APEX SYSTEMS INC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2004

1515 ROSEHILL RD

Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

2 EMPLOYEES. CHARGES BY THE HOUR. TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY.

12/06/2018

Barbara H.

Jamie is extraordinary. He thought through the issues, selected the right units, and we have been in great shape ever since. We had no air ducts anywhere in the house--steam heat means no ductwork--so he had to think through the logistics of how to get warm air from 3rd floor where the new system was installed, down to the 2nd floor. And he installed an A/C unit that could cool from 3rd floor down, cooling the 3rd, 2nd and 1st floors to perfection. His work is magnificent. The job took weeks, and he worked all day every day. Always punctual. Always did what he said he would do. We asked him back a few years later and he replaced our old steam boiler in the basement with a gas furnace to heat the basement and 1st floor. Again, superb work.

Description of Work
Jamie installed a gas furnace and A/C on our third floor, previously neither heated nor air conditioned, and regularly reaching more than 115 degrees in the summertime. We have a brick house with a black slate roof, so it was like an oven before Jamie installed the heating and cooling. We had lived that way for 20 years.

04/20/2018

Katharine M.

We called Apex on the advice of a neighbor after our AC went out on one of the hottest days of the year and our longtime HVAC service company gave us advice that didn't seem to add up. Jamie came out that evening - and our AC was up and running within 30 minutes (we'd been told that it was irreparable and would need to be replaced - at a cost of $6000 minimum- when they could get to it two weeks later. Jamie correctly diagnosed the issue within minutes of arriving and our AC has been running beautifully ever since. We won't ever use another HVAC service provider.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

09/17/2015

Connie M.

Description of Work
My outside AC unit wasn't working. I called and he came out the same day. Has the part with him and repaired in a short amount of time. Excellent service.

07/16/2015

Tried Stone B.

They did a very good job and came on time.

Description of Work
Ac check up and repair

04/10/2015

Elaine J.

Description of Work
He decided since I had such a low opinion of his professionalism. |he would prefer not to help and that was fine with me.

06/04/2014

Joanna B.

So when ac system was not cooling I called them back. the guy went thru routine questions and check out and said unit was out of r 410. he said it would cost for him to add a little Freon and check for leaks, I said go for it. he checked for leaks and stated that the outside unit coil was leaking and could not be fixed. I paid 32.50 for half hour of work and 21.00 for half pound of Freon and 65.00 trip charge to find out that is was not easy fix. he said he would get pricing on new coil and if coil was expensive then get price for outside unit it that was possible. after 2 separate calls to office to find out if he had info he finally called me back on 5/27 and said coil would be 900$ plus install for total of 1400$. I decided to get second opinion. please read great review for Fire & Ice but short answer is I called on 27th they came out on 28th said we had leak and he could fix and fill with 7.5 lbs of Freon for $650. he showed me where leak was and its been working great for over a week.

Description of Work
I have a 3 ton whole house American standard System. 2 years earlier Apex had come to do warranty work to replace the compressor when original installer was no longer certified by American Standard to do the work. At that time the person was very diligent and thorough to get it right and I was well please with the service. But not this time!!!

02/28/2014

Andrew W.

Our furnance stopped working at 10:30 pm last night. To make matters worse, it was 12 degrees outside!!! I placed a claim with our home warranty company and was told to contact APEX for the repair. Jamie was at my house no less than 1 hour later. His responsiveness was amazing. Jamie was professional, courteous, and worked fast to get our heat back on. Thanks again Jamie! The price listed was the deductable I was required to pay as part of my home warranty.

Description of Work
Replaced the gas value for our furnance and minor tune-up work on the unit.

09/29/2013

John B.

