Two Brothers Brick Paving

Springboro, OH 45066

15 employees.

09/15/2016

Carlos N.

DESIGN: Very good! Mark is very engaging and involved in the design process. He listened to our needs and in the end we got what we wanted. BUILDING PROCESS: It took longer than other projects because they take the time to dig and build a deep foundation to avoid settling (more on this later). Overall the actual construction went well. FINISHED PATIO: Gorgeous patio. It is absolutely stunning. DURABILITY: less than a year after the patio was built we are getting some settling with water pooling in one section. This is very frustrating because when obtaining bids and interviewing contractors we chose the one whose process including digging deep into the yard and compacting the ground to avoid settling and pooling of water in spots. SUMMARY: Even though the patio is very attractive, we could have had a similar patio built for half the price if we knew that it was going to settle this much less than a year after construction. Not worth the premium price that we paid. We have been trying to contact Mark for several months now to ask for his assessment and advice to possibly fix the problem and have not received a single reply. The promise for the price was added durability and we did not get that. Buyer beware.

Description of Work
Patio with pavers, 2 sitting walls, and a fire pit.

10/12/2015

Brian B.

I tried in 2014 to get a proposal from Two Brothers and never received a call back. I thought maybe my request fell through the cracks so I tried again. Left a message on 8/18/15. No return call. Left another message on 9/23/15. Still no return call as of 10/12/15. I'm done wasting my time. Bad business!

Description of Work
Did not ever return my calls for a request for proposal for paver repairs.

10/05/2015

Mark J C.

They showed up on time and completed the work as promised

Description of Work
Took out old brick walkway, designed completely new paver walkway. It was part of a major redesign of our front yard. They weren't cheap, but we were very satisfied with the result.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

05/23/2015

Jill M.

Three voicemails over a week plus an email begging for return contact and I never heard one thing from this company. Not a call, not a return email. Not a courtesy "we are busy and will get in touch with you asap". Very unprofessional and total waste of my time. Don't waste yours.

Description of Work
Failed to return multiple messages and email regarding patio work.

05/03/2015

Helen Y.

Our entire experience end-to-end working with Mark and the Two Brothers Team has been SUPERB and the end result is simply STUNNING. From the very first meeting through design and completion of the very last detail, Mark was hands-on, responsive, and incredibly easy to work with. He turned our plain backyard patio into a beautiful pavilion/outdoor living space that exceeded all expectations. Mark and his team brought the whole package . . . amazing design matched by high quality work plus professionalism, attention to detail, and open/timely communication. Mark made us feel like we were the most important client and all of our requests were handled with a courteous, can-do attitude. We hired Mark because we wanted someone who could create an incredible design, bring it to life flawlessly and make the entire experience fun/enjoyable and hassle-free. The overall process was incredibly smooth as Mark made sure to provide accurate cost and time estimates upfront and always provided any updates in a timely manner. We highly recommend Two Brothers for any outdoor living project done with excellence. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Created and Built an outdoor living space

11/17/2014

jennifer G.

This was the absolute worst experience that we have had with any service provider and/or goods supplier. After presenting designs and accepting our 25% down payment, the owner/Mark Rhodus disappeared and left our entire project to 2 men ill-equipped in project management. As a result, our original plans were not followed to specs, leading to a multitude of errors and a project that not only ran over budget but was more than 12 weeks beyond our contractually projected end date. A few examples of specific errors include: -Permits were not submit prior to June 1st (contractual start date); therefore, began 2 weeks late. -Fireplace was built/placed 4 ft. beyond original specs on plan. Requiring tear down and re-build. -Patio stairs/top landing was 1 ft. smaller than planned. Also, requiring tear down and re-build. -Covered structure ceiling was installed even after stained wood was damaged due to storing incorrectly during 90 degree heat. Again, requiring tear down and re-install. -Supplies were not ordered and onsite prior to workers arrival causing them to spend time calling and driving to suppliers. -Granite bar top was cut to size nearly 1/2 ft. too small (in width) and installed. So yet again, another re-do/re-install. In addition to the above, Mark's lack of communication, acknowledgement of issues, and failure to provide prompt resolution was completely unsatisfactory. We strongly advise against engaging Two Brothers for ANY project as this business owner over promises and vastly under delivers.

Description of Work
cost of service above does not include costs for granite countertops with installation and appliances/grill, refrigerator. Outdoor: patio stairs, paver patio, fireplace, covered structure with kitchen, and 3 planter boxes.

04/25/2013

Kalyan L.

Work was never done because no one bothered to call me back!

Description of Work
Contacted them almost 3 weeks ago about a patio addition and had to leave a voicemail. I didn't get a call back, so I called them again at the beginning of this week, and had to leave another voicemail. I stated I had called more than a week earlier and had yet to receive a call. Three days later, I am still waiting.....

