Barrish Home Improvement

Solon, OH 44139

roofin

05/02/2017

Mona R.

Dave Barrish and his team did an excellent job. They were prompt, reliable, professional and personable. Their work was thorough and of high quality. I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Our roof needed to be changed

09/04/2015

Harry L.

Description of Work
They fixed our roof and have worked on our gutters. They also put electric wires on our roof. He found the issue with our window that was leaking.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, replacement windows

05/18/2015

Patrick S.

They did a good job. They were one time and gave me a good price.

Description of Work
They put on all new siding.

Category siding

09/15/2014

Maxine H.

I loved the fact that he came to my home within 20 minutes of me calling and asked for immediate help because my roof was leaking. He did a great job repairing the roof, but I had major problems trying to communicate with him in terms of why was the bill so high. If you would call me, I can go more into details, but I'd prefer to not place my thoughts in an area that will be read by potential consumers. Thanks

Description of Work
Patch Roof & repair to stop leaking into the house.

10/11/2013

Laura M.

They had such professional workers here. They knew what they were doing and I did not worry at all about their work. They were courteous, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. They were on time for work and cleaned up after themselves. They were very hard working and worked for long hours. I would definitely hire them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
new roof

09/01/2013

Eileen M.

He came over and gave an estimate for a complete replacement of our roof and we did not have it done until the following year but he held true to the price quoted even though the cost of roofing supplies went up in the meantime. That was eight or so years ago and the roof still looks great. No problems.

Description of Work
We had a new roof installed.

12/10/2012

John S.

Good and reasonable cost for shingle replacements with relatively quick service($100 per visit). Would recommend for this. For more extensive repairs such as flashing, and sealing around chimneys, the work was not up to my expectations. I had recommended them to a neighbor based on the first experience above and they were not satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Roof repairs, shingle replacement

10/10/2012

charlie K.

good work

Description of Work
they came out to install a roof vent for the bathroom fan which just vented into the attic---they found several wiring violations and the person who installed the fans did not attach them to the joists or use hangers---the just laid them on the drywall---the crew installed all new fans/heaters and corrected the wiring--they also corrected a leaky vent pipe that was improperly installed---- great work--only minor beef was the final bill--they did not give me a price on the work first---my fault for not asking---but I was taken back after I got the bill---make sure you get a written quote first----

Category handyman service, roofing

08/08/2012

HARRIET R.

The house is relatively new, and I think it was only five years old at that time. They were professional and prompt, and they did a good job but the problem came back the following year. I don’t know whether or not that was because of another problem in that area or it had not been done properly in the first place. It was not as bad as it was before but it is still there. The price was fair. I don’t think I even called them back because it was the next year.

Description of Work
We used Barrish Home Improvement for roofing repair. It was some type of flashing that was missing from around the chimney. Apparently, the flashing had not been installed properly, so they came out and did that.

Category roofing, chimney repair

07/30/2012

Barbara R.

Since I have had Mr. Barrish do other work for me, I was not home when the work was done. The siding looks infinitely better after the repairs. The work was done when I was told it would be done.

Description of Work
I needed the aluminum siding on my house repaired. The paint was peeling on some of the shingles. There were some punctures caused by electrical wires which were relocated from the side of the house. There was siding missing from one spot because of a deck that was rebuilt.

Category siding

04/05/2012

Maryann S.

I have yet to start the roofing project. He was the first estimate I received. I was happy with his services. My four cousins have used this provider and have been very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
He did a close inspection of my roof for an estimate. He also repaired and replaced my rotted lumber gate.

Category fencing, roofing

03/21/2012

Dominic P.

,Called Barrish Home improvement on 3/17/2012 for a roof leak. He SAID he would call me on 3/19/2012 to give me a time he would be able to come out and look at the problem. At that time he said he would be there on Wednesday, but did not know what time. He never returned the call. We left him a voicemail on Tuesday that I would be available all day Wednesday. Then, on Wednesday he calls and acts as if he had never talked to me on 3/19/2019 and would have to charge me $150.00 just to come out and give an estimate. Regardless if he did the repair or not. This would be a service charge over and above the repair cost due to rising fuel costs. He was very rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend based on this interaction.

Description of Work
never showed.

12/13/2011

BARBARA S.

The work was fine. They did the work in a very business like fashion. They were prompt and I was just very pleased with their work. I wouldn't hestiate calling them again. The price was good, someone in the neighborhood who had them recommended them plus they were on Angie's List which is always the determining factor. They were very prompt and on time, they finished when they said they would.

Description of Work
Barri SH Home Improvement put in cables on the roof to protect against ice build up.

Category gutter repair, Uncategorized

10/21/2011

LUCIA J.

Dave is the best. I would never use anyone else for roofing, gutter repair or siding. He is always professional and quick to respond. He has done 2 roof tear off's and replacements for us (2 different homes) replaced our gutters and put siding on the soffits.

Description of Work
We had a small amount of water leaking into our master bathroom through a light fixture. Called Dave Thursday morning and he came right out to check the roof. He thought it might be the rubber boot that seals the bathroom vent pipe. Dave called back in the afternoon and said that the vent pipes were sealed, but the chimneys were both in need of repair. He put some roof sealant and replaced the flashing around our 2 chimneys all at no charge. He also gave me the name and number of a contractor he uses for chimney repair. All this wonderful service at no charge. I plan on sending him a thank you note with a restaurant gift card. Barrhish Home Improvement deserves a #1 spot on the Page of Happiness.

