Lyons Electric Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since January 2009

Additional service areas - Mahoning County, Trumbull County, Columbiana County, Serving All Cities In The Three County Area. Please contact by phone. License #OHLICENSE24440...

03/02/2020

Awesome. Had a smoking hot breaker. Guys came out immediately and replaced the whole box with a brand new board in only a couple of hours. They were very pleasant and very professional.Great company.

Description of Work
Replaced fuse box; repaired outlet

04/07/2019

Rich Lyons is the most honest man out there. He treated us like family and advised us of items that we didn't realize at the time would be very important with the electrical needs of an older home and new construction with a mother in-law suite. He is amazing with older folks and his entire crew is responsive and thorough. I would not use anyone but him.

Description of Work
in-law suite

Category electrician,lighting

08/15/2017

I would consider using them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed some outlets for us in the basement. Upgraded our electrical box in the basement, it needed some upgrades. They also put some outlets on the outside porch as well.

01/31/2017

It went great! They identified the problem very quickly and had it fixed in a short amount of time! Lyons has a very knowledgeable and experienced group that surpasses any electrical company I have ever used in the past. The owner, Rich Lyons, is always available on each job! I call them for all our electrical needs!

Description of Work
Outside electrical

Category electrician,lighting

07/27/2016

Overall great experience. Fast. Courteous. Competitively priced. Would definitely use them again. Completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed a switch in the basement, tested and repaired the connection for a light fixture.

12/17/2015

very well, they arrived before they said they would. told me everything they would need to do finished the job very quickly and cleaned up all the mess

Description of Work
replace bathroom fan and plugs

10/09/2014

They did an excellent job. They worked very quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
He came out and tore out wiring from the whole house and replaced it. He also did work on the box upstairs and the outside box. He also installed a new box.

07/01/2014

We called Lyons Electric to have a roof fan connected to electrical service that was previously installed by our roofer. They arrived an hour and a half after the time promised. After looking at the fan, the technician Terry told me that it's not the type of roof fan that he usually works on. He suggested that I get a roofer (because they won't actually install the fan themselves) to remove this (brand new) fan and get a model that he is used to. This made absolutely no sense! He then said that he could try to work with the existing fan, but might need to replace the motor (???) and that if he couldn't get it to work, I would still need to pay him for his effort. After discussing with my spouse, we called the owner Richard who told us that he was too busy for such a small job. We told him we would look elsewhere.

Description of Work
He came over to connect a newly installed roof fan to the electric.

02/25/2014

I was calling electricians because my 86 year-old mother's furnace was not running because the breaker kept shutting off. I called Lyons Electric and was told that they could come out that afternoon to check out the problem, since it was cold at night and her house was freezing. I gave them her name, phone number and specific directions to her home. They said they would call my mom when they were on their way. Well, they never called, not even the next day. I would have continued to call other electricians to find one that could come out that day if I had known that they would not get back with us one way or th

Description of Work
We did not hire this provider because they never called back or came out.

11/21/2012

3-man team arrived promptly at 8:00 as scheduled and immediately started working. Rick Lyons arrived shortly thereafter. We have two small dogs, which we isolated in two rooms. Whenever the electricians needed to go through the rooms, they carefully closed the doors. They acted professionally and respectfully the entire day. As, with any job, they encountered some difficulties and setbacks, but Rick stayed on the job all day to make sure everything was done right. At the end of the day, the encountered a problem with the GFI breaker, but installed a normal breaker temporarily so that the tub could be filled and heated (but with dire warnings about not trying to use the tub overnight). They arrived first thing the next morning and installed the GFI breaker to complete the job. The electrical inspector came the following week, and said that everything they did was perfect, from the top of the house, to the wiring on the hot tub. The inside of the panel looks perfect - like a textbook picture on how to wire a panel. I am pleased with the work they performed and will use them again.

Description of Work
Upgraded to 150 amp service, replaced breaker panel, external wiring, meter box and wiring to panel. Ran 50 amp 220v service to hot tub in screened porch behind detached garage. Added GFI breaker and box for hot tub. The final bill exactly matched the original estimate.

Category electrician

Residential specializing in electric upgrades, wiring older homes to bring them up to code, new construction, additions, new garages, in-ground/above ground swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, landscape lighting, outdoor lighting, gfci receptacle for outside of home/landscape areas, 240 volt new electric range runs, 240 volt new electric dryer runs & air conditioning lines on separate.