CARE Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 1997

5750 Chandler Ct.

Westerville, OH 43082

If you are familiar with any of our advertising you know that these words are at the end of each and every one of our ads. But these eight words are more than just a slogan at CARE Heating and Cooling. They are our motto and the basis of our business philosophy, and the way we want to be remembered by you at the end of the day. From the beginning I wanted CARE be a different kind of company. After spending many years working for other heating and cooling companies, I became alarmed by the trends I was seeing in the residential heating and cooling industry. “Increase sales”, “raise your prices” and “make every employee a sales person” became the operating statements of many companies, leading to the biggest fraud of all: paying service technicians to sell replacement furnaces and air conditioners. In the 1980s a major manufacturer began to promote to its dealers a unique sales technique – have service technicians sell replacements. The rationale was that a service technician had the inherent trust of the consumer. If a repair was needed a service technician had ability to take advantage of that trust and offer to install a replacement system. This provided an immediate solution to an immediate problem that would lock out any competition, result in a much higher than normal selling price and much higher profits. Because companies make more money, a lot more in fact, selling you a new system rather than fixing the one you own this approach was widely adopted over the next couple of decades. To generate even more sales and profits many companies today apply a lot of pressure to service technicians to sell even more. Several local companies’ guidelines state specifically that a consumer is to be advised to replace their furnace if a repair, even a minor one, is needed whenever a furnace or air conditioner is over 10 years old. They set goals for their service technicians to turn at least 1 in 10 service calls into sales leads and pay them a commission when a unit is sold. Service technicians can also get caught up in the quest for more money, with some diagnosing problems that may not actually exist just to earn a commission. This is how “cat toys in furnaces” and “chipmunks with attitudes and power drills” became major problems. So what makes CARE Heating and Cooling different? It is my philosophy that we are in business not only to get new customers, but more importantly to keep them. Never will anyone in the service department profit by recommending to a consumer to replace their furnace or air conditioner. Not only do we offer free second opinions for a diagnosis of a bad compressor or heat exchanger, we will often second opinion ourselves when condemning equipment to be sure we have not made a mistake. If a mistake is made, it will be an honest one and we will stand behind everything we do. Lastly, you can trust us to offer you the lowest possible price on all services and installations we do. We are, and always will be, the best value in town. Thank you for considering CARE Heating and Cooling. Let us prove to you why you should call us “When you need a company you can trust.” Call CARE for the best possible service in central Ohio. Additional emails - service@careheatingandcooling.com, sales@careheatingandcooling.com....

Resposiveness

HVAC Companies (1065)appliance repair (26)plumbers (16)water heaters (9)air duct cleaning (4)electrician (22)fence company (1)

01/12/2021

They were very responsive in giving us an estimate. We hired someone else, but they seemed like a good company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace furnace and air conditioner

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2021

10/30/2020

CARE did an excellent job. The technician was courteous, explained things in a way I could understand, and answered all of my questions and concerns. The office staff kept me informed of the appointment and made the process simple.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Yearly furnace check up

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2020

10/30/2020

CARE fixed my AC quickly and even cleaned my AC unit and condenser even though that wasn’t the problem. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Friendly, professional and thorough.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC was not working.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2020

10/22/2020

Customer Service is excellent, timely and very professional. Would buy from them again, when the time comes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Purchased new AC and Heating years ago, have had regular PM about every other year.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/07/2020

09/28/2020

I couldn't have been happier. I called in a panic and Paula and her team were to my house with in a hour in a half and had my furnace fixed in no time. They now come out and service my furnace annually. - Dan

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emergency Repairs to our furnace

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2020

09/08/2020

As a licensed contractor myself I told them exactly what the problem was and the part they needed. They sent a technician out without that part and then tried to charge me an extra trip because they had to come back. Their cost on the part was under $100 and took approximately an hour to install and they tried to charge me over $800. Their cost on a similar furnace brand new is about $600. I talke...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas valve on a newer furnace

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2020

07/09/2020

The quality and price of the work, as well as the communication and professionalism of the tech were excellent!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
furnace and a/c tuneup

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/20/2020

06/13/2020

They were easy to schedule and promptly arrived. We had a great conversation about his walk-through. He was up front about how he would be higher priced than my first estimate and listed all the differentiators behind the pricing. He was very informative and asked me to confirm when he sent the estimate to me via email so that I could confirm receipt. I waited a week and a half before hiring my ot...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my Central Air replaced and asked them to come and give me a competitive estimate.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2020

[Member Name Removed] - Would you please reach out to us at 614-841-1555 and ask to speak with Paula or send us an email to service@careheatingandcooling.com? We cannot find any records for your name or address in our customer database and none of our representatives can recall an appointment with you. Perhaps you are confusing us with another company, either way we'd like to get this sorted out! ...

04/08/2020

They did the job and the same part broke 6 months later and they were going to charge me more than the original amount to fix it because I did not have a monthly maintenance plan with them. I got a second opinion and the other guy charged me much less to fix it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They repaired my furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2020

03/13/2020

Care Heating and Cooling installed a new furnace, whole home humidifier, water tank and heat pump for us yesterday. Chrisite worked patiently with us for 2 months to plan out the best syatem for our house at the best price and answered all million of my questions over and over again. Their quote was $7000 less than another company. Justin, Mike, Tommy, Shane, Matt and 2 others (who's names I didnt...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace to convert to propane, heat pump, whole ome humidifier, and water tank

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2020

HVAC Service, Maintenance & Installation. Heat Pumps, Air Conditioners, Indoor Air Quality Equipment. Carbon Monoxide Testing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover