We accept remote payment

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2012

4.2

2077 Midway Dr

Twinsburg, OH 44087

"We don't want to be your first estimate. We want to be your final estimate". That's our motto at The Third Estimate. We want to ensure we earn the right to install a product that meets your needs and budget. Additional phone numbers - (330) 922-3200, (216) 937-2030 & Toll Free 877-442-4587.

08/30/2022

Timothy S.

We got new windows, siding and gutters installed. The work was completed on time and we are very happy with the finished product. The company's representative, Greg Stahre, was very helpful throughout the process. He was able to answer all our questions as well as make suggestions that helped us make decisions. There were a couple of small issues during the installation but Greg was able to resolve all our concerns. I would recommend Third Estimate to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Windows, siding and gutters on house and garage

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

04/19/2022

Larry D.

The contract said 5 to 7 weeks, and it was over 14 weeks before the job was started. I got less than 24 hours notice, which was unacceptable, since I had to notify tenants that the work was being done with less than a day's notice. I communicated to the salesman what kind of job I wanted done, which involved siding the entire exterior. I found out on the last day of installation that was not was being done. I was told after the fact that they completed the job that was contracted. BEWARE! The contract stated the "entire house". I accepted it only to find out afterwards that they "don't side over block walls". I was never told that upfront. They hang their hat on some very vague language in the contract. I explained to them my understanding based upon what the salesman said and my interpretation of "entire house" in the contract. I also explained that I had three lower estimates from companies who did not include siding over the block. which those companies clearly stated. When I explained that I would have selected another company with a lower estimate for the job if I didn't want the entire house sided, I gave them the opportunity to make things right with an insignificant cost adjustment. However, I was told "Sorry. You got what you paid for." There was also lots of excess materials left on the property and slivers of roof shingles scattered across the driveway. It took 4 weeks to get it all cleaned up. To be fair, the quality of the work done was acceptable, but I would not recommend them, nor ever use them again!

Description of Work
Siding and gutters

Category gutter repair, siding

[Member Name Removed], we are very sorry that this communication issue has lead to you being unsatisfied. I know that we have been in contact with you to see how we can make things right. Please see your voicemail- John reached out to see what day we can come out to paint the bottom half since we are unable to put siding on it. We hope you consider updating your review once we are completed. Thank you for the opportunity to make this right.

11/22/2020

Tim S.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS MESS OF A COMPANY AS POSSIBLE! Would you like to waste your time and money? Would you like to be repeatedly lied to? How about leaving your yard in shambles for weeks after being told it would take 1-2 days? How about them using your personal property as ladder props? How would you like them to not even finish and tell you they did?! How would you like to have them “fix” all this, only to make it worse ? How would you like all your shingles to be wavy with nails sticking out ? Yes? All of this and more could be yours if you choose The Third Estimate! Worst possible nightmare experience of ANY company in my life. None of this is exaggerated, I promise you that. They’re lucky we didn’t sue them, but I was leaving on deployment and didn’t want anymore hassle. The only thing they did right was give us a FULL REFUND because they knew the work was garbage. Stay away from Theresa

Description of Work
Roofing replacement AWFUL

Category decks, roofing

We do not deny that there were issues with the said job, but we addressed all issues and over a year before this review was written we finished the job at this home. Our company fired the installation crew immediately after the initial install and reinstalled the entire one slope of the roof that had concerns. We addressed all punch-list items that were brought up with the homeowners and did not give a full refund because the job was bad. We gave a discount because there were concerns that we don't normally have and wanted to make it right. Ethically that was the right thing to do. Have a nice thanksgiving, [Member Name Removed]!

07/16/2020

Chris F.

Josh was excellent! We had storm damage and he made the process so much better helping with the insurance company, assisting us on color selection of shingles, and coordinating the actual replacement. The account administrator from the main office, Stacey, was pleasant and helpful as well. I have already referred friends. Keep up the great work!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category decks, roofing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your experience! We appreciate your business and the people you've already referred to us! We are very glad to hear Josh was of help assisting you through the insurance process- Doing it by yourself can be trying! We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Josh and Stacey as well. Thank you again, please let us know if we can help with any projects in the future.

06/25/2020

GINA N.

Very professional company. Great communication. My new roof looks GREAT! Would definitely recommend to family and friends in the future.

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW ROOF

Category decks, roofing

[Member Name Removed], on behalf of our entire team- Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our company! We are so glad to hear that you're satisfied with the completed look and we hope to get the opportunity to work with you for any projects in the future. Thanks again!!

07/08/2019

caroline L.

We had our roof redone, siding on the entire house, new side door and windows. The company was great. They worked well with the insurance company. The service was superb! I would recommend them anytime and I will do more projects with them.

Description of Work
Insurance claim

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your kind & detailed review! We are SO pleased that your experience with us was a great one. It was a pleasure working with you both and we look forward to working with you the next time you need us!!

03/22/2019

Ambee B.

Highly recommend this company! Frank who came out to do the estimate was the most nicest easy going gentleman I have ever met. Josh and Marvin who came out to do the repairs on the roof were very polite. Every time I called the company Stacy answered in a super friendly voice and addressed everything I needed in a very timely matter. Needless to say I would for sure use the third estimate for future repairs if needed. They exceeded all expectations.

Description of Work
Roof repair

It was such a pleasure working with you and your husband. Josh and Marvin RAVED about what a great experience they had working on your home. We look forward to working with you again on any future projects! Thanks so much for your kind words, we really appreciate it!!

07/18/2018

Brenda R.

This company is terrible! Every job they scheduled no one showed up or called. I was told 2 days on windows and it was done in a day, job wasn't complete. Roof was to take 1 day it took 2. Siding was a 2 day project that took 5. Many many mistakes were made. Quality of work was terrible. My lawn was ruined. They used my flower beds, lawn and porch as their personal ashtray. We had to help complete the work and do the clean up! So many issues and my house still isn't finished. This has been the worst experience and very stressful.

Description of Work
Siding roof windows. Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

04/10/2018

Joanne G.

We were very pleased with the quality of the workmanship. We did have a small issue with two of the windows and they were out within the week to fix the matter to our liking.

Description of Work
New windows

Category roofing, replacement windows

We, at The Third Estimate, appreciate your business and your honest review. Small things can happen in the home improvement process, but we strive to make your experience exceptional and really am glad you are now enjoying perfect, energy efficient windows. We truly enjoyed working with you and look forward to improving your home again soon!

03/12/2018

Josslyn H.

Couldn't be more satisfied. The man was very polite and friendly. Very organized and never stopped working until the job was done. He did a wonderful job installing and cleaning up after himself. I am very pleased with my new windows. They are a much better window than the ones that came with the house. The sales representative was also very nice and knowledgeable, answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend The Third Estimate!

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to tell our future customers about your experience upgrading your homes windows. We truly believe in our windows and know that we are delivering a quality product at a great price. Thanks again for your business and enjoy the energy savings you probably will see over the next few months!

08/09/2017

Greg S.

This was in fact my third estimate for this job and am I glad I called them. No gimmicks, no pressure, no buy one get one free and no buy today and save even more. A straight forward estimate and a salesman who said call me when you're ready! The windows are great! Quiet, easy to open and to clean. The installer was outstanding. He cleaned every bit of debris and the outside trim looks fantastic. I'll be calling them first next time I need any home improvements! Very professional, prompt, courteous and honest

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category replacement windows

Thank-you for allowing us the opportunity to have improved your home. We truly value you as customer and are so glad that you are enjoying your new windows. Call us whenever you need any additional home improvement jobs done, we will be glad to help. Thanks again!

06/23/2017

Jon W.

a little slow to get started, but completed work in 1 day

Description of Work
roof replacement

Mr. [Member Name Removed] thank you for your comments about your recent roof improvement. We have been busily addressing 100's of wind affected homes, that were damaged during the catastrophic storms earlier this year. We realize that your projects start time was slightly delayed, but are glad to have been able to provide you high quality products and installation. We are so very glad that you are happy with the finished result and look forward to working with you and your family again in the future.

06/21/2017

Cindy B.

