Jerry Ables Electric Inc

Founded 1967 • With Angi since January 2009

3.9

766 Linden Ave

Zanesville, OH 43701

Ables Electric, HVAC, Heating & Cooling, Ables HVAC, Ables Electric, Jerry Ables Electric Inc. We are a Family owned & operated Heating, Cooling, and Electric Company since 1967, with three (3) generations involved in the family business. With locations at 433 Wheeling Avenue in Cambridge, Ohio and

03/24/2016

vern S.

Description of Work
W[orked on air conditioner. Air worked for two or three days then quit. I did not call him back.

Category electrician, garage doors

10/13/2015

jacob S.

They took a week to come out. Received estimate after a week and a half. Only one estimate not two. It was for a 200 amp combination meter and main breaker panel outside and replacing both panels at 100 amps. Plus they included in the estimate that it also included 20 100amp breakers. This isn't even close to what we asked for as we would need the additional amperage for a bathroom and kitchen renovation next summer. Wanted to do this first to help spread out the cost. I understand that the 20 breakers was a small mistake, but I asked for two quotes to replace two panels with a 200 amp upgrade and they sent a quote to replace my 100amp panels with 100 amp panels. The current panels are fairly new square d panels so they didn't even send a quote for an upgrade. The whole affair makes me doubt their competence.

Description of Work
Came out for an estimate on two different projects. First one was to upgrade to a 200 amp main panel. Second project was to up grade the second electrical panel to 200 amps as well.

09/24/2015

Steven F.

Description of Work
Timely. Professional. Reasonable.

03/11/2015

Ann B.

We were completely satisfied, they made a point to be there the next day. I called on Monday, they made appointment with us for the very next morning at 8:30am. They arrived promptly. Electrician went over the work that was previously done, verified that there was necessary repairs to make this safe. He made appointment for Wednesday morning, they were unable to get there due to excess snow of 10". Made the appointment to come again on Thursday, between 8-9am. We arrived and the electrician had already began the work. He completed the job within 2 hours. The man was a professional and very nice, was able to meet our needs and had our safety as his primary concern. They were prompt, nice, and very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Installed new service line connectors for electric. Advised us of problems on previous install from another Electrical contractor. Fixed all problems. Advised us of their primary concern for safety.

Category electrician

Thank you for the positive review, we try and provide the best service possible!

03/02/2015

Con W.

Furnace went out about midnight and I waited until 8am to call. I've used 2 comanies in the past to fix the furnace under a homeowners warranty and wouldn't have either one back. Ables in Zanesvile is near our house and I called them (before I saw the other review! My experience with Ables could not have been more different. I had actually called another company with great reviews and told them my furnace was out and they told me it would be 3 weeks before they could get here! 8:05 am called Ables and 10:15 they called back to say a tech was on the way. Brian was professional and courteous. He seemed to know what he was doing and let me watch. He explained everything he was doing to diagnose the problem and even gave me a mini-course in the process my furnace used to get gas from the pipe to the burners. He fixed the problem and gave me options for follow up ranging from leaving the repair the way he did it to replacing a part that might need replacing to (after finding out the price of the part!) suggesting replacing the furnace instead of the part. He never made me feel like he was pressuring me to upgrade and never suggested replacing the 15 year old furnace til pricing parts. This wasn't a technician ploy as I've had to have extensive repairs done to the furnace in the past under the HO Warranty and it will probably need replaced in the next 5 years or so. Maybe not since he got it running and said everything looked good. I would DEFINITELY hire them again and will look into them if I do ever replace the furnace. Extremely pleased with the service and what I feared would be a bill in the hundreds was only $80. Prompt, inexpensive and knowledgeable people.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

02/14/2015

courtney C.

told me they wouldnt come out and fix my furnace at 2 am when they claim there a 24 hr service

Description of Work
nothing

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

We would like to apologize that you had a bad enough experience that warranted this review, but our records indicate that we were on site during overtime to repair your furnace. If it was not at 2am again we apologize but our technicans were working alot during this time period and we like them to get their rest.

02/11/2015

Steve S.

Category electrician

Thank you for the positive review. We try and always provide the best service possible!

01/14/2015

Kate S.

Category electrician, garage doors, heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are very happy you had a great experience. We always want to provide the best service possible!

01/07/2015

MIRIAM N.

I can't believe that any business with employees this incompetent remains in business. They removed the old unit but when they hooked up the new one, they connected all the outgoing water (both cold and hot) to the water heater, resulting in hot water to every single outlet in the house - toilets as well as both sides of every faucet. By the time the water heated up enough that this became obvious, they were already gone, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to come back out - had to call the owner at home. The estimator had a raft of excuses about why they couldn't come back out the same evening - including that they didn't have the right parts (readily avaIlable, seems like a business that offers 24/7 service would have PVC pipe and fittings on their trucks.) - even argued with us that there was no way there could be hot water to every outlet as described. Then, to frost the cake, when they finally did come back out, they started to cut the water line before shutting off the water supply. Then they introduced so much air into the lines that the pressure switch on the pump malfunctioned and my husband had to fix that. They didn't do a nice professional install, even without considering the total fail on the water lines - the electrical just comes out of the wall without a box, and they hard-installed the heater with PVC pipe instead of flexible tubes - and by the time they got done, the pipes look like a bad game of Waterworks. Also, a side safety issue: they had to move a gas supply pipe that was in the way, and when they were done the left a ball-valve on a capped nipple in the open position. I would definitely not use this provider again - too much risk of a bad outcome!

Description of Work
removed and replaced a water heater under warrant y.

Category electrician, plumbing

12/18/2014

Jill S.

Description of Work
Replaced toilet etc. We would recommend Jerry Ables to everyone!

Category electrician

We are happy you had a great experience. Thank you and we always strive to deliever the best service possible!

02/21/2012

Bill G.

I was very pleased with their service. I contacted the utility company as I was looking for a particular brand of a generator and also contacted the generator company who told me who the approved installer in the area was and based on what they had to say about this company I chose them. They were very good. They did an excellent job. They were responsive. I was generally happy with the work I received. I bought a decent generator from them. Considering the cost of the generator and the work they did it was reasonably priced. They quality of their service was very good. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Ables Heating and Cooling to install a permanent backup gas generator. They hooked up the gas lines and they installed the electric circuit which was needed.

Category electrician, garage doors, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive review. We want to deliver the best service possible. Thanks Again!

01/28/2009

asdf A.

We used Ables because our last plumber, now out of business, recommended them. The technician showed up on time, but that is the only thing done correctly. The problem that caused the call was that furnace would not light. They were supposed to inspect and clean the furnace and diagnose the problem. All they did was change the thermocouple. The furnace still does not stay lit and they charged a whopping $164 ($75 just to show up and $89 to change the thermocouple ($15 part so that makes $65 in labor for a half hour of work!) All of the other heating/cooling companies we called afterward would have done all the work for $60 to $90. When I called to complain about the price they only said they would refund $50. We called today to have them come back, due to weather they couldn't, but promised to be here the next day. (We will have to wait and see).

Description of Work
The thermocouple was changed in my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Very sorry that you had a negative experience. Unfortunately our technician did not correct the problem on the first call, but we did send the technician back at no charge to correct the mistake. Again sorry for the inconvienance this caused for you, we try and train all of our technicians to be thorough but unfortunately he was not. Our technician did not correct the problem on the first call, but we did send the technician back at no charge to correct the mistake. I know that doesnt always make up for the inconvienance, but we want to stand behind our work.

Precision Overhead Garage Door Service

Precision Garage Door offers professional service, installation and repair for residential and commercial customers. Serving customers in the Columbus Metro Area area since 2001. 6 employees. No subs. Charges by the piece. No extra charge for nights and weekends. Additional phones -

2022 Super Service Award

Walsh Brothers Electric

We are a family owned company providing electrical services to residential homes, commercial businesses, and new construction. We provide quality work at great prices. Our business has been in operation since February of 2020 with the owner having close to a decade of experience in the electrical field.

2022 Super Service Award

Drains&ExcavationServices

With over 10 years of experience we can take care of all your excavation/outdoor plumbing needs! Call us today for a free quote!! We will guarantee customer satisfaction and worry free warranties.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Residential and commercial HVAC & electric, heating, air conditioning, electrical, generators, heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioners, air handlers, geothermal repair, humidifiers, thermostats, duct cleaning, maintenance, filters, air cleaners, restoration, fabrication, renovation, new home HVAC and electric construction, maintenance plans, refrigeration, freezers, coolers, ice machines, roof top units, gas lines & water heaters.