Action Door Service

Stow, OH 44224

Garage Door & Opener Sales & Service

08/28/2017

Erin C.

Responsive, fast and efficient. Fixed the problem quickly. Performed a quick maintenance as well. Service person very knowledgeable and repaired quickly. Called again when I had a sensor problem a few weeks later and helped fix over the phone so that they wouldn't have to charge for someone to come out. Very nice. Would recommend for anyone that needs work done.

Description of Work
Garage door would not go down.

07/08/2017

Ramsey A.

He corrected the problem and lubricated the necessary parts as well.

Description of Work
Could not get garage door opener to operate properly!

03/27/2017

Lawrence P.

They did a great job. The work was done in one visit.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage doors and installed 2 door openers

09/28/2016

James H.

Bill did an excellent job. He was professional and we were very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
We needed 2 springs replaced on our 16X7ft garage door, and general lube, check up.

06/09/2016

Laurie K.

Chris arrived at the designated time and promptly got to work. He was very courteous and neat. Cleaned up after install. Explained how to use the overhead unit, the keypad and the remote controls. Gave me pointers on what to do on an annual basis to keep everything running smooth. Made sure that I had all the warranty information and the instructions for the remotes. Extremely satisfied with the level of professionalism and expediency!

Description of Work
Removed old garage door,springs, tracks, rollers, sensors and overhead opener as well as keypad and remote controls. Installed brand-new everything from the sensors to the springs to the door to the overhead unit.

05/06/2016

DANIEL C.

Our garage door opener came loose yesterday and the rail mount broke free from above the door. When that happened the tension spring "sprung" and unwound itself. I called around 4:30pm and they got us on the schedule for the next morning. Jason and James came out and were great! They got right to the problem and had it fixed in less than 20 minutes. Took a look at the rest of the door to make sure nothing else might break. They were also kind enough to give me some advice on an issue I was having with the sun interfering with the safety photo-sensors. Overall a great experience.

Description of Work
adjusted the tension spring on the garage door

03/25/2016

Lorraine G.

Good Friday - I called at 3:00 tech called right back said he would be here in 30 - 45 minutes Jake was here and gone by 4:30 door is fixed and working great!! It was an emergency repair so it cost a little more... with service like that it was worth EVERY penny!!! Jake was super friendly and got right on it! Thank you Action Door and Jake!!

Description of Work
replaced spring on door, checked all the parts

01/14/2016

John T.

I scheduled an appointment for a garage opener replacement assuming that the old opener had failed. The service technician, Mike W., arrived promptly and thoroughly inspected and tested the door hardware and opener components, (springs, rollers, screw drive), before just going ahead with the scheduled replacement. The problem was the old opener as anticipated, but Mike made sure that this was really the problem before doing the replacement. Mike had detailed knowledge and experience related to garage doors and openers and was able to educate me not only in the newly installed product, but also in openers and doors in general. He took the time to program and explain the operation of the new opener and also to check and lubricate the garage door hardware. He also gave me good advice on how to maintain the opener and how and when to lubricate the door springs and rollers. He even took the time to look at my openers on my barn doors and adjusted one and instructed me on how to fix the other! Mike was professional, enthusiastic and very positive about his job and his company. Many times customers are skeptical about companies having the customer?s best interests in mind, but I am confident that Mike W., (and Action Door Service by association), had my best interests in mind. I was very satisfied and would highly recommend Action Door Service.

Description of Work
Inspected old garage opener, door springs, rollers and bearings. Replaced old garage opener with a new one after determining that the motor had failed on the old one.

01/13/2016

Kenneth T.

One spring broke on double-wide door, about noon on a Friday. Both cars were in garage, could not raise door manually. When we called, were told that tech would be there by 5 - he arrived earlier (no problem!). He replaced both springs, adjusted & oiled everything that needed it, tested everything, in about an hour. Door had been noisy -- now quiet. Tech showed me what needed to be lubed, and how often. Completely satisfied!

Description of Work
Replace both torsion springs; adjust tracks; lube all hinges, rollers, springs.

05/11/2015

Phyllis S.

I contacted Action via Angie's List and described what we wanted. I had a call back very quickly and the technician was at my house within a couple of hours. The work was done quickly and he was very polite. He walked through the operation of all aspects of the new opener, and even helped me program the Homelink in my car! We're very happy with the service from Action Door.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door opener and external keypad

02/21/2015

David L.

