Big Bear Remodeling

Founded 2014 • With Angi since October 2014

19640 CENTER RIDGE RD

Rocky River, OH 44116

At Big Bear Remodeling, we provide high quality workmanship at affordable prices. Whether you are looking for a kitchen or bathroom makeover, new siding, or just a small closet renovation, we can accommodate your residential & commercial remodeling needs. We serve Northeast Ohio & our custom

01/30/2023

John A.

Travis was terrific. Took the time to understand what we wanted and presented different ways to complete it. Was very professional, always got back to me in a timely manner. Showed up on time, did his work and cleaned up afterwards. I will use them again and recommend him and the company to anyone looking

Description of Work
Fixed leaky drain, repaired faucet, and installed new faucets

Category plumbing

07/01/2022

CHRISTINE N.

Big Bear Remodeling was a fantastic partner in our kitchen remodel. Rob and the team listened to our goals and concerns to create the space of our dreams. We have a century home that was honored by the crew's attention to detail and craftsmanship. Big Bear has an exemplary communication process and the crew cleaned the space at the end of every day. They were not the cheapest option and they are worth every penny. Go with Big Bear. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, home remodeling

03/09/2022

Chris C.

Rob and the Big Bear team were fabulous from start to finish on our kitchen remodel. While doing renovations during Covid was challenging, the team did everything in their power to ensure the project was on time and on budget. We highly recommend Big Bear Remodeling.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

02/08/2021

Margaret C.

We found Big Bear on Angies’ list and we are so glad we did. I had definite ideas about what I wanted the bathroom to look like and their architect helped me make it a reality. Once I got everything picked out, they used rendering software to create images of what my new bathroom would look like. Work did not start until all the materials and supplies were on site. Rob, the owner, held a meeting on site with the foreman just to make sure we were all on the same page. Communication between me and the company was great. I had direct text, phone, and email contact with Rob. In addition, I received a weekly phone call from Caitlin just to make sure everything was being addressed. If there are any issues, you can catch them in the very beginning and deal with it. We had an excellent experience with Big Bear. They did what they said they would do. They showed up on time. They were respectful of my home. They protected the hardwood stairs and cleaned up every day. They worked efficiently and skillfully. My bathroom turned out better than I had imagined. And most importantly to me, they kept the project moving despite a few unexpected curve balls. We highly recommend Big Bear Remodeling!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodle

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

08/16/2019

Angela L.

We had Big Bear complete or bathroom renovation. This included full gut job and installation of materials both us and they purchased for the project. Overall we are really happy with the finish project and would recommend them. There were a couple issues with communication and project details, but all concerns were addressed in a professional and courteous manner.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/09/2019

Gregory B.

We were disappointed in how things turned out. The estimator was on time but seemed rushed. He easily dismissed one of the projects we questions about. I was told I would get an estimate back in two weeks. After a month without anything, I called the office and was told by the receptionist both estimators were out with the flu. She said two days and I would have something. A week goes by so I call back and am told again they were out with the flu. C’mon by this point I felt like I was getting the run around. After voicing my displeasure I received a call from the president. He told me that estimator left the company and he did send me something but the email was wrong. Eventually they got me the estimate for the attic which seemed reasonable. The bathroom estimate was missing. I was told they would research it and find out. After no phone call again for over a week, I checked back In only to find out they had no measurements or descriptions of what we wanted. To his credit, the president offered to come out and remeasure and give me an estimate on the spot. I declined though and decided to go with a company that seemed more organized.

Description of Work
Estimate for bathroom and attic remodel

Category remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], as you state, I wasn't able to deliver an estimate that week because I had the flu. The next week. I offered to come out personally and give the estimate for the other project onsite before I left. We do everything on our power to be a good company and try to go above and beyond. I personally apologize that we couldn't find a way to satisfy your expectations. Good luck with your remodel and feel free to call me personally on my cell phone if you need any help in the future.

04/22/2019

Sean L.

Rob and his team did a very high quality job. This was a complete master bath remodel and it looks incredible. We are very happy with Big Bear.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel

02/15/2019

Pat H.

The experience was great. We could not have been happier with the job that Rob and his crew did.

Description of Work
Bathroom Shower

02/07/2019

George H.

Highly Recommend Big Bear Remodeling for the tremendous job they did on our complete gut & kitchen remodel project. Rob and the entire team managed the project with precision and great attention to detail. The weekly check-ins allowed us to pivot when needed and ask the questions we wanted. The Sunday night Scope of Work-Construction Schedules were extremely helpful when planning our weeks, especially both of us working from our home office. The outstanding skill set of each trade involved was great to watch as the puzzle came together perfectly. Big Bear set clear expectations from the start, there were no surprise bills of miscellaneous labor hours or materials at the end and the project was executed spot on! Finally, we are super grateful for the kind Big Bear crews that shared our home and showed great courtesy to our kids.