Category hardscaping

Hi (member name removed)- Thank you for contacting us. My name is Mark Rhodus I'm the owner. I am terribly sorry that we did not get back in touch with you yet. We are a small family ran company and my wife, Katie, who is our office manager has recently went on maternity leave to take care of our newborn. We're trying our best to get back with new potential clients without her. During this short period of time, we've made it our priority to only work on getting new clients after our existing clients are fully taken care of. I'm hoping that you can understand our situation. We hope to be back on our feet soon when Katie comes back to the office. Sincerely, Mark Rhodus | President Two Brothers Brick Paving (937) 310-2272

10/02/2012

Kate L.

When my husband first met Mark he said to me, and quot;Ok, of all the Angie's List companies, this is the company I want to do our project. Mark is professional and this guy knows his stuff!and quot; And so we did! \ Two Brothers worked with us on our project both front and back and stayed within our budget. Mark advised us along the way. Two Brothers gave our 1960's ranch a face maker over with a lovely rounded paver front porch and paver walkway. Then in the back of our property we had a paver patio with a paver firepit installed. At the same time, we were completing our deck so we asked Mark, and quot;Could you add steps leading down to this paver patio we never thought of that prior to you starting?and quot; Two Brothers designed steps down to the patio. Two Brothers crew was clean, polite, professional, prompt and just a joy to work with!! It was amazing to watch the skill and the details as the crew laid some very difficult patterns! I have a new respect for masons, it is not just throwing down some sand and pavers. It is really a skilled talent. So, if you are wanting to install a paver 'anythingand quot;...call Two Brothers, trust me, you will not be let down! Two Brothers was so accommodating to our project and I am sure they will do the same for you! And remember, this is why you use Angie's list, to find A++ companies like Two Brothers, call them.

Description of Work
We were in need of a 1960's ranch facelift. Two Brothers installed a paver front porch, and paver walkway. Then in the back of our house, they installed steps from our deck to a huge paver patio with a paver firepit. (They accommodated us with additions as the project progressed!) Thank you for that Mark!

Category decks, hardscaping

09/18/2012

MICHELE P.

We contracted with Two Brothers Brick Paving to put in a patio. We had some idea of what we wanted but not exactly. Mark drew it up and we picked the pavers. We received a CAD drawing of what the patio should look like. The install started around the week they said it should. The workers arrived on a Friday and started roughing out the area where the pavers would be laid. My wife and I reviewed the work area and realized the patio was not going to be as large as we had thought. On Monday, Mark and I went back and forth through email as I requested changes to the design. He was very responsive and patient as we adjusted the design to my satisfaction. During the laying of the steps, the workmen realized that the steps did not look correct even though the design was followed. They followed up with Mark and he agreed it was not correct. They came back that night to remove the steps before the pavers set. It was very satisfying to see this company put that much value in their workmanship instead of just leaving it and having me find it or not. Throughout contruction the workers were courteous and cleaned up each night. When the patio was completed, Mark came out to do a and quot;walk throughand quot;. I am generally a very picky person. I spent time making sure the dimensions matched the diagram and the patio was level. As much as I tried, I could not find anything wrong with the patio. They exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend them. I would have liked a lower price but you get what you pay for and this case the cost was well worth the end result.

Description of Work
Install a patio using pavers with a 3 foot sitting wall.

Category decks, hardscaping

Thanks - Yes, you do get what you pay for. I'm really happy to hear you're so happy with the patio. I can't wait to see pictures once the landscaping is complete and the furniture is on the patio. Thanks Mark Rhodus President Two Brothers Brick Paving

05/28/2012

Randy M.

Never followed up

Description of Work
Responded very quickly to our email request for a quote. Mark Rhodus met us at our house to discuss our project. He reviewed our plans and took measurements but he did not every provide us with a quote or even a follow up phone call.

05/27/2011

Mark J C.

They produced design. We selected the pavers. They gave an estimated start date and did start close to that time. The work was slowed by the weather. We are satisfied with their work and we'd use them again if we needed more hardscaping.

Description of Work
Contracted to remove old brick walkways and design and lay new paver walkways in front and back yards

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thanks for choosing Two Brothers Brick Paving, Member. We are happy that you are happy. Yes, the project did take a little longer as expected but April and May 2011 was the wettest spring on record and there were only 2 days in the entire month of April that it didn't rain. If we can help you on any additional projects, please don't hesitate to call. Mark Rhodus President

04/20/2011

Kimberly F.

The design was part of the quote. It came free with the quote. The quote depends on the material we choose. It is either $6700 or $7400. A 300ft paver patio is a sitting wall of 10ft. They were very professional. I really liked interacting with them. They came and put up designs for us. I needed somebody with a little visionary experience. This paver is for our rental property. Again I looked on Angies List and on the Internet for this. I wanted a patio for years and I thought I could go out and get some quotes. There is a good probability that we will hire them.

Description of Work
I had an estimate and a design from Two Brothers Brick Paving

Category hardscaping

HI member- Thanks for the kind words...I really hope you hire us :)

09/02/2009

David Z.

Mark came out on the appointed time and day. I went over in detail what needed to be done and the time frame. He was OK with that information. He asked me to give him a detailed view of the entire project and left a sheet of graph paper 14 x 18, saying that he was late to his next appointment and that he usaully charges $35.00 to have an architectual drawing to scale on a cad progrem in Belguim, but if I would take all the measurement and send it to him he would submit the drawing free at the time of his bid. It took my wife and I approx 3 hours to complete the scale drawing. I emailed Mark that night saying that I needed the drawing back right away for other quotes. The next day he emailed back saying that it wouldn't be a problem and that he would have a quote for me by August 17th. I emailed Mark on the 18th and he said he got backed up, but would send my drawings out the next day Aug. 19th. I emailed again on August and got no response. On August 23 I called on his cell and asked what happened to my drawings and the ariel view and the quote. He said he would call me back no later than 5PM on the next day, This is now Sept 2, 2009 and I have yet to hear from him. I would say he is a person with little integrity.

Description of Work
Contacted for an estimate

11/01/2008

Troy S.

Requested a quote online. Two Brother's responded with a visit two days later. We discussed our ideas and in a week we had a 3-d layout to help visual the patio and fireplace. We made our final selections and signed the contract. Two Brother's started two days earlier than estimated and finished on time. We requested a few changes during the project and Two Brother's were always open and never charged us for the changes. They even did a great job of cleaning the yard up after they were finished.

Description of Work
They installed a custom fireplace as part of the paver patio they installed. They were always willing to discuss changes and never charged us for any of them. We would definitely use them again for any paver patio services. Respectfully, Troy & Noly

11/01/2008

Troy S.

Jennifer K.

When we first met Mark at Two Brothers Brick Paving he was upfront, honest and gave us the best bid by far of all the contractors. At first we were curious as to how his proposal could be so much lower, but we soon found out that he and his company are honest and upfront with their customers. They were right on track with the targeted start date and it only took three days to complete the project even with having to hand dig the foundation for the patio as their truck had a mechanical problem that hauled the bobcat. We are EXTREMELY pleased with the outcome of the patio and thank Mark and his crew for all the hard work and attention to detail that they put into the patio. We truly enjoyed working with them on this project.

Description of Work
We contracted Two Brothers Brick Paving to install a 440 sq. foot paver patio and 3 tier landing.

Category decks, landscaping

HI, IT WAS A PLEASURE WORKING WITH BOTH OF YOU ON YOUR PROJECT. ALSO, THANK YOU FOR SENDING THE PICTURES OF THE PATIO.

James S.

We were pleased with all aspects of the job. Initially, we had a free exchange of ideas with Mark during the design phase of the new walkway. The final choice was made with comfort. With a minimum of discussion the final contract was thorough and comprehensive. Construction went as planned and the end result was beautiful.

Description of Work
Two Brothers replaced a sinking concrete walkway and resurfaced a concrete porch with brick pavers.

Category concrete repair, landscaping

James S.

Category concrete repair, landscaping

Jennifer K.

Category decks, landscaping

09/12/2008

Ashley G.

Mark, one of the brothers, came out to our house when he said he would, unlike many other contractors we called, and asked us many questions about our needs and expectation for the new paver patio. Mark helped us pick out paver styles and colors, as well a functional design. They showed up to build our new patio exactly when they said they would, and finished sooner than expected. We love our new patio, and we will use Two Brothers Brick Paving again.

Description of Work
Large patio, walkway, and steps, and retaining wall built using interlocking paver stones and retaining wall block.

09/12/2008

Ashley G.

Mid Valley Chimney Repair & Sweep

Mid Valley Chimney Sweep is based in Franklin, we also serve clients in Center ville and Kettering as well as Butler and Warren Counties specializing in any form of chimney needs you may have including but not limited to. family owned and locally operated. Additional website - www.mid-valleychimney.com.

Genesis Lawncare

Here at Genesis Lawncare, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the Landscaping and Hardscaping trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. Contact us today for free estimate. We look forward to earning your business!

No Limits Landscaping Inc

No Limits Landscaping is backed by over forty years combined experience in the landscape design and build industry. There are many landscape companies to choose from and as a Angie's list Super Service Award winner 3 years in a row, you can be sure No Limits Landscaping is committed to providing you the best quality job for your money - money you will agree was well spent. We'll work closely with you to ensure your dreams become reality. At No Limits Landscaping, customer service and satisfaction are job one. We pride ourselves on the quality of service, level of skill and the quality of plant material we bring to each job. All plants are hand selected for every job. One of the firm's two founding principles, John Smith, is a graduate of Ball State University with a degree in Landscape Architecture. Co-founder Pat Jackson has over 16 years experience in all aspects of the nursery field and landscape installation. Let us show you what No Limits Landscaping can do with your ideas and our creativity and expertise. Check out our photo gallery!

Pavers, paver patios, paver driveways, paver walkways, paver cleaning & sealing, retaining walls, outdoor fireplaces, grills & fire rings.

Asphalt & concrete.