I was satisfied. I don’t think there was any additional charge. Everything went fine.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for Action Door Service. They took apart the springs and cleaned it and re-greased it.

02/11/2015

Mary S.

Everything went really well. The young men were very nice that came out.

Description of Work
They replaced two single garage doors.

02/04/2015

terrie D.

They were prompt and professional. Everything we bought still works. They didn't take too long.

Description of Work
They cleaned and condition garage door and re keyed garage door opener.

09/11/2014

Barry C.

The job went really well. He was on time and quick. He was very very efficient and responded to all of the questions that we had.

Description of Work
They replaced the bottom rubber and retainer on two garage doors, they also lubed and oiled both. They also tested the safety equipment and aligned the doors.

08/05/2014

Kathy B.

Price was quite reasonable. Service was prompt, courteous, and professional. I would use them again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Removed old garage door opener system, which was broken, and installed new one, which was quieter and had additional safety features.

05/20/2014

Richard D.

They were excellent. They were prompt. It was actually much quicker we would have expected them to get here. I think we called them and maybe they’ll be able to come tomorrow but they came the same day which was nice. The tech was very nice and very helpful. He explained what he was doing. It was a little pricy but on the other hand, they were so prompt that I didn’t mind.

Description of Work
I used Action Door Service to fix the switch for my garage door and install a new outdoor keypad.

04/18/2014

Eric H.

Everything went smoothly. Technician arrived on time and cleaned up afterwards. I likes that the pricing was up front with no surprises.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener with a new one (just the installation) and replaced torsion spring.

04/14/2014

David N.

Very good job. The Service Tech was highly professional.

Description of Work
Replace garage door spring

04/13/2014

Rebecca S.

service was prompt, professional and the new opener has worked well, even through this last miserable winter

Description of Work
take down old opener/install new opener/adjust tracks/install photo eyes and wall console/lube and oil all hinges, rollers, and spring

04/07/2014

debbie P.

I was communicating to them via emails because I ended up being in the hospital. There is nothing negative about them because they came out and did exactly what I asked by giving me a quote. It went well that way but as far as anything else I cannot comment because I really did not get to use them or follow through with the whole thing. They were very prompt with regards to the email and the quote. I had two quotes from two different companies and they both did very well.

Description of Work
Action Door Service gave me a quote for a new garage door.

03/26/2014

ROBYN T.

They did a fine job. I had no complaints. They seem to have done a good job. I think the price was good.

Description of Work
Action Door Service reconditioned the whole garage door and fixed and replaced parts in it.

03/17/2014

Brett M.

Excellent work at the quoted price. Same day service to repair broken springs

Description of Work
Replaced garage door springs

03/15/2014

Eldon M.

Took 4 hours to install and was completed to my satisfaction. No downside.

Description of Work
Installed double door, tracks, opener, etc.

03/13/2014

chester M.

They advised me of a time and date of work. Tech. called before coming to remind me. Tech showed up on time.and was very careful to prevent damage. The job was done with quality and timely. Clean up was perfect.

Description of Work
They replaced garage door opener.

03/03/2014

JAMES O.

Prompt response to my call; provided a bid which turned out to be accurate; serviceman showed up on time and did a great job of replacing the garage door; removed all the material from the replaced door; work was just as I expected and am totally happy with the choice of the vendor and the result.

Description of Work
Replaced our garage door

Elevate Garage Door Co.

Elevate Garage Door Co. is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Progressive Building Supply

Progressive Building Supply is a Marvin & Windsor Window & Door full service dealer and Certified Installer. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Prestige Door, LLC

Get the best garage door repair and installation services in Akron, Canton and Northeast Ohio from the experts at Prestige Door, LLC. We offer same-day repair service on garage doors and garage door openers. We use only the highest quality garage doors, door opening systems and support materials from reputable manufacturers like Haas Door, LiftMasters, Genie, C.H.I. and Wayne Dalton. We understand you have many different garage door companies to choose from when you need to replace, repair or service your existing garage door or garage door opening system. That's why we have dedicated ourselves to building a reputation of putting our customers first and always striving for nothing less than your complete satisfaction when the job is done.

2022 Super Service Award