09/18/2011

Mitchell M.

Came out immediately to give an estimate. Very professional. Received a quote by mail soon after. Decided to go in another direction.

Description of Work
gave estimate

11/03/2010

Ken R.

I was pretty satisfied. They explained things well. The price seemed reasonable. They also got back to me pretty quickly. They weren't pushy at all.

Description of Work
They did some roof work. They also had to do some gutter repair work.

10/19/2010

Barbara R.

see above

Description of Work
Mr. Barrish replaced my roof and gutters last summer (2009). I submitted a full report at that time. This Fall I asked him to recheck the gutters. Because of the severe ice dams last winter, I was concerned that the gutters may have been pulled away from the house. He responded quickly, left me a note, and then called to make sure that I had received it. He reassured me that everything was in place.

07/28/2010

LUCIA J.

Pretty good. The work took a little longer than expected because of the heat wave and some rain. The house looks so much better now that the peeling paint is covered by the siding. My husband was not happy that the workers set up their work area with a bench and cutting tool in the part of our driveway that we use to back up into when pulling out of our garage. This made it difficult to get out of the garage without a few back and forth adjustments. They also could have done a better job at cleaning up around the yard, I found several cigarette butts in the yard. Overall the job was well done and we would use Barrish again.

Description of Work
They installed white aluminum soffit's, replaced back gutter, cleaned all gutters and replaced gutter screens, added siding to several surfaces on back porch that were wood, and replaced wood shutters with vinyl ones. We had 3 large wood ventalation boxes at the peaks of the house that the original builder made to look like bird houses that were loose and ready to fall down. We wanted these removed and replaced with smaller vents. The openings on 2 of the 3 were small and easily covered with siding and the vents added. The 3rd one was on the side of the house that was brick so the opening was very large and Dave was unsure how to install the vent since we did not have additional brick. There is a twin to our home around the corner who already had the "bird house" vents removed and replaced. Dave Barrish came to our house and I took him to the neighbors house to see how they solved the problem. They just covered the spot with additional siding and installed the vent. We have used Barrish Home improvement for a new roof on our previous home in Maple Hts and our current home in Broadview Hts. he also did a roof for my father in Parma. Dave is very responsive and does good quality work.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, siding

07/26/2010

HARRIET R.

They were very responsive. Mr. Barrish was very prompt in giving his estimate and getting the work done. We haven’t had any issues and I would have him back again.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak due to the flashing around the chimney.

08/19/2008

FRAN S.

I thought the experience was good. They did it quick, they did it in about three and a half days. It was a good job, and the work they did was good. It looks great! I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They tore off the old roof and put on a new one.

05/15/2007

BRIAN M.

Selected another company due to a lower bid.

Description of Work
Dave Barrish provided an estimate to remove existing shingles and re-roof with new skylight. Very prompt and professional. Did a good job surveying the work and provided a detailed estimate. His was the highest bid of 3 received.

06/18/2006

KRISTIN P.

He came out quickly and fixed it, even though he was getting ready to leave on vacation. This was the second time he has done a roofing job for me. Excellent service and work quality.

Description of Work
They did a small roofing job for me. It was during the spring when it was raining nonstop.

08/25/2004

FRANCES W.

WOULD LIKE TO HAVE USED HIS SERVICES, VERY THOROUGH AND PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
SECOND ESTIMATE FOR REROOFING OUR HOME. WE CHOSE TO GO WITH THE FIRST ESTIMATE WE HAD GOTTEN AS IT WAS LOWER FOR THE SAME JOB.

10/09/2003

BERNADINE B.

HE DID EXCELLENT WORK. HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD. HE CLEANED UP REALLY WELL AND I DIDN'T FIND ANY NAILS. HE IS A PERFECTIONIST AND I DON'T THINK WE WILL EVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS ROOF. HE EXPLAINED THE DIFFERENCES IN SHINGLES AND STEERED US TO WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR OUR NEEDS.

Description of Work
HE INSTALLED AN ASPHALT SHINGLE ROOF AND INSTALLED GUTTERS.

10/30/2002

BERNADINE B.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. QUITE PLEASED WITH WHAT THEY DID AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE MONEY I SPENT. ID GRADE THEM A+ IF I COULD.

Description of Work
TEAR OFF OF OLD ROOF, PUT NEW ROOF ON, REPLACED GUTTERS AND INSTALLED PATIO DOOR.

All American Gutters & Power Washing

Here at All American Gutters & Power Washing we GUARANTEE our work, from a simple cleaning to the most extensive repair. We also specialize in power washing services such as houses, decks, driveways, sidewalks, fences, patios, & roofs etc. Our attention to detail is unmatched, and our work is GUARANTEED! Veteran Owned & Operated.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

The Gutter Boys

The Gutter Boys Co. works daily to provide a seamless and enjoyable customer experience. Our helpful sales associates can get you a quote for gutter cleaning right over the phone. If you are looking for seamless gutters or protection, we come right to you, and customize a quote specifically for your home and circumstances. We are never pushy. We like to say that it’s a sales experience that your mom would be comfortable with. The Gutter Boys technicians are tenured and knowledgeable. We are proud to provide a high continuity of service by utilizing employees for our installation services. Our techs are rigorously trained and have received Master Installer status with Valor Gutter Guards, which TGB exclusively installs in Northeast Ohio.

2022 Super Service Award