Hastings and Sons Concrete

Founded undefined

We specialize in everything concrete. Need that drive way fixed or extended? Sidewalk crumbling? Does the Mrs. want a beautiful stamped patio to entertain guest in the backyard? We have over 30 years experience in the industry and we are fully insured. Call us to schedule your free estimate.

Stamped and colored driveway with border

concrete repair

2.5

2.5

2.6

2.6

concrete repair (12)concrete driveways (8)Patios (4)stamped concrete (1)

11/23/2022

Julie B.

If I could give a 0-I would! Look at my review on google with pictures! I do not recommend this company at all. Terrible workmanship and no replies for resolution! We have more damage from the job they did than prior to them starting the job.

Description of Work
A patio repaired/resurfaced and stained concrete

10/05/2022

Kevin W.

Updating my Sept 30 review. The owner is following through to live up to his word to make it right and his guarantee. He is actively in process of making the concrete repair work up to agreed quality.

Description of Work
Driveway repair

Work Completed On 10/05/2022

09/13/2022

Jack R.

Adam, was spot on when he took our money, everything would be done just how we wanted it... my husband is a veteran couldn't say enough about his service ..or flag waving, boy did we fall for that one, hook line and sinker.. scheduled on one of the hottest days of the year, 3 guys came out Gavin "the foreman , and 2 others .. the one guy laid over in the grass at our neighbors in the shade , did very little.. left it up to the other 2.. the concrete was drying or setting up and with just the 2 they couldn't keep up. now our sidewalk is starting to crumble {this happened June 24 2022]the steps are so many different colors and they are crooked, bowed, uneven.. people in the neighborhood want to know what happened to our steps, and we have had people say how ugly they are.... not only that "Gavin the foreman" broke a finial off the wrought iron railings that were suppose to be installed but not until after 90 days .. why ? because we were told the concrete has to cure.....not only that I asked if they sprayed a sealant on the concrete Gavin said no because its in the concrete...well, here it is September 13 2022, and haven't heard a thing , oh no I'm sorry someone [maybe Adam ] was going to check it out but, not when we were going to home , I tried to make an appt. but that wouldn't be necessary now I know why..he's probably embarrassed of the work I know I would be ... what's going to happen now remains to be seen but I'll tell anyone please don't use this company and trust me the people who have stopped I have said do not use Hastings and sons concrete

Description of Work
sidewalk and steps

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

08/21/2022

Annmarie L.

the company came back and fixed the problem and completed the work. after some initial communication problem they came back and did the job to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
power wash, resand, patch, and seal driveway and patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 08/21/2022

Review for Hastings and Sons Concrete - 232 N Main St, Washington Court House, OH - 39844240

We went back and addressed the sanding issue that the customer was having we completely re-sanded the entire paver driveway for the customer as a courtesy for the trouble resealed everything the customer was happy

06/26/2022

Charles M.

We had a 20 X 20 patio installed with stamped stairs and raised landing at the back door. We worked with Adam and had our estimate completed and in the beginning We found Adam to be responsive and he explained things very well when discussing the project. He ensured us that before any concrete was to be poured they’d make sure everything was how we wanted it and that it was correct. Demo day came and they started installing the forms and due to weather they had to stop. Adam advised they would be back out to complete the forms and walk us through everything. Several days came and went and nobody showed up. Adam kept telling us we’re on schedule to have the pour and everything would be fine. Finally after a week the truck showed up at the same time the crew showed up to complete the forms. It was a cluster of a mess. Gavin was the crew leader and he was incredibly rude, even to the point of telling us to go back inside when we were pointing out things that were not correct and not how it was supposed to be. The crew was rushing, constantly missing things, and never at any time checked with us to see if this was how we wanted it and poured the patio anyway. Adam came back and looked at the project and I told him how Gavin treated us. They were kind enough to give us $200 off the cost of the project. Adam explained they would be back to do the stain/release and seal the patio. When they did come back Gavin was very sloppy, got stain on the patio in places it shouldn’t have been, missed spots on the stairs, and the overall quality was poor, and they kept telling us it’s supposed to look that way. Adam explained he’d be back in 30 days to check on the progress and he never came back. The stains never went away, chips and cracks started showing up on the patio. We sent Adam pictures and never heard back. After several weeks we reached out again and he said they had a crew out and would be out on 6/25/22 and they would fix the issues. We waited all day and nobody showed up. We texted Adam several times and never heard back. We’ve never been so disappointed in the quality of work, lack of professionalism and total disregard for somebody promising to fix something and never did. Bottom line once this company gets your money don’t count on them to fix anything in accordance with the contract/warranty, or call you back!! They make empty statements and promises and don’t stand behind their work period!!! This is a classic example of they don’t mean what they say! Good luck if you choose this company!!