The roof looked nice but had to have them come back after a punch list/walk down of completed job was done. The punch list included replacing some damaged shingles, replacing a damaged vent, repair cap sticking up at top of a valley and that on 3 of the roof vents they had not cut holes into the roof for air to vent through them. They had only screwed the vents to the roof. By early 2016 there was water running down the interior wall of the living room, down behind the interior wall in the living room, damaging the ceiling in the basement and rotting wood out. I had a local contractor do the repairs. He said the cause was poor workmanship and the fact they did NOT install what the contract said would be installed. I called & emailed The Third Estimate Corp. 5 times asking that they reimburse me the $975. I was told something to the effect that I was wasting my time and money if I took them to court. I ended up taking The Third Estimate to Small Claims court. Judgement was in favor of me. I have yet to receive any money from them. Judgement was for $975. The local contractor wrote a letter for me explaining the damage that had been done and why. I have also sent a letter to The Third Estimate on 4/10/2017 but have not heard from them.

Description of Work
Contract was to remove old shingles and replace shingles, add roofing felt, add ice and water shield, install roof vents, clean up. Price was over $9,000.

We at The Third Estimate installed the [Member Name Removed] roof in 2013. We came out after installation, went over the installation with the homeowner and fixed any and all concerns that she had. We customarily provide a one year labor warranty and even though she called well outside that time frame (3 years later) we explained to her we would come out and look at her home and fix anything that she was having issues with. She took it upon herself to have a local contractor do work to her home and then send us an invoice. We would have rectified any issues, but are not going to reimburse for work completed by another company. We try to please every customer we do business with and truly are sorry we could not come to a resolution on this matter.

02/07/2017

Virginia B.

The windows are beautiful and we are happy with them. We can feel the difference in the temperature and have had to turn the thermostat down. Additionally, I open the blinds and shades up each morning. That is something I hadn't done in years and didn't realize I wasn't doing. It is so nice to look out through the new windows, everything is so clear and beautiful. On a scale from 1-10, I would rate the window installation as a 10.

Description of Work
We had 14 windows installed on two floors.

Category replacement windows

We are so glad you are enjoying your windows! It sounds like they are already paying for themselves with the heating savings. To hear you say that they are bringing you joy and allowing you to enjoy the views from your home again really is what it is all about for us! Thanks again for being a part of The Third Estimate family and we look forward to working with you for years to come!

01/09/2017

C B.

Looked nice on top, BUT underneath the shingles, work was not done properly or correctly which led to water leaking into the house, down the inner wall and into the finished basement. I had repairs done properly by a different contractor. They showed my why the roof leaked. I won my case against The Third Estimate Corporation for the cost of repairs I had to have done. As of yet The Third Estimate Corporation has not paid me the money I won in small claims court.

Description of Work
Roofing work.

09/17/2016

Michael M.

I've been waiting for a Roof Inspection (report) and a CAD drawing from an inspection done in January 2016. I've called many times to get the inspection report and CAD drawing on my roof. I bid on a Neofill auction and won. Order Number: nb_xcle_167038 Auction(s): 437742: "The Third Estimate - Roof Inspection with CAD Drawing" Subtotal: $25.00 Processing Fee: $2.00 Tax: $0.00 Total: $27.00 The operator I've talked to has been great, but whoever is getting my message's needs a reality check on how to do business!

Description of Work
Did not provide me with a Roof Inspection (report) with CAD Drawing I paid for through a NeoFillBids Online auction.

We spoke with Mr. Moriano and did come out to inspect his roof. We gave him a verbal inspection and refunded the money that he paid for the CAD drawing, since that was not a service we still provide. At this time both our company and [Member Name Removed] have come to a resolution and we hope to work with him in the future.

08/21/2016

Douglas D.

So professional and efficient, excellent job, hard workers and very personable. We were extremely please with how quickly the work was completed and they were very neat and cleaned up all debris. We did have two other estimates and the cost quoted was outrages, our advise is to make The Third Estimate your first and only one, you will not go wrong.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and soffits, garage and bathroom windows.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

01/08/2016

Tim O.

