Smart Choice Windows & More

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2011

At Smart Choice Windows and More, our goal is to exceed all of our customers' expectations by providing them with Quality products, Professionally Installed, at an Affordable price. From start to finish, we communicate with you throughout your home improvement process. We never take short-cuts.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

window replacement (39)door installation (4)siding companies (4)roofing (3)gutter repair (2)glass block (16)solar companies (2)awnings (2)egress window (1)

03/24/2022

Jennifer D.

It is an older house and in particular the exterior door project was challenging. The team did a great job!

Description of Work
Installation of exterior door project and front window

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate it very much. You and your family were patient with us as we ran into a few challenges. We thank you for the opportunity to serve you well!

08/19/2020

amanda C.

AMAZING! I first met AJ who walked me through the process and made me feel at ease. I chose my materials and signed the contract. It took about a month to get the materials back. But once they were in, 3 days later and my project was complete. It is BEAUTIFUL! The guys who did the work were all very kind. They worked hard and cleaned up each night better than it was the day before! My entire neighborhood keeps telling me how good it looks. I think they are all jealous. I went with Shake siding on the front...it looks like a coastal cottage almost. So lovely. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND. Great from beginning to end. Thank you all!

Description of Work
New siding - total tear off, new insulation, new siding installed

Category awnings, siding

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Thank you so much for describing your experience and the beauty of your "new" home. There was a lot of back-end preparation and coordination needed to make this a success. Your home is pretty close to the neighbors house. We knew we had to time everything to make sure we would be out of their driveway area as fast as possible. You were very patient with us and we are tremendously proud of the finished job.

04/04/2019

Len C.

The quality of the work was excellent. The installers were courteous and professional and didn’t cut corners which impressed me. The whole team from AJ, Bob, Mark and the rest of staff exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend them and not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Siding, Gutters & Sliding Door

Category gutter repair, siding, doors

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

02/24/2019

Brian B.

The window job at my house was going to be huge. It was a window that was approximately 5 ft x 7ft. It was located above a door and transom and was not going to be easy. My wife and I searched around looking for the right company to do the job. I thought I had them but they canceled three scheduled dates. Then backed out claiming the leaking of my window was to risky of there being water damaged for them to take responsibility for. Thanks, Window World. When we searched around again. I paid more attention to customer reviews and Solar Windows rated very high and customer write ups were good. When Mark Capitoni the salesman came to our house the pressure was not there like the other companies that came to our house for customer quotes. So, we went with Solar Windows. I was contacted the night before letting me know when the crew would be there. A crew of five guys arrived on time. They all very friendly and they explained how the job was going to be done. They started the job and were AMAZING at removing the old and installing the new window. This job was completed in approximately 3-1/2 hours! Solar Windows gets the future jobs that we need at our household. Thanks!!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 02/24/2019

Review for Smart Choice Windows & More - 8301 Pearl Rd, Strongsville, OH - 37730370

02/23/2019

Brian B.

Description of Work
New window

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

Review for Smart Choice Windows & More - 8301 Pearl Rd, Strongsville, OH - 37730372

01/28/2019

B K.

I had 11 windows and Wrapping completed in January 2017 and I was completely happy with the work. I decided to have the remaining 12 windows installed. I am extremely pleased with the Windows and the trim. I would definitely recommend this company if you are thinking of buying windows.

Description of Work
Remaining 12 windows installed

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

11/20/2018

Louis G.

the company had a miscommunication as to which crew did what? One assume the other crew was to do the window trim. It was resolved immediately the company did apologized for the mis communication. finished work and appearance look very good.

Description of Work
replacement windows and repair of aluminum siding about 10 runs

Category egress windows, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review and the candidness and detail. We are so happy we could save you money by installing aluminum siding panels where needed, in addition to your windows and aluminum capping around your entry door. Every day it seems fewer home improvement companies will install aluminum siding panels. Several of our staff members either grew up in Lakewood, or reside there now. We are so happy to see folks like yourself maintaining the older, well built homes in the neighborhood. Thanks again for the opportunity to serve you!

10/23/2018

Paul L.

Installation crew used was careless and did a less than professional job.

Description of Work
30 window install

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

09/07/2018

Dusan I.

fantastic job, A+ in all areas! went the extra mile in numerous ways, from removing the satellite dishes that were abandoned by the vendor years ago, to meticulously cleaning up after the job was done. They even replaced the facia boards that were rotting on my shed, even the one at the back of the shed which is never seen! would not hesitate to do business with them again!

Description of Work
tear off of two layers of roofing, new roof, new skylights

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your new roof and detailing the work provided. Roof installation is one the most labor intensive of home improvements. Especially if there are skylights involved. Should you have any questions or concerns, we are a call or an email away,

12/21/2017

linda B.

Very good,and excellent result from beginning to end.

Description of Work
I am very happy with the window that was installed by Valerie and John from Solar Windows.Through the process I was looking for a good window and A.J help me to order the window that I wanted and this made me confidence with the product that I received.This is 5 stars for excellent,quality service from a respectable company.

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

11/07/2017

bruce M.

John and Valarie were very efficient. Their attention to detail and workmanship was very impressive. The windows look great from both outside and inside.I would highly recommend Solar Windows to anyone. And maybe you'll be fortunate to get a team like John and Valarie to do the work.

Description of Work
Five living room cottage style windows installed by John and Valarie

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

10/26/2017

erich A.

As planned. The installers (Val and John) were personable and they didn't mind my ten-month-old boxer hanging around. Cleaned up afterwards. Showed how to open the windows for cleaning.

Description of Work
Replacement windows for the attic.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

Thank you for taking the time to let other members know about your experience. We strive to be mindful of our customers' homes (and their pets). We appreciate the opportunity to serve you well!

10/13/2017

Toni S.

Great! I will call them back in the spring to do the rest of my windows

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

10/12/2017

Toni S.

Great! Will call them back in the spring for additional windows. There was no push to get it all done at once.

Description of Work
Good service the installers Valerie and John were phenomenal. Did a beautiful job. AJ at Solar windoe\ws was great to work with he was patient and explained everything and answered every question and concern I had. Best prices around and the quality is great.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

Thank you for describing your experience with our company and crew. We additionally appreciate you mentioning to other Angie's List members we did not pressure you to get all your windows replaced at the same time. We look forward to serving you again when the time is right for you.

10/07/2017

James A.

The job was completed in a timely and very professional manner. The workers were very polite, friendly and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to have them do additional work for me.

Description of Work
Had 9 old basement windows replaced with glass block windows

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

Thank you for your review and for the opportunity to serve your glass block needs. We are looking forward to installing your new siding on your home.

10/06/2017

Ben Z.

Solar did an excellent job on our roof as well as leaving our yard clean. All of the workers were nice and easy to speak to. All around good experience, and will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and reinstall new asphalt dimensional shingles.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

Review for Smart Choice Windows & More - 8301 Pearl Rd, Strongsville, OH - 36369078

Thank you so much for the positive feed back regarding our company and the installation of your new roof. Thank you as well for posting a picture of your home after the roof was installed. A lot of people do not realize we do in fact install roofs and our guys are absolute professionals at their craft. More importantly, you took the time to recognize the work and the attitude of our team. Thanks again [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity to serve your family!

09/28/2017

JOHN S.

All work performed has been professionally performed. Installs went relatively smoothly, debris was completely removed. Roofing crew went above and beyond to protect my neighbors property while removing three layers of old shingles. Window installers were quick and efficient replacing the twenty two windows in my house and conducted themselves in a friendly and professional manner.

Description of Work
After much internet searching and having a number of home improvement companies come out for estimates, Solar Windows and More's quotes came in thousands less for comparable products than quoted by the nearest competitor. I had twenty two vinyl windows a new roof (3 layer tear off) , vinyl siding and gutters installed by Solar Windows and More.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

08/02/2017

Mary T.

Our salesman was very professional as well as personable. Some work had to be done in our garage and it was left neater than when they began. The work was done quickly and precisely. our windows are beautiful and when price was compared, Solar Windows was by far the best deal for the best product.

Description of Work
Windows replaced.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. It truly was a pleasure to serve you and [Member information removed]. We are thankful for the opportunity to make your home more beautiful, and we appreciate the kind and descriptive words about the job and our staff.

