CB'S Fence & Decks

Founded 1998 • With Angi since April 2013

3.8

346 Bellbrook Ave.

Xenia, OH 45385

Professional fence and deck company specializing in custom built fencing and decking and providing great customer service making sure customers are completely satisfied with a great product installed by professionals . All work guaranteed we promise to take care of our customer's every need. Allow us to give you a free estimate for a great quality product....

11/09/2015

Roxanne W.

I found him on Angie's List. Trusted him to do the work he promised. Told him everything we wanted and the reasoning behind why we wanted to the fence installed (mainly to protect my dogs). He ended up taking longer than he had originally quoted but that was not a big deal. The problem happened after a few days after the work was completed. I noticed that were manly large gaps in the fence. I come home late during the week and I had noticed it right away. I was able to take pruning shears through one of the gaps and reach my lock on the other side. I called him a few times and he did not get back to me a few days later and he left me a message that said this was normal because the wood was wet and over time it would dry and there would be many gaps. I called a few other service providers about this and they told me they would never sell wet wood because of the chemicals that would be in the wood. Really disappointment.

Description of Work
Fencing

07/22/2015

David Y.

Description of Work
They took my deposit and that was back in May of this year, had three phone conversation, 2 I initiated 1 they called me. Trying to get a refund have not been able to yet. No services have been started or completed. Considering leagual action if refund is not soon

07/06/2015

Kerry S.

05/23/2015

Craig M.

Thought I had made a good choice. However never finished everything that was promised. My deck stairs did not pass city inspection and now my fence is leaning. He said he stood by his work however I can't even get him to return my phone calls. Basically I am left holding the bag and having to pay for repairs out of pocket. If anything else goes wrong _ will be paying for those too since he won't even return a phone call. Don't pay till work is 1000% done. When writing up a contract make sure you protect yourself and get everything covered. You have zero guarantee because he will not call you back. The first time he misses an appointment or reshedules or fails to fulfill a promise _ let that be a sign on how to proceed. He never finished - his work failed city inspection- I have leaning deck posts before 1 yr has passed and he will not return my call. All the warning signs were there but I was naive and ignored them. He is not trustworthy or reliable. Do your research. Angie List is very good. Do other searches before you spend your hard earned money.

Description of Work
Built wood deck and installed vinyl fence.

Category decks, fencing

04/27/2015

Tracy O.

built fence and looks good , however the old post were not taken care of as promised. some boards missing nails and have several exposed nails that missed their target. worked late into the night using headlights of truck always started later than agreed upon time causing some complaints of neighbors due to nail guns running after dark still ave a few problems that were supposed to be fixed 2 weeks ago. owner will promise things that don't happen I gave him the time to make things right and now i will fix them myself tired of the broken record ( we will take care of that) he has my money now so I will fix the problems myself. look for a professional and save yourself some problems

Description of Work
built privacy fence

Category fencing

Tracy I apologize that it took so long to get things completed on the fence job I understand that things should have been taken care of in a timely manner and I am deeply sorry and I apologize for that and , I know you gave me a couple of weeks and that there were just a few minor problems , I have been up there and things are taken care of know, but once again I am sorry for feeling as if I let you down but should you have any other issues with the fence just call and I will come runnin to take care of whatever is wrong with the fence .Thanks again for allowing me to build the fence and I hope some how we have made things right , sincerely Mike , CB's Fence & Decks

04/13/2015

Devin B.

He went above and beyond, making the calls and getting the permit to make sure we had the right measurements for city allowances regarding the location of the fence. Everyone was courteous and professional. We're very pleased with the job they did and would recommend CB's to anyone who wants a professional job with a more reasonable cost! Thanks!

Description of Work
Mark and his guys took out all the old fencing, filed in the holes nicely, and installed a 6' privacy fence.

12/18/2014

Gwendolyn A.

Description of Work
We have an aging privacy fence that needed a number of repairs (new posts, slats, etc.) Mike of CB's Fence came by for an estimate during which he pointed out both items that needed immediate repair and items that could wait. The work itself was really well done (much better than another company we had used previously). Mike is honest, professional and super friendly. I will definitely be using CB's again.

05/22/2014

Katherine D.

He was excellent! Mike showed up when expected and completed the job within two day as we agreed. He was very knowledgeable about all the different types of fencing materials (cedar, plastic, pine). He installed about 353 feet of fencing. He gave us a good price and was very easy to work with. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Mike installed a wood fence with two gates.

10/07/2013

James C.

Fair price, good work. Having Mike back for additional work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced 2 fence posts and cross support. Pointed out additional areas of concern and allowed me to decide what I wanted to have done.

Category driveway gates

08/14/2013

Dan T.

first colonoscopy, guess it went well. I was asleep though out the procedure of course. Only complaint I had was the doc didn't meet with me in person afterwards and let me know what, if anything, was found. I was left to guess that all was ok after the procedure and lab analysis of samples. Considering that a problem I was having brought me in to see her, it would have been nice to know up-front what she found. I was a Caresource patient so perhaps this is the service level that such patients receive. Did schedule a follow up but not much more info was given. My primary care doctor was not alerted to any of the findings either. The drug she prescribed did take care of my symptoms...that is why I ended up giving her an A for professionalism.

Description of Work
colonoscopy

Category fencing

This review obviously placed in the wrong area of work .

08/10/2013

Robert S.

Mike and his crew were all you could ask for in a fence builder. He explained all facets of the work when he came to make the estimate, making sure there would be no uncertainties about exactly what would be done and how it would be accomplished. Even though the schedule wasn't important to us, Mike had his crew work long hours to catch up when the materials supplier made a delivery one day later than planned. They even removed the old agricultural fence and the weeds around it at no extra cost to us, which was no small feat. We had thought we'd need to do that ourselves. They evn hauled the old fence away. With all of this they still remained the lowest of the two bids we had received. The quality and workmanship of the fence is great. I know from having done this sort of work before. I would recommend CB's to anyone wanting a fence installed.

Description of Work
Built a privacy fence.

Category fencing, driveway gates

05/10/2013

Emily C.

Mike came out to give me an estimate within just a few days of our first contact. He called ahead and was punctual. I found his written price quote to be very reasonable, and he informed me of exactly how he would build the fence. He started work within a week, finished it in only two days (including setting the posts in concrete). My fence looks great, seems very sturdy, and he stuck with his very first estimate. Nice guy, great work, reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Installed privacy fence over concrete and completed a section of fence that was left unfinished by previous owner.

Automatic Gates Plus

Automatic Gates Plus provides automatic gate and fencing service and installation that provides beauty, security and privacy throughout the Tri-State Area of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Wood gates and fencing, decorative wrought iron gates and fencing, aluminum gates and fencing, security gates and fencing, as well as all automatic gate access controls are available. All of our gates and fencing are custom made. Call today for your free estimate for your home or business!

Square Footage

Specializing in hardscape design and installation. Let us make your backyard dreams come true with paver patios, walkways, retaining walls and more. Our business is owner operated and takes pride in working with our clients from start to finish and everywhere in between. http://squarefootage.design

Lebanon Lawn & Landscape

Lebanon Lawn and Landscape is a Lebanon Ohio Full Service Lawn & Landscape Company. We are a locally owned company that serves every Client with great pride. All of our employees are also from the local area and take community pride in their work. Our business model is based on completely satisfying every customer, this we are dedicated to. We offer the same pride & quality in the smallest job as we do with the largest lawn makeover! We are only satisfied when you are!

Sales and installation of Chain link fence, Privacy fence, Picket fence, Vinyl fence, PVC fence Aluminum fence, Agricultural fence custom built fences ,composite decks , wood decks ,handrails We also do repairs on fences and decks.

ask for details