I contracted with them for new siding and insulation which has not been completed. The product manager that was there was rude arrogant and un knowledgeable.My main issue is that they have never finished the job, they did 95% of the work and the 5% of the work they didn't do was the most important part of the contract. Several Items that I contracted and paid for did not get installed. I spoke with the president of the company, sent photos of the deficient work, followed up with a certified letter and haven't received a response two months on.

Description of Work
They worked on the siding, roofing and gutters of my house.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

When hiring a contractor it is common to do a walk through with a customer on completion of the work, it is often called a "punch list". When work is completed we will walk around the project with the customer and make sure all work is satisfactory before payment is made. If items are not 100% we will create a punch list of items that need addresses or corrected prior to making final payment. In this case we had completed siding for [Member Name Removed] and we walked around the house and created a punch list of few items that [Member Name Removed] asked to be corrected and agreed to pay his final balance on completion. Once that punch list was completed he had made payment and created another punch list and said he was not paying the company in full because his new punch list. As a reputable contractor we pull permits in every city. In this case the city had already agreed the work was done correctly and had signed off on the project. Make sure when you hire a contractor they pull permit. You should never pull your own permit. Also make sure you get a "waiver of mechanics lien" from your contractor. You want to make sure the workers and suppliers don't decided to put a lien on your property because the contractor didn't pay their suppliers. Remember it's so much harder to get a good review than a poor review.

11/24/2015

Michelle F.

Job was performed by a sub contractor but work was done and at a good price.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters and installed gutter guards on 6 condos.

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/01/2015

liz T.

The contractor did not adhere to his own written contract. Left a Firestone brochure indicating they would use Firestone material on my roof. This is a fraudulent practice. They did not use Firestone and they have never told me what material it is they used. No removal of my old roof as signed in their contract. No dumpster provided for removal of the old roof. No Firestone material used. Poor shingle installation. Shingle installers caused an upper roof area to blow up in the wind because they did not nail this area back down when finished. Large puddle remains on upper roof area because they did not replace the sagging plywood as Promised. No foam board or insulation board was used. They actually left my roof in worse condition than it was. I request my deposit of $3860 be refunded. I hope you can help me with this situation. A gutter cleaning company was here yesteday (11/05/2015). They brought down a box of nails and chunks of shingles that the Third Estimate Company left in my gutters. They commented that it was so unprofessional and would have caused huge ice damage with clogged gutters. They also told me the roof is covered with large areas of standing water. These areas were created by The Third Estimate Roofing Company. Thie Third Estimate only created new and additional problems for us. Not what we were promised verbally and in writing! He kept my deposit of $3869.00 and never finished the job or performed according to his contract. No response from this Company. They lied to the BBB and told them I said I was satisfied with my roof. Bold lie! You really need to investigate them and assist us. Thank you

Description of Work
Singed contract Nov. 5, 2014 for a roof tear-off and new Firestone EPDM rubber roof to be installed. My old roofing material was to be removed, foam board or insulation board was to be screwed down on to the plywood and the new EPDM material was to be glued down or fully adhered. I knew there was a sagging area on the upper roof and asked that plywood be delivered so they could replace the sagging plywood. None of this was done! Started the job 4 weeks late, only because I said we should cancel the contract and wait until spring. A dumpster was not delivered , my old roof was not removed. The rubber roof supplied is not even Firestone. The old roof is modified bitumen, a petroleum based product. EPDM is never to be installed over a modified bitumen roof because it will deteriorate the rubber roof. Contractor has emailed one source that states EPDM over mod bit is okay. I have 7 sources that says this should never be done, including Firestone and Johns-Manville, who each stated they would not warranty my roof. There are large folds and wrinkles covering the entire roof. One large puddle is always there measuring 5' x 7' because they didn't replace a sheet of plywood in this area to correct the sag. The material should have been fully adhered, but it is only glued in various places, hence all the folds. Shingle sub-contractors were sent to install new shingles. They removed all the nails holding down the roofing material on a roof that was not replaced. They threw all the nails in my gutters and never nailed down the top roof folded over the top row of shingles. On a windy Sunday in March, we heard loud pounding on a skylite window. The upper roof material had blown up and folded over itself and was pounding on the skylite. The Third Estimate Corp. never has returned that phone call, so we were forced to hire a roofer on a Sunday to go up and nail about 30 feet of the roof material back down. We also were shown where the shingle subs installed the shingles with puckers and left raw wood edges exposed and not covered with material. The Third Estimate Corp. has never returned a phone call or answered a Certified letter. They have kept my deposit of $3869.00 for a year. I have had 5 other roofers over and they each have said they never saw such shoddy workmanship and the rubber roof and my old roof will have to be removed now. I would like my deposit of $3869.00 returned. The Company should have followed their written contract and removed my old roof material. Now I have two layers of roofing material that needs to be removed. This was a nightmare and should never have happened!

10/06/2015

Abbey B.

Working with The Third Estimate from start to finish was very easy. Dan Holcomb arrived at my home approximately 2.5 weeks prior to the start of the project. He took photographs, completed measurements and asked me my wish list during the first meeting. Shortly after the meeting, I received an email, text and personal phone call regarding the estimate. After finalizing paperwork, the company was able to have the remodeling crew at my home within two weeks. The complete project took seven days. The project included: -tearing out a closet in the bedroom -building a small shower (including plumbing that did not exist) -removing tile in bathroom and kitchen -putting down brand new tile and grouting -pocketing two bathroom doors -re-surfacing walls in both the bathroom and bedroom -primed walls and painted (two coats) -added an electrical outlet and shower light/fan (bathroom did not have electrical outlets) -added all new woodwork (and painted) -window replacement -towel bars, assist bars hung As you can see from the list, the remodeling crew had a very large task to transition my half bathroom to a full bathroom in seven days. The crew was timely, friendly and worked quickly. The final project is breathtaking! I would highly recommend The Third Estimate for any home remodeling needs!

Description of Work
A complete remodel of half bathroom.

Category roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling

[Member name], Thank you again for the work we are glad you are happy. If you need anything in the future we will be here for you.

07/12/2015

Robert P.

basically they are stealing my $450! How thieves like them can stay in business is beyond me

Description of Work
I signed contract for gutter repair and paid $450 deposit on 5/21/2015. The estimated completion was 1-2 weeks. after 2 weeks I contacted them about a updated completion date, the woman at the office said she would call back later in the day with the date. She did not call. the next day I called the person that signed the contract he said he was in his car and when he arrived at his destination he would call back with completion date. he did not call back. I waited 2 more weeks then called the office again, was told by woman she would definitely get back to me by tomorrow at the latest, she did never call back. the next day I filed a complaint with the BBB requesting a refund of my deposit. as of 3 weeks later they have not replied to my complaint. I have contracted with another contracted to do the repair

Category gutter repair, roofing

06/25/2015

Keith M.

This provider fist came out in March of 2015 and gave an estimate. They have yet to begin work on my property and refuse to give me a refund.

Description of Work
Repair ceiling due to ice d*** damage

Category house painters

05/18/2015

David H.

It was a great experience after many estimates I decided to go with The Third Estimate as they seemed to have the best value and most options for my budget. We did all the paperwork and they made the sunroom they came out and built the foundation for it and then installed the sunroom in just a couple days. They left my property spotless I was very impressed. We are already enjoying our new sunroom.

Description of Work
Installed a sunroom on the rear of my house

Category roofing, sunrooms

04/16/2015

Joan C.

When I looked for a roofer on your site, Third Estimate Corp received the best reviews. As I read however, I saw that they use IKO shingles...the defective shingles we have now. Our insurance adjuster informed us that there is a class action suit against the manufacturer of these shingles. I'm not sure how they ended on your site, but I'm very disappointed,

Description of Work
I haven't called them.

Hi Joan, It's too bad you did not contact us. We carry all six major manufactures of shingles (GAF, IKO, Owens Corning, Tamko, Atlas, and Certainteed). Yes it is true IKO has had a class action law suit over defective shingles made over 15 years ago. Unfortunately, every manufacture has had a class action law suit over the manufacturing of their shingles. More recently, GAF has a class action suit filed for shingles made over a 8 year period. One thing we have learned is the internet has a a lot of of information about manufactures and products and it can be confusing. Our goal has to always been to help guide our customers though our experience with manufactures, products, and installation to get the right product for your home.