Skettle Electric Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 1999

3806 Bushnell Road

University Heights, OH 44118

7 Employees. family owned and operated. no subs. estimates given prior to work. hourly rates apply for service calls. travel charges apply when location is more than 5 miles from offices. extra charge for after-hours service. Award winning.

11/06/2022

Greg C.

First of all I had to use PTO time to take off from work. The electrician Carl came out on the first day with no tools to even fix it. He said his truck was in the shop but why would you waste my time and your time to even come out. Then he promised me to come out the next day and never did. He called the second time and said he would be out and said he was caught in the rain. The 3rd time he said he was tied up on a job and couldn’t come out. The 4th Time he said he was tied up on a job and couldn’t come out and will make it on a Saturday. Saturday came around and no call no show. What a waste of time.

Description of Work
Fix outside pole light in front yard

Category appliance repair, electrician

08/26/2020

Daniel K.

Pleasure to work with these folks. They were professional, clean, and on-time. Subsequent city inspection was seamless. They are my go-to for electrical work in the future.

Description of Work
Fuse box replaced by circuit breakers; outdoor motion light installation; upgrade incoming power connect to meet current code.

Category appliance repair, electrician

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed], for taking time to comment on the work that we completed at your home. It is greatly appreciated.

07/25/2019

Russ W.

I noticed a problem with our garage outlets. I tried to repair myself but I was unsuccessful. I called Skettle the next morning. Kathy was great on the phone. She said that they should be able to get someone to our house that afternoon. I got a call around 1:30 that someone was on the way. When the electrician opened the outlet box, his comment was that "wiring was really messed up". It took them about an hour to clean everything up and correct the original problem. I will definitely call them again if I need any electrical work! Thanks for being great!

Description of Work
Garage outlet repair

Category electrician

Thank you for taking time to comment on the work that we completed at your home. It is greatly appreciated.

10/23/2018

Jay G.

Called Skettle for what would've been an easy job for an electrician, but impossible for a DIYer for some lights installed and a junction box installed. Flat out told me the didn't want my business and it wasn't worth dragging out a ladder tall enough to install a chandelier. If they didn't want to build a customer relationship now they won't have another opportunity for it again in the future. Find a different professional that WANTS your business.

Description of Work
Lighting Fixtures installed, moved and a Junction box installed

Category electrician, lighting

I told Mr. [Member Name Removed] that we were booked until mid-November and that we would need to rent a ladder to complete the job that he wanted us to do. I told him that we were going to "pass" on accepting this job for those reasons. He is acting like a spoiled child, angry because he did not get his way.

07/15/2018

ANTHONY V.

Skettle Electric is the best in the business for fair price, high quality, responsiveness, and professional result. Because it is a family run business, you know that you are getting help with exceptional capabilities and expertise. Their years of experience on basic and complex projects is outstanding. I have used them a number of times on different electrician matters with great high quality and cost-effective results.

Description of Work
Indoor Electrical Work

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for your complimentary and detailed comment on the work that we do. It is greatly appreciated.

06/20/2018

DEB B.

Although I was scheduled for the next day, there was a nice surprise of same day service, as technicians were passing close by on the way to a scheduled appt. The outlet was replaced, the tech-in-training went to store to get coverplate, all within 45 min. Polite, professional. This was my 2nd experience with Skettle, will continue to keep them in mind.

Description of Work
outlet replaced

06/14/2018

Joseph S.

They did a great job. Efficient, honest and let me know everything they were doing.

Description of Work
Install replacement microwave, preplace several switches and outlets, replace bathroom celing exhaust/heater/light (they tested, it was not broken and saved me money).

Category appliance repair, electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you so very much for taking time to comment on the work that we performed at your home. It is greatly appreciated.

04/10/2018

CAROLYN G H.

Well. Very good at problem solving and problem solved.

Description of Work
replace fixture, check for faulty electrical connection

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for commenting on the work that we completed at your home. It is greatly appreciated.

10/18/2017

ANTHONY V.

This as outstanding family run business, so you know you are getting help with exceptional capabilities and expertise. They are the best in the business for fair price, high quality, responsiveness, and professional result. Their years of expertise on basic and complex projects is outstanding. I have used them a number of times on different electrician matters with great cost-effective results.

