Brad Smith Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 1997

Family owned and operated Roofing Contractor since 1979! Celebrating 35 years, we are dedicated to servicing our residential & commercial customers in the areas of: Repairs, New Roofs, Chimney & Masonry work, Slate and Tile, Gutters & Home Renovations! DBA U Trash It Dumpster Rentals....

A Service Provider's profile image

+34 more images

4.4

roofing (444)gutter repair (63)chimney repair (23)siding companies (9)skylight installation (8)roof cleaning (7)roof snow removal (7)masonry (6)gutter cleaning (7)general contractors (6)chimney cap repair (5)house painting (3)

01/07/2022

PAULETTE H.

Provided estimate now and did a couple of repairs before and did a good job , they went when they say they would. told me how much would it cost and did not get any leak anymore and was satisfied

Description of Work
Roofing , And estimate

Work Completed On 01/07/2022

05/20/2021

Craig O.

Brad Smith Roofing Company did nothing short of a superior job: quote, materials delivery and most importantly, the roofing project itself: tear-off, install, clean-up - all 100% flawless!!! The roof is not only beautiful, but provides peace of mind to us that we had a quality company do the job with a reliable warranty. Thanks to Sean Masterson and the entire team of individuals who were on the jobsite. We've received many compliments about the roof and feel confident more business will be coming your way. Thanks again for a beautiful job. Please tell the team that was here - nice work!

Description of Work
removal current roofing and install new roofing

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

09/22/2020

Cory B.

Called for an appointment and scheduled a visit. Rep showed up did a nice job and promised a quote. Then no quote, then a phone call, then no quote, then a phone call and follow up text messages. Then no quote. Then a phone call and excuses and no quote. A complete waste of my time. Just straight up tell me you are too busy and save me the frustration!

Description of Work
tear off roof replacement

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

04/17/2020

susan M.

Excellent. I would highly recommend Brad Smith Roofing. Even during the storms we were having a serviceman came out to inspect our problem. A quote was provided and we were very happy with the way the it explained the problem and how they would make the repair. The work was completed in a very professional manner. Oustanding service.

Description of Work
Repair roof

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

01/31/2020

Joan R.

They were outstanding! They were knowledgeable, professional and caring throughout. They went out of their way to protect the exterior and landscaping.

Description of Work
New Roof

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

11/13/2019

TROY M.

Brad Smith Roofing was excellent. First, they were the only roofing company that was able to give me a full and complete quote that satisfied my insurance company. (This was an insurance claim.) Second, they had the expertise to go toe-to-toe with insurance company BEFORE they started work and get agreement on what needed to get done. For instance, the insurance company claimed, rather ridiculously, that several things required by code weren't required. (The adjuster claimed she was an "expert" in roofing, but then suddenly is unaware of basic elements of the Ohio code? Come on, seriously? Typical insurance company run-around.) Numerous other details had to get hammered out with the insurance company throughout the process and Brad Smith was there the whole time. While the crew was there, they did a great job with the work, cleaning up after themselves, and getting done quickly. I combed my yard and barely filled the bottom of a 12 oz coffee cup with a few minor scraps of paper from all the various wrappers the shingles and materials came in. Friends who had a roof done found nails for a year afterwards in the yard. I searched and searched, because I determined to find at least one nail. Finally, after 20 minutes, I managed to find one and so I could quit. However, what was MOST impressive was their attention to safety. The first day of the job, while they were tearing off the roofing, my daughter walked out the back door. The guy on the ground who saw her first SCREAMED "homeowner". With that one word, every. single. guy. on the roof stopped immediately and didn't throw anything down. They were no where near the door my daughter came out. They had spoke to us about making sure to be careful coming in and out. But that was not the mind of my daughter; she isn't used to construction worksites. Her mistake. But they were ready for that. That sort of attention to safety does not just happen. It wasn't just one guy. It is a clear safety is a topic they address and that is part of their culture. If I needed another roof, I would call Drew Smith at Brad Smith Roofing and work with him again.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement and siding replacement

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

08/01/2019

FELECIA R.

They did a pretty good job. They were on time. I used them for over a decade and I will used them again.

Description of Work
They put a shield to catch the rain up over outside.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/23/2018

William B.

I'm not much for rating companies I didn't actually use but this situation was ridiculous. I had them in June 19th to review the work. The person who came out was great - personable, articulate, thorough, etc.... After that, crickets. I called them after three weeks and was told, "I know they're busy. I'll let the salesperson know." A week later, still nothing. RIDICULOUS. If you're too busy to get me a quote, you're doing something wrong.

Description of Work
Install new skylights

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

07/05/2018

Nicole L.

Someone came out quickly for the initial quote, did not even look at the area of the roof that needed repair, and said that someone would call me to set up the work. I never got a call back, even after leaving a message. This was 7 months ago.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

We would be happy to discuss the service we performed at this home. There was a signed contract, we communicated with the contact we have on file, and work was performed in April 2018. Maybe the client has us confused with another company.

07/03/2018

FELECIA R.

They're great. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
I had a damaged split in one of my gutters and they repaired that along with the downspouts. They also replaced a shingle from my sun porch. They installed a gutter protector system on the front left side of the main roof as well. They installed a new valley flow reduction system on the front of the main area of my window. They offered me a discount for being an Angie's List.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

05/01/2018

Angela L.

They came out and did an estimate on 4/6 they told me they would send me the estimate in a week. I didn’t hear back from them and called on 4/24 and have still never received a call back. It’s unacceptable. I then had to call another company who will be doing a total roof replacement instead

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

04/17/2018

Diana G.

