Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2012

1927 Christmas Run Blvd

Wooster, OH 44691

We are a trenchless sewer and water contractor specializing in Pipe Bursting and Pipe Relining. We also do high pressure sewer cleaning, sewer snaking, and camera inspection. We offer a free mainline camera inspection with every estimate, at no cost and no obligation....

04/15/2020

Uriah M.

It was great. I have used them for several jobs. The team at Underground connections is always very responsive and informative when they are on the job. They have never tried to oversell me.

Description of Work
drain cleaning, down spouts cleaned

04/07/2020

Phil S.

First, they used a camera on the sewer and revealed a lot of mysteries. They also showed me where an underground roof drain went at no charge. They were willing to dig up the concrete, mate new PVC plumbing to the tile and also lined a place where the tile was cracked. They repaired the concrete adequately, if not expertly. I am also aware that they used their camera on a neighbor's sewer and told them it was in very good condition, while a competitor tried to sell the neighbor on a $37,000 repair that was unnecessary.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair--150 year old house; broken/blocked tile drains

Category plumbing

01/13/2020

Dana M.

They did an amazing job. Very thorough and descaled the sewer pipes.

Description of Work
Sewer Cleaning

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

We appreciate your kindness [Member Name Removed]!

10/28/2019

Lauren C.

I am so happy with Underground Connections. I’ve had them come out twice for slow sewer lines, and each time they came out on short notice, were super kind and explained how everything worked, showed me the problems they were fixing with their scope cameras, cleaned up when they were done and were incredibly kind. Thanks to the team! Would absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
Sewer Cleaning

Category sewer cleaning

08/06/2019

Isamu K.

I couldn't say enough high praises for this company. Our sewer line started to backup, and Underground Connections was the second company we called. When the first company came in, they did a rather superficial exploration. Our clean-out was in the crawl space, but they declined to go down there or try to figure out how the piping was laid down. As a result, they misdiagnosed the problem and gave us an estimate of approximately $1400. When their solution failed, they proposed a heavy-handed alternative, which involved ripping out concrete pavement just outside the house. The work would have cost us close to $9000 if not more. This was enough to lose confidence in that company which we have used several times in the past. This is when I called the Underground Connections. When their technicians came in, I explained the situation to one of them. He went down to the crawl space with me, listened carefully to what I had to say, thought about it, contemplated various possibilities, and proposed an approach that was most unpleasant (dirty/smelly) for him but most effective in solving the actual problem. The work was set to take place two days from this initial visit. To my surprise, they were able to come back the very next day (one day earlier than what we originally scheduled) and take care of the issue in well under two hours. The total cost was $400! Beyond the saving, we are extremely impressed by their work ethics and willingness to help us in the very stressful situation. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sewer drain cleaning

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

We appreciate your kind words [Member Name Removed]! It was our pleasure to help you through a stressful situation. Thank you for choosing Underground Connections!

07/18/2019

Katherine G.

They were great. Always professional and helpful, answered all of my questions (and my young kids' questions). They took their time with me and didn't pressure into more work than was needed. Their price was very fair. (I got 3 addition quotes after a big name national company that rhymes with Woto Wooter quoted $40,000...) They did exactly what they said they would, and when they said they would do it. They even leveled out a spot that another company left when they dug up our yard three years ago. They were great to work with. I hope we don't need they're services again soon, but if we do we'll definitely be repeat customers.

Description of Work
Sewer line section repair and full sewer lining

Category excavators, drain pipe

We appreciate your positive feedback [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed working with you & it was great to see the kids fascination, we find this work pretty exciting too!

07/07/2019

Amit B.

Since we moved into our house two years ago, we've had 3 or 4 sewer backups. We've had the line opened and video taken by several different companies who could not determine whether we had offsets or cracked piping under our front steps that was causing our seemingly constant sewer line backups. Yet, we still got quotes from both trenchless and traditional sewer line repair/replacement companies to fix the trouble spot..quotes that ranged from $3,000 to $20,000+. Underground Connections wasn't the absolute cheapest but had the best communication and seemed to know exactly what they were doing. We scheduled the trenchless repair and Tom and his associate came out on a Sunday to do the patch. After clearing out the line with a sewer jet (like a high pressure washer for the sewer) and inspecting the area again before starting the repair, Tom determined that there's actually no line cracks and we simply have offsets that don't require any repair. He said we could very easily "fix" the ongoing issue by simply changing the toilet paper we use since that is what he noticed was getting caught and left behind in the line without properly dissolving. He ended up not doing the trenchless patch and suggested we perhaps video inspect the line again in a few months once we've switched to a toilet paper that dissolves easier than Charmin. Super honest guys who were willing to turn away business since I really didn't need it once they did more diligence on the problem. I would absolutely recommend this company and work with them in the future. Not too many companies out there like this.

Description of Work
Sewer line repair

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Thank you for your positive review [Member Name Removed]! We strive to do a great job & be honest with all our customers. Thank you for calling Underground Connections!

03/04/2019

Jennifer R.

A couple years ago, I called to get a second opinion about what work was needed on my slightly damaged main sewer line after another company quoted me a extremely expensive repair. They came out (a long way), took a look, and told me that it didn't look like there was any immediate danger, and I should just keep an eye on it, and have it checked out every so often. They've been back once since to take another look. Saved me a *ton* of money.

Description of Work
Second opinion on main sewer line repair

09/19/2018

JACK and JUDY N.

It was excellent! They were on time, professional and explained everything well.

Description of Work
They cleaned the drain.

Category drain cleaning

04/10/2018

Kip M.

We're so glad we found Underground Connections! Our floor drains in our basement starting backing up during heavy rains. I first called a different emergency plumbing service that came out and augered the line but decided I did not want to work with that company. I found Underground Connections on Angie's list. Underground Connections was prompt to respond and schedule a camera and jetting service at a reasonable price. Tom was great from the very beginning. Took his time, kept things clean and explained what he was finding. He had some additional help as well since they were in the area. These gentlemen were also very professional. The were able to get the line to clear but it was discovered we had a break in the line. I appreciated that he did not jump to a conclusion until exploring a lot of options. Tom was great at explaining options and certainly steered me to the most cost effective solution. I promptly got the quote and it was very reasonable. They scheduled right away to make the repair. One of the other gentlemen that assisted Tom was the crew lead for the repair. Once again prompt and professional. They were respectful of our property protected the grass as much as they could from the excavator. They found the break but the line was not clearing. Tom came out with the camera and jetter and they found another break. This required them to return the next day to make the other repair. The additional cost for the additional break was extremely reasonable. In the end I have nothing but great things to say about my experience and will not hesitate to recommend and rehire Underground Solutions. I will plan to call them in the future for a jetting service just to keep things clear and avoid future surprises. As someone that works in the construction industry it is always a pleasure to run across a company like this.

Description of Work
Broken Sanitary Sewer Line

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

04/10/2018

Hitesh C.

We had an extremely pleasant experience working with Underground Connections and would surely hire them again. I found them to be professional, courteous and most importantly honest. They genuinely tried to help with our situation and did a solid job. I recommend them to anyone that I know who requires similar work. We had a brand new septic system installed on out property and discovered a crack in the sewer pipe underneath the foundation of the house during the process. We could not get the system approved by the county unless we fixed the pipe. We called a few providers who came to inspect and provide a quote but each one tried to take advantage of the situation and gave us quotes that were up to 7 times higher. When I found Underground Connections, I had no idea about the Company. The came in for inspection as promised, did not charge for the inspection which was surprising as I had paid another provider $400 for just an inspection. I received a written quote by the end of the day which was a fair estimate given the work and they told me they could come in next week to do it. The whole process was seamless and we could not be happier. Throughout the process Underground Connections kept us informed on timing and the details of the work to be performed. They never tried to price gouge us or take advantage of the situation in anyway. It felt like I was dealing with someone who appreciated the importance of good customer service.

Description of Work
Underground Sewer Pipe Repair

Category septic tank, drain pipe

12/01/2017

colleen G.

Hired a local plumbing company whose technicians couldn't get much beyond 5 feet outside the house. Gave me an estimate of over $5K to dig up the sewer line at that point and inspect. Hired Underground Connections who was able to push the camera about 75 ft out to some debris in the line. He jetted and camera recorded the line and voila! a clean, unbroken, no debris line from basement to main for $400! A savings of almost $5K. Whoo-hoo! So very grateful to the stranger I sat next to who referred me to Tom @ Underground Connections!

Description of Work
Camera / jet residential sewer line

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed]! Im looking forward to seeing your masterpiece when it's finished.

07/05/2017

Melissa J.