Description of Work
Outdoor light project.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you so very much for your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

08/07/2017

Stan C.

Very well completed in time and within quote

Description of Work
Main panel

Category electrician

Thank you for taking time to comment on the work that we completed for you. It is greatly appreciated.

07/24/2017

James R.

We've used this company many times in the past. We really don't even shop when we need electric work done. We just call them.

Description of Work
Installation of a ceiling fan. Repair and installation of exhaust fan.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking time to comment on the work that we performed for you. It is greatly appreciated.

02/12/2017

Yvonne M.

My first impression when meeting Skettle Electric was he was aloof and indifferent. I was right because I asked him questions concerning the job and all he could say was I don't know. He didn't sweep up after he finished the installment and I have newly sanded and refinished hardwood floors. The job took about 35 mins. only and then he overcharged me in my opinion. He charged me $90. His receptionist never discussed the pricing, for these kind of prices they should. His business is just around the corner from my home. I will never use him again. I don't like being taken advantage of.

Description of Work
Install a brand new crystal lighting fixture in an upstairs hallway.

Category electrician, lighting

Unfortunately [Member Name Removed] is one of those customers that will comment negatively, no matter what you do. Her comments were outright lies. She makes up things just to justify her comments. Please note that the fixture that she purchased was a floor model with missing parts. Please note that our service call charge is $95. We gave her a $5 discount.

09/22/2016

ML C.

Arrived on time and immediately went to work. Everything was done perfectly

Description of Work
Fix faulty wall switch. Install a chandelier and a light fixture.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for taking time to comment on our work. It is greatly appreciated.

08/14/2016

Anne P.

When I called to inquire about installing a new outlet in our kitchen pantry, to be connected to a panel in the basement just below the pantry, I was told that the cost would be between $150 - $200 and that a visit for an estimate was not necessary because the person answering the phone was so experienced in this type of work. I gave the go-ahead to do the work and we made an appointment for the following Tuesday, which they later changed to Monday. I took off work to wait for the electrician but, when he arrived, he said he was too busy to do the job that day but would take a look and give me an estimate, although I had been told earlier an estimate was not necessary. After hearing nothing back for two days, I called them again and was told the work would cost $400, twice the original price. I decided to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
New outlet in pantry connected to breaker panel in basement directly below.

06/07/2016

Charlene W.

Very professional job al laround. Highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside conduit and hung two ceiling fans.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

05/26/2016

Katelyn N.

Everything was great. They were very prompt and courteous, answering all my questions and making recommendations. All of the work was completed in a timely fashion and they cleaned up very well after! I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Updated and grounded 2 outlets. Changed a light fixture. Took a look garage door connection and an outdoor outlet.

05/18/2016

Robert H.

The work done is an accumulation of 'honey-do' projects and convenience items. Michael Pusati came out and gave us an estimate and we scheduled the work for the following week. I thought we were looking at a one day job, but it turned into 2 days and I am perfectly fine with that because all of the work was done with the skill and care of a true craftsman. We are extremely happy with the results. We don't know why we put these things off for so long? We look forward to having Mike back in the next few months to help with some other projects. Oh, and I can't forget to mention, Kathy is great to work with, too!

Description of Work
KITCHEN *Ran line for and install a GFCI receptacle for the instant hot water dispenser *Change receptacle on the island to a GFCI receptacle. *Ran line for and installed a dedicated receptacle for the refrigerator. *Convert counter top receptacle to a quad receptacle. *Ran line for and install a receptacle by the hutch. BATHROOM *Hard wired lighted vanity mirror in bathroom. BEDROOMS *Re-fed switch legs for two ceiling fans. *Ran line for and install a closet light fixture with a switch leg. *Ran lines for and installed customer supplied sconces with a switch leg in the master bedroom. BASEMENT *Install customer supplied light fixtures. *Ran line for and install a dedicated receptacle for the treadmill. EXTERIOR *Ran lines for and installed two exterior GFCI-W receptacles with in-use covers. MISCELLANEOUS *Inspect knob & tube wiring in the basement and made some repairs as needed.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

02/01/2016

SCOTT M.

They were prompt and completed everything that we requested.

Description of Work
Installed 3 new light fixtures and repaired outlets and switches

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for taking time to comment on the work that we completed at your home. It is greatly appreciated.

12/03/2015

James W.

They did a great job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a bathroom vent pan. They rewired the basement, garage, and garbage disposal with GFI.

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for taking time to comment on the work that we completed at your home in Shaker Heights. It is greatly appreciated.

11/25/2015

CHAD B.

Skettle guys did a great job - prompt, friendly, and efficient. Thanks!

Description of Work
Installed a bathroom fan/vent, updated some outlets, and re-hang a ceiling fan.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

10/02/2015

Bonita S.

I called yesterday to schedule and was surprised that they were able to send someone out today. Cassie is the secretary, and she was very knowledgeable and patient. Mike did a great job with setting up my motion light. I definitely see why they have the super service award and they will be my electrician from now on. Their pricing was also the most economical.

Description of Work
Installed a motion light on the back of my house.

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for taking time to comment on the work that we completed for you. It is greatly appreciated.

09/24/2015

Pam L.

When I called to advise them I was leaving, the scheduler offered to try to determine how far away they were. I declined, noting that I had to get to work (I had arranged time off for this appointment). Her response was "oh, I thought you were just back from taking the kids to school". (not sure how that makes a difference at all) She also acknowledged that she tried to "squeeze in" in the appointment, because they are "sooooo busy". Take their word for it. Too busy to show up. Call someone else.

Description of Work
They did not show up. I left after 20 minutes and no phone call letting me know they were late/on their way.

Category electrician

Simply said, I told you that the electrician would arrive between 9:00-9:15 a.m. I DID NOT say 9:00 a.m. You called me at EXACTLY 9:15 a.m. and said that you had left and that you could not wait any longer. I called my employee to find our where he was in his travels and he was on your street. If you had given me a chance to call you back, none of this would have transpired. I am not going to go one explaining things because obviously it would be a waste of my time and energy. I apologize for any inconvenience that I created for you, but I cannot help but think that it is probably best that this did happen. Your immediate and vicious attack on us on this website indicates that it would be difficult working for you.

09/11/2015

ANTHONY V.

This is the ideal company, a family-owned company with years of professional expertise and no subcontractors. Excellent work product by very competent professionals at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Electrical fixture work.

Category electrician

Thank you so very much for taking time again to comment on the work that we completed at your home. We especially appreciate your positive comments on the benefits of Skettle Electric, Inc. being a family owned company and having much experience. Thank you again!

08/26/2015

ANTHONY V.

Outstanding electrician work. Reasonably priced by very competent professionals.

Description of Work
Electrical work.

06/13/2015

LYNNE K J.

The technician that came out was Mike and he was just fantastic. We had several concerns about the electrical in our house and had several questions that he answered and informed us about findings. When he answered our questions he put it in a way that we would completely understand, very simple and straightforward. We felt a lot better after he left. He did everything very professionally, very efficiently and he is a very personable person

Description of Work
Light switches replaced, fixed carriage lights on garage, replaced carriage light next to front door.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you so very much for taking time to comment on the work that we completed at your home this past Saturday. It is greatly appreciated.

Hometown Electrical Doctor

We are a family owned and operated electrical service contractor. We perform new work, remodel, & trouble shoot. When you have commercial or residential work that needs to be done quickly and with an eye for quality, look no further than “ Home Town Electrical Doctor”. We have the most highly-trained, industry-certified master electricians with years of experience working for both commercial and residential clients. Additional phone number - (440) 653-8167 Cost is determined by the job.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Independence Electric

Residential and Commercial Electrical Contractor in the Independence Ohio area with 20 years of experience to help get your next electrical project completed.

STREB ELECTRIC

We have been a Family Owned business for over 30 years. We handle all Residential Service and Repair Electrical needs. No job is too large or too small. We belong to the Eaton Certified Contractor Network. We are a Drug Free Company and offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Licensed, Bonded & Insured. We use a Straight Forward Pricing system where you know the price of the job before we start.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Specializing in residential and light commercial electrical work. electrical repairs, panel & service upgrades, violations, remodeling, ceiling fans, fixtures, recessed lighting, security lighting, phone and cable & generators.

Do Not Do Appliance Repair Large Or Small