CARE Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 1997

If you are familiar with any of our advertising you know that these words are at the end of each and every one of our ads. But these eight words are more than just a slogan at CARE Heating and Cooling. They are our motto and the basis of our business philosophy, and the way we want to be remembered by you at the end of the day. From the beginning I wanted CARE be a different kind of company. After spending many years working for other heating and cooling companies, I became alarmed by the trends I was seeing in the residential heating and cooling industry. “Increase sales”, “raise your prices” and “make every employee a sales person” became the operating statements of many companies, leading to the biggest fraud of all: paying service technicians to sell replacement furnaces and air conditioners. In the 1980s a major manufacturer began to promote to its dealers a unique sales technique – have service technicians sell replacements. The rationale was that a service technician had the inherent trust of the consumer. If a repair was needed a service technician had ability to take advantage of that trust and offer to install a replacement system. This provided an immediate solution to an immediate problem that would lock out any competition, result in a much higher than normal selling price and much higher profits. Because companies make more money, a lot more in fact, selling you a new system rather than fixing the one you own this approach was widely adopted over the next couple of decades. To generate even more sales and profits many companies today apply a lot of pressure to service technicians to sell even more. Several local companies’ guidelines state specifically that a consumer is to be advised to replace their furnace if a repair, even a minor one, is needed whenever a furnace or air conditioner is over 10 years old. They set goals for their service technicians to turn at least 1 in 10 service calls into sales leads and pay them a commission when a unit is sold. Service technicians can also get caught up in the quest for more money, with some diagnosing problems that may not actually exist just to earn a commission. This is how “cat toys in furnaces” and “chipmunks with attitudes and power drills” became major problems. So what makes CARE Heating and Cooling different? It is my philosophy that we are in business not only to get new customers, but more importantly to keep them. Never will anyone in the service department profit by recommending to a consumer to replace their furnace or air conditioner. Not only do we offer free second opinions for a diagnosis of a bad compressor or heat exchanger, we will often second opinion ourselves when condemning equipment to be sure we have not made a mistake. If a mistake is made, it will be an honest one and we will stand behind everything we do. Lastly, you can trust us to offer you the lowest possible price on all services and installations we do. We are, and always will be, the best value in town. Thank you for considering CARE Heating and Cooling. Let us prove to you why you should call us “When you need a company you can trust.” Call CARE for the best possible service in central Ohio. Additional emails - service@careheatingandcooling.com, sales@careheatingandcooling.com....

HVAC Companies (1067)appliance repair (27)plumbers (16)water heaters (9)air duct cleaning (4)electrician (22)fence company (1)

04/28/2022

Lamont C.

Excellent!!! I highly recommend CARE Heating and Cooling. Starting with excellent customer service when contacting CARE to the attention and commitment to ensure the issue or problem is fixed and corrected by the tech Shane, I am extremely satisfied. Thank you Shane and CARE for a job well done!!!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

Work Completed On 04/28/2022

06/07/2021

Timothy A.

CARE installed our AC and furnace in 2015. When the AC was blowing warm air, I called them out with hopes that this would be an issue covered under warranty. The tech confirmed we were out of refrigerant. We were charged to have him re-fill the line with refrigerant. The tech then offered a separate charge to go find the leak. He proposed one charge for $100-something and another charge for $300-something stating that the latter option may find the leak better. I inquired why he simply couldn't just find the leak for a reasonable charge. We were already paying $95.00 just for the service call. The tech went with the first option and located the leak on a brazed joint in the line located in our basement. He then specifically told me that this was due to faulty welding and installation when the unit was originally installed. CARE was the same company that installed the unit, and welded this joint. The tech pointed out a small hole in the joint and explained it has been leaking slowly over the years. My hope was that CARE would take accountability for this and at least meet us somewhere in the middle in addressing the faulty installation. The tech's supervisor instead came on the phone and countered everything explained to me by the tech. He offered speculative scenarios placing the blame on us as the homeowners. These theories were all contrary to what was pointed out to me by the on-site tech. This was that the joint was improperly welded causing a refrigerant leak. We spent over $500.00 for this visit. CARE then proposed over $600 in additional charges to come back out and fix the joint that, according to the tech, was their own faulty workmanship. We believed we were satisfied with the installation from 2015, but it is now causing us more expense and inconvenience. As CARE is not offering us any refunds or compensation, we have to find another AC repair vendor to fix what was improperly done by CARE at the time of installation.

Description of Work
Broken A/C

Category appliance repair

Cost $517.87

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

05/17/2021

Sheila G.

They're onetime. Did the job as promised they would do it. There's no issue

Description of Work
Reoccurring ac clean up service

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

01/12/2021

Rosemary S.

They were very responsive in giving us an estimate. We hired someone else, but they seemed like a good company.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and air conditioner

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

10/30/2020

Audree N.

CARE did an excellent job. The technician was courteous, explained things in a way I could understand, and answered all of my questions and concerns. The office staff kept me informed of the appointment and made the process simple.

Description of Work
Yearly furnace check up

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/30/2020

Zack B.

CARE fixed my AC quickly and even cleaned my AC unit and condenser even though that wasn’t the problem. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Friendly, professional and thorough.

Description of Work
AC was not working.

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/22/2020

Tim B.

Customer Service is excellent, timely and very professional. Would buy from them again, when the time comes.

Description of Work
Purchased new AC and Heating years ago, have had regular PM about every other year.

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

09/28/2020

Dan C.

I couldn't have been happier. I called in a panic and Paula and her team were to my house with in a hour in a half and had my furnace fixed in no time. They now come out and service my furnace annually. - Dan

Description of Work
Emergency Repairs to our furnace

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/08/2020

JERRY M.

As a licensed contractor myself I told them exactly what the problem was and the part they needed. They sent a technician out without that part and then tried to charge me an extra trip because they had to come back. Their cost on the part was under $100 and took approximately an hour to install and they tried to charge me over $800. Their cost on a similar furnace brand new is about $600. I talked with the service manager and after he figured out I wasn't the average customer they dropped the price $400. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Gas valve on a newer furnace

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

07/09/2020

ERIC G.

The quality and price of the work, as well as the communication and professionalism of the tech were excellent!

Description of Work
furnace and a/c tuneup

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

06/13/2020

Kathleen F.

They were easy to schedule and promptly arrived. We had a great conversation about his walk-through. He was up front about how he would be higher priced than my first estimate and listed all the differentiators behind the pricing. He was very informative and asked me to confirm when he sent the estimate to me via email so that I could confirm receipt. I waited a week and a half before hiring my other bid, because I never received an email with the estimate.

Description of Work
I needed my Central Air replaced and asked them to come and give me a competitive estimate.

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

[Member Name Removed] - Would you please reach out to us at 614-841-1555 and ask to speak with Paula or send us an email to service@careheatingandcooling.com? We cannot find any records for your name or address in our customer database and none of our representatives can recall an appointment with you. Perhaps you are confusing us with another company, either way we'd like to get this sorted out! Thank you!

04/08/2020

Gregg C.

They did the job and the same part broke 6 months later and they were going to charge me more than the original amount to fix it because I did not have a monthly maintenance plan with them. I got a second opinion and the other guy charged me much less to fix it.

Description of Work
They repaired my furnace.

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

03/13/2020

Erika W.

Care Heating and Cooling installed a new furnace, whole home humidifier, water tank and heat pump for us yesterday. Chrisite worked patiently with us for 2 months to plan out the best syatem for our house at the best price and answered all million of my questions over and over again. Their quote was $7000 less than another company. Justin, Mike, Tommy, Shane, Matt and 2 others (who's names I didnt get) worked hard all day to put in our new system. They were all so friendly, professional and did such a great job! We are so glad we chose Care Heating and Cooling for this job and will use them for all of our HVAC needs in the future. So excited to finally be warm in our house

Description of Work
New furnace to convert to propane, heat pump, whole ome humidifier, and water tank

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

02/23/2020

Douglas F.

I have been a Care Plan member for many years, and over the years have been nothing but frustrated with dealing with this company. At the beginning of the contract, they installed a air cleaner that requires annual filter and uv bulb replacement. Every service they do in spring and fall I pay for them to replace these, but i end up having to reschedule 3 to 4 times every service because the techs never have the parts, i reschedule to make sure they have the parts and then have to reschedule again because they never get them. The tech blaimes the notes and every time I schedule the service they confirm the tech has the parts and it is in the notes. When i have had work done by them, I found that the parts they charged me for, I paid 7 times what I could by elsewhere. They charged me over $800 for a $70 and a 10min install. I expect a markup, but gees. When I reached out to other companies, they said they would have only charged 300. When I confronted Care, they said they charge fixed pricing, so while my part was only 70, other furnaces are 400 to 500 so they just charge a flat fee. I even cancelled my plan with them a year ago, they sent confirmation, only to find out they still charged my card every month. Said they could not credit and I might as well schedule service. Their techs are good, but they cant seem to run their office very well, and they just sent a tech out without parts for 4th time and I am sick of it. Waisted another half day of my time. Will try and cancell plan again as soon as they leave. And order the air cleaning kit for half the price from someone else.