05/25/2017

missi H.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!! If I could give a higher score I would. The work was extremely professional and gorgeous. And extremely quick. AJ and his crew are timely, meticulous and very professional. I really can't say enough good things about this company. I recommend them highly and would definitely use them again if the need should arise.

Description of Work
I had 22 windows replaced and a new storm door and front door also replaced

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

Review for Smart Choice Windows & More - 8301 Pearl Rd, Strongsville, OH - 35118349

[Member Name Removed], On behalf of our whole staff, we want to say thank you for the opportunity to serve you well. The quality windows you chose should make a huge impact on your comfort level in your home this summer and the coming winters. The entry door and storm door color you picked out was a perfect combo for your siding color. Thank you again for allowing us to make as you called your home: "[Member Name Removed]'s Heavenly Hideway" that much more heavenly.

03/24/2017

Zachariah K.

This is a great company that I had replace 10 windows for me. The price was extremely competitive. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The crew that did the work was very professional and courteous. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get windows replaced/repaired in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 vinyl windows.

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

We are so glad you are pleased with our staff, our installation process, and the price of our windows. We appreciate it when our Angie's List customers take the time to express their happiness with the end result of their new windows (and more). Thank you again Mr. [Member Name Removed]. It truly has been a pleasure to serve you well.

10/06/2016

Becky R.

Excellent! from the initial quote through to the window removal, new window install and the clean up. The owner stopped by as requested, provided the quote and I paid 50% down. The windows were ordered and arrived as promised. The crew showed up on time and jumped right into it. first day they got all the old windows out, and the new windows in and weather tight. Next day they finished up the exterior cladding and cosmetic stuff. All the windows were set properly (I watched) and sealed inside and out. They did a great job of protecting my rental house and the tenet's property. I wanted a nice mid-quality window, not too expensive and not too cheap for the property. I am very happy with the fit and quality. Although they are vinyl windows the hardware and the features are nice and sturdy. For example the flange that you pull up on to open the windows is thick and strong, should not break off like some cheaper windows do. Over all excellent from start to finish. I have the window company for my house and my other rentals going forward. Thanks!

Description of Work
I needed the windows replaced in one of my rental properties. Almost every window in the house. 14 windows in total.

Category awnings, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/05/2016

Thank you so much for the kind and candid words. We do our best deliver what you were promised. We are all so glad to hear you were pleased with our sales staff, our installers, and of course the windows. Thank you again for taking the time to let other Angie's List customers know about your positive experience with us. We look forward to serving you well in the future!

08/10/2016

william M.

They were on time and did a excellent job .what i liked the most is that the windows look great .the young people who did the work were polite clean .they worked so well together .enjoy them .great workmanship .

Description of Work
put in front and bathroom windows

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

04/06/2016

Mariah B.

I have owned my house for 7 years and have over the years received a lot of quotes for windows from many companies. This is the ONLY company that made it convenient to receive a quote, they did not try to upsell me, understood my budget, they were calm and patient with me and my three rambunctious kids! And most of all DID NOT MAKE MY HUSBAND HAVE TO BE PRESENT FOR THE QUOTE (so he did NOT have take off work or leave early to get home and our dinner and nap time was NOT interrupted). The crew they sent to install my windows was Aaron and his co- workers. They were amazing Aaron and his team went above and beyond to not just install my windows but, make me feel comfortable with having them in my home. They again were patient and kind with my children running around. They made it a POINT AND TOOK EXTREME EFFORT to cover all my furniture, fixtures, kids toys, and floors with plastic (we had lead in our windows so this was greatly appreciated). Aaron the supervisor was very knowledgeable of the dangers of lead. I was impressed with the care and attention he put into making sure I knew he was taking every step to ensure my families safety. The workmanship they exhibited was amazing they paid attention to detail (my neighbors were outside the moment they pulled out of my driveway admiring the great job they did!). I have used other window companies before and was very disappointed and felt scorned by the window industry. Solar windows has restored my faith and trust and I look forward to doing more business with them in the future.

Description of Work
Solar Windows quoted and installed ten luxury windows for me. I had windows installed previously by another company in a different part of my home that needed repaired they took the time to fix those windows as well.