don't usually make comments on these sites, but the Home Guard people did such exceptional work I felt compelled to pass along my experience. First of all they were prompt every day, experienced, and they cleaned up after themselves. They tackled the small jobs and the difficult work with experience and completeness. I thought the hardest job would be replacing the rotted floor joists where the washing machine had leaked and rotted the wood. They knocked it out like they did it every day. They repaired the sheet rock and repainted and you can't even tell it had been a problem. My kitchen is now updated and beautiful. These guys made it happen. (one of the guys even crawled under the house and plastic bagged my neighbors dead cat that was stinking to high heaven. He drug it out of there coughing and spitting, but he didn't complain....I handed a $100 bill because I could not have done it.

Description of Work
sheet rock repair, tile, kitchen cabinets, kitchen floor substructure repair, added ceiling insulation, replaced fold down ladder to attic

Category ceramic tile, drywall, insulation, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

07/18/2019

Kristen D.

The work was professional and done efficiently. Everything was cleaned up well when it was done. I will use the services again if I need something done.

Description of Work
insulation project on home

Category insulation, remodeling

Destiny P.

We originally contracted Homeguard for two large projects, a new roof and extensive inside repairs resulting from unrelated water damage. The latter also happened very close to Christmas and the birth of a new baby. The quality of the work was excellent, on budget and they were especially empathetic and time sensitive to our situation. We’ve maintained a relationship and hired them for several jobs since, going on approximately two years now. I communicate almost exclusively with Tony to coordinate and his response time exceeds my expectations. You will get honesty and quality with Homeguard.

Description of Work
New roof, inside water damage restoration, smaller odd jobs

Category flooring contractor, glass repair, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, interior painters, doors

Kristina S.

When we bought our home in April there were several things I wanted to change but the kitchen was the number one thing! I called several companies before making my decision to use HomeGuard Construction. Customer service is very important to me and the owner always answered or returned my call the same day. I had many questions along the way. They were patient and explained everything to me during the process, which ultimately is why I chose them. The remodel itself went good, the guys would clean up after they finished working for the day and they all seemed to work very well together. I have recommended them to other people and they actually just finished putting a roof on for my neighbor!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, roofing, skylights, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, floor cleaning

Brian T.

Our 25-year old wood shake roof was beautiful, but posed a major fire hazard and needed replacement. A friend recommended Tony and his Homeguard team. Amazingly, they were able to remove the old and rebuilt a new composite that lowered our monthly heating and A/C bills and truly looks better than our original. It even lowered our homeowners insurance because of the safety factor composite roofs provide. We were so impressed that had them renovate an upstairs guest bathroom and the results are stunning. I’m the kind that only reads reviews. I NEVER write them, but Homeguard was nothing short of amazing. Give Tony a call and I’m sure you’ll be writing the next glowing review.

Description of Work
New Roof and MAJOR bathroom upgrade.

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

Barbara L.

My husband is quadripoligic and had very specific requirements. Homeguard designed and built a bathroom that was in compliance with ADA standards. Not only does it function well, but is also beautiful. I would highly recommend Homeguard and Tony Stewart.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

07/16/2019

Tom J.

Pat’s workers did an excellent job & completed all of the work on time as promised. I stopped by one time to check on their progress and they were very courteous to me. When all of their work was complete, they cleaned up all of their mess...left the job site looking great!

Description of Work
Had several projects around my house that needed to be done for me to list my house on the market for sale (See work performed below from list)

Category ceramic tile, drywall, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

08/08/2018

Linda C.

I'd like to give Homeguard a good rating because Pat's a nice guy and was our neighbor. But I have to base this review on the quality of the work. Everything had to be done and redone 2-3 times. There was no supervision or communication and the job seemed to be beyond their skill sets. They made 3 attempts at putting in the floor tile but it's still uneven and full of toe-stubbing edges. The painters only painted what could be seen. The shower step was uneven so water would flow into the bathroom instead of the shower. Luckily Robinson Glass caught that mistake for us where the glass guy Pat sent out did not. They tried to use damaged wood, using putty and paint to disguise the splits. So you have to stay on top of the job if you want it done right. I 've included pictures to show their workmanship. As you can see grout began to crack a couple of weeks after it was done and the grout lines in the tile aren't smooth. I ended up doing all repairs myself. They treated my home and gardens like a construction site, leaving behind a mess. I can't recommend them any longer.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

I am very sorry Mrs. [Member Name Removed] was not pleased. I agree there were a couple issues that had to be addressed again. I always told her and her husband I would stand by the work. All she needed to do was put a piece of blue painters tape of areas she wasn't happy with. I sent guys back just for this and if stuff was missed I'm sorry but she must have missed them as well. As far as my painters only painting what they can see...Well make your own decision on that..Again I am sorry she is unhappy but we still stand behind out work.

07/26/2018

Joyce M.

I could not be more pleased. Pat Hummingbird was prompt to respond, came frequently to the site to check on things, followed through with everything and sent regular texts to let me know how things were going. The crew was professional, kind and all great to work with. The job was completed on time and on budget. I can highly recommend this company and would use them again. On a side note, a neighbor needed some trim painted and they did that for her at no cost while they were there. Wow!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category house painters

08/27/2016

Michael M.

Pat Hummingbird, the owner, was excellent to work with. He communicated every step of the way on what to expect and when. He worked with me to complete some specific concerns I had from the last time the roof was replaced 7 years ago, by an outfit that is no longer in business. He made himself always available by phone and would return a call if he couldn't take it immediately for whatever reason. The crew that did the roofing work did very nice work and left the job neat and tidy at the end of each work day (we have a very large roof so it took multiple days). The only hitch was the painter that did a small interior repair took more time than it should have due to some poor initial attempts. But in the end, the job was finished to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
At the recommendation of my insurance adjuster I chose Homeguard to complete the complete replacement of my shingled roof.

Category roofing, interior painters

06/23/2016

Bob S.

After being delayed by rain for several days, the crew was very efficient and hard working. It was clear that the crew knew what they were doing, and they were all very nice and polite. Demo took about three days, as we had a LOT of wood to remove! (They filled up one full dumpster, and had to take the rest away in a truck) It took another three days or so (with some rain delays in between) to finish the deck, and then we had to wait about two weeks for the treated wood to dry completely. They came back and pressure washed the entire deck one day, and then took about another day and a half to stain it (three coats, I think). It looks great!

Description of Work
Removed old deck boards on a 1,200 square foot porch and deck. Removed large wooden planters on both sides of the porch. Repaired/replaced rotted support boards under the deck and replaced three wooden posts supporting the porch roof. Installed new deck boards on the entire porch and deck, power washed the new wood (after letting it dry for two weeks) and stained all of the new wood.

Category decks

04/27/2016

Debbie W.

Super team and great honest leadership Have been doing business with this company since 2004. They replaced my roof on my personal home and I have referred them over and over to everyone. Good people. Honest hardworking and price is always what they bid. Will continue to always use them

Description of Work
Roof shingles repair on my church building

04/21/2016

Simon L.

I contacted HomeGuard to have them estimate repairs on the exterior of my home. Joe was sent out and was very professional and very knowledgeable. The only thing that set me back form hiring them was their price quote. They were my highest price quote out of the four companies that I requested bids from. I would recommend them and I appreciate them taking the time to come out to my home and provide me with an estimate.

Description of Work
Estimate for wood rot repairs and repainting. $1,260 (labor only, not including materials)

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Kristin M.

They exceeded my expectations. They worked quickly and were very polite. The clean up was also wonderful. I was expecting to have to sweep my driveway afterwards before i went anywhere, but there wasnt a nail in sight. Pat Hummingbird was very professional and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Removed old roof, replaced wood and put on new roof.

Category roofing, woodworking

Bryan B.

It went perfectly. Mr.Hummingbird told me exactly what to expect, then delivered. He also gave me some cost cutting ideas to help offset the part not covered by my insurance, an A+ experience.

Description of Work
Replaced my storm damaged roof.

LeVon B.

I couldn't have been happier! The owner, Pat Hummingbird, and his crew were a joy to work with. They were personable, professional and true craftsman. They obviously have pride in their work since my project is beautifully done and the envy of everyone who sees it.

Description of Work
Homeguard Construction built a large screened in porch and an elaborate deck around my swim spa.

Category decks, electrician, picture framing, gutter repair, lighting, remodeling, roofing, siding, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters, sunrooms, patios

04/11/2016

Nancy M.

Everything went very well. The project manager, Joe, kept in touch with me both via phone, email and drop ins during the entire project. All the workers were prompt, professional and friendly. They cleaned up after themselves completely and my husband I are thrilled with the finished project. The pricing was in line for the work done; we will for sure use them again, in fact they are bidding on another project right now for repairs to the master bath. I'll let you know how that goes. Great guys!! (PS - our dog likes them too).

Description of Work
Homeguard did repairs and updates to our attached 2 car garage. They painted the walls, completely rebuilt a storage closet, installed cabinets and applied an epoxy coating to the floor.

Category remodeling

02/04/2016

Jennifer A.

Got a prompt quote, had to wait a few weeks to start so we ordered doors and windows. They came and did the work quickly and professionally. We hadn't put siding on the interior yet, so they pre-cut all the interior trim, saving me a huge amount of hassle. I will definitely use this crew again.

Description of Work
Installed windows and doors in backyard shed we converted to a writer's studio. Exterior and interior trim, all work was excellent and performed quickly. They dealt with unlevel floors (shed is old and had settled) by offering several options. Turned out beautifully.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows

01/08/2016

Larry M.

Easy to work with, Excellent results. Have used for two projects and will use again. Clean up after roof removal and replacement was unbelievable - also returned to fix a minor glitch as soon as I brought it to their attention. Prompt, accurate bids, professional results.

01/05/2016

Larry M.

Actually hired them twice - needed to have termite damaged header replaced before having roof redone. After having them replace the header, I was impressed enough to have them do the roof. These are NOT the cheapest people out there, but that said, they performed better than expected and were spot on on their bid. They were prompt, friendly and informative. Joe stayed on top of the work, and kept me informed of progress and problems. There was a minor hitch in the roof - brought to their attention in the final inspection - which was noted and attended to within a day or two - much before I expected, since we are a little off the beaten path. I must also note that they left the property cleaner than they found it - my wife and I were stunned. Plan on using them again and will do so with confidence. As I mentioned before - not the cheapest - but I wasn"t looking for cheap, I was looking for value - I got it.

Description of Work
Replace garage door header, strip, repair and replace roof.

Category remodeling, roofing

07/01/2015

Namek L.

I have used HomeGaurd for various small jobs and felt very comfortable contracting them to replace our roof. We have an unusually high pitched roof on a two story home. The work was excellent and they did an above average job cleaning up after the project. I also wanted to comment that the crew seemed very competent and friendly. It helped put us at ease with the whole project that they showed up on time, with a smile and got right to work.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and replaced with new felt and 30 year shingles. They also replaced the flashing around all of the pipes/vents and installed ice and water shields in all of the valleys.

03/28/2015

Audrey W.

The company and crew were awesome. Total time for project was about 45 days. They were very informative during the entire process.

Description of Work
Removed 2 load bearing walls of a 2 story house, Removed popcorn from living room dining room and kitchen. Tiled dining room and kitchen, to include heating strips. Re-built wall that held pocket door, due to old termite damage. Installed 13 Cann lights. 2 light fixtures. Totally renovation of stairs, removed carpet, replaced with red oak wood. Opened up the stair well. Performed all sheetrock repair and tape, mud, texture. Painted all rooms. Performed major electrical re-routing to accomandate all lighting add-ons.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/20/2015

Michael G.

I found this service provider on Angie's List and asked them to come to the house for a bid. Pat showed up on time and provided a bid as promised. After I received the bid, I contacted him and let him that I would like HomeGuard to do the work. Pat said they were very busy and that It might be a month. He also said that if we had a lot of rain, he maybe be able to do our job sooner. It so happened that the weather cooperated and he was able to start our job immediately. The carpenter and plumber showed up on time, each day, and were very nice and professional. We are VERY happy with the job that HomeGuard did for us and would not hesitate to use them again. And a thanks to Angie's list for helping us to find them.

Description of Work
Installed a new bathtub and shower surround. Hung new drywall and finished.

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking

03/18/2015

John S.

Terrific job. Without a doubt would work with them again. The craftsmenship was excellent. Communications was the best I ever experienced. I never had to wonder what was going to happen next. Homeguard Construction kept me up to date on each phase of the project. Built the deck in a single day, crew was right size to handle the job I needed. When the job was completed the employees of Homeguard cleaned up every last scrap of material, leaving everything to look the way it did before the project.

Description of Work
Added a deck to a cabin with lattice skirting around it.

Category decks

Outdoor Pro

With 19 years of industry experience Outdoor Pro was formed by owner Jake Rowland in 2002. Jake is on site for all jobs and is a one stop shop for your landscaping, tree trimming/removal, hardscape, and water feature needs. Our focus is in customer satisfaction and we won't quit until you are completely satisfied.

Restoration 1 of Tulsa

Why Choose Restoration 1 of Tulsa? We are a locally owned and operated business with over 15 years experience plus have the backing of a national brand in the Restoration Industry for Fire, Water, Smoke, & Mold Damage. When disaster strikes, its important to enlist help from a company you can trust. At Restoration 1 of Tulsa, we are committed to the client and excellent service in every aspect. This means getting our restoration specialists thoroughly trained & professionally certified while staying up to date with the latest property restoration techniques and technologies. We are certified IICRC and are committed to our clients. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Committed to the Client 24/7 Availability Licensed & Insured These things alone differentiate us from other property restoration services who may be tempted to cut corners or hire under qualified personnel. Our professionals are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA). All our services are backed by our commitment to your satisfaction. Emergencies don't wait around and neither do we. You can expect prompt and effective services from our fully trained technicians.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

TNK Pressure Washing

Local Pressure Washing business offering professional services at affordable pricing. Training and safety is what sets us aside from others. We have highly trained technicians so you can count on the high quality courteous and professionalism you desire. We offer house washing, roof washing, concrete cleaning, decks and fencing, patio and walkway cleaning. We use industry standard and manufacture recommended cleaning methods and biodegradable soaps and detergents.

2022 Super Service Award

Construction Industries Board of Oklahoma
    07/30/2019

Roof repair & replacement. Kitchen & bathroom remodeling. Tile installation. Laminate flooring. Interior & exterior painting. Siding. Windows & doors. Decks. Handyman. Additions. Custom work. Fencing.