We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

Charter Oaks Tree & Landscaping Co Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 1996

6336 State Route 605 South

Westerville, OH 43082

Experienced, Dependable and Committed, Charter Oaks Tree & Landscaping Co., Inc. has been a locally and family owned business in Central Ohio since 1984. Our owner, Phil Mallory, is a certified arborist #OH -0725A and he carries on his family tradition of top-rated service, making sure you have a

12/28/2022

Mike S.

I had 17 or so large oaks trimmed on 12/8/2022. All service was excellent and completed same day, yard clean up was outstanding. Phil, Teri, Ruskie, Jessica, and team are true professionals. Company is very responsive.

Description of Work
Tree trimming/removal of dead limbs from large oaks.

Category tree service

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate it!

11/24/2022

John K.

I'm happy to give Charter Oaks a good review. We've relied on their services ( pruning, tree removal and insect treatment) for several years and have always been satisfied. Friendly, reliable and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Insect treatment

11/02/2022

Joe S.

Excellent! I have used their services for several years, and they have always been terrific!

Description of Work
Tree and plant trimming

Category landscaping, tree service

Here's to many more years! Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

07/11/2022

Joseph T.

Very good contractor. Does great work, does it neatly and cleans up well

Description of Work
trees trimmed

Category landscaping, tree service

[Member Information Removed] [Member Name Removed]!

06/22/2022

Barb P.

Do not use this company! It took them a month to send someone out to remove stumps. I had 5 small stumps that needed removed. They only removed 3 and tried to charge me for all 5. The owner Teri, accused me of lying and not wanting to pay. I sent photos of the stumps still in my yard and she actually said I was taking pictures of different stumps, not in my yard. When I let them know the job was not complete and that I wanted my bill adjusted or the work completed, she refused. She called me 9 times in just one afternoon and sent me 7 text messages that same day, just wanting to scream and threaten me. She has now said that she is sending me to collection and putting a lien on my home for $200 worth of work that her company did not complete. Teri is beyond unprofessional. She had no interest in resolving the issue and providing customer service. This company will not complete the work and then demand payment and threaten you to receive the money! BEWARE!

Description of Work
Stump grinding

Category landscaping, tree service

Our goal is to provide prompt and exceptional service to every customer. Ms. [Member Name Removed] requested an estimate from our company for stump grinding on 5/9/22 at 3 pm for which she provided photos. We emailed an estimate to her on 5/10/22 at 7:38pm. On 5/10/22 at 7:42pm she authorized the work to be done. We schedule our customers in the order in which they approve the work. We serviced this customer 8 business days after receiving acceptance of our contract. On 5/19/22 at 7:27 pm, we informed the customer that we would be out the following business day (5/20/22). At no point did Ms. [Member Name Removed] express that she was unhappy with her estimate or the date that she was provided. We would have been out a few days earlier had the ground not been so wet due to recent rain. The customer was at home when we did the work on 5/20/22. An invoice was sent via email on 5/20/22, 5/24/22, 5/26/22, 6/3/22 and 6/15/22. Ms. [Member Name Removed] expressed no complaints the day we did the work or during any of our attempts to collect payment until we notified her that our third party collection agency would be acquiring the debt due to non payment after 30 days. As a courtesy, we were trying to prevent her from incurring additional fees and late charges. Ms. [Member Name Removed] provided photos of 2 stumps that she alleges we missed and they are clearly different than the ones in the original estimate request.

06/02/2022

Beth U.

From the beginning, Charter Oak was responsive and timely. During the time when we were walking our property with Ruskie, for the estimate, he was approachable and easy to talk and shared his expertise readily. On the day of the work, the 3-man crew who came to our house, was only interested in the safety of our home, making sure that they got everything done accurately and they were even open to our questions and cutting off an additional branch here or there. They even left a few cuttings of the trunk for a keepsake (the tree had a special meaning to the family). After that day, the stump grinder came two days later (exactly when we were told he would come) and completed his work in very short time with no mess left behind. Matter of fact, throughout the entire process ever worker made sure that they cleaned up and tidied up like they weren’t even here!! Thank you to everyone at Charter Oak!!

Description of Work
Tree removal, tree trimming, stump grinding

04/30/2022

James R.

It went perfectly. The work looks great, with no more sketchy limbs. It looks healthy again, and the work was done timely and professionally! It was well worth the money and I'm Very happy with Charter Oaks and their work!

Description of Work
Needed large tree trimmed because it was dropping limbs and branches in the street, yard, and sidewalk.

Category tree service

There's nothing better than a happy customer! Thanks Jim!

03/26/2022

chris S.

Everything went smoothly. The owner met with me to discuss the job. He was very professional and knowledgeable. The two-person crew who did the work were also very professional. They pruned three trees. All debris was removed. I also received a call to advise me of when the work would be done. I feel that the cost of the work was reasonable.

Description of Work
Tree Pruning

11/21/2021

Michael C.

The 3 man crew took just one day to do the work. One large elm tree was in a landscape area close to a deck. They successfully removed the 50 foot high tree without incident. Very professional approach to their work. Thoroughly cleaned up branches and debris. Thanks to Charter Oaks for a job well done.

Description of Work
Remove two large trees and three smaller trees, along with grinding one smaller stump.

Category tree service

Thank yo [Member Name Removed]!

11/16/2021

Lane H.

We had a tree fall on our house and van parked in the driveway after a wind storm. Charter Oaks responded to our request for help quickly and effortlessly. They quickly sent us quotes via email and were here the next day to remove the tree. When they were done, we were very impressed with the whole process from the beginning to the end. The clean up was even very impressive and the stump was ground out the following day. I would highly recommend Charter Oaks to anyone who is looking for some tree service!

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Category tree service

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

11/14/2021

Judy S.

Excellent Customer Service from Teri(Owner) and Jessica in providing information, follow through with answering questions, and pricing was excellent. Was always there for me. Great service from tree workers Dave, Tony and Trevor in providing good information and follow through with concerns, polite and informative. Great with removing tree and stumps and clean up.

Description of Work
removal of tree and 3 stumps

11/06/2021

marsha C.

Equipment used most favorable to property owners with nothing bigger than a small bobcat but hefty to remove biggest of trees. Checked with us on arrival and on completion. No surprises. They have won our business over and over and continue to improve year over year. Happy customers!

Description of Work
Tree removal and stumping

Category tree service

We like happy customers! Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]!

09/22/2021

Lisa S.

Very impressed with this company. They went above and beyond what they said they would do (by cutting and removing things that weren't on the invoice but needed to be done). The team was easy to work with and cleaned up at the conclusion of their job like no other company I've used. Neighbors have already asked who they were because they did such a great job and I've recommended them to anyone who has ask for recommendations. I will use them again (and this time not need to do any comparison shopping because their prices, customer service and work is the best!)

Description of Work
Trees trimmed and removed

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to working with you again!

09/21/2021

james N.

We had a large branch fall over a driveway and Charter Oaks was very prompt to remove it. I had them return to remove the rest of the tree on a less emergency schedule. I have used them many times over the pass many years as we have a heavily treed residence. Very fair pricing.

Description of Work
Large tree removal

04/30/2021

Sean V.

After the recent late snow we had a few large branches that were split and just barely hanging on. Unfortunately, one was over our driveway and another was directly over our aluminum fence. We normally use a different company for our tree services, however they had not returned my call and there was wind and rain in the forecast. I reached out to Charter Oaks to see if they could take care of them on short notice. Ended up speaking with Terri (sp?) who is one of the owners and WOW, she was great to deal with. She was very thorough gathering details about our trees, their location on the property and our concerns about safety for people & property. She also informed me about a new (to Ohio) disease that is devastating oak trees. If you have oaks, or know someone who does, give these folks a call! Our normal tree service ended up calling as I was talking to Charter and they were able to make it out the next morning, however I had such a positive experience with Terri that I felt it was worth leaving a review and we will certainly keep their number handy for any future emergencies or projects that our regular service doesn't handle. A+ Customer Service!