I've known Jamie Kenefick for a lot of years. He completely pulled out all of my old furnace (dated 1952...before I was born) and put in two new modern efficient furnace and AC. He did a lot of footwork figuring just what was right for our now 100 year old house. You know that details in the trade work is important. When he installed some of the vent pipe and went back in and changed it...because some of the vent pipe seams showed and he didn't like that! He's always up on the newest stuff in HVAC too. He's a walking encyclopedia of HVAC knowledge. Jamie is always timely and I'm on his annual maintenance care program...A great idea because if you're like me you get busy and forget...then the furnace or AC stops and you wonder why, and you also get a break on prices. During the recent checkup he told me about a sound I started hearing toward the end of last winter. I need to replace a motor...nice to know now then in January when its cold enough to freeze an Eskimo. Regular check up beats sweating or freezing. Having someone you'd trust with the keys to your house to do the work....Priceless.

Description of Work
HVAC check up and filter swap

06/07/2013

Barbara S F.

Jamie, owner of Apex Systems, Inc & his assistant did an awesome job from beginning to end!!! His first appointment was to come to my home to gather info in order to give me an accurate estimate. I received the quote on 5/16/13. Very good & fair price for the job I needed done. There was no high pressure sales pitch. He started job on 6/2/13. Project took 2 1/2 days. Jamie & assistant showed up on time each day, were careful to put down cloths on floors to prevent tracking in dirt, very knowledgeable, professional, courteous, worked diligently the entire time, & they always cleaned up after themselves before leaving for the day. Jamie was very thorough in instructing how my new furnace, air conditioner, & thermostat equipment worked & very patiently answered any questions I had. I had total peace about the whole process knowing I could put my full trust in his ability to do the job right. I am so happy with my new furnace & air conditioner. I would highly recommend Jamie to anyone who needs furnace/AC repair or new installation. THANK YOU JAMIE FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Description of Work
Job included removal & disposal of old furnace & air conditioner. Installed new 80,000 BTU gas furnace, 2 1/2 Ton air conditioner, whole house humidifier, new thermostat, lined masonry chimney, modify furnace & water heater vent & tie into chimney liner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, chimney repair

10/08/2012

Jim C.

I had Apex come out because I thought something was wrong with my furnace. As it turned out, there was nothing wrong, but I did have him check other components and he founf that the humidifier had a bad switch. He fixed that and gave me a lot of extra information about a remodeling job I was planning. He was very helpful about this guidance and very patient answering a lot of questions which were, in effect, taking work away from him since I am going to do the HVAC work. He could have withheld this construction information and tried to talk his way into letting him do the work (for a fee) for me.

Description of Work
Fixed a malfunctioning humidifier.

09/25/2012

RICHARD T.

see above.

Description of Work
Had the owner of Apex Systems, Jamie Kenefick, do a fall furnace inspection, prior to using the furnace, A/C and related heating system in early October of 2011. He visited on date and time that was pre-set, He took the cover off the furnace unit, went through several checks, made notations, on his own customer forms, explained what he was doing as he went along, (Yes, I stood aside and watched, with no problems), so that I knew what he had looked at, and could ask any questions, and, knew he would answer them straight forward. I like that. Jamie said he saw no problems for a furnace that was approaching 10 years of service, since being a new installed system. That the heating unit, and related pieces all had no problems, and had many years of service ahead. (Good news to hear). His inspection, only took about an hour. He had me turn on the programmable thermostat, and set the heat for about 80, so he could run blower tests, etc. and this only took about 10 to 15 minutes. He found no problems. He made his notes about settings, etc, as he went along. He asked me to reset the thermo to its regular settings and set for normal run. He has all my account info on his customer form. If and when I have a service problem, or, need a new unit, Furnace or A/C, I will call Jamie, then go from there. He is locally owned and operates as a small business, lives in about a half hour drive from my house. Yes, I would reccommend him to others.

07/25/2011

Thomas M.

Jamie, the owner of the company, came in person to evaluate our situation and take appropriate measurements to determine the size of the furnace and A/C needed. He was prompt and professional and explained in detail what he was doing and why. He did not provide the estimate the same day because he needed to input all of the data into a computer model which takes into account a number of factors, such as the size of the house, the number of windows, etc. He followed up within a couple of days with a detailed price breakdown of all the available options and their cost. I don't have the exact specs on the devices we ended up going with, but for comparison purposes: (1) our house is around 1000 square feet, (2) we did not get the high efficiency models of furnace or A/C, and (3) we did not go with the variable speed blower in the furnace. We basically went with the cheapest models available. The price that APEX charged was WELL below the two other estimates we had. One of the competitors was going to charge nearly twice as much for similar equipment. The installation went smoothly. He came on time and worked tirelessly for two days. We have been very happy with the performance of our new furnace and A/C. I even called with a question a year later and Jamie politely explained in great detail what I needed to do to replace the water panel in the humidifier. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We had our furnace and air conditioner replaced. The price included removal of the old furnace and A/C unit and installation of the new ones. It also included a new humidifier for the furnace and a new digital thermostat to control both units.

06/20/2011

Barbara H.

The work has been completed but we are waiting for the city inspectors to do their final inspection. It was a huge job and the work has been done to my satisfaction. I have an eighty years old house and it had steam heat. There were three stories to my house and the top floor neither had heat nor the air conditioning. There was no air conditioning in the entire house. They have been working on it since April. The main installer, Mr. Jamie was the owner of the company. He was extremely knowledgeable and he had a difficult setting to work in. My house had brick on brick walls and he had to remove the wooden floor in order to lay the duct work underneath the floor. The air conditioning unit and the furnace were installed on the third floor. He was very involved in terms of the labor and in terms of thinking through the challenge. He had to fit everything in. He had to heat and cool an eighty years old house that never had ducts because steamed heat did not have ducts. He had to fill the ducts everywhere to get the cool and the heat. I have lived here for twenty two years and this was the first time that I had a cool house as opposed to an oven. His ability to think through the challenge and come up with the solution was the best thing that I liked about him. He was extremely punctual and extremely neat about his work. His was flexible. I wanted some more duct work to cool the first floor which was an afterthought. He accommodated that and did the work. He was also a licensed plumber which was very handy as I did not have to hire a plumber to do the gas lines. I would definitely use him again in the future even for the plumbing work.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Apex Systems Incorporated this month. They put in air conditioning to my entire three floored house and upgraded the steam heat to a gas heat in the top two floors. They also did plumbing for the gas lines.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

03/15/2011

sharon G.

He was pretty good and honest. I liked that they were responsive and knowledgeable. Their price is right in the ballpark.

Description of Work
Apex Systems Inc cleaned everything and changed the thermostat to the digital about a couple of months ago.

03/10/2011

REBECCA W.

They came out in a timely manner. They were informative about the questions that I had. They were reliable and dependable. The work went well overall. Their price was competitive too. I have been using them for about 10 years.

Description of Work
We used Apex Systems Inc. to install a water heater.

Category water heater repair

01/12/2011

Mark D.

I wouldn't recommend them to others. He did not follow through and come back like he said.

Description of Work
Apex Systems came out to check out my furnace and they were supposed to come back but they never came back.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We were disappointed when we saw the Member's comments. Our records show that we went out and serviced a furnace in his rental property on November 23, 2010. After servicing his furnace he had some questions about some other issues in the home. We diagnosed a problem with an electric wall heater in a utility room at no charge. We, being very familiar with this model house, explained several things about how the home was built and what to expect with regards to certain characteristics of the home. We were there for probably an hour. Before we left he asked us to look at leak at the bathroom vanity faucet. We determined it should be replaced, so he asked us for a price on replacement. I told him we could get a price together and we would contact him with that information. We called him with a price with in 48 hours and he told us he had already found someone else to do the work. We left it at that and did not pursue it any further. We had not heard anything else from the Member until we saw his post. We do our very best to do a very good job at a fair price and always try to resolve issues with customer if they arise. We were unaware the Member was dissatisfied in anyway. If we had we would have addressed it promptly. The Member told us when we went out that he was looking for a new company to work with because he was dissatisfied with the last company he was working with. His post states that we did the work on October 13, 2010 but our records show we did not go out until November 23, 2010. Due to the discrepancy in service dates we thought perhaps the Member had confused our company with the other company he was already disappointed with. We called the Member about this and were unable to resolve that question. We hope our customers and other Angies list customers looking for a service provider will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves to them directly. Thank you.

08/13/2010

MARILYN B.

Apex was prompt and polite when they came to our home. They explained our options and gave good advice. We were very satisfied with the installation of the new unit. It was a much better experience dealing with Apex than with our slow-moving Home Warranty company.

Description of Work
Toward the end of June, our air conditioner was not cooling properly. We had a Home Warranty contract that sent Apex out to look over the problem. There was a leak in the compressor and Apex submitted a claim for a new unit. They also suggested adding some coolant to keep the unit operating until it was replaced. This was not covered by the warranty but we are thankful we did this because it took the Home Warranty company until August to approve and ship a replacement unit.

06/21/2010

REBECCA W.

Went great; no problems

Description of Work
Furnance Burner repaired to stop CO2 alarm

05/20/2010

John F.

I have used Apex for years. Jamie came out and inspected the unit and he gave me a brief tutorial on the operation of the unit, how to save energy costs and keep the unit running efficiently. Always very satisfied with his service.

Description of Work
Check and inspect A/C & heating unit on home we recently purchased

02/19/2009

Sheena P.

All good - prompt, quick and effective.

Description of Work
Plumber replaced a section of cold water pipe in the basement that was leaking. This was a job done under a home warranty program, so $100 represents our deductible, not the full cost of the job (approx $150).

Category plumbing

05/08/2007

SANDY G.

Mr. Kenefick foresaw the different issues and was excellent at explaining all possibilities as well as performing the work. He was very professional when providing the initial estimate and doing the work. He was well prepared, arrived on time, and finished the job completely before mailing an invoice to me. He is the owner of Apex and does all the installations too. I like that he has complete responsibility for the work performed. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Removed existing 40 plus year old furnace and replaced it with an American Standard 90+% efficient unit. The chimney flue that vents the hot water heater also needed to be insulated and due to the design of the chimney flue, the furnace had to vent to the outside via a new pathway, the foundation wall.

04/11/2006

SETH A.

Service rep came to our house within 2 hours, diagnosed the problem (loose wire) and fixed it. Very pleasant and knowledgeable. Would definitely contact them again for emergency or regular service.

Description of Work
Heating system failed on a cold December night after hours.

11/22/2005

EMILY O.

APEX WAS THE THIRD COMPANY THAT I TRIED. COLDWELL BANKER HOME WARRANTY HAD GIVEN ME TWO OTHER PLUMBERS THAT GOT POOR RATINGS ON ANGIE'S LIST. APEX WAS GREAT. DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM.

Description of Work
HAD A LEAKY SHOWER DRIPPING THROUGH THE DOWNSTAIRS CEILING.

Category plumbing

06/30/2005

JULIE S.

PHONE CALL WAS RETURNED PROMPTLY DURING BUSY SEASON TIME, AND A SERVICEMAN WAS SCHEDULED OUT IN A TIMELY MANNER. HE WAS ON TIME, ASSESSED THE PROBLEM, AND WORKED THROUGH MY HOME WARRANTY COMPANY TO REPLACE THE OUTSIDE UNIT. UNIT CAME IN AND THEY REPLACED IN LESS THAN A WEEK. SERVICEMAN WAS VERY POLITE AND INFORMATIVE.

Description of Work
ASSESSED AIR CONDITIONER PROBLEM AND REPLACED OUTSIDE UNIT.

02/23/2004

AMY L.

DEALT WITH APEX AS RECOMMENDED THROUGH A HOME WARRANTY. HOME WARRANTY COMPANY WAS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO WORK WITH, BUT APEX WAS GREAT! HONEST, FRIENDLY SERVICE. WERE AVAILABLE OFF HOURS WHEN OUR FURNACE STOPPED ON A COLD SUNDAY IN FEBRUARY!

Description of Work
REPLACED HOT WATER TANK. REPLACED HOT SURFACE IGNITER ON FURNACE.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair