DeStefano Brother's Remodeling

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2011

In business for over 30 years. No job too big no job too small. Award winning builders & remodelers. Additional Website: www.wvdesteffanohomes.com. Charges by the job. No trip charges. Does hire sub contractors.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Valerie B.
03/12/2016
Description of Work
35,000. Have reviewed before and warned anyone not to use this contractor. Had to redo most of this job and lost several buyers over his terrible work. Haven't heard back from your mediation department
JAN R.
08/05/2015
Nothing was done. I called their office multiple times and left messages. They continued to say they would get back. I spoke with one of the brothers once and his response was "oh, you haven't found anyone to do the work yet"....WHAT? It would have a least been nice if they would have been straight up and told me they did not want to do the job. Very unprofessional.
Description of Work
The brothers came to my home to discuss multiple desires for remodeling. They were very nice and assured me they would be in touch. I never heard another word from them.
decks
Elaine S.
10/05/2012
Before signing their contract and paying a $2000 deposit, I specifically asked for and received a written estimate of $15-$18,000 for building a screened-in porch. This bid was in line with my budget, so in good faith, I signed and paid the deposit. They then told me the porch would be larger (16x25), kept insisting and quot;I know what you wantand quot; and had an architect draw up plans. Up until this point they were nice --- that all changed when the plans were dropped off at our home, with no explanation. Two weeks later I was told the price was $40,000 which is 100-125% higher than bid or for a slightly larger porch. I was shocked, questioned the cost, and asked about other options to lower the cost. Was told they could change the flooring for a $4000 saving. They then treated me with distain and offered no other options. I was left less $2000, with a worthless set of architectural drawings, and no porch --- it was either their way or nothing at all. Since they did no work, grossly over priced the porch, and treated me so badly I decided not to work with them and asked for a return of my deposit. I was bluntly told they used the $2000 to pay for the architect and there would be no refund. When I tried to compromise, they acted very unprofessionally/unethical and refused to even speak to me. CONTRACT WARNING! My attorney said I definitely should receive my deposit back since they misrepresented the costs and spent my money on something other than expected. Their contract is a home builder's contract and requires that all claims be settled by the American Arbitration Association, a very costly procedure that is not suited for remodeling jobs. They know this, and thus have no qualms about taking and using a customers money because they know the customer's recourse could cost more than the dispute. DO NOT do business with this the company and DO NOT sign a contract nor give any money unless you are 200% clear on the cost/design and the CONTRACT has ALL details specified in writing. I trusted them and learned the hard way. Do not make the same mistake!!
Description of Work
Beware of DeStefano Remodeling -- a wolf in sheep's clothing! Initially very nice, then very unprofessional if you disagree or ask questions. Seems like they submit low bids to get the job and your deposit, then escalate the price after you sign the contract. We contacted them about remodeling a kitchen, bath and adding a screened-in porch. Bids for the kitchen and bathroom were 20-25% higher than comparable remodelers, but the gross misrepresentation on the screened-in porch, as outlined below, is the reason we did not proceed to do business with them.
Category
decks, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, sunrooms

With all due respect the comments by the member are far from accurate to say the least. Bottom line we were asked to give her estimates based on the scope of work that she told us she wanted done at her home. We provided a preliminary estimate based on our initial 2-3 visits to the job site. We outlined what the scope of work would be after compiling a number of bids by various sub contractors and vendors. When we explained that we would need to go to an architect to design the porch structure because of inherent structural components we told her that the cost of those architectural drawings would be $2,000 to just cover the cost of the drawings. In the mean time she consistently added more and more to the scope of work to be performed as we cautioned her that she was exceeding her original scope and budget. After the architectural process and the constant changes were finished (approximately 2 months of our time) we finally gave her a fixed cost for what she ultimately ended up with. She did not like the price and told us she wanted her deposit for the architectural drawings back. I explained that the architect actually charged us $2,400 and there was nothing left of her deposit (we actually lost $400 and a lot of our time). She became very belligerent and threatened to sue us. At this point we cut ties with her as trying to placate her and explain all the add- ons she added were the reason she was over budget and cutting anything out was not an option for her. At the end of the day we have never had anything but an A review or any unhappy customers. We have been in business for a long time and do remodels anywhere from the 10k's to multi-million dollar new homes. I am very disappointed that the member feels this way because all we ever do is try to be ethical up front and honest. i hope this sheds some light on our perspective relating to this job that never happened. Thank you, Dan de Stefano Owner de Stefano Brothers remodeling
Gloria G.
08/30/2012
We couldn't be any happier with DeStefano Brothers Remodeling. They are top-of-the line builders, and it was a great experience. They are very detailed oriented, and went the extra mile to research every angle of the project to make sure there were no mistakes. Their sub-contractors were excellent, and were overseed by a wonderful supervisor who listened to our every concern. I would not hesitate to call them again to do our next remodel project, or even build our next house--Love these guys!!
Description of Work
We had a large, two level stamped patio, and a trex deck. They also built a landing off the laundry room. They graded and seeded the backyard after it was finished.
decks
stephanie F.
10/03/2011
We had a great experience with the DeStefano Brothers. They are very detailed and professional. They provided great ideas every step of the way and did a great job of keeping us in the loop on everything. We felt that we were very well cared for during this process and would love to work with them again in the future.
Description of Work
They remodeled our entire kitchen and master bathroom.
remodeling, home remodeling
John S.
09/28/2011
The experience from start to finish was outstanding. Very professional. All the subcontractor's that were used for the various trades were fantastic - clean, reliable, neat and efficient. I couldn't have asked for anything more
Description of Work
Owners Dan and Rocky DeStefano provided excellent service and an excellent finished product. We couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome. The master bathroom was completely gutted. The quality of material and quality of workmanship was outstanding. DeStefano Brothers Remodeling have a keen eye for architectural design and superior workmanship. They transformed our master bedroom into a beautiful room. It is without hesitation that I recommend DeStefano Brothers Remodeling.
LISA N.
09/14/2011
My husband and I have just opened our first business in which de stefano brother's was our commercial build out contractors. We cannot say enough about these men. They are the most professional, honest, precise, trustworthy people in the business today. They gave us a bid that was competitive with the others we received but it was their overall and quot;people personand quot; skills that set them apart from the others. We felt that they were genuine and had a passion for their work. They were there not only for themselves but to help create a wonderful end result for us and our clients. They listened to our needs, and because we were new to the small business world, provided some expert suggestions that has helped us tremendously with providing our clients a relaxing and positive experience. They provided a timeline as to what we could expect throughout our construction so that we could stay on target for both our personal buying purchases(lighting fixtures, paint colors, etc) and opening date deadline. We were in constant contact with them as they were very much and quot;hands onand quot; with the project, which resulted in very few obstacles or setbacks. There were no shortcuts, 'bait and switch' tactics, or other less than professional conducts with this company. Their reputation is as good as their word...or in my word, EXCEPTIONAL. I would highly recommend de stefano brother's to anyone looking for A+ quality workmanship, A+ professionalism and A+ character for their commercial or residential needs. As we continue to expand our stores, there is NO ONE else we would even consider after the experience we had with Dan, Rocky, and their father, Steve. *If you would like to see the beautiful work done by these fine men, please feel free to stop in our store, Rooster's Men's Grooming Center in Deerfield Towne Center. Mason. You will surely be as impressed as we are.
Description of Work
tear out previous tenant's flooring, walls. cut floor to include plumbing for 7 work stations add electrical for fixtures, security, sound build and add custom cabinetry and trim acquired all necessary permits removed all debris from premises design consultation

Phone