It went SO well, we got a quote very quickly. Then after we approved the quote they were able to get to work within the week. I was pleasantly surprised how was fast they were able to complete the project. They cleaned up after the project and we have had no issues with it.

Description of Work
We needed 50 ft. of our sewer line replaced and one of sewer access points removed. Then they added an access hole outside of our house for future clean out access.

05/28/2017

JENNIFER M.

Excellent! - wonderful service, responsive, fair. Have recommended to others and will use again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out underground sewers

04/02/2017

Jeff G.

Did a great job - the work was completed in a little over one day and left only a 6x6' dirt pile that will need new grass this spring. Tom is one of the nicest guys I have met. He couldn't schedule the job for about 3 weeks out but offered to come offer and clean the line in the meantime for free if I really needed it. I referred him to a colleague who raved about his generosity/politeness as well.

Description of Work
Pipe burst >100 ft of storm sewer to fix front drainage blockages.

02/09/2017

Lisa F.

Again Tom fixed our problem. Our pipes are clean and flowing to the city lines and we were able to repair our sons bathroom as well because of Tom's help and the money we didn't spend on sewer repair that we don't need at this time.

Description of Work
We were getting sewer backups in the basement. We weren't sure what the solution was but it had been going on for over six weeks with snaking and jetting the lines only temporarily fixing things. We had been told in the past by another company, that jetted and ran cameras through our lines for almost twice the cost of underground connections and about 1/4 the time spent at our home, that we had a bad pipe on a toilet that we should stop using or repair for $2200 as well as bellies in our line that could be fixed for nearly $12000. Tom came out 3 different times to our home, talking through options with us and eventually having us expose the main T in our basement. he then jetted from the inside explaining that the other times hadn't worked because they hadn't gotten to the bad roots directly under our garage, right outside of the house. Tom worked until the pipe was clean and then ran cameras through clean lines. He told us our toilet was fine and not using that bathroom had added to our problem because of less water flushing through our one line. As well, he told us that we did have long but not very deep bellies that would eventually would need replaced: he felt we could get much time out of them with proper care. He said he would come back in the summer to run the camera and his jetting was guaranteed for 1 year. We are so grateful to understand our sewer lines and to have found someone that we more than trust to repair them when it is truly necessary and for a fair price. We will call Underground Connections any time we need work that they do!

02/05/2017

ALISON S.

Working with Tom, Janet, and Meghan was great. They were extremely responsive, made sure very respectful of the neighbor's property, and they went above and beyond to do the job right. They were honest and seemed genuinely interested in doing a great job. This sewer line has had multiple problems and repairs in the past. Each time another large plumbing contractor was called in to perform the work. It was discovered by Underground Connections that the prior work performed by that contractor was not done properly. Underground Connections made sure that the work was done correctly this time. Tom and Janet worked closely with the City of Columbus and determined that an even more extensive repair (i.e. a pipe bursting and total replacement of approximately half the sewer line) was the best way to fix our current problem and to prevent future problems. Despite this more extensive repair, Underground Connections honored its original quote for services. Moreover, Underground Connections provided us with a Lifetime Guarantee. We were very pleased with the service we received from Underground Connections and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
There were multiple issues with a sewer line at our office in Columbus (an old home converted to an office) that ran under the property of our neighbor. There was a least one section of the pipe was broken and another section that was off line where a prior repair was made by another company. Initially, it was presumed that the work would require hand excavation of the broken section and replacement of the broken section and a re-line of the other problem section.

01/19/2017

cecilia M.

Tom and his crew were extremely helpful and worked through several unexpected issues and problems with hard work, good humor, and much kindness. They did exceptional work, they left my property in good shape, and I am very pleased with the whole experience. I don't think I could have found a better company. This type of work, sewer line replacement/liner installation, is costly, but I feel Underground Connection charged a very fair price, especially given the amount of work they performed. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
My sewer line was completely blocked by tree roots. I had minimal drainage. If I used much water or if I did laundry the basement drain backed up and I ended up with standing water in the basement.

11/19/2016

Tom G.

Tom and team were great. Tom offered three different options to repair/replace my clogged and disintegrated sewer line, and we chose the pipe bursting since it was the best drain solution for only a nominal premium over the other methods. Tom's crew showed up as scheduled and worked hard for 3 days to get the job done. They brought in heavy equipment but were able to work around my fence and a tree with no damage. They even took the time to dig up plants that would have been run over by the equipment, and replanted them after they were done. Part of the job was removing a small concrete patio at the excavation site, which turned out to be a bigger job than any of us expected. They handled it without complaint and refused to accept more $$ for the extra work. It was interesting watching the process and how it works. They dug a small hole in our basement floor, and a large hole in the back of our backyard, but in between nothing was bothered. It looked invasive at the time, but everything is restored beautifully and looks like nothing happened. They brought in a load of dirt and leveled everything at the excavation site making it easy for me to replant grass and trees. During the process the city inspector visited a couple times and it's clear Tom has a good relationship with them to ensure the job is done right. Kudos to Tom and team for their hard work and efforts to minimize our inconvenience

Description of Work
Installed a new sewer line using trenchless "pipe bursting" process.

11/16/2016

Paula W.

Excellent. I had never heard of trenchless sewer repair before needing work done on my sanitary sewer. My house is 100 years old. The old clay pipes were cracked and filled with tree roots. A front porch and a large old tree added complications to the job. I had several quotes from traditional sewer companies who proposed digging a trench and replacing the line inside and out. The tree would most likely be damaged in the process. Someone recommended a trenchless solution. I looked online and researched the process. I found Underground Connections on AL. Their price was the best, the method a fit for my situation, the work expertly completed. All work was done from a small section in my basement. Note: very few companies own the tools/machinery to do this work directly. They sub-contract and jack up the price. Underground Connections is the real thing. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Main sewer line replacement

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed]

11/05/2016

Donald M.

Went very well, was very impressed with the work & especially with the owner!

Description of Work
Sewer line

10/17/2016

mark B.

Excellent! Used camera to inspect entire drain system and come to a conclusion.

Description of Work
Analyzed basement drain tile

Category excavators, plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

10/15/2016

Gwendolyn B.

After receiving an outrageous quote from another plumber franchise, Tom inspected the sewer lines with his camera confirming my suspicions that the problem stated by the previous plumber was false. The franchise plumber said that my sewer line was broken and causing a backup. He stated that the repair would cost $2,700. This price did not include replacing my patio and new landscaping which would had been dismantled. If I had followed the franchised plumber my expenses would had exceeded $7,000.00. Tom did not charge me for the inspection.

Description of Work
Tom inspected the sewer lines with his camera to confirm whether or not that there was a problem sewer line.

Category sewer cleaning

10/11/2016

SCOTT R.

Tom did a great job. Spent a good bit of time checking each drain line with a camera, and located the blockage. He cleared the blockage with hydrojet and made sure all lines were open and that they were in satisfactory condition. He also marked where lines were located in the yard for reference. Have not had any problems since the repair. Very pleased with the level of service and the work. Also very reasonable price for the hard work that was done.

Description of Work
Clear blockage in storm sewer drain pipes

09/17/2016

Mike B.

I highly recommend underground connections. They were extremely prompt and professional in performing the work. Other companies quoted us twice as much to perform traditional trench replacement of our sewer line and told us we would be responsible to cut down a huge oak tree to allow them to replace the line. Underground Connections were able to replace the entire pipe be digging only two small holes and go right underneath the oak! Great company and great people!!

Description of Work
Trenchless sewer repair

Platinum Xtreme Excavating, LLC

Providing excavation services. We specialize in land clearing, driveway excavations, property culverts, basement digs, trenching for water lines and utilities, leveling for foundations, landscaping retaining walls, pond digs and other custom projects. We are a small privately owned company that will give you a personal touch to your project.

Rigor Excavating, LLC

Rigor excavating provides services such as sewer repair, stump removal, drainage tile, footer and much more! i started the business when i was 19 years old i am the owner operator!

Ohio Basement Systems

Ohio Basement Systems, founded in 1999, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Ohio Basement Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland. They devote years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Ohio Basement Systems on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair

How is Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair overall rated?

Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair open?

Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair is open:

Sunday: 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM

What payment options does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair provide

Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing

Does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offer free estimates?

Yes, Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers free project estimates.

Does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offer a senior discount?

Yes, Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers a 3% senior discount.

Does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offer emergency services?

Yes, Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair?

Yes, Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers warranties.

What services does Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offer?

Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair offers the following services: Residential & commercial trenchless sewer repair and replacement, septic to sewer conversions & excavating. We offer pipe bursting and sewer re-lining. We also offer sewer cleaning and sewer snaking as well as free sewer camera inspections with every estimate.