This company has the experience and longevity of a tremendous CLE area roofer. I had Brad Smith do my roof in 2002. My repair this time was minimal, albeit, more expensive than I had thought. Still, I wouldn't get any other estimate because I trust they will be honest about the repair and not make up a list of unneeded repairs to make more money. Now Brad's son has taken over the business. You can count on him being around for another 20-30 years. A lot of companies say your roof work is guaranteed for 30 years. Right. Most of these companies go out of business and no one is there 16-20 years later. Don't be fooled! I used a company the replaced windows and was sold to another company that wouldn't honor the contract from the original owners. Brad Smith Roofing is the best!

Description of Work
Flashing and caulking

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

01/14/2018

Dave S.

Brad Smith repaired the chimney crown and installed new chimney caps prior to the roof work. The roof tear off and replacement was completed in two days. Some underlayment and joist repairs were needed. Clean-up was excellent. They were very responsive to our communications. The proposal was very detailed (including for emergent work), so we knew what to expect up front.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement with tear off

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2017

12/19/2017

Christine A.

Contacted Brad Smith and an employee came out the same week to give an estimate and he arrived on time. That said, his ladder was not tall enough to get a good look at the problem. He indicated he could reschedule me once he got a taller ladder or he could get the taller ladder and come back and look while I was at work. I never heard from him again. I called Brad Smith two more times, several weeks apart after that and the office person indicated she would notify the guy who came out that I still wanted the work done. I never heard back from them again after my second follow up call.

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof where flashing was repaired 10+ years ago.

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

10/17/2017

ALLEN A.

.................................................

Description of Work
..........................................................

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

09/22/2017

JOSEPH G.

After calling for an estimate, Bob came on a Wednesday out and was very friendly and professional. He inspected the chimney and told me he would email the estimate the following Friday. By the next Monday I did not receive an estimate. I called twice and was told that I would get the estimate shortly. A week went by and still nothing. It would have been nice to receive some kind of response even if I was told that they would not be able to do the work. I can't trust a company that doesn't communicate. Being ignored is bad business.

Description of Work
Chimney flashing repair.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

We are going to investigate this appointment further, but we don't have a Bob that works for us. The customer may be getting us confused with another company. So far I found that we did have an appointment with our employee named Scott on 6/30/2015 and the customer cancelled when we called to confirm the appointment the day before on 6/29/15. Stacey Kitchen, Office Manager

07/26/2017

andrew P.

excellent. very professional from contract guy to installers. 2 men did install. Did a great job, professional and friendly. Even redid a gutter line to look better and allow me to add a rain barrel.

Description of Work
replace gutters and downspouts entire home

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

06/04/2017

Hope H.

Irving was courteous and professional and did a great job and spotted unseen future problems and made necessary repairs and did a roof tune up he also let me know the roof will need to be replaced before to long, without the high pressure sales pitch I really appreciated his honesty & Excellent work

Description of Work
needed shingles reattached and a couple replaced

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/18/2017

thaveesak B.

Call and make appointment. they came and took pictures. They promised they will send a quote within a week. two week later no call, I called them back they said they will look into it again no call back. I call them again couple weeks later. Same thing again. Very disappointed

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

We are very sorry to hear there was any issue in getting this customer a proposal. I will be investigating further to see that they did receive our Free Estimate, a lot of times we do let the customer know at the time of the appointment but may have been behind in sending the paperwork. I do see that we have recently been back to give a Free Estimate for a New Roof just in the last month. We are also always happy to investigate and/or re-send an estimate as it could have gone to an email's span/junk filter. Stacey Kitchen, Office Manager

04/23/2017

DIANE Z.

When the technician came out, he didn't even go up into the attic to see where the water was coming in through the roof, which was concerning. Nonetheless, he (allegedly) worked on the roof, and we paid him $400 for the work. The bathroom ceiling continued to crack and peel, and within 6 months there were 5 new, larger sections gone. I called to complain, and at the company's request, I emailed pictures of the (still) faulty gaskets on the roof, as well as the new bald ceiling sections, to the tech who did the work, as they would not send a refund without seeing the problem. It has been 2-3 weeks, and I've received no word from them, no refund, nothing. We had our original roofer come out, without prompting, he first climbed up in the attic to see what was going on, immediately found water up there, as well as under the shingles. He went to work on the roof, replacing two new gaskets on the soil stack - for only $275.00. We've had several rainy days - a couple of them EXTREMELY rainy - and NO problems with additional leaks. Not so much as a new watermark. Brad Smith Roofing clearly did absolutely NOTHING to repair the obvious leaks, and to add insult to injury, they were overpriced and did not offer even a partial refund. Not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement of my email. I am thoroughly disgusted with them, and will be happy to share my experience with anyone who asks.

Description of Work
We had a leak on our roof above the master bathroom, and as a result, a small section of the ceiling was cracking and falling off. My husband found Brad Smith Roofing on Angie's List, with a good rating, and called them to find the leak on the roof and repair it.

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

04/17/2017

Mary Kay C.

wonderful job, great cleanup job. everything was done per the contract and no corners were cut. Mike and Harold were great and all of the workers were very courteous and always cleaning.

Description of Work
Replaced my house roof and garage roof

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

03/28/2017

Robert M.

Called for estimate for partial roof repair and ideas on improving ventilation. Went with another company.

Description of Work
Estimate for roof work.

Work Completed On 02/17/2017