P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling

Founded 1936 • With Angi since July 1997

34280 Solon Rd

Solon, OH 44139

We professionally install, service and repair HVAC systems. Give us a call today.

01/21/2020

weihong Z.

They did a great job and were very professional. They were courteous and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed my HVAC system in my home.

08/28/2019

Gaylee M.

They were very thorough. They identified the problem and fixed it.

Description of Work
They repaired and cleaned my Air conditioning unit.

12/29/2017

Dominique L.

We specifically asked for a tech who was experienced with the type and age of boiler in our home, and specified the details for them. When the technician arrived, he vocalized that he didn't have experience with this particular boiler, spent a lot of time pointing out deficiencies with the boiler, but in the end did not diagnose the issue. He just told us there are no replacement parts for the boiler, so if he did find the problem he wouldn't have the parts to fix it. I can appreciate the honesty, but he did not diagnose the problem. We paid $90 to be told in less than 30 minutes that we need a new boiler. This, of course, required us to make another appointment with a salesman who is not a boiler engineer or expert. We called a second company for another quote and within 10 minutes or less the person they sent identified the actual problem (a real diagnosis), and had a series of solutions for repair. I'm very frustrated that we paid $90 for a diagnostic visit and received a technician from PK Wadsworth who was unfamiliar with our unit, and who could not actually diagnose the problem.

Description of Work
Our boiler went out unexpectedly and PK Wadsworth offered a same day diagnostic for a $90 charge.

12/26/2017

TARI TORCH S.

It went very well. Made the adjustment needed.

Description of Work
Furnace wasn't running at full capacity.

11/15/2017

Richard T.

they did a great job and we would use them again

Description of Work
new boiler and water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We look forward to servicing your future HVAC needs.

10/11/2017

Janet H.

Very well. A malfunctioning breaker was found and rewired and a new breaker put in for the furnace as well as the installation work. These two men were wonderful, even working in the rain, and thru their break times to get the job done in 1 day. One of the workers came back the following Monday to finish up on the A/C and had another worker double check the work....all good. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installation of new furnace and A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Appreciate that you took time to provide input. Thank you! Our technicians will be pleased.

10/11/2017

Joyce B.

Recently, PK Wadsworth came to our house for our annual furnace checkup. Our Carrier, 6 years old, was fine but the heat exchanger was not, having a plastic part that had somewhat melted. As it was it would have sent carbon monoxide through the house this winter. Though the exchanger was under warranty the price for installation was over $1,000. Worse, I learned, is that the replacement from Carrier would be exactly the same part, particularly plastic. So we called Wadsworth to ask if we should start all over with a new furnace. And here’s what happened.... Tyler Wadsworth, great grandson of the founder, called us. He wanted to make this right for us, said he’d look into how Carrier might help, said that his company certainly won’t let us down. They didn’t. Bottom line is that within 2 weeks we had a brand new furnace, one made especially for Wadsworth, to their specs, and an upgrade from what we’d had. We paid about half their quoted price, and we bought a new digital thermostat as well. We couldn’t be more appreciative of how this was handled, feel very comfortable using Wadsworth. Just want to announce this recommendation with high praise for an outstanding company. Joyce and George Becker

Description of Work
Our 6 year old Carrier furnace, purchased through and serviced by PK Wadsworth, was found, at its annual inspection, to have a malfunctioning heat exchanger.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We strive to provide exemplary customer service. Apologies again for the Carrier product issue. Glad we were able to rectify to your satisfaction. Appreciate that you took time to provide input.

09/04/2017

Michael W.

One thing I really learned about the work I needed done as I was doing my research was how important is was to have the perfect company install, startup and now be there for any problems because almost any hvac company can sell the needed equipment but how knowledgeable are they?? The Service was Exceptional from initial contact from office specialist to sales with Glenn to installers on the job.

Description of Work
Hvac system

08/22/2017

GREGORY G & BARBARA B.

There was no cost to us because we're on their annual service contract. We just paid a fee up front a year ago for the contract and they come out twice a year to check the system. For their contract price, I'd say that was a fair price. The quality of their installation and the quality of their repairs keeps us coming back. We've been using them for 30 years.

Description of Work
They did a cleaning and checked our A/C system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your loyalty. A service partner plan is a great way to ensure your HVAC equipment continues to operate at peak efficiency.

08/10/2017

mary louise R.

I have used them for 15 years. I have an annual contract with them. Just one worker came out. It usually takes them a half an hour to an hour.

Description of Work
They do everything for my water heater, furnace, and air conditioner. They did a checkup.

08/10/2017

mary louise R.

I didn't do any comparison shopping on the price. I just stuck with somebody I knew. They hauled away the old units.

Description of Work
They installed a water heater, furnace and air conditioner.

Category water heater repair

07/29/2017

Debra P.

They disconnected my dehumidifier because it kept turning on I guess, even though the heater wasn't on. There was something wrong with the switch so I just had them totally disconnect it. The reason I knew that something was wrong was cause I kept smelling this like this swampy smell and I kept thinking, my husband's got to stop walking in rain with those sneakers. Come to find out it was coming from all that humid air so I had them put on a air humidifier thing on the furnace too. Just to try to get rid of that swampy smell. I'm thinking how do you get in the ducts to clean out if there's mold or something in there. I've used them for years. I was thankful that they pointed out that the water heater wasn't working even though I didn't use them. They put hydrogen peroxide or something that would kill whatever was in there. They told between it drying out and having the air running through it. They told me to keep the fan on and run the purifier too. I didn't get the invoice right away, I had to call them. I thought they were supposed to mail it to me and when I called I found out they had my email address wrong, so that's why I did't get the e-receipt. Cause I said can you send me the warranty stuff cause I just had a handout for it but I guess they had that stuff on file there. I appreciate that they pointed out the water heater to me but I wasn't too keen on just the e-receipt. I know everybody's moving to it but I would say B. They've been good in the past. I didn't have time to research how much should an air scrubber cost. What they did they did well. They came over, they knocked it out, they looked at it and knew exactly what it was. They did correct my email address when I called to ask, they figured out what went wrong. A lot of times I was still in school during the window, so it's like can you come after 3:30 and make sure I'm actually home from school first. They should have an option for e receipt.

Description of Work
Disconnected dehumidifier

Category air duct cleaning

07/29/2017

Warren H.

Excellent service. I have tried other service providers in the past and none of those providers have been as thorough as P.K. Wadsworth. Their technicians take the time to do thorough cleanings and explain any issues they find. They show up on time for appointments and use shoe covers in our home. They are much more professional than the other providers I have tried. Great job P.K. Wadsworth

Description of Work
They clean and inspect our furnace in the fall. And clean and inspect our a/c unit in the spring.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We take pride in our work and we're pleased when our customers appreciate it. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback!

07/26/2017

CAROL R.

Came in 3 hrs.of call reporting problem. Technition was professioal, experienced and did a comprehensive inspection. Fixed the cause of the leak. ALL IS WELL AGAIN.

Description of Work
Whole. house air conditioner leaking wateron basement floor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Happy to hear you had a good experience...that's always our goal. Hope you're enjoying summer!

06/29/2017

Todd J.

Service went very well. Some items were pointed that needed to be replaced and options were given to me to consider.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up as part of a deal found on Angie's List

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your comments, [Member Name Removed]. We strive to provide customers cost effective options for their HVAC needs.

06/23/2017

Phil P.

The boiler and everything along with that was $18,000. The HVAC was about $22,000. Their price is what everyone else is charging. We are still trying to get the install correct on our air conditioning.

Description of Work
They replaced our boiler and we have boiler maintenance. They also installed a whole house heating and air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I'll have the office reach out to you to ensure that everything is finalized and in order with your project.

06/22/2017

Giri M.

Very professional and answered all my questions.

Description of Work
Tuning and certification of Heat, A/C and Water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks for taking time to place a review. We appreciate your business.

05/20/2017

Mike Q.

The service tech arrived around 2 pm, about 10 minutes after calling. He was friendly and professional. He provisionally diagnosed my problem on the way down the cellar stairs - I had recently installed a new thermostat, and he predicted I had mis-wired it causing a blown fuse. Sure enough, he was right. He popped the old fuse out, put the new one in, and changed one wire I had put on the wrong terminal. This work took about three minutes, including the time to show me what I had done wrong. Back upstairs he prepared the "paperwork" (all done on an iPad ...very efficient!) while my fancy new thermostat recalibrated. He then told me the bill was $192. I was stunned ...$100 for a fuse and less than five minutes of work? The tech apologized -- and I did NOT take out my frustration on him -- but I did say that the price was beyond ridiculous. For those of you who don't know, a fuze costs about $2 ...in fact, the tech told me to go to an auto parts store and get a five pack for a few bucks. Overall I was very happy with the service. But $100 to replace a fuse feels like an intentional bait and switch to me. The tech said he would try to "...find me a better price ..." and indeed ended up charging me $40 (instead of $100) for the fuse ...which is still ridiculous. I did write to the provider before placing this review ...I gave them an opportunity to help me understand the pricing before I posted the review ...but they haven't gotten back to me. I did get an automated email from them asking me to place a review, but no personal response.

Description of Work
Furnace not working. I called and explained the issue, they offered to send someone the next day between 1-5 pm, quoted a service call of $90 to diagnose the issue; repairs and parts would be extra. I was told I'd get a call 30 minutes prior to the technician's arrival.

05/17/2017

robert L.

It went well the first appointment had to be cancelled by the company due to staffing issues, but they were quick to call and apologize for the inconvenience. The dispatch lady explained the situation and was able to reschedule and made sure that they would not cancel again. When they did come the technician was polite and professional. the work got done in a timely fashion and both systems are working fine.

Description of Work
We had them tune up and check both our A/c unit and furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your candid input, [Member Name Removed]. We try hard to accommodate our customers and appreciate flexibility when we run into unforeseen circumstances.

05/05/2017

TOBIE & JOHN L.

The process was pretty involved and they had to install some new plumbing lines. There were two technicians here for most of the day, with others delivering the new system and removing the old tanks. They were very polite and did a great job cleaning up after themselves. We did have a small gas leak we discovered a week later. The technician came out to our house at 9pm on a Saturday and repaired the leak. He was extremely polite and very helpful.

Description of Work
We had two 50 gallon hot water tanks removed and a new tankless hot water heater installed.

Category water heater repair, gas leak repair

03/29/2017

JON E.

Great! The thermostats were integrated seamlessly into our household's wifi network and thorough operating instructions were given for smartphone app account set-up and control.

Description of Work
- Installation of wifi compatible thermostats to independently operate radiator boiler heating and forced-air air conditioning

02/28/2017

Shahin A.

They were very professional and efficient and told us honestly what we might need to replace in the near future without trying to get us to spend more money before we have to.

Description of Work
central heating annual service

01/10/2017

Eric H.

They were recommended by friends. They have done great work. I have been very happy. The guys show up and they know what they are doing. They know the units they are working on. I can trust them. When they do things, it works. They come in uniform. When they park the truck and come into the house they put the booties on. They don't mess up the house. They take care of everything. They clearly have a reputation and are proud of it.

Description of Work
Annual service for heating and air conditioning units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our services. We appreciate your kind words and your business.

01/05/2017

Paul S.

They did not respond initially for 10 days, despite my listing service day/time preferences and e-mail contact info. Angie's List added my fon# to the order, when I contacted you. Vendor called a week after this to schedule. When scheduling, I was promised a pre-service confirmation the day before, & never received. I was scheduled for service between 10am-1pm on service day, with pre-service call when vendor was on the way. Service person called me after 1:30pm on service day to say he was on his way. Work performed well. Service person apologized for tardiness, but just said "they're busy".

Description of Work
Clean and check furnace.

01/03/2017

Gaylee M.

They pointed out the problem.

Description of Work
They evaluated my heating system.