ERIE SHORE BUILDERS INC

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2010

3.7

Erie Shore Builders is a Construction and Remodeling Company. We do residential and commercial work and employee 5-6 employees. Subcontractors are used on occasion. Erie Shore Builders accepts credit cards along with payment plans, should a customer need....

Window City Pros LLC

With over 30 years of industry experience, Chad Howman founded Window City Pros to provide customers with access to cost-effective windows from masters within the market. What started as a handful of employees has flourished into a thriving organization serving Northeast Ohio.

A Painters Touch & More

With over 8 years of professional painting experience, I am here to address all your interior and exterior needs and dreams you may have. Ask us about our Senior and Military discounts.

JJ's Fix-it Service

We are a local small business that would love to complete your project! I have done many types of handyman jobs over the last 20+ years. What can I do for you? We love our military, first responders and senior citizens. We offer discounts!

Offers by JJ's Fix-it Service on Angi

04/07/2015

Original front porch trim was removed in error. They replaced it but we did not want it removed ....landscapes were ruined, we suggested helping and moving several large plants ,trellises etc...we were told that wasn't necessary, but the were walked on and pulled up. Lighting fixtures were removed by contractor we asked several times.. We had to reinstall them..the contractor did a holy inborn the...

Description of Work
I don't. remember the cost... Siding and windows were done on our former home

Category electrician,remodeling,replacement windows

02/24/2014

No response from anyone after initial visit to site. They still have not returned our print.

Description of Work
We were very impressed with him when he came to look at the job. He told us he get us a quote within a week. That was in June. I do know that he had some health issues so waited for a month before calling. They never returned one call. I left messages many times and even talked to someone there who told me he had the quote but we never heard from them again. All I wanted to know was If they were interested in completing our addition. Would have appreciated a response.

Category remodeling

10/13/2013

The team was very polite. The completed all the work that was required. They were very open to what we wanted and what needed to be done.

Description of Work
Erie Shores wrapped and resided the back of my house and second story. They then fixed and repainted some water damage in my house.

Category remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

10/30/2012

The finished project looks great. It doesn't look like a remodel but rather like it has been there from day one. Couldn't be happier with the quality of workmanship.

Description of Work
This is our second remodel project with Erie Shore Builders. My husband and I bought a condo with a very large loft, a large closet, one bedroom, and one full bath on the second floor. We hired Erie Shores to reconfigure the space to include 3 bedrooms with closets and the existing full bath. The job required removing some walls, building new walls, rerouting electric, installing a window, trim and crown, re-texturizing the new ceilings to match, etc.

Category closet systems,electrician,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

08/28/2012

Also when I think about it. The fact that my husband's job (Ford) was selling their plant was public information.I believe it was reported in the newpaper that the employees would be receiving a rather large buy-out check (which they did get). I feel now, that much like traveling gypsies. That he found out that my husband was one of those employees and probably set his price to match up to what my...

Description of Work
Kevin (The Owner and Salesman), first contracted to do our basement as the walls had been bowing in.He also was to have the old roof removed and a new one put on. His sales pitch is very good and he is very personable at first. He even "begins" the project right along with his "crew" and you "believe" that he will be there to supervise everthing the whole time. This can't be further from the truth! As soon as he got the initial 20,000 plus (he requires half down before any work is begun), he is off somewhere else to sell another job. Leaving your project in the hands of a 2 man crew who consisted of a 25 year old "who told me he had a troubled youth", and some 30 year old who tells me he "lost all his stuff recently" and is down on his luck. The 30 year old also commented on all my husbands and I's belongings and coincidently my ipod and other household objects come up missing. A sliding glass door that was to be instaled as part of the project was only briefly discussed and Kevin made the decission on the door opening it against the traffic pattern of my furniture. It also came with a screen door that was the wrong size so Kevin goes to his house and pulls off his own screen door from his house and gives that to me.He also made revisions to the original contract and never got us to sign it, but he billed us anyway. While they were working they kept using my husbands tools out from his garage as if they had no idea what they needed to bring to do the job.He also at one point suggusted and installed an illegal drain in our home because it was cheaper and easier then to do it the correct way. They had no tools to clean up. One of his crew actually came over and asked "ME" if "I" had a shop vac. The back yard was semi-graded but the front yard (which most people see) was left all uneven and the stones that they used during the project were everywhere.When they did the roof part, "I" was out in the evenings picking up dangerous roofing nails. They were everywhere and none of his crew seemed to care. His crew aalso had to pice together insullation and studs because Kevin only ordered a "minimum" amount of materials to complete my project. Everything was kept in my garage so I didn't have use of it for nearly a month.

Category remodeling

This particular job was contracted on behalf of and signed for by the husband. There were no issues on this job and all was done as was contracted for. The one and only day she addressed any concerns was on the very last day of the job, 8/24/12. She refused any resolve on my part or refused to hear any responses to her questions. She kept speaking of her "ex-husband" to do additional work and so I...

08/21/2012

We couldn't be more pleased with the results of our soundproofing project. Kevin and the guys in his crew were polite and friendly. Even though this amount of demolition and repair can be messy, ( i.e. hauling out old drywall and insulation and sanding of drywall mud) they cleaned up daily and worked to keep the mess to a minimum. We were so happy with the quality of workmanship that we have signed on with Erie Shores to start remodeling our upstairs in two weeks.

Description of Work
My husband and I bought a condo with a party wall in Sandusky. Being new to the area, we didn't know any contractors. We met with several companies regarding soundproofing our bedroom from the neighbors kitchen. We selected Kevin and Erie Shore Builders based on the fact that he seemed very knowledgable regarding all aspects of home construction as well as his professional and polite manner. The process entailed removing the existing drywall and insulation on two walls and the ceiling in the master bedroom. They replaced the insulation with sound batting and installed Green Glue Whisper Clips and hat channel to decouple the new dry wall from the studs. Three sheets of 5/8 inch drywall was installed utilizing Green Glue Damping Compound between each layer. Aquistical chalk was applied to the perimeters of all the new walls. The walls and ceiling were taped and mudded, baseboard and crown molding was reinstalled, and the room was primed and repainted.

Category room remodeling

Services include: Siding, Roofing, Deck, Remodeling, Windows, Doors, Concrete, Basements, Additions and New Homes.