Description of Work
Kitchen Required

Category ceramic tile, decks, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, sunrooms

12/10/2018

Scott S.

We were extremely happy working with Rob and his team at Big Bear. They had great ideas, fair pricing and were very happy with the quality of the work. Rob is very meticulous and took time to review the quality of the craftsmanship and address any issues we had quickly and without additional costs. Look forward to using them again!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, exterior repairs, built new closets, electrical updates

Category plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

05/29/2018

Edward K.

I left a voicemail during business hours and it took seven days for a call back. The individual, Anna, left me a voicemail and requested I call her back on her cell, which I did an hour later. I left another voicemail and never heard anything back. Based on the lack of communication and follow-up, I would hesitate to hire them for any job.

Description of Work
Bathroom and Attic Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], we apologize we were not able to reach you to set an appointment, but we did try to call you back multiple times. Ana has in her notes that she called you six times and left one message for you. Her notes state that your phone kept ringing the first two times she called and the last three attempts to call you after you called us back. She asked that you call her cell because we were in the middle of moving our office to our new location that week and our phones were getting turned on in the new location. Unfortunately, she had trouble getting you back on the phone. We strive to ensure our customers are thrilled with our work and service and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you to show you more about our com. -Rob Young, President.

01/15/2018

Tyson T.

The team did great work. As we were looking for a contractor, we were very interested to find someone who was familiar with Schluter Shower systems and Schluter ditra floor backing to ensure a waterproof shower installation and to prevent any floor shifting that would lead to tile cracking and add a barrier to the subfloor. Robs team had recently been to a Schluter Systems contractor installation and training workshop and were very knowledgeable about the products and needed installation techniques. Rob was very willing and helpful and timely in answering my never ending list of questions, worked with us to find a happy medium for our design needs and budget, and provided excellent communication during the entire project. Rob assisted us by using his contractor discount at the Tile Shop and passed along that savings to us. We purchased the paint, fixtures, faucets, vanity, toilet, and countertop ourselves to spread our costs over a couple months leading up to the start of the project. Robs team provided all of the labor and construction materials. It is now 2017 and the bathroom looks the same as it did upon the project completion. We have had no leak issues and no tile issues. They did a really great job and managed some unforeseen issues that were exposed with the shower plumbing and subfloor once the demo was completed. We are now planning for our hallway bathroom renovation and have already secured estimated pricing from Rob Young.

Description of Work
Rob Young and his crew remodeled our master bathroom. They took the floor down to the joists to correct a bad subfloor, gutted the standalone shower, adjusted shower plumbing to raise the shower head and removed the bulkhead for more shower room, tiled the entire shower, created a custom tile niche, tiled the floor, installed a new toilet, new vanity and fixtures, and painted the whole bathroom.

09/05/2017

Melissa N.

I can not recommend Big Bear enough. They were very easy to work with and always professional and friendly. We look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Master Bath and Guest Bath remodel and walk-in closet built

01/17/2017

Donnald J H.

Big Bear Remodeling is an excellent company. The ownership ensures that they employ professional staff that are knowledgeable and extremely skilled at whatever task they are assigned to. Big Bear Remodeling has people on staff...they are actual employees. This is good because it limits the need to sub-contract services to other companies. Big Bear remodeling completed a significant rehabilitation of a previously vacant and foreclosed home for Western Reserve Community Development Corporation, of which, I am the Executive Director, This home is now a beautiful showplace for the current tenant, and is sustainable as a rental property for a long time to come. Ownership spends a lot of time to ensure that the proper materials, and designs are used in each project so that the project space is being utilized to its fullest potential. All of the work is also very competitively priced.

Description of Work
Vacant Home Renovation - Significant multiple room remodel

09/04/2016

May C.

Description of Work
Excellent and reliable. Price fair. very professional personnel. followup excellent. I will have them again if I need work in the future.

08/09/2016

Christopher F.

Called Big Bear and they came over February 8th to survey the room and provide an estimate. After that, nothing. I called twice and sent two emails, no response and no estimate were ever received. Handed the job to another contractor.

Description of Work
Convert bedroom into home office, add entryway inside garage.

Category remodeling

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us 6 months ago when we came to give you an estimate. Our project manager Joe came out and measured your space and talked about options, and my notes indicate that you were going to call us back after you sourced some special shelving material for the action figure shelves you wanted. I have no record on my server of you emailing us after your estimate. We strive to make sure all of our clients have a great experience, and I am sorry for the miscommunication. If you need work done in the future, you will receive a $250 credit on your invoice for the inconvenience.

03/11/2016

Bob R.

Big Bear Construction is an Outstanding Contractor: Responded promptly to initial call and fully understood the scope of work. Made several valuable suggestions to improve quality of project and to reduce cost. Provided a detailed and very fair quote. Workmen were professional, competent, careful, and clean. Work was completed in an excellent manner. Project began and completed exactly on schedule. Bathroom renovation was a complete success. Would definitely use Big Bear again!

Description of Work
Renovate bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling, sunrooms

02/08/2016

MARSHA T.

Rob (the owner) helped me pick out the tile and worked with me to pick out the bathroom fixtures and colors. He was interested in what I wanted to do with the room rather than just "paint the tub and slap up a new surround" that some other contractors seemed to think was the way to go. Other than the one meeting to pick out tile, we did most of the collaboration via email as this is a house I use when visiting my daughter. The remodel took about a month.

Description of Work
There was not much to like about my tiny bathroom from the stinky lowered ceiling to the stained linoleum flooring. They guys gutted the bathroom - took out the nasty ceiling, tile walls, tub, cheap plastic tub surround that leaked into the basement, MDF vanity, old toilet and built in cabinet. They fixed the holes in the floor, reclaimed the window space that the previous owner had covered over, installed a skylight and replaced some of the old plumbing in the basement. Then they put in a properly sloped floor with lovely basket weave green marble and an infinity drain, tiled the walls with a similar green marble subway tile, refinished the top of the wall and the ceiling, installed a quiet fan, vanity and overhead lighting. They put in a dainty pedestal sink, low flow toilet, shower and curtain rod, and rescued an original door found in the attic and installed it in place of the cheap hollow core door.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

12/30/2015

CATHERINE G.

Fantastic experience from beginning to end and exceeded my expectations. Helped me through the design stage while still staying respectful of my budget. Was very prompt and professional during the construction phase and throughout. Great communication throughout the process and was very accessible if I had any questions. Ensured top quality work was done (even higher than my expectations and my own high standards). Also did great follow up service to ensure that I was happy. The project finished on time and was great quality. Mark was the main tile guy and did a great job. I would highly recommend Big Bear and plan to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Remodeled both bathrooms in my condo. Included custom floor tiling, bath tub replacement and tiling, and custom walk-in tiled shower.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

12/30/2015

Claire B.

Mark was our main tile guy. He was a delight to work with, very professional and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of our master bathroom. They remodeled, demo and installation of our nature stone tile, concrete floor and shower.

11/11/2015

Ralph R.

In went very well. Rob the owner listened to what I wanted done and he supplemented my ideas with some of his own. The technician, scott, was very knowledgeable, prompt and courteous. It was a very good experience. I would highly recommend Big Bear Remodeling. I found them on an online site and am glad I did.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom install tile floor, new shower door, new toilet, jetted bath tub, lighting and accessories. Also painted the room.

Category home remodeling, interior painters

11/02/2015

Jerry T.

I highly recommend Big Bear Remodeling. You cannot find a better individual to work with than Rob Young with Big Bear Remodeling. From the first meeting, I could tell Rob was very knowledgeable and a genuinely nice guy to deal with. There are always going to be ups and downs on a project. The nice thing about Rob is he will work with you and bend over backwards to make sure your project comes out to your liking. He also is flexible in allowing you to pick up items yourself or he will order for you while always being considerate about keeping you in budget. The job did run a little over the time estimate to complete. As long as you stay patient you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
This was a full bathroom remodel. A tub was replaced with a glass enclosed shower with the necessary plumbing and fixtures. They tiled the shower, walls and floor. A new vanity was installed along with sink and countertop. A toilet was installed along with all the required plumbing. A lighting fixture was installed. The ceiling was re-textured and painted. The remainder of the un-tiled walls were painted.

07/10/2015

Vicky Z.

It went great, I was asked my opinion about things so it was done the way I liked it. They gutted the whole tub area, insulated the walls, new plumbing, installed my subway tiles and new tub, installed beautiful chrome fixtures and painted. I love what was done and will be using them to finish rest of bathroom.

Description of Work
Big Bear did a gut job of tub and walls and insulated and new plumbing and then tiled and new tub.

Category ceramic tile, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

12/19/2014

Roderick Y.

Rob Young and his crew did a terrific job remodeling my two bathrooms. The work performed was fantastic, on schedule, on budget and they took great care in respecting our home by placing canvas drop cloths on my carpeting. They cleaned up once completed and they hauled all the debris away. They even helped me with an unexpected emergency by repairing a leaking roof and replacing rotted window framing during another company's window installation. Rob is already reviewing plans on a Spring project. They went above and beyond my expectations.

Description of Work
Remodel two bathrooms as contracted and repair roof leak and rotted bathroom window frame as an emergency.

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling