Dane Contractors Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2003

1080 Bassett Rd Ste C

Westlake, OH 44145

Locally owned. 14 employees. Uses subs.Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact names - Suzanne Hinton, Rob Scott, Mark Hruska, Vince Carosella, George Dzuro & Don Nigro. Additional phone numbers - (440) 331-5800, (440) 716-5800, (440) 829-7652, (440) 829-7352, (440) 829-7056, (440) 829-7354, (440) 829-7185 & (440) 829-7277. Additional email - info@onedane.com. Additional fax - (440) 331-5805....

06/30/2015

Stephen S.

Description of Work
Called them when our basement flooded. The did the disaster recovery. They did a fine enough job but were pretty darn expensive so i went with someone else for to do the repair work.

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, insulation, plumbing, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

03/02/2013

Marilyn H.

We felt it was slow, however, the company was able to help our Adjustor understand the original quality, thereby getting us the replacement products of similar quality. This was a very time consuming process but ultimately worked out very much to our benefit.

Description of Work
Storm damages to our home in a severe hail storm 7/1/12. New shingles, new siding, some window replacement, door replacement.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

12/17/2012

Martha P.

They were very professional. I would use them again in a heartbeat if a disaster ever hit. They are great.

Description of Work
Some pipe burst at my business so Dane Contractors installed new dry wall, carpeting, pipes, insulation and plumbing.

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, insulation, plumbing, woodworking

04/24/2012

JOHN E.

.I like the quality of the work they did. They use other contractors We had some problems with the wallpaper and they did come right out to fix it. We did have a problem getting them back out to install the door for us.

Description of Work
.I used Dane Contractors Inc for some work we had done around the house.

Category water damage restoration, home remodeling, doors

11/16/2010

ALLAN B.

I will not pay for an estimate. Providing estimates is part of the cost of doing business for a contractor. Dane Contractors obviously does not want my business.

Description of Work
I called Dane on 11/15/10. I explained that my house sustained severe damage due to hail storm & needed roof, decks and windows replaced and/or repaired. The woman that answered the phone told me that they would not come to my house to provide an estimate without my commitment to pay an unspecified fee. It is my understanding that estimates are supposed to be free.

Category drywall, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, woodworking, house painters

As an organization, we have never presented ourselves as offering "free estimates". Nowhere in our profile does it suggest that we offer this. The primary focus of our business is "disaster recovery", serving the needs of the insurance community. In this sector, pricing is determined by software that is utilized by almost all insurance companies, much like car repair. As an insured, you have the opportunity to choose a contractor based on perceived quality of workmanship, not price. Costs are secondary and are derived from the scope of work that is ultimately agreed upon by an insurance company in order to indemnify a loss. While we do a certain amount of remodeling & renovation, it is a portion of our business that is driven by referrals resulting from the insurance restoration work we do. A grade of "F" is unfair when it is based on a lack of understanding of our business model and practice. Grades posted by members whom have had insurance claims are more representative of our capabilties and performance.

07/29/2010

Valerie M.

I'll never know.

Description of Work
I talked to the (very pleasant) "receptionist" on 6/15/10 and explained the different projects that I wanted to get quotes on, i.e., drywall/plaster repair due to water damage, misc. painting, & a complete bathroom re-do. I was told that they did big and small projects and that a specific gentleman (name not included) would call me to set up an appointment. I never received a call. Strike one and you are out. I am busy too.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

07/16/2010

JOHN E.

The quality of work was very good, and in some places the wallpaper that they used was excellent.

Description of Work
We had water damage from an upstairs toilet that leaked and a lot of stuff needed to be replaced. They replaced drywall, carpet, and electrical. It was an insurance job.

Category drywall, electrician, water damage restoration

06/13/2010

Rick C.

This saga has two sides. The repairs that were completed per quote and Allstate adjuster writeup, albeit with several redos, as well as what was failed to be recognized and the unfortunate result. Several problems with plumbing being incorrectly installed, redoing linoleum torn when moving back appliances and shodding incomplete replacement of the insullation under the flooring all contributed to frustration and delays. Failure to recognize damaged floor boards and insullation directly adjacent to replaced areas eventually contributed to growth of mold. Failure to recognize the duct work had been compromized by water led to excessive mold growth. Father abandoned mobile home in December of 2009 complaining of upper respiratory distress, itchy watery eyes and mouth and rashes. Visits to doctors resulted in a diagnosis of "allergic reaction". While initially speculated the cause might be exposure to insullation, Environmental Testing conducted Jan-March of 2010 uncovered the mold. Meetings with Dane Contractors April 2010 to resolve and repair were fruitless. They claimed work was performed as contracted and other factors MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED to mold. Including a tiny leak from the A/C during reconstruction and mold on the ground under the mobile home. They inspected property but did nothing and offered no assistance to offset costs of tests or repairs. So many other factors to this dilemma. Fact remains...Dane Contractors failure to recognize damage outside the original scope of work resulted in an uninhabitable living space. End game...the repair work that was required plus the additional testing exceeded value of mobile home. Allstate also ran away as fast as they could. Mobile Home park would not permit resale. Total loss. Mobile home destroyed June 2010. Would like help in recovering costs of testing, alternative living, value of mobile home. At the very least Angie list members need to steer clear of this company and their affiliate Restorz.

Description of Work
Determine extent of damage and prepare quote to repair and/or replace items in kitchen and bedroom as a result of leaking from a hot water tank at father's mobile home. Dry out afffected areas, test for moisture. Repair and replace floor boards, linoleum, cabinets, carpet, insullation,countertops,sink and hot water tank in a kitchen and bedroom as well as underneath the mobile home.

Category water damage restoration

Our organization was hired by the member to complete specific repairs to the modular home. These repairs were needed as a result of water compromising a small amount of building materials within the structure. Our records show that all work was performed as agreed upon and the member signed a “project completion form” indicating the repairs were done to his satisfaction. Our defined role was not to solve pre-existing issues with the modular home including its proximity to elevated moisture levels beneath the structure or any conditions of microbial growth. It is truly unfortunate for the member that the modular home held inherent defects in how it was placed onto the properly. The soil beneath had considerable mold growth along the entire length of the structure. This is consistent with a chronic moisture problem, possibly the result of inadequate ventilation. In meetings with the owner’s two sons they had recognized and accepted responsibility for these conditions inherent to their father’s home and also stated we were in no way responsible for the presence of these conditions. It is confusing how it is now suggested that we are to be held responsible to correct an array of inherent defects not relating to a clearly defined scope of work that was performed., complete to the satisfaction of the client. It is our opinion that the allegations made are both inconsistent to actual conditions and are merely an attempt to hold an independent party responsible for the maintenance of his property. Concerning the comments made insinuating poor workmanship; we will address each item individually: 1) Plumbing incorrectly installed- the hot water tank that ruptured was referred to as “the octopus” because of the amount of plumbing lines stemming from it, most of which were against building codes. In the confines of his mobile home, it was very difficult for our plumber to discern what had been assembled previously. In the process, the hot and cold lines were reversed to a bathroom. It was quickly and easily corrected. 2) Torn linoleum- The appliance installers, working in a tight area, scratched a small portion of the flooring material while trying to place one of the items. The problem was conveyed to us on a Saturday and a new linoleum was installed on the following Monday. 3) Shoddy, incomplete replacement of the insulation- we replaced the insulation as outlined in the project scope. We were not paid for replacing insulation outside of the damaged area. Our organization remains professional and responsive to the clients and industry that we serve. Our history with Angie’s List reflects that. Jack Koch, Marketing Manager

05/25/2010

LINDA H.

Took a while to get the job scheduled. Workers were very skilled and efficient, and did a great deal of work very quickly. The price was pretty high for the amount of time spent, but I needed the best quality of work, and I am satisfied they did a very good quality job.

Description of Work
Repaired a water damaged header over a wide window. They had to remove and replace a beam about 8 feet long, and replace supporting studs.

Category contractors, water damage restoration

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in our tradesmen and the quality of their work. We have noticed that many Angie's members comment about our pricing. As an insurance restoration contractor, our prices are determined by estimating software (Xactimate). This is the most widely used format for the insurance carriers and ensures uniformity within our industry. Prices are updated quarterly based on the dynamics of each geographical market.

10/14/2009

Frank B.

They came and took care of it within a couple hours, cleaned up, swept. They ordered the windows, as they were special. The insurance took care of the rest.

Description of Work
I had my leg in a cast, my dog went through the window. It was 5x5, and it was snowing outside.

Category wallpaper removal

09/20/2009

CARL M.

Except for foul-ups in communication at the beginning, everything went smoothly, as scheduled. Mark and Scott are a pleasure to work with and they seem to go beyond the usual in order to make sure we are satisfied in every way. They also listen to our suggestions. Their prices are a bit steep, but the quality of their work has been extremely good. We have used them extensively to remediate and remodel our kitchen for $10,000. We were quite impressed with the whole process. They listen to criticism.

Description of Work
Because of winter ice back-up, we had water damage on our sunroom ceiling. There was also previous slight water damage in two other corners of the room. They came out, gave an estimate and, as usual did perfect work. Professionally, they were quiet, had the right tools and machines, and worked efficiently. We would strongly recommend that the customer demand either Mark or Scott to do the work, since we have not been satisfied with most of the other workers in the company. The former always do excellent, professional work. Also, we have had bad experiences with other companies they have recommended, e.g., roofers and electricians.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters

06/08/2009

VIVIENNE L.

I noticed the problem and called Dane Contractors to give me as estimate. The first time I called the receptionist and she told me that she would call me back when someone was available to talk with me. After about two and a half hours without a call back I called them again and got a different receptionist who told me that she would have the original receptionist call me back to help me. The original receptionist called me back very late in the afternoon. While she was on the phone with me I could hear her turn to a gentleman and explain my problem, the gentleman's response was that until I got my roof fixed there was nothing that was going to fix the problem and to just keep the window open and keep rags and buckets there to catch the water. That is not the kind of suggestion that I wanted to hear in January. After she told me that she suggested that I try the gentleman's suggestion and she would call me the next day to see how it was going. I did not receive a phone call from them the next day, so that night I called them and the receptionist I got a hold of told me that the girl who told me she would call me back was out sick. It seemed very rude to me that during my interaction with them they acted like they could not care less about my problem. I was very disappointed with their customer service.

Description of Work
I called Dane Contractors to give me a quote for water damage repair.

Category water damage restoration

Unfortunately, we do not have any record of your call(s), including a phone number to contact you. As the Marketing Manager for DANE Contractors, I would like an opportunity to discuss this situation. We are an insurance restoration contractor, and as such, are accustomed to documenting all pertinent information relative to a claim when we are contacted. The situation you are describing is certainly not in keeping with our internal procedures. In particular, any discussion concerning loss evaluation and mitigation methods would involve a project manager, NOT a receptionist. As our track record with Angie's List members suggests, we serve our customers with a high degree of professionalism. If a breakdown has occurred, I would appreciate an opportunity to address it. Please contact me at your convenience. Sincerely, Jack Koch (440) 617-5800

09/25/2008

Marilynn T.

They were extremely protective of everything around their work. Even more impressive was how well they cleaned up each day. It was far better than any housecleaning service I had had!!

Description of Work
The first floor commode had a slow leak which affected the basement rec room ceiling. Dane Contracting was the company recommended by our insurance carrier. Dane took down all the drywalled ceiling and replace it with a drop ceiling. They even fitted the ceiling around the sewer pipe, which had been covered by a plaster sculpture of a tree!!

06/11/2008

GAIL L.

It went well. They did give us time frames for the job and they were able to complete it in that time frame. They were prompt. They were friendly and very professional.

Description of Work
They did a new roof, new walls, they had to remove rotten Wood, and they painted.

Category contractors, remodeling, roofing, house painters, interior painters

IT WAS OUR PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU AND THE ASSOCIATED INSURANCE PEOPLE TO GET THINGS DONE QUICKLY. AND KUDOS TO OUR ROOFING PERSONNEL FOR HAVING TO PERFORM UNDER SUCH DIFFICULT CONDITIONS - AN ICE COVERED ROOF IN FEBRUARY IN CLEVELAND.

06/02/2008

CARL M.

The work went very well and we are very happy with the results. I particularly liked the professionalism and pride of workmanship. They work at it until the customer is completely satisfied.

Description of Work
The company first ripped out the water-soaked living room ceiling and permitted it to dry. Then they restored the ceiling, repaired the wood around the fireplace and painted all of it. Excellent communication.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, woodworking

08/26/2007

CARL M.

Very good working with these people. Mark, the foreman, gets things done, has people turn up on schedule, inspects their work, etc. There were some delays due to vacations, etc. on their part. The work took from January to June. Result: We have a beautiful kitchen which looks brand new! Mark was extremely cooperative and we sent a letter to the company's president, expressing our appreciation.

Description of Work
Due to mold in half the walls of the kitchen, because of a leak in a steam pipe, this company comprehensively took over (in a good sense) and ripped out extensively (microwave, stove, sink, walls, cabinets), dried it all out, re-plastered with drywall, installed new cabinets, painted the existing cabinets, redid the hardwood floor, rewired the electrical elements to bring them up to code, painted the walls and ceiling. In the basement, they removed mold, dried out the ceiling, and re-plastered.

Category drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, water damage restoration, interior painters, cabinet refacing

06/05/2007

CHRISTINA F.

George and the men he brought to do the work arrived very timely. They were professional, efficient, and neat, putting down drop cloths before beginning to carry equipment in. They monitored progress, and returned when they said they would. The clean-up process and result were excellent.

Description of Work
They arrived within an hour or so of our call about a broken pipe in our basement. They assessed the extent of the water damage, arranged for a plumber to come out, and began clean-up almost immediately. They put drying equipment in place overnight and returned the next day to determine progress, including whether carpet or drywall would have to be replaced (it did not). The drying equipment ran for the next two days. Dane's Restorz division will be replacing baseboards, painting, and doing any other repairs required.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

08/30/2006

Rose P.

They were great! A+ all the way! They gave us detailed written estimates on what they would do, what it would cost, and when they would do it. Then they executed as they said they would. They were flexible on changes as the work progressed and the project manager kept in daily communication on the status - he even called us while on his vacation to make sure things were going OK. Their workers were really expert in what they were doing, and when they didn't know something they said so and followed up with whoever did know. They were the most professional tradespeople I've ever dealt with. They were proactive; when I asked about a carpet issue to the drywall person he took it upon himself to call the project manager who had the issue scheduled for remedy before I could even call him about it! The restored basement looks fantastic. The price was lower than other quotes we got and the value we received is really good. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Our basement was flooded and they did all the work to refinish and restore the basement so it was usable again. They also dealt and coordinated with our insurance adjuster to make sure the claim was properly handled. The work included drywall repair and replacement, mold containment and remediation, painting, carpentry, floor tile removal, carpeting and probably other stuff I'm not even aware of.

08/08/2006

anna K.

Workers were always prompt, & cleaned basement up every evening. Also answered all questions I had. Worked well with my electrician for ceiling lights. Workers, supervisor & estimator polite and nice and honest. They even sent a sympathy card when my father passed. Would recommend highly.

Description of Work
Had flood from sewers == from storm back in August '05. Dane Contractors tore out basement, painted walls with sealer & rebuilt paneling. Workers also suggested paneling to stairwell if I had left over for no additional price (but had to pay additionally because I did not have any paneling left over) also had ceiling placed: room is brand new!

11/16/2004

HEATHER M.

DANE WAS EXCELLENT!! THEY WERE ON-TIME EVERYDAY. THE WORKER WAS HERE FOR 3 DAYS, AND EACH EVENING ALL OF THE MATERIALS WERE NEATLY PUT IN ONE CORNER OF MY HOUSE AND THE WORK-AREA WAS KEPT AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. THE QUALITY OF THE WORK WAS TOP-NOTCH. THIS WAS AN INSURANCE JOB, BUT WE WOULD CERTAINLY HIRE THEM FOR ANY JOB ON OUR HOME.

Description of Work
REPAIRED CEILING IN BATHROOM AND FIRST FLOOR HALLWAY FROM WATER DAMAGE DUE TO BROKEN PIPE; REPAINTED FRONT HALLWAY, UP THE STEPS, UPSTAIRS HALLWAY, AND BATHROOM.

04/30/2004

TED J.

THE COMPANY ACTED PROMPTLY TO A SITUATION THAT COULD HAVE RESULTED IN FURTHER DAMAGE TO MY HOME.

Description of Work
DURING A HEAVY WIND STORM, NUMEROUS ROOF SHINGLES WERE BLOWN OFF MY ROOF. THESE SHINGLES WERE REPLACED & INSTALLED TO MY SATISFACTION, BEFORE ANY FURTHER DAMAGE OCCURRED.

10/29/2003

MARILYNN T.

THEY DO SUPER WORK! THEIR CLEAN UP WAS SO GOOD I WISH I COULD HIRE THEM FOR HOUSE CLEANING! THEY DO INSURANCE WORK PRIMARILY, BUT THEY DO EXCELLENT WORK ON ALL THEY DO. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THEM.

Description of Work
THEY REPAIRED/REPLACED A SHOWER PAN, AND DID OTHER FLOORING AND PLUMBING REPAIRS THAT ANOTHER PLUMBER HAD MESSED UP. THEY ALSO REPAIRED WATER DAMAGE FROM A TOILET LEAK IN OUR BASEMENT.

The Brothers That Just Do Gutters

The Brothers that just do Gutters are a full-service rain gutter and leaf guard company –From rain gutter repair, installation, and maintenance of Seamless Gutters, Gutter Guard, Specialty Gutters, and more, to related additional services. In the Cleveland West, OH area, we serve the Ohio counties of Cuyahoga County, Erie County, Lorain County, Medina County, and more! We are a community minded, client-focused gutter contractor who understands the importance in investing in our employees, and providing our clients with a 5-star experience. We believe in the importance of honesty, integrity, and transparency. Because of this, we are fully committed to posting every review – positive, or negative! We do this to not only keep ourselves honest, but to also use as a learning tool to better ourselves as service professionals. As a result, we have gained not only many loyal clients, but also, friends and neighbors. You may even recognize some of them as your own neighbors!

Offers by The Brothers That Just Do Gutters on Angi
    The Gutter Boys

The Gutter Boys Co. works daily to provide a seamless and enjoyable customer experience. Our helpful sales associates can get you a quote for gutter cleaning right over the phone. If you are looking for seamless gutters or protection, we come right to you, and customize a quote specifically for your home and circumstances. We are never pushy. We like to say that it’s a sales experience that your mom would be comfortable with. The Gutter Boys technicians are tenured and knowledgeable. We are proud to provide a high continuity of service by utilizing employees for our installation services. Our techs are rigorously trained and have received Master Installer status with Valor Gutter Guards, which TGB exclusively installs in Northeast Ohio.

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Fire, structural and storm damage cleanup, explosion vehicle impact, commercial & residential disaster recovery, emergency response, repairs, restoration, reconstruction, remodeling & renovation.