1 GR Builders

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2013

1GR Builders is a complete design-build-remodel firm located in Columbus Ohio. Trust / Value / Innovation. These are the driving principles that we adhere to with each and every engagement. We strive to be professional, respectful, dedicated, honest, and accountable with everyone we meet and

4.4

4.4

flooring (70)tile installation (23)home remodeling (20)woodworking (16)plumbers (9)countertop installation (8)drywall (6)interior painting (5)insulation (5)hardwood floors (4)basement remodeling (2)bathtub refinishing (5)

09/14/2022

Neda D.

**** Adding to my review**** Dont use this company unless you want to put your life and your familys life at risk. There was a gas leak in my home due to improper install of a gas stove. Told about 5 members of the team I smell gas and I am afraid to use the stove and they laughed it off. Ended up calling the gas company one night bc the smell was so strong. Had to evacuate the house and they ended up turning off the gas bc there was in fact a leak. 3 months of living with that and the funny thing is I hired a plumber and he told me the gas line wasnt even screwed or sealed. The GC thought I would be ok with him coming to fix it. All i could think of is what if I never called and or how hard would it have been to check the gas line after the multiple times of me saying I smell gas.***** List goes on and on The service and quality of work is very unprofessional. The lack of detail doing a home remodel was insane. The owner will just throw a price out to see if you take it. Then they charge you more to fix their mistakes. Look how close the toilet is to the tub. You had a gc a pm, flooring contractor and plumbers in that bathroom and not one person said oh thats too close to the tub we need to move the plumbing. When i took this picture and sent to the group chat one of the employees said well you selected a bigger tub than the original. 2 inches wider.... regardless you approve it as a contractor you plan accordingly. Outcome if you are wondering $2500 to move the toilet and center it. Mind you nobody pointed out how close it is. I had too the list goes on and on. I will leave more reviews with pic and text replies from co. Do not use them

Description of Work
full house remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

Review for 1 GR Builders - 6740 Huntley Rd, Worthington, OH - 39871146

06/09/2020

Andy R.

It was very good. They were professional. They paid attention to details. They were timely. If there were problems, they would come back to fix it.

Description of Work
They did bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

01/22/2018

LEAH N.

They scheduled an appt with us while we were shopping at Floors & Decor. The man was over 2 hours late for the appt. They wanted $25.00 up front cash for the measurement - he took the measurements and said he would get back with my husband with the measurements and how much flooring and etc. was needed. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN.

Description of Work
We are wanting to put in wood or other type flooring..

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

12/27/2017

Lisa S.

The job never happened because we could not get past the estimate process.

Description of Work
We had GR1 come out for an estimate. They called at their appointment time and said that they wouldn't be able to make it, so we rescheduled for the next day. When they did come out, the estimate had no information aside from the price, and the square footage was off by at least 200 square feet. I have reached out several times for information but have not been able to reach anyone.

Work Completed On 12/26/2017

10/31/2017

Melinda S.

It went very well since the timing was important to us because we are not here year round. As in any remodeling project there were hiccups for delivery of product or product quality but Randy (the owner) was always available to us. He not only was available to discuss but was very willing to work with us on their work schedule and the work to be performed. His crews were very professional and did very good work. Several of them we were comfortable enough with allowing them access to our home without us being there. In the end of this construction journey we not only have a beautiful remodeled home but feel that we have solid relationship with a contractor who has become a friend and "go to contractor" for our life.

Description of Work
We had extensive home remodeling of Kitchen, three bathrooms, hardwood floor replacement, tile in Master Bathroom, plumbing in bathrooms and kitchen, electrical work throughout, laundry room remodel, full Master Bedroom suite and Master Bathroom remodel, knockdown of major wall between Kitchen and Great Room and new custom solid Oak doors through out the house.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

Thank you very much for the kind works and great review. It was a pleasure working with you and know that we appreciate you as a client and friend as well.

10/30/2017

Patrick W.

1 GR Builders did a tremendous job. They provided insight into the appropriate flooring product and were of expert assistance in selecting and purchasing the correct materials. The installation work was very professionally done and all timeframes were precisely adhered to. Their estimate was accurate and they were responsive to the point that they texted (or called if requested) back within seconds. Their crew was polite and worked quietly and diligently. My wife and I highly recommend them and would enlist their services again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
1 GR Builders installed new flooring in our hallway, bathroom, kitchen, dining room and living room. It was a large scale home project (as far as we were concerned) and a big investment . . . thankfully, they could not have done a better job!

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Thank you for the kind works and "A" review. If you ever need anything else just let us know. We appreciate your business and and of course any recommendations. It's alway great to hear from a happy client. Thanks again.

10/27/2017

Jeanette B.

This company is an A+ for me. Very timely, professional and reliable from start to finish. Project Manager Mike C. Was very instrumental in coordinating my two projects.

Description of Work
Used 1GR Builders twice for flooring needs. Also interior painting.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

It was a pleasure working with you again. We always appreciate repeat business and wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us an awesome review on Angie's List. Please keep us in mind for all of your future remodeling needs.

10/26/2017

Mark E.

well done; responsive to needs, quick to complete job

Description of Work
Flooring, doors, painting, trim, baseboards

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

Thank you very much for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you and your wife and if you ever need anything else in the future please just let me know. Thanks again.

06/21/2017

Nakesha K.

This was the second contractor I hired to install backsplash, and unfortunately 1 GR builders had to address the mistakes previously made (i.e. huge holes in my dry walls and partially removed old backsplash). 1 GR Builders did an amazing job. I cannot put in words how considerate and efficient they were and finished in 1 day!! The final product is amazing

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

Review for 1 GR Builders - 6740 Huntley Rd, Worthington, OH - 35299217

Thank your for taking the time to review us on this site. Glad to hear that everything went smooth and you happy with the work completed. Thank you again of your business and we look forward to working on the bathroom remodel and lighting with you in the near future. If you ever need anything just give me a call at 614-207-7518. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future. - Mike

06/18/2017

Lorna B.

The installers that arrive from 1 GR builders did a great job. They were very professional and very polite. They arrived on time and finished the job on time in the time frame that they had given. They made sure after the job was complete that like the installation and if we had any problems they would go ahead and fix it before they left. I will definitely work with this company again. They made the experience very smooth and easy.

Description of Work
We had decided to switch from carpet to hardwood flooring and and we needed our flooring to be installed as soon as possible.

Category hardwood floor, insulation

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

Thanks for choosing 1 GR Builders! Also thank you for the kind words and taking the time and reviewing us on Angie's List. We appreciate your business and if you ever need anything else just give me a call at: 614-207-7518 . Thanks again an hopefully we will work together in the future when you are ready to continue the flooring in the bedrooms. - Mike

05/25/2017

Angela F.

I truly couldn't be happier with the work 1GR Builders performed in my home. All staff and crews involved in my project were knowledgeable, understanding, accommodating, hardworking, courteous and respectful. This is a professional group I would certainly hire again.

Description of Work
Wood Plank Porcelain Tile Flooring Baseboard Installation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

Review for 1 GR Builders - 6740 Huntley Rd, Worthington, OH - 35115783

Thank you very much for the kind words, the great review & for adding the additional tile work for the 2nd floor bathroom to your original job. Last but not least I also want to thank you for re-hiring us a second time to install tile in your master bedroom and install the 3 new toilets as well. Thanks again, it was a pleasure working with you during both jobs and we look forward to working on your master bathroom remodel in the near future. 1 GR Builders

05/03/2017

Denise C.

very well - very cooperative and flexible on my limited budget. I was able to pull items off to complete myself and they were amazingly helpful. Excellent to work with!

Description of Work
renovation and flooring

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Thanks for choosing 1 GR Builders! it was a pleasure working with you and glad we were able to accommodate your wants & needs all while still staying within your budget. If you ever need anything please feel free to give us a call. 1 GR Builders 614-288-0886

04/22/2017

SHAUN S.

The workers punctual professional and committed to do good quality work

Description of Work
I needed laminate flooring put down

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/19/2017

Thank you for your business and of course the awesome review. It was a pleasure having you as a client and we look forward to working with you on your next project when we get to remove that wall between your living room & kitchen as well as the ceiling work. Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day for this review. When your ready just give me a call at 614-207-7518 .

04/22/2017

KEVIN S.

I contacted this company because they were the preferred installer for Floor and Decor. They showed up on time for the estimate and the woman who came out to take measurements was friendly and professional. After this, things did not go well. She took measurements on Saturday and told me I'd have the estimate on Monday. Monday came and went with no estimate. I called several times after that, and each time I spoke with someone, they promised I'd receive the estimate by X date and time. Never once did they contact me when they said they would. When I approved the estimate and tried scheduling installation, it was the same story. Every time I managed to speak with someone in the office they treated me as a nuisance, rather than a customer whose business they wanted. Finally I got fed up with them and cancelled everything. Advice to owners: I understand that you're busy and things come up where you can't meet promised dates, but you really need to work on your communication and follow-up with customers.

Description of Work
Performed measurements and provided estimate for tile tub surround and ceramic floor tile installation in bathroom.

Work Completed On 03/22/2017

I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with trying to schedule your installation with our company. I see you actually did schedule the installation date and even made your 50% deposit as well but then cancelled the job prior to install and we refunded your deposit. Again, I apologize that things did not go smooth during the scheduling process and totally understand your frustration and would probably feel the same way if the roles were reversed. I will definitely make sure to work on our customer service dept. to try and make sure that things like this do not happen in the future. If there is anything we can do to correct this situation please feel free to call me directly. Below is my info: 1 GR Builders 614-288-0886

03/30/2017

Allison A.

Thanks to the 1 GR Builders team for installing new flooring into my condo a week before move-in. They did a fantastic job and were very flexible to meet my scheduling needs. The room looks so much better now, and I really appreciate the great work the team did!

Description of Work
Installed new wood flooring in living room

Work Completed On 03/24/2017

01/25/2017

Amanda C.

Did not show up for scheduled estimate. Never was able to get ahold of them and never received a call back.

Description of Work
Had an estimate scheduled for installing tile.

Work Completed On 01/16/2017

I'm sorry however I think you may be mistaken. We have no record of ever having an estimate scheduled with you at anytime. In fact we have no record of ever speaking with you, exchanging emails or any other forms of communication between you and our company 1 GR Builders. In fact we don't even have your name, any information about you at all in any of our systems, calendars or emails excluding the above information that you have just provided in this false Angie's List review. We would appreciate if you would please change or remove this "F" rating that you gave our company 1 GR Builders considering that your information is inaccurate and untrue. I would like to thank you ahead of time for hopefully fixing this situation.

12/15/2016

Melissa M.

While we received other quotes from out installers, the project manager from 1 GR impressed us with how knowledgeable and thorough she was. She pointed out possible issues and needs that the other installers did not, and took the time to educate me on every step of the project, from what kind of wood would hold up best over time, to other materials we would need to complete the project. The installers were nice, professional and easy to work with. They moved all of our furniture and tore out three types of flooring (vinyl, carpet and bamboo) in record time. They were detailed and thorough and did an amazing job. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out!

Description of Work
We hired 1 GR Builders to tear out existing flooring in the main level of our home and install new hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

Thank you very much for the kind review. We appreciate your business, glad we could be of service to you and look forward to working with you in the future. - 1 GR Builders

10/07/2016

GARLAND H.

Quality was outstanding but very hard to get a response from

Description of Work
Remolded a bathroom, quality is outstanding but they are very hard to get a response from if you have any questions

Category bathtub refinishing, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

Thank you for the the good review. We will make sure to work on responding to our clients in a more timely fashion. We appreciate your business and please keep us in mind for all of your future remodeling needs.

09/01/2016

Rebecca S.

The service provided by 1 GR builders was EXCEPTIONAL! Everything went smoothly from the beginning to end . My bathroom looks like it came out of a magazine. Mike Cofane was awesome at throwing ideas around when I wasn't sure what direction to go in. The company really understood and took the time to get to know my style . The tile work was done with precision and consistency . Staff was always punctual, organized, and efficient . 1 GR builders does true quality work. If I ever had any questions the company was more than happy to answer. If I had any concerns the communication was great. I would hire again if I ever needed another project done ! Highly recommended .

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

08/26/2016

James H.

Fixed wood floors in back and front living rooms from a prior water damage incident. Was able to save good wood from dining room to use in both place. Also had them install all new trim(highly decorative) along entire 1st floor. Very professional and spent the time doing the job right. One guy shaved several pieces of hardwood flooring to get the fit just right in the repair. Cannot even tell the floor was repaired and matches the rest of the floor. :) Decided to have them install T-molding between wood floors and porcelain tile that I had installed from prior hard wood floors that had been damaged. Then had step molding installed to back living room between tile and hardwood. Finally, had them install all new trim on 1st floor. Again spent time and cut and pieced together the trim throughout the rooms. The corners and transition area were completed perfectly and we have decided to have them come back in the near future to complete trim(upstairs) and replace all interior doors. Also like to add that they were the installers several years ago of the 1st floor hardwood floors. Repairs were from water heater leak and not from anything installed wrong. VERY HAPPY with their work! If you get a chance and you work with Mike on estimate or project ideas, he is very passionate about renovations and have time you should see some of his own renovations he has worked on in his own home. BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT work!

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 07/20/2016

08/25/2016

Vicki P.

It went as well as this sort of project could go with problems, not the installers fault at all, could go. An old home poorly kept up with hidden defects was the cause so I had to adjust my vision to fit the situation. I truly love my old home, quirks & all, but it was great having Mike help me with the choices I had to make!

Description of Work
Complex job (home built 1860 & expansion in 1970) as many problems were incountered from previous poor construction; such as, uneven floors & rotten ones underneath. There was also no place for a w/d so we had to figure out how to get that in, fix plumbing, etc. So removal of sub floor & cheap peeling/slanting top floor but running new pipes from the cellar to top floor for washer, venting to outside for dryer, etc. In other words, GR1 Builders is a complete package but Mike Cofan was the general contractor helping me from the beginning thru all the unexpected problems & my tight budget! They showed up when expected, etc.

Work Completed On 04/28/2016

08/25/2016

tony R.

it was painless, mike walked me thru the process each step of the project. He was extremely helpful, the basement is gorgeous

Description of Work
Complete refinish of basement

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/25/2016

08/23/2016

Shawn K.

I contracted 1GR to do a Kitchen/Bath/ Laundry room hardwood flooring install, and also to knock down a wall between the kitchen and family room. Previously, I had them install hardwood floors in every other room of my first floor (approximately 1500 sq. ft total). Extremely professional workers. Work effeciently and great attention to detail. Willing to stop and talk through things with you when you have questions/ concerns. This is the second project I have done with them and I will definately do more.

Description of Work
Kitchen flooring install, wall demo and reframing/drallwall, detailed trim woodwork

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/23/2016