Highpoint Lawn Service

Founded 1979 • With Angi since April 2005

4.3

4272 Hudson Dr

Stow, OH 44224

Additional DBA - Prusa Inc. Locally owned & operated. Additional fax - (330) 655-7869. Additional phone - (330)454-9900.

12/21/2017

Christy P.

Highpoint’s fall application of fertilizer and weed control ‘browned out’ my entire lawn. They applied their treatment on Sept 15th. Two days later it started to turn brown. After two weeks, it was completely brown. Nate came out to look when I was not home. He decided the brown lawn was not their fault. He said the browning was due to shade, trees and lack of rain. Meanwhile, all of my neighbors’ lawns were, and are still, lush. Even after I made multiple calls and sent photos for them to review that clearly showed the damage, they continued billing me. It is now December and I am still dealing with the muddy aftermath. Be warned about this company. Their website boasts of a nonexistent satisfaction guarantee. See Before/After photos below

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer program

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

09/13/2016

Gary S.

In a word, lousy. I've been a customer of Highpoint for years, and the quality has degraded to the point that I will no longer use nor recommend them. I recently started mowing my own lawn again and have discover that the lawn was full of weeds. Weeds of all kinds, clover, crabgrass some I don't know the name of. The lawn looks like I haven't paid anyone to keep it in good shape. When it was brought to their attention I received attitude, just attitude, no remedial action to address the problem. On the next scheduled treatment, a received a handwritten note on the bill that the weeds were taken care of, they weren't. I don't know if the quality of service is dependent on the technician, but I do know my lawn looks like it hasn't seen fertilization or weed control in years.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization/Weed Control/Pest Control

08/13/2015

Michael M.

professional and friendly. missed some spots first few times. all ok since then.

Description of Work
lawn fertilization

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

03/02/2015

Carol G.

It always goes very well. We get 5 treatments a yr

Description of Work
They’ve applied weed killer and pre-emergent and fertilizer

Category pest control

01/25/2015

Joseph J.

Had them come to my home to give me an estimate. The technician seemed to know what he was talking about so I agreed to have them fertilize my lawn. I asked to be present when the application was applied and requested a phone call. They did apply the first application and I found out by my video security system. I. Wedged to ask a few questions but when I called, there was no answer, no answering machine or voice mail. After tryin for 4 days, I finally was able to contact then. I cancelled the service. The technician told me how could make my lawn look as good as his. I found out where he lived and decided I wanted my lawn to look a lot better. I have since moved on to a new service which I am completely satisfied wit.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer

01/13/2015

VIVIAN S.

Lawn looks good. I called once about problems on tree lawn and they came out promptly with another application of weed killer. Last two fertilization s though we're only two weeks apart.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weed controll.

06/17/2014

David F.

They are very cordial and professional. Work was done as promised and the lawn has no weeds and looks great.

Description of Work
Lawn service for weed control and fertilization

09/14/2013

Geoffrey - Jeni N.

Prompt response to calls, quotes and concerns. Unfortunately, the outcome was poor. Crabgrass, Broadleaf, Thistle througout several applications. Called to complain and they were out promptly. Individual applying applications no longer with the company but the outcome is still the same. End Result: Suboptimal performance. People may doubt what you say but they will always believe what you do. Will use another company next season.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization / Application of Pesticides

06/24/2013

Diane A.

Their customer service and technicians are great. My lawn has never looked so good.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization treatments.

05/21/2013

Paula C.

They are excellent. I rate them very highly, they're perfect service, very effective lawn service, and they always show when they say they're going to, they're very dependable. We continually use them, we renew them every year. We've used them again this 2013 in the spring. The price depends on the service and they come out I think 4 times a year so we have them come out and so I couldn't really quote to a price on it but we think it's worth it. I don't have anything to compare it to, I don't know what services cost to compare so it's probably not fair to them.

Description of Work
For our lawn, we've used Highpoint Lawn Service.

