Buck Jones Roofing Windows & Siding

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2001

2016 King Dr

Stow, OH 44224

I have 7 employees, I do not like subcontractors.

05/14/2021

ERIC N.

If you're looking for a reliable, honest contractor who will do the work and honor the warranties, Buck Jones is NOT the person you want. The original work will be done in a timely manner but any problems you have later will not be taken care of. I had 2 doors installed and had problems with both soon after the job was finished. They were not installed properly in the first place. Buck never responded to texts or calls. I had someone else take care of them. Had a window seal break and Buck told me to call, order the new glass and told me to change the glass myself! He even came to my house to show me how to do it instead of doing it himself. Modern Builders replaced the glass. Again, Buck did NOTHING on any problems after the fact. I had windows, doors, siding & roof done. You would think he would be honest and responsible enough to do the right thing. He isn't. He was right there to take the money when the job was done but not to take care of the warranty work later on.

Description of Work
Windows, roof, siding & doors.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

This is not accurate , he is mistaken about the doors ,but he did contact me about one of the windows that I installed some years ago that had a problem. I Immediately contacted him to find out the problem.This is under the manufacturers warranty and they are very good about this. I gave him the window manufacturers service number and the part number that is on the window. I explained that its an easy fix that you snap off a strip piece and the part comes out and put in the new piece and snap back in the strip, this doesn't take long its easy and they can do it or take it to there local distributor (the window company also has a service man) I was out his way some time after he had gotten the piece and stopped in to see if it was in , he hadn't had it put in so I said grab a putty knife ( easiest way to pop the strip off) but it was still a little to cold. I showed him how to do it or take it up the road to the local distributor when it gets a little warmer or if I'm in the neighbor hood again id be glad to stop . A couple days later it warmed up and he called me , i did return the message that - I'm not near and if he needed it that day that he could run it up the road 15 minutes to the window distributor or he could pop it in. He took it them and they did it ! So the window maker replaced the part and installed it .This was taken care of and they stood be hind it in a timely manner and his time frame . 1, this was the windows manufacturer warranty and they completely took care of it and the cost was him driving 15 minutes. I think this is a positive 2, I even stopped to help him pop it in and was willing to stop again when in area even though not my responsibility. Whats sad about this is I thought more of them than just a customer,I have stopped in the past. I had tea at their kitchen table , he told me about his past business and why he got out of it, another time we talked in the living room about their dog (he is awesome) Hard to believe his complaint when everything was fixed, Its just sad

08/12/2018

Tim O.

Outstanding job. Buck thoroughly reviewed different options. His quotation was excellent in explaining the options. His crew was extremely professional. They were very thorough at protecting our property and cleanup when the job was finished. This was extremely important to my wife. Buck was in constant communication with his crew and me to ensure the job went smoothly. I would highly recommend Buck Jones Roofing. I don't usually write a review on a product or company. In this case, I felt a review was definitely warranted!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

09/03/2017

Mike B.

I was very happy with everything. Roof and gutters look great, the price was reasonable, and Buck was great to work with. I had a few minor concerns, but Buck came out and took care of them right away. He even did a few things I wouldn't have expected a roofer to do: remove an old antenna and replace a leaning, rusty, furnace flue pipe. I even had one roofer that came out for an estimate specifically say he wouldn't touch either. Buck was happy to oblige.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters.

06/05/2017

Cid C.

Very pleased with the work and installation process.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement. Solar tube installed.

04/11/2017

Sandra M.

Very well. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Repair of trim around house caused by wind damage.

07/26/2016

Dee M.

01/11/2016

Pam M.

Description of Work
Did an excellent job replacing our roof and skylight. Crew polite, good at their job and cleaned up everything even nails with big magnet retrieved and Ll debris taken away.

12/13/2014

chester M.

They did a great job. He worked well with the insurance company to get the thing done right. I was very pleased with that. It was excellent. They cleaned up really well after themselves. They got around the yard with a magnet to make sure there were no nails. They were excellent. They were very responsive. He came when he said he`s going to come. I even had a little problem afterwards and he was there the next day to look at the problem. It wasn`t related to him but he gave me an advice on it.

Description of Work
I had storm damage and Buck Jones did the repair.

11/10/2014

Jason B.

I left two detailed messages requesting service, but never received the courtesy of a phone call in return. I was under a time deadline set by my insurance company, and waiting to hear back from this company was inconvenient.

Description of Work
Nothing. Unfortunately they could not be bothered with returning a phone call.

10/31/2014

Luke P.

Buck Jones promises high and over delivers. He is quick to respond and will not stop until the costumer is satisfied. The crew is hard working and respectful. With this company you do not have to worry about who is showing up to do your roof. His crew has been with him for many years. The roof looks fantastic and the new vents will hopefully help our ice dam problem. Buck Jones is a man of integrity. We will never do business with anyone else. You will not be disappointed with this company!!

Description of Work
New roof, complete tear off, with extra vents Flashing around chimney and porch Fixed gaps in siding

07/31/2014

James V.

Called to have roof repairs done. He was booked up but took the time to drive by and look the roof over and return my call to tell me what I needed done and what to expect from other roofers so I wasn't talked into something I didn't need. Was above and beyond so even though I would use him in the future on that alone.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

05/20/2014

PAULA S.

The tear off and reroof took only a few hours. Clean up was very good. The two workers were professional and told us what they needed to do to replace the rubber roof. There was a slight increase in the quoted price as there was some wood that had water damage. We had no problem with the extra cost - what had to be done, had to be done.

Description of Work
Replaced a rubber flat roof on attached, enclosed sun porch.

05/03/2014

Kevin N.

Buck Jones called the next day after receiving my message and went by the property the following day. Within 3 days he had a written estimate to me. Out of the 3 roofers I contacted he had the best price and one roofer never showed up and the other only gave an oral estimate. Because of our terrible winter Buck Jones had to wait until spring to do the job, but put me in line early, arrived when he said he would and finished the job in one day. He cleaned up everything and my tenants said his crew was very nice and worked hard. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Tore off 2 layers of shingles on house and replaced with new. Tore off 2 layers on garage and replace bad plywood and installed new shingles

04/30/2014

Kellie R.

I called Buck Jones Roofing because there was mildew growing on everything in my attic. He did a great job explaining to me that the roof wasn't leaking, there was a lack of ventilation causing moisture to build up. He gave me the estimate in late November but, of course, couldn't do the work until the weather warmed up. When he did come in March to do the job he did a FANTASTIC job. Very neat and professional. When it is time to replace the roof I will DEFINITELY be calling Buck Jones Roofing!!

Description of Work
Installed a ridge vent and improved soffit ventilation

08/29/2013

Garey S.

They were professional, prompt and gave a good price. They returned my calls quickly when I had questions about the product.

Description of Work
We used the services of Buck Jones Roofing Windows & Siding.

07/16/2013

MARGARET C.

They do a good job. If there is a problem he is out here on it. They are good people.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on my house.

07/09/2013

Linda C.

We have had him service in the past. I guess most important is the punctuality and integrity and we just appreciate the quality and craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Buck Jones Roofing Windows & Siding did roofing, siding and windows done.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

05/28/2013

Natalie M.

He was very knowledgeable. He came out and got the work done right away.

Description of Work
Buck Jones Roofing Windows & Siding helped us with our chimney. He came and fixed the way our chimney cap was.

Category chimney caps

05/16/2013

Mary Jo R.

His prices are very reasonable. He is thorough, neat, and did the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
He tore off our old roof and put on a new roof. He also installed vents throughout the roof.

01/22/2013

Robert K.

I contacted Buck and scheduled a time for an estimate to replace my roof. He arrived at my home on time and looked over the project. After he finished he invited me to hop in his truck and we spent the better part of the next hour traveling around the city looking at some of his completed roofing installations. When we returned we reviewed some samples for color selection and style. Buck left a few samples for my wife and I to consider along with the estimate. We obtained a second estimate but ended up hiring Buck. We were completely satisfied with the final work and yard clean-up.

Description of Work
Completely satisfied from estimate through completion of the project.

01/09/2013

chester M.

Buck was very responsive and did what he said he would do. This was very reassuring after calling several other roofers that did not show up or call back. After calling eight other roofers, I received one other quote. Buck called me before the scheduled work to advise me that the shingles and supplies would be delivered. The roofing crew showed up on scheduled time and began work. They constantly took care to discard the debris from the old roof into their truck. They put down tarps around the house to catch other debris. The crew leader advised me of the various things they were doing. Buck contacted the Insurance company on items they over looked on the claim. When the job was complete, they did an excellent clean-up. They went around the perimeter of the house with a magnet to pick up any old nails from the old roof removal. They were true professionals.

Description of Work
They replaced entire roof that had hail and wind damage. Some roofing wood had to be replaced because of water damage. Fan vent hoods needed repaired. Roof vents needed replaced. Old roofing needed removed and hauled away.

11/12/2012

Charles S.

Everything was performed per the estimate and done in just a couple of days once they started. Worked quickly, did a good job and cleaned up when done. Very happy with the quality of the job.

Description of Work
Not the cheapest estimate we received, but they do good quality work, do it on time, do what they say they'll do, and clean up after. We've used them to re-roof two houses now and I'd use them again.

07/30/2012

Sue H.

Overall I was very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
I used their service for a new roof.

11/15/2010

Tammy B.

We asked for a quote on replacement windows and the owner, Buck Jones, was at our house the same day. He explained the different types of windows as well as the energy credit that we could qualify for. His written estimate was right on- we paid the same amount. He also did not want any money until the job was completed to our satisfaction. His team of 3 guys did a 2 day job in one very long day and they were very polite. Mr. Jones stopped in a few times to make sure we were happy with the progress and he arrived on completion to collect payment and deliver our warrenty information. We have used the company before for roofing and will do so again in the future!

Description of Work
Replacement windows on 12 windows in our house. A team of 3 guys worked to remove and haul away the old windows. They installed 12 new windows and capped and caulked each one.

Category roofing, replacement windows

09/02/2010

Maureen C.

He was lower than everyone else we checked with. It was excellent. He was very professional. They were very clean, they put tarps down before they started doing the windows. They cleaned up the work site very well. Buck Jones himself told us if we ever have a problem to just call him and he really means it. Everyone that was working for him was also very professional and nice.

Description of Work
They did siding and windows.

Category siding, replacement windows