Description of Work
Annual service contract and repairs

Work Completed On 02/23/2020

11/26/2019

Ann O.

Prompt. Friendly. Furnace is working fine.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

10/22/2019

Linda F.

The only complaint I have is that they rescheduled me and did the same thing last Spring. Other than that they did a great job. They were on time today.

Description of Work
Check on my heating and cooling system

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

09/26/2019

Gaylon M.

It went very well. Kelly, the technician, performed her tasks in a very professional manner. She answered all of our questions satisfactorily. We have had her before and have been always very pleased with her work. She is straightforward and honest in her dealings with us which is an admirable quality these days. We hope to have her back again next year. The Murrays

Description of Work
The air conditioner and the furnace needed to be checked out with an annual inspection.

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

07/05/2019

Nancy R.

The company has always repaired instead of relacing our aging equipment, but this time our A/C unit was beyond repair. We received a competitive price and an Angie's list discount. The work was completed efficiently and professionally the following day (a Saturday) when the temperature reached nearly 90 degrees.

Description of Work
Replaced 5 ton A/C, new coil on furnace, new thermostat and pad for A/C and city permit.

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

07/04/2019

Andy Y.

The prices were over 2 thousand lower than a competitor and not thorough. Work was done one schedule.

Description of Work
Replaced central air conditioning unit

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

05/28/2019

EDWARD F.

Care did a great job with the installation of our new central A/C system. They performed an inspection a week prior on our 16-yo system as it was not cooling. It was down a significant amount of coolant (2nd time this has happened) and repair and recharging was not an option given the system's age and cost of the old coolant. Andy from sales contacted me the next day and we scheduled a meeting. We discussed replacement options. I went with a system a bit larger and more efficient than he initially quoted as it was only a few hundred dollars more. Unlike any other large purchase we have made, I did not get another quote although I had another HVAC company scheduled for a visit several days later. Prompt replacement before a long holiday weekend and my schedule was more important. AND, his estimate came in alot lower than I thought it would be. Installation went well-Tommy and Kirk were on time, kept the house clean, and communicated throughout the replacement. It took 5hrs-what Andy indicated. It is quieter and cools quicker than the old system-as he said it would. Would hire Care again.

Description of Work
Air conditioner replaced (compressor/outside unit and inside evaporator coil)

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

02/19/2019

Laura B.

It was good. They were professional and on time.

Description of Work
They put in a new heating and cooling system.

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

01/06/2019

Sergei R.

Very satisfied with the price, product, & service. I did my research and got ~5 estimates; Care was ~$1k less than others. Gave them all of my business - furnace, AC, & hot water tank and, honestly, have only good things to say. Tye came out to do the estimate and was prompt, knowledgeable, professional, & respectful. He was detail oriented and spent 30min measuring & inspecting the unit & ductwork. He was also very responsive to calls/texts throughout the process. Tye is a great guy to have as the face of the co. out in the field. Side note: I found it funny how every co. that came out for an estimate asked who I've gotten quotes from and they all threw an insult/jab at why I shouldn't go with a competitor; not Tye though, all business. Install day the crew showed up & rang the doorbell at 8:30am on the dot, as communicated. The crew (Kirk, Ed, Dakota) worked hard all day and installed the furnace, AC, & hot water tank, cleaned up and were done by 5pm. They also fixed up the ducts & put in vents to bring everything up to code. Care (Brittany) called after 6 months to setup the semi-anual tuneup (included free with Care Plan as part of install). Andy called to say he'd arrive between 11:35am-noon and arrived at 11:34am. He spent 30min inspecting & tuned up the furnace. In summary: all around very happy with the price, product & service. Definitely recommend to friends & family.

Description of Work
Furnace, AC, & hot water tank install.