04/15/2013

Denis W.

Showed up on the date and time promised. Spent 45 minutes talking to me. Likeable, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Consultation and estimate. They walked around the yard with me, offered advice, explained the services and provided an estimate. Very professional and courteous.

02/22/2013

Julie D.

They definitely did a good job of keeping the weeds away. We had a problem with chinch bugs and they got rid of them. They always communicated well and let us know when they were coming and what they did on each visit.

Description of Work
Highpoint Lawn Service did weed control fertilization and pest control for our lawn. They did five treatments throughout the summer.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

07/10/2012

Julie D.

They are convenient. They let us know the day before that they are coming and we don't have to be home when they come. It is done and we don't have to worry about it. They do 4 or 5 treatments over the course of the season. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. The people in the office are extremely friendly.

Description of Work
We used Highpoint Lawn Service to apply fertilizer and anti-weed lawn treatment.

07/10/2012

James S.

We have been with them now for 2 seasons. I think they have done a good job. They communicate with us about things they see when they come here. They come on time. They yard looks better since they have started coming here. I am pleased.

Description of Work
They did a full yard fertilizing; and then spot on insects and weeds.

06/14/2012

Susan F.

They have always provided good service and displayed professionalism. My lawn looks good. Highpoint's technician calls in advance to let me know that he will be coming the next day so that I can coordinate with my lawn maintenance service, if necessary. I recommend their services.

Description of Work
I have used Highpoint Lawn Service for lawn fertilization and treatment for a number of years. My lawn is serviced about five times a season (fertilization, weed control, insect control, etc). The amount paid (approximately $345.00) is the prepaid amount for the entire season, although Highpoint also allows payment as each individual service is provided.

04/13/2012

Merle A.

They are thorough. They are cognitive of my privacy and they are clean. They put everything back, if they have moved anything they move everything back where it was previously. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I use Highpoint Lawn Service for fertilizing, spray and weeds. The last time they came out, they took care of the fertilization of my lawn and took care of weeds or unwanted growth.

04/12/2012

Elma P.

I called them to come out and they said they would be out the next day. They called back and said they would be out next week since they are training people. That was three weeks ago and we still have no one to treat our lawn and have not heard from them since.

Description of Work
They were supposed to treat our lawn.

01/18/2012

Carol G.

The technicians call ahead to schedule service so you can plan your outdoor activities. They are courteous and professional.

Description of Work
For the past two years we have used Highpoint for weed and feed treatments for our lawn. We noticed a lot of improvement the first year, and even more the second year. We had been using another company that did not provide comparable results.

12/28/2011

Julie D.

The best part is that they are so friendly; you call them up with questions or billing issues and they are extremely responsive. They don't try to get you to spend extra money; they found we had chinch bugs and developed a treatment for that and I thought we may need to replace part of the yard and they said we could wait on that so I liked it that they did not push us to spend extra money. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Highpoint Lawn Service for four treatments for weed control and lawn fertilization.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

06/29/2011

James S.

We like them a lot. The guy who comes is very pleasant, personable, very thorough and careful. I have an annual contract with them for six applications. They do the fertilization, weed maintenance and insects for the entire season. They blow off all the walks to make sure nothing is left which is an extra touch. I have not seen any other company do that and it looks nice when you do it. Their price was less than other services for what they were doing. I called them once for doing some extra treatment on the yard and they came right out. They wear uniforms and they drive a nice truck with all their equipment.

Description of Work
Highpoint Lawn Service people were here about a week ago doing one of the treatments; probably the third one of the season.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

07/07/2010

Joseph W.