Description of Work
Storm Damage Tree Branch Removal

Category tree service

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!

04/22/2021

Lee K.

The team at Charter Oaks did a great job trimming three of our large trees and removing one dead one.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming and Tree Removal

Category tree service

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

04/13/2021

Sam G.

The guys that came out to do the work were quick and efficient. They cleaned up everything well and were very polite. Jessica at the office was amazing and a pleasure to work with. Already referred them to another neighbor that needs some work done. Great Job 👍!

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees and multiple shrubs, stump ground 1 of the tree stumps, also ground shrub roots

04/11/2021

Alyson L.

Charter Oaks was quick and responsive. I had questions and they were helpful in explaining the services proposed. They were friendly, quick and responsive. And Charter Oaks performed the services promptly and did a good job. I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and tree removal/stump grinding

Category tree service

We certainly hope you do - Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

04/01/2021

Patricia T.

This was the first time I used Charter Oaks. I would use them again. The price was lower than another company. The estimator was very knowledgeable. The workers were efficient and professional. They did not damage the yard and cleaned it up of all debris afterward.

Description of Work
I had 2 trees removed

Category tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed] - we look forward to working with you again!

03/30/2021

Nick K.

Great! Very responsive. Quick clean service.

Description of Work
Tree and bush removal. Tree trimming

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to working with you again!

02/15/2021

Linda S.

We have used them several times in the past and they always do a professional job. This job, Perfectly. Done as usual. They used a bucket truck for my large trees on a day with the snow all over the ground and did a great job, great cleanup and with a smile. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Many trees thinned, cleaned up, lifted. and cut back away from house

01/29/2021

John K.

I've been a customer of Charter Oaks in the past, and I didn't hesitate to rely on Phil and his staff for advice and services when it was again time to take care of some problems. He came out and gave us his analysis and asked all of my questions in detail, and he made recommendations and provided a reasonable estimate for the services. Their office followed up with good communication about when the services would be performed, and they all met our expectations in providing friendly, efficient service and did a good job stacking wood and otherwise cleaning up.

Description of Work
Chemical treatment of 3 trees and removal of one tree

12/17/2020

Veronica M.

Excellent- timely, professional, extremely nice to work with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Tree removal - multiple

12/14/2020

Todd S.

We will know if it work by next fall. That said, the gentleman that performed the work was professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
Treat oak trees for disease.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We hope you do!

12/03/2020

NANCY W.

Great job definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Two trees thinned and trimmed.

Category tree service

We look forward to that! Thank you very much!

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

DLG Property Services, LLC

2022 Super Service Award

Landscape Design Solutions, LLC

Provide the best client experience for each of our client's from our initial meeting to completion of the project. Attention to detail & being consistent on our landscape services is what brings our client's back to us each year. We are always striving to improve our techniques to help our clients understand what we can do for them & their landscape needs. Through education & researching new design software we can provide a client experience that is unrivaled. Whether it is transforming your back yard into an outdoor living space, renovating your landscape or just having a patio installed we can meet and exceed your expectations. Allow us the opportunity to serve you in your landscape needs. We can create a landscape that adds value to your home & enjoyment for you & your family for years to come.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    OH-0725A
    Ohio
    International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
    06/30/2024
    Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, Check

Certified Arborist, Tree Pruning, Tree Removals, Stump Grinding, Tree Cabling and Bracing, Disease Diagnosis and Treatment, Fertilization. 24/7 Emergency services also available!

Patio Installation, Stone Work, Mowing, weeding, mulching, sod, tree and shrub planting