Boak & Sons Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since January 2010

75 Victoria Rd

Youngstown, OH 44515

Boak & Sons was established in 1974 as a small insulation company by Sam Boak while he was only a senior in high school. With the high energy costs of the 70’s, we expanded early on into the roofing business. We offered economical roof installations through cutting edge technology and equipment, allowing customers to recoup even more in energy savings. Now, we serve both residential and commercial customers to provide quality customer service from Cleveland, Ohio to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and everywhere in between. Our services have also expanded to include sheet metal, siding and gutters along with roofing and insulation. Our company lives by two simple rules: 1. Safety is always first and 2. Never, ever, EVER cut a corner. With over 150 employees serving our customers, these rules help us achieve superior customer service as well as a work environment that gives our employees a safe place to call home. To learn more about the President and Founder of Boak & Sons, Sam Boak, visit www.boakandsons.com....

06/11/2021

janet M.

Was called to replace our flat roof which when husband looked at it he immediately said call Boak it needs replaced. (Lifting, swelling etc obvious). Bill came out to give us date for new roof we wanted, he stated it is fine he would not replace it. My husband told me at that time we need to find someone else because it is bad. side note husband retired Ins. agent, Home Insection Agent for Major Co. Results: We had leak in roof/damage. They did come out temp patched but lied about damage existing when he Inspected it only couple months earlier. So Game Over ! ADVICE: Get a separate Inspect from qualified Inspector. They have always done superior work in the past but you are who represents you in my book. Too bad. Get your own Inspection then call them to do the work my advice if you need the work.

Description of Work
Flat roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/12/2018

D D.

I had a very small job to be completed, and Boak was the only one who was even interested in getting it done for me (good luck calling the other "gutter installation" listings from anywhere). Bill and his crew were first class from my initial call, through scheduling and completing the job. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
gutter section replacement

Category gutter repair

02/05/2018

Donald D.

It went really good. I'm planning to have them back out soon for some other work.

Description of Work
They installed new gutters.

Category gutter repair

01/17/2018

Mark W.

Excellent Job. Very Professional. An A. Clean up at the end was a B-. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Full Roof replacement.

We appreciate your business. We always strive for excellence and we apologize for falling short of your expectations on the clean-up. Please keep us in mind for any future siding, window, or gutter work you may need!

08/28/2017

Elwood G.

Work went very well, they also cleaned up all the old roofing and siding.

Description of Work
Boak installed new roofing on our home and also installed new siding.

Category roofing, siding

08/11/2017

Nancy M.

Worked with us to schedule around our vacation. Workers were very professional, cleaned up nightly. Did a great job, we were very happy with the work.

Description of Work
vinyl siding on house

05/24/2017

Rita S.

Perfect, see above for this answer.

Description of Work
I moved into an old house with no insulation. They blew it into the walls all around, but noted that an addition didn't need it. I was impressed because anouther company told me the addition needed it.! They also came back several years later in did the addition I had built on. They are very good.

Category insulation

We love having repeat customers! We always strive to give a very honest assessment of the work needed without cutting corners. Thank you for your kind words.

04/27/2017

Christine G.

The work is exceptional. The siding is matched to the house, it is level and secure and every inch of the work area was clean and neat when the workers left. The workers were professional and polite and punctual. This is our second time for hiring Boak and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Boak replaced the siding and roofing on my husband's workshop.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Thank you so much for choosing Boak & Sons! We take pride in doing great work. If you ever need additional roofing, gutters, or insulation work done keep us in mind. Again, thanks!

01/30/2017

Brian R.

Initially a salesman came out and told me they could blow insulation in above my drop ceiling and no holes need to be drilled. I was on vacation when the workers came to do the work and they drilled 2 inch diameter holes in my drywall at eye level between each stud. I was dissatisfied because I had to pay $1500 to have my office painted after the insulation was blown in. This is a cost I had not budgeted for and was disappointed the salesman didn't know this.

Description of Work
Insulation blown in walls

Category insulation

Dear Sir: We had a hard time finding your insulation records, because the work was done in April of 2012, nearly five years ago! Sometimes, unforeseen conditions can slightly change the scope of the work on renovation/repair jobs. It looks like this was an insurance job done through Allstate, any additional work required may have subsequently been covered under your claim. We apologize for any confusion or miscommunication that may have occurred during the process. We hope you would reconsider using us again if you ever have the need. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and would never intentionally mislead any customer for any reason.

12/30/2016

Jack H.

Excellent service. They were able to come out the next day, arrived on time, evaluated and fixed the leak. Very professional, told me of a masonry problem with the chimney and gave me a referral to a mason.

Description of Work
Repaired a roof leak around the chimney.

03/23/2016

Ryan L.

Love doing business with Boak. They have done both our insulation and gutters, and I'm inquiring on some additional siding work. All of my encounters with Boak (Larry & Bill) have been incredibly positive and prompt. Even if an immediate answer isn't available, they've done a great job communicating what the delay is and when I could expect to hear back. When it's time to do our roof (I have a rough estimate from them for it), I am almost positive I will do this work through them simply because of the quality of work provided with other services and their willingness to keep connected through the process. A big thank you to Boak for being a reliable contractor that we can trust. It's tough to come by these days, and as a customer, I appreciate it.

Description of Work
Insulated main attic + addition, put new gutter on one side of addition.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing

Can't thank you enough for choosing Boak & Sons again! We love our repeat customers and pride ourselves in building lasting relationships. Thank you again!

12/30/2015

Gary G.

The work performed was good. The problem that I had with this provider was the timeliness of getting the work completed. I must have called Boak and Son's 10+ times to get the service scheduled. Once I was scheduled, it took 4-6 weeks to actually get the work completed. I also have a siding issue that I asked them to look at and possibly fix, but they forgot. I'm hesitant to reach back out or call due to how difficult it was to get them to my home in the first place. Nice guys once you get a hold of them.

Description of Work
The provider installed a new gutter on the rear of my house, cleaned all gutters, and installed gutter guards all around.

Category gutter repair, insulation, siding

We would first like to thank you for sticking with us during your repair process. We are delighted that you were pleased with the quality of our work and that our sales force and workforce treated you with the respect that all of our clients deserve. We are certainly looking into this lengthy delay. I am certain that geography played a huge part in this issue. We only self perform all of our work and often times this causes back-ups. Thank you again for your patience and we hope that if you have any issues in the future that we can have a chance to redeem ourselves.

08/17/2015

michael P.

They did not provide an estimate for roofing and did not perform any service.

Description of Work
A young man came to view my home and stated that he would provide a roofing estimate via satellite. When I did not hear from Boaks in a few days, I called and left a message for the estimator. I called again due to not having received a response and received no response. I later learned from another company that a satellite estimate cannot be done of my roof because my home is encompassed by trees.

06/16/2015

Ron C.

All completed in one day with no recalls.

Description of Work
Blew insulation in the attic areas. Added bathroom air vents to the outside. Caulked foam insulation in several areas of the basement.

Category handyman service, insulation

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve your homes insulation. We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience. We stand behind the quality of materials and workmanship of each and every job. Your investment should pay off with your energy savings.

05/18/2015

Robin C.

Didn't show up for scheduled appointment. When I called them they promised to be out the next week. That was a month ago and I am still waiting. Very Unprofessional. Will never call them again. I don't have to beg for service there are plenty more contractors out there.

Description of Work
Was supposed to fix gutters.

Category gutter repair, insulation

At Boak & Sons, we pride ourselves in customer service. All of our estimators are trained and instructed to return every call within a 24 hour period. We are truly shocked that this happened. After reading your review, we investigated our records, however, found no evidence of your call. All calls are not only logged in a call book, but also written on a call slip which is given to the appropriate estimator. If there is any misunderstanding regarding customer service, Sam Boak, the owner of Boak & Sons is always available to address any problem or situation. We apologize for this unpleasant experience, but can assure you that this is an exception, not our standard for customer service.

03/09/2015

Joseph M.

Plan on using service in the spring

Description of Work
Estimate for gutters on back porch

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing

Thank you for contacting us and giving us the opportunity to provide your gutter estimate. We look forward to completing the job. We appreciate that you took the time for your feedback!

11/12/2014

Mary M.

They helped me get a rebate on my insulation and help with all paper work.

Description of Work
They put insulation in the attic and laundry room.

Category insulation

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our business. We are pleased you received excellent service. The Dominion program is an excellent way to upgrade your home and save money in the form of rebates and lower energy bills.

09/25/2014

Linda H.

I've always been happy with them. They did a good job. It's a very large house so it was a very reasonable price. They're very honest. I would use this provider again in the future.

Description of Work
They did my bathroom. They added installation to my attic and bath holes and then they did air filling.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our recent opportunity to serve you. We pride ourselves with happy customers and appreciate the positive feedback.

04/05/2014

Mary K.

there was almost a 30 day delay in getting the work done, primarily because the young man who came for the first estimate was not paying attention to me as he walked and talked. I couldn't keep up (walk with a cane) and didn't hear all he said. He took a non-response to be a 'no' on the question 'do you want the walls done' which I was too far behind to hear. That meant another person had to come out later and give an estimate for the additional work. Eventaully it was all straightened out and the work done in the best order of progression and with no other problems and very professionally. They were fast, efficient, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
blown in insulation in attic to R49 and in walls with holes cut into the soffit and covered with vents, hoses run from 2 ceiling ventilation fans to roof vents

Category insulation, roofing, siding

10/27/2013

Carl P.

It went very well, very professional promt on arrival and cleaned up after the job was completed. Would recommend them to any freinds.

Description of Work
Blowed in insulation in the out side walls.

Category insulation

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate you!

10/14/2013

Janet S.

I have not used Boak and Sons as of yet but will in the future. I made an appointment and Larry came to my house to give me an estimate. He was very professional and friendly. He did a thorough walk through of my house from the basement to the attic and provided me with an overall estimate of how much it would cost to complete the insulation job. I thought the price was very affordable. I thanked him for my estimate and I will go with this company when I am ready to insulate my house.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate for insulation services.

Category insulation

We look forward to working with you

10/10/2013

Stephen B.

all good, they were not the lowest bid or the highest

Description of Work
estimate for roof replacement

We appreciate your taking the time to give us a review and look forward to working with you. Please give us a call if we can help you out in the future. Thanks again.

10/07/2013

Marquita K.

Boak & Son performed an excellent Home repair on my home, Under the Direction of Jay as the crew supervisor. I will use this team again, and recommend them to everyone. They worked well, cleaned up after work daily, showed up on time, worked a full day, very independent , very professional and honest. ?OUTSTANDING JOB?.

Description of Work
Siding,Gutters, and Shutters, and external home make over

Category gutter repair, insulation, siding, window treatments

We appreciate your taking the time to review Boak & Sons and look forward to working with you again on any future needs you may have. Jay is a great asset to our Boak Team. Thanks again.

09/24/2013

Stephen K.

Good work, guys knew their job.

Description of Work
replaced skylites with roofing

08/15/2013

Terri C.

They've done some work at my house by them. They are very good.

Description of Work
I have used Boak & Sons. I have had put insulation in by them. They put in my gutters too as well as leaf guards. They came out last summer to give me a roof estimate.

Category gutter repair, insulation

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi
    All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

Gutter Now

Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Installations, Gutter Guard Installation, Gutter Repairs, Ice Dam Removal, Roof Snow Removal! GET A QUOTE 234-274-1570 | WWW.GUTTERNOW.COM

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing Available

We specialize in the premium installation of roofing, insulation, siding, gutters, and sheet metal for commercial and residential projects. As a local company, we use in-house crews to complete on-site installations for projects from Cleveland, Ohio to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.