Hare Electric inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 1997

Ower-operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job or per hour. Travel charges may apply. Extra charge for after-hours service may apply.

electrician (586)lighting (138)ceiling fan installation (55)fireplace services (1)garage doors (1)

02/23/2022

DONNA G.

Hare Electric worked for us in September, 2020. There were several smaller tasks (interior and exterior outlets added) and one large one, which was to upgrade our breaker panel to accommodate 200-amp service. The work was completed on time at a reasonable cost but we had a partial outage earlier this winter, during a storm, caused by their work 18 months ago. Importantly, the outage caused a loss of power to the furnace, both refrigerators and our freezer, and of course lighting in places. According to our electrical provider, who came to the house eight hours later, the issue was caused by "burnt up contractor connections" (notes from the outage ticket) which was the result of the installation work done by Hare Electric. The provider’s on-site tech said that one of the three connector points at the meter masthead was loose because it was never crimped, and lost connection. Also he said the work was never inspected by the Illuminating Company, or they would have found it before happened. I called Hare’s emergency-contact number at the beginning of the outage and did get a call back from the lead tech, who believed it was a provider issue. After the fact, when I sent an email to the company owner explaining the situation I never heard a word, and that was five weeks ago.

Description of Work
New breaker panel to accommodate a service upgrade, new exterior and interior outlets

Work Completed On 02/23/2022

12/22/2021

James T.

Needed an old Federal Pacific Electric box replaced and some 3 prong outlets converted to 2-prong (our 100-year-old house did not really have grounded wiring). Hare Electric came in and did the work after I had moved out. Couldn't verify the work myself but it must have been solid, as the house sold soon thereafter :)

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

12/22/2021

Robert B.

Hired to upgrade electrical system at my daughter / son-in-law's recently purchased home. Work included running a 220 line to basement for dryer, installing a larger sub-panel with additional circuits, adding multiple new outlets in various locations around the house, grounding some existing outlets and adding GFCI units. They arrived on the work dates promised, and were timely in responding to my email / text communications and completed all aspects of the requested work.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

12/14/2021

Dylan W.

After having a simple outlet swap go south when I broke a wire, these folks came in and made my problem look like a piece of cake.

Description of Work
Replace an outlet/light switch combo

Work Completed On 12/14/2021

11/17/2021

Adrienne M.

The team did a great job- they were quick and fixed the problem quickly

Description of Work
Repair lighting, install lighting, remove old wires

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

10/05/2021

Joe T.

Called for an appointment and someone came out within an hour. Work was done quickly and all my questions/concerns were addressed. Giving five stars because of how quickly they came out.

Description of Work
Replaced wall switch

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Thank-you for the review. Please feel free to call or email us if you have an additional questions. Bruce Haare

05/13/2021

Ingrid I.

We claimed a promotional deal 5/3/21. That was ten days ago. STILL waiting for that promised call back with an actual appointment. Too busy? Great, but at least let a potential client know definitively. Service is no longer needed.

Description of Work
Requested service for breaker box...

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Hello, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. My grandfather was put in hospice and my father the owner had to go help and in addition the app we use had a big update and we were having trouble with the technology. Unfortunately you were lost in our confusion and we are deeply sorry for that. Best Wishes

12/29/2020

Jim M.

Perfect, they were prompt, efficient and courteous. They cleaned up and tested everything. I will be calling them in the future.

Description of Work
Moving a power line

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

12/15/2020

Melissa M.

Fantastic service. The electricians provided reasonable options and solutions.

Description of Work
Replace outlets and inspect overall electrical

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

09/18/2020

Kimberly F.

We received a great service and an awesome deal from Hare Electric inc.

Description of Work
Electrical Services

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/29/2020

Kelly C.

Was a shaky start with a miscommunication BUT very happy with outcome. Once project started Gary was very clear on each step making sure I was happy with the result. I felt like he wanted to make sure we were happy with outcome. I really appreciated his patience and diligence getting the projects complete. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan install and outlet install with tv/surround mount

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Thank-you for the review. The communication error was my fault and I apologize for the problems at the beginning.

08/09/2020

bunny C.

Used these guys several times- always a great experience. Great value!

Description of Work
electrical

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

Thank-you for your review

07/03/2020

Lindy S.

Electricity check for power going to and from appliances. Appliances have been sketchy. They found loose connections

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/06/2020

Kaaren O.

everything went well and all work was done in a timely manner. Communication was great, especially since we made arrangements long distance. Would definitely hire again

Description of Work
updating electric

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

04/09/2020

JILL R.

Everything went very well. They fixed everything as requested. Love this company!

Description of Work
Outlet updating in 3 rooms.

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

Thank-you for the review and thank-you for the work. Bruce

10/13/2019

steven M.

They never scheduled with me ...... Emailed once to ask a question and never heard from them again

Description of Work
electrical outlet

Work Completed On 10/13/2019

On October 2nd I sent a message asking the question "do you have a receptacle on the inside wall near where you want the new receptacle". I never got a response to the question.

10/07/2019

Rhonda Q.

Did a great job with excellent recommendations

Description of Work
replace outside outlet

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

06/05/2019

Christine W.

The electrician was very knowledgeable and worked quickly. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor electrical plugs

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

06/05/2019

Loretta L.

The workers were on time and got right to work. They were so through, showing me where any light switches were located. The lights in the backyard look great now that they are on. The fans look so good and are just like I wanted. I am so happy that I called Hare Electric and will call them for further jobs. Thanks Hare Electric, Parma Hts.

Description of Work
Remove 2 ceiling fans and install 2 new ceiling fans. Check outside lights and fix.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

05/22/2019

William G.

All went very well. Overall good communication. Gary and his "crew" were friendly, courteous, professional, and knowledgable. Will call them for more electrical work in the future.

Description of Work
wiring for and installation of 2 light fixtures, redo wiring for outside light post, replace outside receptacle, and disconnect wiring in box in living room

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

04/25/2019

Keith G.

It is nice to feel like you have service professionals you can trust: that is what I believe I have in this crew. They came out for an electrical inspection. Based on the time spent, they were very thorough. Also, they had a great way of explaining things to let me know what was wrong and right with my electrical system. They answered my questions and were honest in evaluating my upgrade suggestions so not to provide unnecessary services. I would use these guys again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Electrical inspection

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

04/09/2019

Karin G.

They were excellent and came through like champs. They knew what they were doing and were very professional. I would highly recommend them and I will use them again.

Description of Work
They did some electrical work in my rental home. They rewired the light in a shower, put in a new chandelier in the dining room, etc.

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

02/08/2019

Halldor G.

The service person came out, was quick to analyze the issue, explained what the issue was and fixed it quickly. He also gave good advice and tips about the electrical wiring in our house. Will contact Hare Electric again, if or when needed.

Description of Work
Had issues with a light fixture and a light switch