Dane Contractors Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2003

Locally owned. 14 employees. Uses subs.Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact names - Suzanne Hinton, Rob Scott, Mark Hruska, Vince Carosella, George Dzuro & Don Nigro. Additional phone numbers - (440) 331-5800, (440) 716-5800, (440) 829-7652, (440) 829-7352, (440) 829-7056, (440) 829-7354, (440) 829-7185 & (440) 829-7277. Additional email - info@onedane.com. Additional fax - (440) 331-5805....

GT Painting

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. GT Painting is a small painting company that offers hands on work from me the owner. I employ 2 painters. GT PAINTING offers competitive pricing in several phases of cosmetic repair such as interior and exterior painting, drywall repair & finishing, plaster repair, wall resurfacing / skimcoating , wallpaper removal, and power washing. Quality finish, neatness and cleanliness are standard practice with GT PAINTING. I can make water damaged walls and ceilings look new again. Repairing old classic homes no problem for GT. Call Greg to schedule.

Window City Pros LLC

With over 30 years of industry experience, Chad Howman founded Window City Pros to provide customers with access to cost-effective windows from masters within the market. What started as a handful of employees has flourished into a thriving organization serving Northeast Ohio.

THE PAINT DOCTOR

Interior & Exterior Painting of all degrees;including Residential & Commercial.

03/02/2013

We felt it was slow, however, the company was able to help our Adjustor understand the original quality, thereby getting us the replacement products of similar quality. This was a very time consuming process but ultimately worked out very much to our benefit.

Description of Work
Storm damages to our home in a severe hail storm 7/1/12. New shingles, new siding, some window replacement, door replacement.

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors

12/17/2012

They were very professional. I would use them again in a heartbeat if a disaster ever hit. They are great.

Description of Work
Some pipe burst at my business so Dane Contractors installed new dry wall, carpeting, pipes, insulation and plumbing.

Category carpet installation,drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,insulation,plumbing,woodworking

04/24/2012

.I like the quality of the work they did. They use other contractors We had some problems with the wallpaper and they did come right out to fix it. We did have a problem getting them back out to install the door for us.

Description of Work
.I used Dane Contractors Inc for some work we had done around the house.

Category water damage restoration,home remodeling,doors

11/16/2010

I will not pay for an estimate. Providing estimates is part of the cost of doing business for a contractor. Dane Contractors obviously does not want my business.

Description of Work
I called Dane on 11/15/10. I explained that my house sustained severe damage due to hail storm & needed roof, decks and windows replaced and/or repaired. The woman that answered the phone told me that they would not come to my house to provide an estimate without my commitment to pay an unspecified fee. It is my understanding that estimates are supposed to be free.

Category drywall,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,water damage restoration,woodworking,house painters

As an organization, we have never presented ourselves as offering "free estimates". Nowhere in our profile does it suggest that we offer this. The primary focus of our business is "disaster recovery", serving the needs of the insurance community. In this sector, pricing is determined by software that is utilized by almost all insurance companies, much like car repair. As an insured, you have the o...

07/16/2010

The quality of work was very good, and in some places the wallpaper that they used was excellent.

Description of Work
We had water damage from an upstairs toilet that leaked and a lot of stuff needed to be replaced. They replaced drywall, carpet, and electrical. It was an insurance job.

Category drywall,electrician,water damage restoration

06/13/2010

This saga has two sides. The repairs that were completed per quote and Allstate adjuster writeup, albeit with several redos, as well as what was failed to be recognized and the unfortunate result. Several problems with plumbing being incorrectly installed, redoing linoleum torn when moving back appliances and shodding incomplete replacement of the insullation under the flooring all contributed to frustration and delays. Failure to recognize damaged floor boards and insullation directly adjacent to replaced areas eventually contributed to growth of mold. Failure to recognize the duct work had been compromized by water led to excessive mold growth. Father abandoned mobile home in December of 2009 complaining of upper respiratory distress, itchy watery eyes and mouth and rashes. Visits to doctors resulted in a diagnosis of "allergic reaction". While initially speculated the cause might be exposure to insullation, Environmental Testing conducted Jan-March of 2010 uncovered the mold. Meetings with Dane Contractors April 2010 to resolve and repair were fruitless. They claimed work was performed as contracted and other factors MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED to mold. Including a tiny leak from the A/C during reconstruction and mold on the ground under the mobile home. They inspected property but did nothing and offered no assistance to offset costs of tests or repairs. So many other factors to this dilemma. Fact remains...Dane Contractors failure to recognize damage outside the original scope of work resulted in an uninhabitable living space. End game...the repair work that was required plus the additional testing exceeded value of mobile home. Allstate also ran away as fast as they could. Mobile Home park would not permit resale. Total loss. Mobile home destroyed June 2010. Would like help in recovering costs of testing, alternative living, value of mobile home. At the very least Angie list members need to steer clear of this company and their affiliate Restorz.

Description of Work
Determine extent of damage and prepare quote to repair and/or replace items in kitchen and bedroom as a result of leaking from a hot water tank at father's mobile home. Dry out afffected areas, test for moisture. Repair and replace floor boards, linoleum, cabinets, carpet, insullation,countertops,sink and hot water tank in a kitchen and bedroom as well as underneath the mobile home.

Category water damage restoration service

05/25/2010

Took a while to get the job scheduled. Workers were very skilled and efficient, and did a great deal of work very quickly. The price was pretty high for the amount of time spent, but I needed the best quality of work, and I am satisfied they did a very good quality job.

Description of Work
Repaired a water damaged header over a wide window. They had to remove and replace a beam about 8 feet long, and replace supporting studs.

Category contractor","water damage restoration service

10/14/2009

They came and took care of it within a couple hours, cleaned up, swept. They ordered the windows, as they were special. The insurance took care of the rest.

Description of Work
I had my leg in a cast, my dog went through the window. It was 5x5, and it was snowing outside.

Category wallpaper removal service

09/20/2009

Except for foul-ups in communication at the beginning, everything went smoothly, as scheduled. Mark and Scott are a pleasure to work with and they seem to go beyond the usual in order to make sure we are satisfied in every way. They also listen to our suggestions. Their prices are a bit steep, but the quality of their work has been extremely good. We have used them extensively to remediate and remodel our kitchen for $10,000. We were quite impressed with the whole process. They listen to criticism.

Description of Work
Because of winter ice back-up, we had water damage on our sunroom ceiling. There was also previous slight water damage in two other corners of the room. They came out, gave an estimate and, as usual did perfect work. Professionally, they were quiet, had the right tools and machines, and worked efficiently. We would strongly recommend that the customer demand either Mark or Scott to do the work, since we have not been satisfied with most of the other workers in the company. The former always do excellent, professional work. Also, we have had bad experiences with other companies they have recommended, e.g., roofers and electricians.

Category room remodeling","water damage restoration service","interior painter

06/08/2009

I noticed the problem and called Dane Contractors to give me as estimate. The first time I called the receptionist and she told me that she would call me back when someone was available to talk with me. After about two and a half hours without a call back I called them again and got a different receptionist who told me that she would have the original receptionist call me back to help me. The original receptionist called me back very late in the afternoon. While she was on the phone with me I could hear her turn to a gentleman and explain my problem, the gentleman's response was that until I got my roof fixed there was nothing that was going to fix the problem and to just keep the window open and keep rags and buckets there to catch the water. That is not the kind of suggestion that I wanted to hear in January. After she told me that she suggested that I try the gentleman's suggestion and she would call me the next day to see how it was going. I did not receive a phone call from them the next day, so that night I called them and the receptionist I got a hold of told me that the girl who told me she would call me back was out sick. It seemed very rude to me that during my interaction with them they acted like they could not care less about my problem. I was very disappointed with their customer service.

Description of Work
I called Dane Contractors to give me a quote for water damage repair.

Category water damage restoration service

Fire, structural and storm damage cleanup, explosion vehicle impact, commercial & residential disaster recovery, emergency response, repairs, restoration, reconstruction, remodeling & renovation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard