Central Heating & Air Conditioning Co

Founded 1988 • With Angi since October 2000

243 Richmond Rd

Richmond Hts., OH 44143

Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners in Greater Cleveland, Ohio with their Central Heating and Air Conditioning Service & Installation. We understand our area, climate and what your home needs. We provide the most durable and reliable, energy-efficient brands, so you can live comfortably, all the time. 100% Financing available with up to 60 months no interest, with qualifying credit and installation package. 20 full time employees, Nate certified, QA Energy Star certified, accept all major credit cards. NO SUBCONTRACTORS! Special promotions: up to $1,250 rebate available from Dominion "Good Cents" program. Up to $3,000 rebate on select Trane installations....

05/25/2021

Deborah T.

This company scheduled my appointment about a month ago and didn't even bother to call me to let me know that they did not service my area. I should have been informed of this right away before scheduling the appointment. I found out by calling them when the technician did not show up for the appointment. My time is valuable too, I took time off waiting for them. Very unprofessional behavior, I would not recommend and would not use them. They had a month to let me know I was out of their service area, plenty of time for them to inform me so I could hire another company. I have a problem with their total disregard for my time, unprofessionalism and untrained administrative staff.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance/Tune up on central air conditioning

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/06/2021

Katherine S.

Greg was exceptional. He was thorough in his work, conscientious about not making a mess, and kindly patient in his showing me what’s what with my heating and air conditioning system. I’m completely appreciative and happy with his service.

Description of Work
Routine furnace checkup

10/24/2020

John H.

Our house is a center hall Dutch colonial built in 1925 with a boiler and steam heat. The boiler needed to be replaced so we considered upgrading to a forced air furnace and air conditioning. I called 3 HVAC companies. Central Heating and Air Conditioning was the first to respond to my call. Stewart Unsdofer (president of Central) came by the next day to look over the project. He quoted us a price that was very reasonable and we decided to have Central do the work. Greg and Brandon were the installers. Both worked methodically and efficiently throughout the installation. They were always polite and courteous. Duct work had to be installed in the basement and attic to service the first and second floors, respectively. Greg and Brandon were careful to keep any disturbances in the rooms to a minimum. They took pride in their work and were very meticulous about it. When the installation was complete they showed us the operation of the system and what maintenance should be done. I was very happy with the work Greg and Brandon did and it was a pleasure working with them. I would highly recommend Central Heating and Air Conditioning for similar installations.

Description of Work
Install new forced air furnace and air conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review! Your home was quite a project. My technicians are the best. I am blessed to have them on my team. Your system should work very well with a thermostat for each floor. Take care and thank you!

09/08/2020

Steve Z.

They said they are not taking any new business and wouldn't book an appointment.

Description of Work
Service Call

12/10/2019

David B.

The most comprehensive service ever received. Truly professional and attention to detail. Outstanding customer service!

Description of Work
Furnace check and clean

11/27/2019

ERIN O.

I have used Central for over 20 years in 2 separate houses & would never use anyone else - fantastic customer service on every level. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Annual furnace service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. I appreciate it. And. Thank you for using my company over all these years!

11/07/2019

Steven F.

Very well. The service repair man, Ken, identified the problem with the furnace quickly. He had heat coming back into the house within an hour. Ken was very professional. I would hire Central Heating again.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

10/25/2019

Douglas R.

Everything inspected and operation checked. Professionally cleaned the burners, sight glass, and lower cabinet area. Added proper water treatment and verified full working condition. Kenny was careful and thorough. Central is an extremely reliable and trustworthy enterprise.

Description of Work
Annual Boiler Check Up

09/06/2019

Kathleen Z.

Great job by installers and owner was good to work with. Solid choice. Trane equipment.

Description of Work
Install Furnace and Central Air

08/09/2019

Linda A.

They have been fine and very cooperative.

Description of Work
They did a preventive maintenance check for my HVAC system.

10/23/2018

Benjamin K.

We own a few rental properties and exclusively use Central Heating and Air Conditioning. I wanted to write a review after our most recent use of their services this fall because it still blows me away how GREAT this company is at what they do! One of our newer properties has a through the wall heather on the third floor and when we acquired the property, we were unsure if it was operational. Central was able to come out this summer, determined it worked and give it a tune up. Stewart the owner, also gave us recommendations and prices for new heating units so we can plan ahead for when this unit needs to be replaces as it is roughly 15 years old. A week ago, the unit wasn't working so we called Central. Kenny, the technician, was out within 24 hours, found the issue, a bad thermostat, and replaced it on the spot. Just a few days later, the furnace at another property stopped working and Nick, the technician came out and diagnosed the problem. Nick determined the part was under warranty and was able to order a replacement part before the store closed for the day. Nick then went above and beyond accommodating us in his schedule the next day to make the repair so the renter wouldn't be without heat. This made it an extraordinarily long day for Nick and something he did not have to do. I don't know any other heating company that would go to these lengths to help us restore heat for a tenant. Central's prices are always reasonable. They are on time and keep you informed along the way. The technicians explain the issues clearly and carefully. We've been using them for years. In total they have installed one boiler and two high efficiency furnaces for us. They maintain and repair all 11 heating units at our properties and we couldn't be happier. For us it is key to make repairs quickly, within budget, and without fuss. I 100% trust them and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Furnace stopped working.

09/11/2018

Kris R.

This listing states "free estimate", which is quite deceiving. This company's "free estimates" ONLY pertains to new installs and NOT repair services. This is the second vendor I've called on Angie Lists that stated "free estimates" ONLY to be told that it's for new installs only. Either quantify your "free estimate" statement or remove it from your listing. I'm extremely frustrated and consider this false advertising or "bait & switch".

Description of Work
Estimate on boiler repair

06/27/2018

Robert H.

Everything went very well with the job. They company was very responsive and available, despite this being a busier time of year. They were so responsive, we had to ask them to schedule out farther so we could prep for the work. The crew who performed the work was very friendly, even to our cats. They required very little interaction over the course of the two days of work. The Trane products installed are working great and we are very happy.

Description of Work
Remove old AC and Furnace and Install New

05/29/2018

Richard N.

I went through several companies and although I have not seen the repair person yet, I want to say the initial person was above courteous and helpful! Thanks for good customer service.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Repair, Just Scheduling the maintenance

02/10/2018

Robert C.

Tech. arrived on time he found and repaired the problem quickly. (Bad draft switch) The cost was very reasonable I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair intermittent furnace problem

12/31/2017

Cuauhtemoc G.

The technician who came did an excellent job. He did a thorough assessment of our furnace and tried various solutions before having to replace our motor. He gave us a complete explanation of how our furnace works and the repair that he did. He even reminded us to print our Angie's list coupon before we paid so we could save a little money. I will definitely recommend this company and plan to hire them for future upkeep and maintenance.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

12/19/2017

Diana B.

Fantastic! I had called another heating company for a furnace inspection and was told we needed a new furnace and was given an estimate a few days later. Stew, the owner of Central Heating and Cooling, came out for a second estimate. He checked out the furnace and stated that we didn't need a new furnace at all. He replaced the filter, scheduled a blower wheel cleaning, and the furnace is working just fine! Thanks to Stew and Central Heating Co. we saved THOUSANDS of dollars!

Description of Work
Furnace inspection

12/09/2017

William S.

It went incredibly well. Central Heating and Air Conditioning are very very good. I could write about the great crew assigned to the job, the thoroughness, etc; but let me just say that the city inspector after the final inspection said, "Central Heating and Air Conditioning do good work".

Description of Work
New high efficiency gas furnace, new central air conditioning and duct work alterations.

11/09/2017

Benjamin K.

The technician Ken is amazing! He promised to fix our boiler the next day and despite his hectic schedule took care of the issue within 24 hours. Ken is extremely professional, explains everything clearly, always does his best to fit us in as soon as possible, and helps us find the best and most cost effective solution to our problem. He is the most reliable, trustworthy, helpful, and honest guy I've ever dealt with! He is scheduled to come back out and fix a few other less pressing issues later in the year. Could not say enough for how happy we are to have found the company, we plan on sticking with them!

Description of Work
I have several rental properties and have used them to install two new furnaces and one new boiler. Additionally they service all of the heating units on our properties. Most recently I had an issue with a boiler at one of the properties. I wasn't sure if it was safe for the tenant to continue to use the boiler overnight and Ken, the technician on call answered my question within a few minutes and put me on the schedule for the next day.

09/18/2017

Valerie P.

I am getting ready to sell my house so I had to have an inspection. I love them. I would give them all "A"s down the board. I have used them more than once.

Description of Work
They did an inspection. They did a clean and check while they were here on the water tank, heating and air conditioner.

08/08/2017

Mackenzie D.

Absolutely outstanding service! From scheduling to the amazing customer service of our technician Ken, our experience with this company has been flawless. Ken was unbelievably knowledgeable and walked us through every step of the process! As younger, new home owners we really appreciated the fair, honest and neighborly values this company exemplified.

Description of Work
AC repair - new filter, replaced motor and filled up refrigerant

06/24/2017

Shannon B.

They were the one's who originally installed our furnace, air, and hot water tank. We have had them out a couple more times. It was a lot more expensive, but they did it right. I guess you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
They came and they fixed an issue with an different company. They fixed an leak in our furnace. Another company cleaned and inspected it. Another company tried to fix it, and twice it didn't work. They came out and put something in the furnace to stop it from leaking.

06/21/2017

Daniel R.

The repairman, Dave, arrived at the beginning of the two hour window that they said to expect him. He got right to work and was able to determine the issue within a few minutes. A rodent had built a nest inside the unit and had chewed through some of the wiring causing the capacitor to blow. He replaced the capacitor and repaired the damaged wiring quickly and efficiently. He was polite and professional.

Description of Work
Air conditioning stopped working.

06/20/2017

Bonnie V.

Very badly I am still with out air conditioning and I have asthmas and health issues and slept all day due to the heat this weekend.

Description of Work
They put in an air conditioner for me in 2004 that cost over $3000 and I was told that is how much it costs now, so I was robbed in 2004 which I found out by talking to other people who paid much less for central air. They also changed my filter to a large expensive one difficult to replace. They never sent me service reminders and never serviced it even though they are the professionals. I am on a very low income on disability and over 60 years of age which they do not take into consideration. Discounts need to be given to people like me. This unit is not old. They charged $69 just to drive to my house and wanted to add $50 because I know they are too expensive to repair, repairs total over $600 and might be close to one thousand he could not say and the $69 is additional. This company is over priced and does not value their customers and I want the $69 back. He worked on it for less than on half hour.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. When we installed the unit we also installed a high efficiency air cleaner..which is what you referred to as the "large, expensive" one. That is a much better way to filter the air to not only improve the indoor air quality in your home, but also to protect the equipment from dust and dirt..which is the main cause of problems over the years. The cost for the high efficiency air cleaner was approx $300-$400. We also installed a new main, 100 amp circuit breaker panel box..which costs approximately $1,000.00, which is why the ac installation was more than usual. My pricing is very competitive, although we are not the cheapest with our pricing. Unfortunately, I do not send out service reminders, which I should, but do not. With that said, if you are not happy with my service or pricing, I will waive the fees for the service call done on June 20th. Would that be ok? Sincerely, Stewart

06/13/2017

Pamela S.

Wonderful. Repairman remembered being at my home 2 years ago when he worked for another HVAC company. Wow. I was able to pull up the previous repairs and he ran a dye through. Unit is 14 yrs, so thought I would have to replace. His expertise gave me more time out of the unit. he explained the options I had and the cost for each. If I need to replace I will call THIS provider who was honest and found a problem and fixed it and cleaned up the work area. Very nice to work with. Will use again.

Description of Work
Air conditioner not operating efficiently, no AC second floor. Freon/ice buildup outside on two fixtures.

S Bradley Co Ltd

25 employees. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Free estimates to homeowners. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service. Established in 1994. Low employee turnover. Quality workmanship and Quality materials. Office - (440) 954-9525.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

The Plumbing Source

For the fastest service please CALL to schedule an appointment or estimate (216-365-0600). As a Multi-Year Super Service Award Winner, The Plumbing Source is TRUST WORTHY, family owned and operated with over 34 years of industry experience. We are much more than a plumbing company because we offer services ranging from PLUMBING, EXCAVATION, HEATING and COOLING, to total BATHROOM REMODELS! We are large enough to serve your needs, while small enough to care about building a relationship. Greg Faustina, the owner, is a master plumber and is actively involved and past officer of PHCC (Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors of Ohio) to exceed quality standards. All employees are uniformed and randomly drug tested. Technicians are trained every two weeks on the latest to ensure you are getting the best service. What sets us apart from our competitors is our AVAILABILITY to our customers (when you call us, you will talk with a live person 24/7), our commitment to use HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS and LABOR, and most importantly….our commitment to our customers! Water damage can ruin a home. Trust our LICENSED, BONDED, INSURED professionals in your home for long lasting results. It is our goal to build a relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime. We would love the opportunity to partner with you and all of your home improvement needs.

Offers by The Plumbing Source on Angi

State Of Ohio
    09/30/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Duct design, fabrication, air cleaners, humidifiers, space heaters, heating & AC installation.

Major plumbing, sewer work & drain unclogging.