JAR Engineering & Surveying

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2010

Betts Structural Engineering LLC

Betts Structural Engineering LLC

Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.

08/04/2015

It was a pleasure to work with Jim and his team. We scheduled the survey within reasonable time, they arrived on time, and Jim followed up with printed layouts of the property. They are very professional and did a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Jim surveyed my residential property, installed two new pins in the front yard and in the backyard, placed markers around the perimeter, provided multiple topography maps.

06/21/2015

I called JAR SURVEYING CO. on 05/28/2015 to set up appointment, he said that he could come out on 06/16/2015 or 06/17 to survey my land for a fence and a garage.I called back on 6/12 and left a message on the machine to confirm the date i gave him my phone number to call me back but they never did return my call. i tried to call a couple more times on 6/13,6/15, left message to call me but they ne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
THEY SET UP A APPOINTMENT AND DIDN'T SHOW UP NOTHING NO CONTACT NO RETURN CALLS

06/25/2013

First contact via Angie's List email late March; phone call and message follow-up early and then mid April with an actual live contact. Survey activity early May, no package prepared for April, May, or June deadline. My consolidation must now wait until September--5 months later than planned. Communication from JAR is nonexistent; schedules are ignored. Whatever work they may have done is of no va...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I engaged JAR to do the surveying and package preparation for our city's Planning Commission so I can apply for a lot consolidation for our residence and an adjacent lot we own. I referred JAR to the City's website for the requirements that include the schedule of package submission and Commission meetings.

09/04/2012

Mr. Resar was punctual, thorough and professional. I had a few questions which he answered thoroughly. Additionally, he was hard working and pleasant to deal with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Jim Resar surveyed our lot for a fence we are having installed. He located the 4 corner survey pins and adjusted them as needed. He put 'hubs' (stakes with yellow flags) along the property line where the fence is to be installed. He also provided drawings of the boundary survey for the fence company as well as for my own records.

02/19/2011

The engineer was very professional and listened to my requests - I changed my mind several times regarding exactly what I wanted done - and he was very pleasant and responsive to my concerns, and in returning my phone calls. The price was excellent compared to other vendors, and he took his time with properly researching the property and performing measurements as well as marking the boundaries ac...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to have a property survey done to determine the boundaries of my lot, in anticipation of having a fence installed at my home.

CATEGORY land surveyor,structural engineer

Site design and development, grating & site development.