Grimestoppers

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 1997

4913 Robinhood Dr

Willoughby, OH 44094

Greetings. I'm Tim Marlowe, owner and operator of GrimeStoppers. I started this house cleaning business with my wife Barbara, over 27 years ago with one idea in mind: Deliver exceptional customer service and your customers will love you for it. After all these years, I still believe that if you do the right thing and what's best for the customer, the rest will come. We know that everyone has different needs when it comes to having their homes cleaned. We work hard to schedule our crews when it's convenient for you, not at the whim of our schedules. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our services, we'll clean your home again until we get it right. We want you to be thrilled with our cleaning service so that someday, you'll be one of our happy customers on our testimonial page! To have the same crew come to clean your home is like having a good friend take care of the things you love. Your crew will get to know your home and just what you like done, every time. Also, we do make reminder calls, so if you are anything like me, you won’ forget us! If you'd rather book online, you can go to our website: www.grimestoppers.com to book directly. If you don't see a date you're looking for, please call the office as we don't always have every opening posted on our booking site. The price indicated on the booking site is not final. The AngiesList discount is integrated in the online booking first time cleaning price. Look forward to working together to make your home/office/living space look sparkling....

02/12/2020

Francesca H.

They were punctual, actually they arrived a few minutes before the scheduled time. The workers were polite,pleasant and well spoken. They worked very efficiently and thoroughly. I could not have been more pleased with them. And yes I plan on hiring them again.

Description of Work
Clean and dust the rooms, vacuum the carpets, clean the bathrooms, and clean the kitchen.

11/18/2019

Ross A.

The crew from Grimestoppers was great. Everyone was so nice. They really did a very nice job. They were quick and very thorough in the cleaning process. I will definitely be hiring them again. Thanks again to everyone at Grimestoppers!

Description of Work
House cleaning

07/22/2019

Matthew R.

The person I talked to was very professional and helpful when I had an issue. Unfortunately the quality of the crew that actually cleaned the house was disappointing. The small home was repainted and the carpets cleaned so was looking for someone to deep clean the bathroom, kitchen and laundry area, etc. which I discussed before hiring. For a “move out” cleaning I was surprised they did not dust the ceiling fans. They did however spend time to vacuum the freshly cleaned carpets. It looks like they did spend time on the bathroom and medicine cabinet but missed every drawer in the vanity. They also missed the first and most important drawer in the kitchen (the first one a potential tenant would check when viewing the home). I specifically asked for time to be spent on the faces of the kitchen cabinets because they were especially grimy and it’s clear their first attempt was simply to give them a quick wipe and left it at that. I expressed my disappointment and they returned the next day to try to rectify the kitchen and it’s now passible. Disappointed that I won’t be able to use them again but ya can’t win em all right.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath cleaning on an older home.

Category house cleaning

Our policy is we guarantee our work 200%. Meaning, if you're not happy with the service, we'll send a different crew back, free of charge. If you're still not satisfied, we'll refund your money. We were notified the next day by the client about the outside of the cabinets and one drawer that was missed in the kitchen. We sent a crew back the next day to clean this in the kitchen. If we knew there were other areas that weren't done to his liking, we would've had the crew go over those areas and/or the whole house to make sure everything was completed thoroughly. We vacuumed the carpeting b/c when we dusted the room and ceiling fans (crew leader confirmed this was done), the dust falls to the ground. We did not want to leave the dust sitting on the newly cleaned carpets without vacuuming. The vanity drawers had a decorative lining in them, so the crew just wiped them out. If the client wants to contact us back, we would happily send another crew, free of charge, to take care of any areas that he feels weren't done to his satisfaction.

01/24/2019

Matthew G.

The Grimestoppers crew is prompt and thorough in their service. My bathrooms and kitchen especially look fantastic after they're done.

Description of Work
I needed my house professionally cleaned on a regular basis

09/21/2018

Christina R.

We have a rental apartment the tenants left pretty unclean and no time to do it myself. I booked the appointment easily online and the availability was great. They were there right as scheduled and I was charged what I was quoted. They did a great job cleaning too. I should also say this a a 3rd floor walk up apartment and they handled it amazingly!! I would defiantly rehire!

Description of Work
Move out cleaning

09/16/2018

James S.

We found GrimeStoppers on Angie's List. I called for an estimate and Tracy told me that they set up an appointment for initial cleaning which is typically a three person crew for two hours (six labor hours). With the Angie's List discount that would be $199. That seemed reasonable. The crew arrived on time and went right to work. They finished in one hour and twenty minutes so the cost was $134. We are very pleased with the results and have set up a schedule for regular service. If Stephanie, Sabrina and Dee are our regular crew, I'm sure we will be very satisfied in the future as well.

Description of Work
Interior house cleaning

09/11/2018

Donald C.

GRIMESTOPPERS HAD TO COME BACK FOR A SECOND DAY DUE TO INSUFFICIENT TIME ALLOTTED. TWO DIFFERENT CREWS. FIRST CREW BETTER THAN SECOND CREW. OVERALL CLEANING WAS GOOD WITH EXCEPTION THAT SECOND CREW DID NOT ADEQUATELY CLEAN FLOORS NEAR WALLS OR IN CORNERS. WHEN DOING WINDOWS, TOOK DOWN VALANCE ABOVE KITCHEN SINK AND DID NOT REPLACE PROPERLY. LEFT HANGING. HOUSE WAS VERY DIRTY DUE TO MY VERY LIMITED MOBILITY. CAN'T WALK W/O CANE AND/OR WALKER. OVERALL, WAS PLEASED WITH PROFESSIONALISM AND MOSTLY WITH SERVICE

Description of Work
DEEP CLEAN OF HOME FOR PENDING SURGERY

Category house cleaning, window cleaning, floor cleaning

08/22/2018

Scott S.

Grimestoppers have been great! We use them weekly for general house cleaning and they do a fantastic job for a very reasonable rate. The team they send are wonderful, they are fast and efficient and very thorough. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
General house cleaning

08/16/2018

LISA A.

Did a through job efficiently. just a few minor things missed. (dusting of an end table) Professional and efficient.

Description of Work
cleaned entire house

04/30/2018

Louise S.

Fabulous. Friendly, courtious, helpful. Got to work right away and finished in record time!

Description of Work
Light house work after interior construction.

12/13/2017

SHIRLEY Z.

They sent a team of three....they did a great job of cleaning with an attention to detail that impressed me. That's why I have decided to book them on a monthly basis. Cost is: $190.00 + 15.20 tax = $205.20

Description of Work
I have a 5 bedroom, 2 full bath, one half bath home

11/01/2017

Marilyn L.

We've been pleased with the work. The cleaners who come are responsive and personable. The office has been very accommodating when we've needed to make a change in days or times.

Description of Work
We contracted to have regular housecleaning with Grimestoppers.

09/28/2017

Nancy K.

When I first hired this company, they were efficient and thorough, but after the supervisor left, quality went downhill. Some crew members were poorly trained & did sloppy work. I felt I had to stay with them to make sure they did everything.

Description of Work
General house cleaning.

Category house cleaning

This client is correct. We had to replace the crew leader and retrain our crew. We're sorry this had happened and on occasion you have to replace an employee. We offered her a different crew, free of charge. She declined. And we are still offering this to the client if she would like us to do this for her.

09/22/2017

Judith Z.

Well. They will continue on a biweekly basis.

Description of Work
General house cleaning

09/18/2017

A. R.

Great service. Would hire again and recommend to others. Sarah and her team were great!

Description of Work
general housecleaning- $200 for 6 hours

09/11/2017

Gwendolyn A.

Their price was a little steep. They gave me a price to use them again. There were a few things they missed. I could point those out to them, and they could correct it. I mentioned it while they were here. It was nothing major, just the shower, but they came back and fixed it. They were here for two hours which was a good time for me. Three people came out. I'm not sure if I would use them again. I might use somebody else just to compare the two.

Description of Work
Housecleaning.

09/05/2017

Brian S.

They did a very good job cleaning my home. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

08/23/2017

Renee C.

Quality – I’m not there to look at it, my sister looked at it.

Category carpet cleaners

06/05/2017

Jim D.

The house was clean and smelling great.

Description of Work
House cleaning.

05/23/2017

Deborah P.

First, I was told that a crew of 3 people would be there, but only 2 showed up, but charged the same amount that they quoted for 3 people. Second, they were very good in some areas and not so good in others. They did a great job on the refrigerator, but did not clean the light switches. They did a great job on the cabinets, but did not dust the master bedroom. They did a good job on vacuuming the carpets, but did not do a good job on the bathroom shower tile. The floors were washed, but not as great as I would have expected for the price. I think if they had 3 people it would have gone better.

Description of Work
Clean entire house to stage for sale.

Category house cleaning

We are so sorry Mrs. [Member Name Removed] wasn't happy with the service. We provided services for her on April 17th and followed up with a phone call on April 21st. We left a voice message asking how the cleaning went and if she had any questions or concerns. We never received a call back. Grimestoppers has a 200% guarantee. That if you're not happy with the cleaning, let us know right away, and we'll send a different crew back within 48 hours. If you're still not satisfied, we will not charge the client. In order for this to happen, we would need a call immediately after the cleaning. This is the first we're hearing that Mrs. [Member Name Removed] wasn't happy with the cleaning. As far as the amount of cleaners, we quote based on 3 cleaning technicians. Sometimes we are short staffed due to sickness, call offs, etc... When this happens we send 2 technicians but they stay longer to make up for the missing 3rd person. Bottom line, it's the same amount of labor hours. In this case, the crew was there for about 3 hours and 15 minutes. With 3 people it would've been 2 hours and 10 minutes. They both add up to 6.5 labor hours.

05/23/2017

Eric K.

Quality for what they do is an ?A?. My wife says they are not perfect, but then she has very high standards as to what is cleaning, which she?s not actually capable of doing. She thinks that cleaning is deep cleaning, which is obviously 3 young women in the space of an hour, cannot really do. By and large, I think they do a pretty d*m good job. My wife says, they?re not her mother, so I think that tells you everything. We ?ve used them for years now.

Description of Work
We used them for house cleaning.

03/31/2017

Erin F.

Grimestoppers provides a wonderful cleaning service. I am very picky and have tried many other cleaning services. Grimestoppers leaves our home sparkling clean every visit!

Description of Work
Bi-weekly Housecleaning

03/23/2017

Tish L.

They were wonderful!!! I wish I had found then years ago. They were so professional and very thorough. They made my home like new again. I will definitely use them for all my cleaning needs.

Description of Work
First-time housecleaning; including Refrigerator and Stove

02/28/2017

Marilyn L.

They've been very good in every way. I am very pleased with their work. They're prompt, always within 10 minutes of when they said they'd be here. They're very efficient and thorough.

Description of Work
I contacted Grimestoppers for regular cleaning service.

Category house cleaning, floor cleaning

02/13/2017

Liz C.

I am currently going through my first trimester of pregnancy and can't seem to keep up with the housework. This service was a needed relief! I almost cried tears of joy when I walked into my house after they were finished. The house was spotless clean and smelled wonderful. I highly recommend this company and will continue to use this organization moving forward.

Description of Work
The team showed up on time and provided wonderful housekeeping service.