After calling 3 times to complain about the quality of service, they sent someone out to look at my lawn. Never did hear back. They did however do an additional treatment (at my expense) which doesn't seem to have done anything. I realize the grass won't be perfectly green due to the excessive heat and lack of rain, but they could at least address the weed situation. When I started with this company 3 summers ago, they were great and completely responsive. Our rep's name was Rick. He has since been moved to 'bigger' lawns in Hudson and now we have another person who doesn't seem to know what he's doing. It's not uncommon to see the effects of uneven application of fertilizer and the disregard for broadleaf weeds. I keep my lawn mowed to 4 inches and always water in the early morning. Tips I learned from our previous rep. In other words, I know what I'm doing and I can legitimately expect better service for $60. p.s. I'm one of several people on my street who use Highpoint but not the only one who feels this way.

Description of Work
Highpoint does our lawn fertilization and weed control.

08/15/2008

Hobson H.

They always follow through with placing a warning sign on the lawn that it has been fertilized. They also call before they come out to remind when they are going to do service. They also listen to any requests, like if I want to mow my lawn, they will wait to do the application.

Description of Work
They came and did a routine lawn fertilization treatment for me.

01/10/2006

DONNA B.

Fertilizer applications were properly spaced out over the growing season. Weeds and insects were kept under control. Service people were courteous, professional and friendly; offered helpful advice when asked.

Description of Work
This company provided 5 fertilizer applications and grub and insect control treatments.

05/03/2005

SUZANNE L.

WE HAVE USED OTHER LAWN FERTILIZATION COMPANIES BEFORE AND THEY ALWAYS TRY TO SELL YOU OTHER PRODUCTS. THIS COMPANY IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND DOES A FINE JOB. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS THEY WILL COME RIGHT OUT AND ANSWER THEM FOR YOU. WE HAVE USED THEM FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE IN THE FUTURE.

Description of Work
5 LAWN FERTILIZATION TREATMENTS FOR BOTH OUR FRONT AND BACK YARD. PAID ENTIRE BILL EARLY TO GET A DISCOUNT.

04/27/2005

Jane B.

WE HAVE USED THIS SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN PLEASED OVERALL. HIGHPOINT HAS PROVIDED THE SAME 'TECHNICIAN' FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE TIME AND HE IS COURTEOUS AND EFFICIENT. WE HAVE ONE OF THE BETTER LOOKING LAWNS ON THE BLOCK. HOWEVER, THEY DON'T DO ANY SPOT TREATING OF WEEDS OR CRABGRASS.

Description of Work
HIGHPOINT LAWN SERVICE PROVIDES A SERVICE THAT PUTS FERTILIZER AND WEED CONTROL ON OUR LAWN. THEY ALSO PROVIDE PREVENTATIVE GRUB CONTROL (WHICH WE USE), LIME, OVERSEEDING, AND CORE AERATION (WHICH WE DON'T USE).

Greener Grass Organic Lawn & Pest

Greener Grass is a full service organic lawn care company. Our mission is to provide a safe, effective and affordable alternative to traditional, chemical lawn care. We provide seasonal fertilization and weed control packages using organic products. We take a unique, ground-up approach to lawn care, focusing on the overall health of the soil. This allows for a vibrant, healthy lawn without all of the chemicals.

Akron Pest Control

Akron Pest Control is a family owned and operated company that has been servicing the Akron area since 1945. We are now in our third generation of ownership! We have 5 Licensed pest managers certified through the State of Ohio Department of Agriculture. We give free estimates over the phone. All treatments come with a guarantee!

Virtuoso Landscaping

Virtuoso Landscaping has over 17yrs of experience in landscaping and building outdoor living areas on a varying scale for both commercial and residential customers. We are a small enough company that we retain a personal touch with each customer throughout the design and creation process, yet we are large enough to develop grand-scale outdoor living areas. We can build a single planting bed to grow perennial flowers, or we can develop an area of five acres or greater involving numerous elements, phases and contractors. We believe it is important for an outdoor living area to feel like an extension of your home. Our mission is to build a landscape project that is architecturally relevant, relaxed and constructed to fit the natural setting of your property. We work to create the feeling that the inside of your home simply flows outside.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Lawn treatment, fertilization & landscaping.