Lane Upholstery

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2002

4123 Kenneth Rd

Stow, OH 44224

USES SUBS FOR FRAMEWORK ON CUSTOM FURNITURE. CHARGES FLAT RATE. ...

02/04/2016

Stacy B.

06/30/2015

Patricia B.

Description of Work
They completely reupholstered a three cushion sofa, and a wing back chair. Very knowledgeable and professional.

01/18/2014

mark B.

Description of Work
Misc repairs to sectional, including reshuffling cushions and repairing zippers.

Category furniture repair

02/19/2013

carolynne B.

excellent overall experience

Description of Work
Lane upholstery accepted a last minute job and truly took me out of a bind. I talked and worked directly with Mr. Lane who was very professional. The upholsterer that I thought I had was unable to do my job so I called Lane and he picked up from other upholsterer and took over job. Their work was excellent and I am very pleased with every apsect. They finished my chairs within my deadline and all work was quality. I highly recommend them and would definitely use them again.

01/29/2013

Michael W.

I took the seat cushions to the store after receiving a labor estimate over the phone. Mr. Lane and I went over the job in detail and he was truly concerned with doing a quality job. I picked up the cushions on time paid the original estimated price. I was quite satisfied with the quality and workmanship. I will definately contact them for any future work that I may have.

Description of Work
Reupolstered three couch cushions. ndFragment-->

10/29/2012

Kathy P.

My experience with Lane Upholstery was very positive. From the day I dropped off my chair to the day I picked it up, I was treated like I was the only customer they had!

Description of Work
My cats had ruined one of my favorite chairs and I didn't want to throw it out, so on a recommendation from a friend I took it to Lane Upholstery. Mr. Lane was very friendly and showed me around his shop. He measured my chair and wrote up an estimate. I left my chair in his hands and was told it would be ready in two weeks. Sure enough, at the end of two weeks the chair was done. When I went to pick it up I was pleasantly surprised. It looked even better than imagined!

01/30/2012

Anita G.

It went very well. He was able to order the foam and did the cushion in three days. I was very pleased with the quality of the work. He matched the fabric very well and the cushion looks exactly like the others. He worked with us on the price because he didn't have the fabric that matched, so we bought it elsewhere and brought it in. he gave us a discount and didn't charge us for using our own fabric. He was able to work with us on that. He normally charges if you don't use his fabric but he didn't charge us for that. He was very good to work with.

Description of Work
We had lost a couch cushion and Lane Upholstery of Kent did a whole new couch cushion for us. They covered it and got the foam and all that.

06/20/2011

DEANA B.

I really love dealing with Bill. He has years of experience and is both knowledgable and honest. When you ask his advice, he gives it. He is enthusiastic about the finished product. I only gave him a B for price because I think that he is not the least expensive upholsterer you can find. His work however, is worth the extra money! I liked his work on my small chair so much that I have given him more work. I will report again when I get these larger chairs back. I have found Bill's guidance on fabric choice, his attention to detail, and his professionalism a real help in making my favorite chairs last another 15 years!

Description of Work
Had small swivel chair reupholstered in a striped fabric.

11/18/2010

BRENDA P.

We needed a sofa for our newly decorated family room. I had a choice between buying a new one and having an old one re-covered. I knew that the quality of a twenty-year-old Hickory Chair sofa would be better than anything purchased today, but I was very nervous about how a re-upholstery job would turn out. I found Mr. Lane through Angie's List and asked him to come over for a quote. We talked about the things that needed to be done to bring this sofa back, and I knew immediately that Mr. Lane would do a great job. We couldn't be happier with the result. The final product is just what we were hoping for. I think the sofa actually looks better now than it did new. I am planning to use Mr. Lane again for a chair in my living room. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Mr. Lane upholstered a Hickory Chair sofa that is about 20 years old. He basically re-made the sofa. Not only did he cover it in new fabric, but he also reinforced it. I had never liked the single cushion on the sofa, so he replaced it with two new cushions. At my husband's request, Mr Lane made the cushions extra firm. I should point out that the cost given above is the cost of labor, materials and transportation but does not include the cost of fabric.

07/15/2008

Joyce R.

Highly, highly recommend. Mr. Lane is a gem, and his work is exquisite. I was leery about getting the chairs done and I was not sure how they would turn out and have heard all sort of horror stories about OTHER re-upholstery work. He came highly recommended and it was worth every penny. The chairs look better than when I bought them 22 years ago. Mr Lane was very kind and very accommodating. He bent over backwards to explain everything in detail and be as helpful as possible. There is no one better. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
We had two stuffed wingback chairs and an ottoman reupholstered.