CJS Asphalt & Sealcoating

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2012

CJS Asphalt & Sealcoating offers professional, comprehensive asphalt services for commercial and residential needs. Our professionals expertise can be trusted in all aspects of installing, repairing, and maintaining asphalt pavement. We use materials that meet and exceed industry standards in order

A Service Provider's profile imageBeforeAfter

driveway pavers (254)concrete repair (32)tree service (3)lawn care (1)

10/05/2021

terry B.

Another perfect job! Thank you so much. Honest company that will not do work you do not need.

Description of Work
Sealing my blacktop driveway

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

12/18/2020

pete P.

He keep saying he was coming for 4 months, never showed, now he doesn't answer phone Im stuck in mud all winter. Very unreliable and should not be trusted at all ! ! ! !

Description of Work
Asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Hello, I’m sorry we ran short and had to shut down due to the corona virus. Also, a couple of my employees came down with the virus as well. If you would like us to fix this issue and schedule you for the upcoming season that would be great. I’m sorry to hear about all the issues you feel you’ve been dealt. Call anytime as we can get this fixed. Thanks, LeighAnn

10/26/2020

Liming B.

I saw the company coupon from Angie's list. I requested an estimation from Angie's list website on 10/8/2020. I made several follow up calls and also texted the owner. Craig texted me the rough estimation on 10/12 based on the measurements I told him and told me that he can do both the concrete floor repair and my driveway in two weeks. I texted him again on 10/20 to confirm the starting date, he then told me that the weather not looking good for asphalt this year but he still can do the concrete work for me. Yesterday I texted him again to check the date, this time he told me they are close for the season. I am not satisfied with their service and poor scheduling. I wasted a large part of Oct because of them. Now the winter is close, it might be too late to do the work this year.

Description of Work
Driveways and concrete pouring/repair

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

I’m sorry you feel you’ve had a poor experience. Unfortunately, due to the corona virus we ran short in our season. Along with two of my employees that came down with the virus as well. If you’d like to call and talk things over that be great. We can reschedule this and fix the problems you’ve encountered. Thanks, LeighAnn

07/30/2020

James P.

Craig contacted me immediately and was able to do the job the next week. He gave an estimate via text, came (almost) on time (he got lost but got in contact with me), and finished the job quickly and cleanly. I was surprised how easy this was and how professional he and his crew were. I'd definitely recommend his services.

Description of Work
Sealcoating a 1 year old driveway

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

Thank you, we appreciate your business. Call anytime in the future for continuance maintenance. Thanks.

10/24/2019

Edward C.

Craig and the other man were nice, but driveway really needed more prep work, after dry looks like alligator skin - looks bad will haft to redo in spring - maybe have ground down and resurfaced - just thought it would look better then it does - wish i could post pictures so you could judge for yourself !

Description of Work
Sealed cracks with rubber and seal coated

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Review for CJS Asphalt & Sealcoating - 737 W High St, Springfield, OH - 38193272

Yes, It is very common some driveways need two coats and done every couple years to get the life of the drive. I reccomend getting a second coat this season as it wont take as much seal and we can discount the price as it wont use as much product. Thanks, LeighAnn

10/04/2019

Jason F.

Excellent, we spoke on the phone and I was put on the schedule for just a couple days later. The team arrived on time and went right to work. They answered my questions and were completed in about 3 hours. The price was what was quoted and the finished job looked great. It's been a couple weeks and it still looks as it did when they finished.

Description of Work
Seal small cracks and seal coat asphalt driveway on my home

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

Review for CJS Asphalt & Sealcoating - 737 W High St, Springfield, OH - 38152561

Hello. I am glad to hear you are satisfied. If we can set you up for a maintenance program feel free to call or text anytime. 937-284-0692 Thanks, Leigh Ann

08/17/2019

Mark F.

This company -- the owner -- is, no kidding, passionate about driveway sealcoating. The owner was the first to respond and although he was slightly higher in cost than other bids (about $40 higher), he came after only four days, arrived on time and actually had both a sealcoating truck and the necessary tar equipment (including a propane heater) to accomplish the work. He and a helper edged the driveway grass, removed the debris from the driveway and then sealed the "big" cracks with hot, liquid tar. Then he covered the driveway section by section with sealcoating. Bottom line. Professional, punctual and he offered a 10% "senior discount." I was so pleased with the work, I gave him the 10% as a tip. I'd use this guy and his company again. Nexr year.

Description of Work
Driveway crack filling and Sealcoating

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

07/30/2019

Jim D.

We were very fortunate, crew was close finished that job, did ours. They had it done in a couple of hours. The pavement has held up very, very well. I would/have recommended these people to anyone

Description of Work
Complete drive way paving, 3400 square feet

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

07/13/2019

Ken M.

They did a good job, no complaints.

Description of Work
gravel on driveway

Category driveway pavers

Thank you. I appreciate the positive feedback.

07/12/2019

Jennifer G.

Very well and job looks great! I will use them for future services! Also had additional cracks filled

Description of Work
Driveway sealing

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]. You seemed very sweet and understanding. I knew i could promise you 100percent satisfaction with our product and honesty. Hope to see you in the future. Always love yo help ones that help us!!

07/10/2019

Dave S.

CJS did a great job. I had work done 2 years ago by a different company and was very disappointed in how their work held up. CJS repaired cracks with hot pour crack filler which is far superior to cold pour used by previous company. Worth the extra money. Will use again.

Description of Work
Blacktop repair & sealcoating

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

Thank you for your review. Well appreciated,sir!!

07/06/2019

Betty J. M.

We went with another contractor's estimate, but we were impressed with the thorough estimate we were given by this company. The work was completed in June and we are happy with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Parking lot needed to be repaired, resealed, and restriped.

Work Completed On 07/06/2019

07/03/2019

Chris N.

Excellent service. Craig went above and beyond in making sure the job was done correctly. We will definitely be bringing CJS back in the future.

Description of Work
Sealed a 10,000+ square foot driveway

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

06/28/2019

M S.

The driveway was done last July and I noticed peeling of the blacktop material in September. I emailed Craig multiple times and he said he would come back when he was in Cincinnati again. I continued to email him and he said I should let the coating peel over the winter to have the new coat adhere better. Starting in May I have emailed and called him several times and he now does not respond. I have noticed he has recently received several F ratings. My driveway is in excellent condition and there is no reason a coating should have peeled off if the material was of good quality. I hope Angie's List can help me with this problem.

Description of Work
Blacktop coating of my d Recoat Blacktop coating of my home's driveway

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

Please call me. I will message you my personal number. This is uncalled for. Do you know the condition your drive was in? You said good. As we told you the asphalt on your drive: condition, why its like that, we explained how it occured to look this way, for you maam. If you are oblivious to asphalt i am curious on our product vs your prior application of seal? If you cant answer these. You surely cannot degrade any of my companies products. This doesn't hurt our business its prolonging helping your drive to 100% satisfaction which we always stand to. We havent mainentanced but one time. Your prior seal is not a cure!! Please look into different products, what we use and most importantly please read over the 200 reviews ay least and see who states anything bad on our jobs. Thanks. We will be in Cincinnati soon and will do all that we can as we stand by our product anf my staff!!

06/24/2019

William W.

Never happened. First contacted them through Angie's List April 8th. They came out for an estimate. 1st estimate stated "replace"- no detail. When pressed for a more complete estimate outlining the items we discussed, it took 2 weeks and 3 messages to get a more thorough estimate. I contacted them and told them I wanted to proceed and would pay in cash but got nothing but excuses. 1st he was out of state in Michigan to expand his business. Then there were 2 jobs ahead of me and rain was an issue (understandable). After 3 more weeks of no contact, I made arrangements with another company to do the job. When I called for the last time (nearly 3 months after the initial contact, he informed me that he doesn't pave until July. Just another excuse to cover his unprofessionalism. I'll not use his company or Angie's list again.

Description of Work
Asphalt Driveway replacement.

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

You need at least 2 dry days in a row and ordered tear out of the driveway and put it back in right. So far this year we had nothing but rain rain rain and more rain.. Also I did inform you when I gave you the estimate back in May that mid July would be best time for me do it. I wish the weather was nice so I could Work but not the case these days.. H*** the farmers can’t even plant there fields this year due to Mother Nature.. Thanks, Craig

05/18/2019

Tim W.

I had done adequate research and knew that the AVERAGE price to do my driveway due to the size and geographic location was to be about $983 dollars. I received the estimate from these guys who quoted me $2500 dollars!!! What a scam! This whole web-site is such a freakin' scam. Totally worthless. I'm ****** I wasted my time.

Description of Work
Asphalt my driveway

Work Completed On 05/18/2019

sir, just because a price u may disagree, i do believe as adults, we are. consider running a business. theres no scam here. sounds as you may not have understood and confused. theres a messenger box. making things public doesnt hurt me. sorry, lets handle things as a profession. good luck!! ur 1000$ drive wont have any asphalt..check into..Thanx, CJS worthless is the time wasted on review, its absurd!

10/23/2018

Sueann T.

Could only make it on the weekends, despite advertising for columbus area. Then after planning 3 separate weekends, they never showed up or tried contacting me to reschedule (I will say the 2nd weekend was a rain out, however, the other 2 were not). I get that it's their busy season, but they didn't even try to provide good communication or the hired service.

Description of Work
Driveway sealing

Work Completed On 09/08/2018

Well as a business and as a owner taking on working scheduling etc. Considering my work seasonal, may I add. Sometimes with my reputation of always satisfying my customers and the job done, my list of clientele is pretty outstanding, please consider. Please feel free to call and I will fit you in ma’am!! In Columbus today.. so as an entrepreneur try to be understanding. Thanks so much ma’am. I am sure my work my product will be to your satisfactory. Call me 9372840692. We may talk and take care of you!

08/29/2018

John M.

Excellent - stayed in touch with a lot of rain delays. Very professional.

Description of Work
Driveway sealed and cracks filled.

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

Thanks you, appeciate your business

08/04/2018

Alex S.

Craig and his team communicated well. They did a fine job. And most importantly, they came back to re-seal because a storm hit right when they were finishing up. They came back a second time to repair another area of the asphalt drive. Very trustworthy, quality work.

Description of Work
There were several areas of our asphalt drive and concrete garage floor that needed to be repaired. These areas were fixed and the driveway was sealed.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

Thanks you. Appreciation for the positive attitude and job well done

08/03/2018

Chad Y.

They exceeded my expectations. I wasn't sure a a resealing would be sufficient, but they made it look better than I imagine it could look. They took time to fill all cracks and put a nice thick coat on. It really looks fantastic. I will definitely hire them again when it needs to be redone.

Description of Work
Asphalt Drive Resealing

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

07/20/2018

Timothy W.

Appt was timely, they showed up on time as planned. The job was well done and employees courteous. I definitely would use them again

Description of Work
Seal coat driveway

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

07/16/2018

Jennifer E.

After like three weeks of trying to schedule, we finally nailed down a second day for ther service. No call no show.

Description of Work
Driveway reseal and crack fill

Work Completed On 07/16/2018