Description of Work
Remove existing paver patio and stairs and install new concrete patio, walkway and stairs.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

Review for Hastings and Sons Concrete - 232 N Main St, Washington Court House, OH - 39779074

This patio project was repaired. We had two small tiny little blemishes on the patio that we fixed six months after we completed the patio.

04/26/2022

Jessica B.

I have been reaching out since December 9th about issues with the concrete you installed in July 2021. Since then I've been told someone would be out to assess and fix the problem. Although you tell me you're coming over on a certain date, you have never shown. You've put me in a bad position because the work you did is not satisfactory and needs to be redone asap. Two of my new slabs have cracks down the middle and need to be replaced. The areas on my old concrete that were nicked In July that your guys patched have crumbled so patching my new concrete is not an option as it has proven not to withhold for even a year. Lastly, the low spot under my steps is a major hazard as I've already tripped and fell because of it in October and it becomes a real issue when it's icy out. If you are unable to make me a priority after I paid $6452 in full and brought you business next door, as well, i need to be reimbursed for the 3 faulty slabs and i will hire another company to make the correct repairs. I have literally reached out 26 times and you still have not been out to visit and most of those times I don't get a response that you arent able to make it -you just didn't show up. So unprofessional. I will also be in contact with Angi regarding my dissatisfaction with their recommendation of your company. Jessica B. Loveland, OH

Description of Work
Concrete replacement

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

Review for Hastings and Sons Concrete - 232 N Main St, Washington Court House, OH - 39722200

08/05/2021

Rick F.

Hastings & Sons is an excellent company to work with. We had a couple of communication issues, but they took care of every detail. I would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
Concrete - Pouring & Repair of Garage Floor and Sidewalk

Work Completed On 07/31/2021

07/20/2021

Lunetta S.

The work was not completed timely. They started the project and I had to repeatedly call for them to finish. After the concrete dried the sealant was sprayed and it dried in splotches. Now I have a speckled patio that looks several years old. After numerous calls and emails they said they would come back and correct the sealant issue, but that has not occurred.

Description of Work
New patio installation

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

Review for Hastings and Sons Concrete - 232 N Main St, Washington Court House, OH - 39626156

This patio is completely stripped and resealed. We also issued a refund check to the customer for any troubles, and then the customer was happy with the final result.

05/12/2021

Anthony T.

The work was very professional. They did exactly what I asked, in a timely manner, at a very fair price. The workers were on time and very courteous. They did an excellent job of cleaning up and advising how to maintain the concrete pad and walkway. Family and friends were very impressed with the service and how everything turned out.

Description of Work
Concrete Pouring and Repair

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

I want to thank you for the opportunity to earn your business it was a pleasure to meet you and your family we enjoyed your project. If there’s anything you ever need in the future please don’t hesitate to reach out

04/30/2021

Dusty G.

Very fast and quality work. Also employees were very respectful of my property as they were working.

Description of Work
Concrete - Pouring & Repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

K p ok no I’m n. P. V no. ’. ! B nknnok nk. M o m knock me n &. Bj nb&?&?&?&?&?&. Obj k okkvkvbb k. K k. K. No b ok KB. m. M mm m m. M. p no k. M. M n n a n no n. N n ml Z I mno.

04/20/2021

Parker J.

It was very well. It was very pleasant. They were on time. The quality of their work was excellent. They were a top notch company. They went an extra mile.

Description of Work
They installed a new concrete driveway on my house.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

04/12/2021

phyllis R.

They did a good job and It's looks perfect. They were really nice and respectful.

Description of Work
They finished up my driveway. They built a patio and steps.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

04/09/2021

Diann M.

Excellent. Crew was very professional.

Description of Work
New concrete driveway

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

04/09/2021

Randy C.

outstanding. very efficient and friendly associates. they even did a few jobs not included in the original contract.

Description of Work
replaced half of back patio and added additional section to driveway

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

Contact

Phone

232 N Main St

Washington Court House, OH 43160

Website

www.hastingsnsons.com

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
    We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
    We accept remote payment