Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2010

Our Mission is to provide every customer the best value and experience in the construction industry. We are committed to the highest level of professionalism, quality of work, and best response time. Buckstone Building & Restoration, LTD. was originally founded and is currently located in Randolph

decks & porches (53)garage building (9)woodworking (7)drywall (7)home remodeling (5)deck cleaning (4)concrete repair (4)roofing (3)flooring (3)basement remodeling (2)interior painting (2)home builder (2)

08/10/2021

Doug .

Talked to Corey about a new deck,scheduled an appointment for an estimate.No call No show.Someone else will gladly take my money.Seems like a habit with this company.I understand busy but please don't waste peoples time if you don't have any to spare.

Description of Work
New Deck Install

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

02/09/2020

Nick C.

Buckstone builders incorporated aesthetically pleasing designs and practically in to their work. Builder is extremely knowledgeable and friendly along with respecting and listening to customer needs.

Description of Work
Multiple projects over the last 10 years. Most notable are 14’x16’ screened in porch. Trex composite decking used used for flooring, stairs, and porch skirting. Porch add ons included cedar lined ski lights, 5 electrical outlets, ceiling fan and recessed lighting. Additional 7’x16’ porch with 3’ wrap around railing and stairs. Trex decking used for skirting, porch decking and stairs. Other projects included: 9’x8’ hot tub pad, outdoor stair railings, installation of family room French doors, outdoor patio benching with tables.

Category concrete repair, decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

Review for Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD - PO Box 396, Randolph, OH - 38377322

01/27/2020

Howard L.

Buckstone has done 2 projects for us in the last 18 months and have been extremely satisfied with their work. Especially their attention to detail and the level of communication about options. The first was a roof repair that involved removing the ridge vents and replacing them due to leaking. The next project was a master bathroom remodel/update. We were thoroughly pleased with how both turned out . We would recommend them on a very high basis

Description of Work
Roof and Bathroom

Category roofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

01/18/2020

Gary H.

The installation went very well. The crew was punctual and paid close attention to detail. It was a relatively big job and the price was very reasonable. I will definitely use Buckstone Builders again!

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

09/13/2019

John O.

Corey is fantastic. He does what he says he will do and at a price that is fair. This kitchen remodel was extensive and he was able to provide solutions to many different problems that came up during the project. He is honest and gives his opinion on the best way to do things when asked. The project came out beautifully and was done with great craftsmanship. Thank you Corey for once again doing such a great job. I will look forward to working with you soon on our next project.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Thank you....the positive feedback is very much appreciated! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

04/15/2019

Jessica H.

Came out for a quote. Said he’d get back to us in a week. He called that week and said he’d have the quote over that weekend. Nothing. We called him again the following week. He said he emailed the quote and he’d try again that day. Still nothing. Days later we texted him again asking if there was an issue can we give him another email address. Never responded. Don’t waste people’s time. If you don’t want the job, then say so. Very unprofessional. I don’t know how he even gets business operating like this. The poor review before mine made me not even want to call. But we decided to give him a chance anyways. Wish we wouldn’t have.

Description of Work
New construction garage

Category garage builders

07/05/2018

Susan N.

He returned my call, came out to the house, and promised a quote. I never heard back from him. I called almost a month later, and left a message, and have not heard back from him. If you can't do the work, or don't want to, it is much better to at least get back to the person within a short time, and say so. Doesn't waste my time, and doesn't make you look unprofessional.

Description of Work
Front porch repair/replacement, small rear deck for back door.

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

05/23/2018

Wayne J.

It was great until Corey stopped coming with no explanation. I always paid immediately, and told him that we loved his work. After spending thousands of dollars, and having what I thought was a good relationship, he stopped coming, leaving work unfinished. Repeated calls, texts, and emails were unanswered.

Description of Work
Tile flooring, drywall, electrical, wainscoting, cabinets, crown moulding

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

The projects were based on time and materials as agreed. As you are aware, we originally stopped because you had expressed you were at budget for the moment. When you called to have more projects completed, I had let you know we were extremely backed up on other projects. We always had a good working relationship during the projects we completed and you seemed very happy with everything we did so I'm very surprised and disappointed by the negative review...especially considering this is years later.

02/25/2018

George B.

Went perfectly. Excellent workmanship, very professional, easy to work with. Cory did an excellent design and his team did top quality work.

Description of Work
Covered deck was constructed.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

08/20/2017

Judi L.

I called Corey June 24, 2017. I did not receive a call from him so sent an email on June 27. He called and came to my house on June 28 to look at what I needed done. Another email to him on July 2 asking about price and plan produced a "will contact you soon" response. I never heard from him again. I do not have a problem with Corey not wanting to do this job but not saying so was time wasted, discourteous, and a bad business practice for him.

Description of Work
Basement drywall replacement, painting and deck repair.

Category decks, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/02/2017

03/20/2017

Shaun M.

It went very well. Corey's team was professional and everything was finished ahead of schedule. While we had to touch up the paint a little and install the toilet paper roll and towel rack holder hardware in the bathroom, I would definitely recommend and use Corey's team again. We are loving our new space and expect to get many, many years of enjoyment out of it. A big thanks to Corey and his team.

Description of Work
Approximately 450 square foot basement finishing with a half bath. The work included framing and drywall as well one coat of primer and one coat of paint. We chose the paint color. The draining pipes were already installed by our builder so Corey's team needed to run the water lines and install the toilet, sink, vanity, and exhaust fan. Carpeting was also included in the price however we bought the materials for the half bath flooring and Corey's team charged us for the install. The ceiling is a drop ceiling with canned lights. I had also requested 3 Cat 5 lines installed. Power outlets installed and are adequate and spaced to code.

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

Review for Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD - PO Box 396, Randolph, OH - 34638013

02/08/2017

Donna E.

Cory does a great job and is very organized. I am always impressed with how professional and on time he is when he commits to a job. Most contractors show up late and finish jobs late... not Cory and his team... They are always early to the job site and finish on time. The quality of his work has been outstanding and I would recommend him to others. It is also impressive to see he has the same team of guys working for him - over the last 3-4 years that says something about him as a leader and boss.

Description of Work
Cory has done several jobs for our family. He built a large pool deck about four years ago and him and his team did such a great job we hired him again. In October we need a new composite deck on our house and also a good number of concrete stairs installed.

Category concrete repair, decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

Thank you for the positive feedback...I'm glad to hear you're happy with everything! We really appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on your future projects.

02/04/2017

john M.

bad very bad i have a 8000.00 block wall. my garage was to be done in stages well that was the first stage i paid 4000.00 for that stage the next was a 25% down and that woulsd be 3400.00 but i paid 4000.00. nouthing was done.three weeks went by i called he said he was done becase i did not pay him 5000.00. well in my book 25%of 15000.00 is 3400.00 i paid 4000.00.so would you think this was good work not by any anyone.

Description of Work
had someone put up a block wall i think he sub it out

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

I left several phone messages and sent numerous texts to the customer requesting that he call me to discuss his project (as far back as 12/27/16). To date (6 weeks later), I still have not received a return phone call and he has not answered the phone when I've called to discuss his project. Essentially the only replies I have been able to get were some texts...largely in part stating he wasn't available (even though I offered to meet him whenever he was available). The foundation for the garage was completed 1/16/17. The garage was backfilled on 1/19/17. Customer shorted the foundation draw payment by $1,000 (he paid $4,000 even though $5,000 was clearly specified in the Agreement) and he did not pay for his change request to add in a driveway allowance (which was an additional $1,580). The exact verbiage in the Agreement for the portion that addresses the foundation draw states "Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) shall be due at foundation installation", which is pretty clear. Additionally, the Original Agreement/Contract amount was $19,960 plus $1,580 for the customer's change request...there is not an Agreement with this customer for $15,000, nor has there ever been. No reason was provided by the customer as to why payment was short (it seems as though he just chose to pay what he wanted to pay, when he wanted to pay it). Due to payment/s being short and lack of response on the part of the customer, the project was stopped at backfill. Since he would not communicate/meet to discuss items necessary to proceed with the project, on 1/30/17 I offered sending (and/or meeting) for us to sign a Mutual Release Agreement or to line up Mediation with a 3rd party (even though there are no issues with the quality or specifications of the work completed, nor have any quality issues been expressed on the part of the customer to us)...to date, he has not committed to following through with either. In all the projects we've completed, this is the first I've dealt with a customer that expressed that they didn't want updates on the progress of the project and would not respond to the multiple attempts to meet to discuss items related to the project. Since the customer would not discuss items needed relating to the project and didn't pay in accordance to the agreement, unfortunately we were left with no option but to stop progress. While it is always our goal to provide the best quality and service in the industry, this truly is a situation of an unresponsive/unreasonable person. The Agreement is in place to help ensure both parties are on the same page about the project. We can point out what was agreed, but we can't force him to hold up his end of the Agreement and we can't make him call us to discuss his project. We would have preferred to complete the project, but that's just not possible under the circumstances he's established.

12/19/2016

Janet N.

All went very well. The work is beautiful ! It is just as I pictured. It is a small porch, but perfect for me.

Description of Work
I needed a new front porch. They removed the old cement slabs.

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

12/13/2016

Tom M.

the deck looks great.. Very well done!

Description of Work
build a new deck.

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

Review for Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD - PO Box 396, Randolph, OH - 34119504

Thank you for the positive review...glad to hear you're happy with your new deck! Please let us know if you have any future projects. Thank you,

11/26/2016

Richard R.

They were very professional and consistent with getting the job done in a timely manner

Description of Work
The old front porch removed and a new one installed

Category decks, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/23/2016

Review for Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD - PO Box 396, Randolph, OH - 33996201

[Member Name Removed]: Thank you for the positive review...glad to hear you're happy with your new porch/deck! Please let us know if you have any future projects. Thank you,

11/15/2016

Daniel L.

Corey was always very responsive and professional everytime I contacted him. He is also transparent and honest describing what issues there may be, without trying to sell services or products that are not actually needed. This is hard to find these days, as it is common to run into companies that try to make minor issues seem more significant only to sell you some of their products or services.

Description of Work
I have had Corey do some work on my deck and asked him for some consultation on structural engineering related matters.

Category decks, garage builders, home builders

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

Thank you for the positive review! As always, please let me know if you need any help with future projects. Thank you,

10/31/2016

Jason B.

Requested a quote through angies list. Was unresponsive to email, phone, and text. Until I saw other reviews I assumed he had gone out of business.

Description of Work
Quote for a deck.

Work Completed On 08/31/2016

09/07/2016

D D.

My large deck project went very well. I'm a very picky consumer (my family and friends only use service providers if they've met my "angies list" expectations), and Buckstone Building met or exceeded all of my expectations. It's extremely difficult nowadays to find such a provider. Corey and his crew were very professional, very neat, and very polite. They went above and beyond in making certain that we were 100% satisfied. There really is nothing more to say. I would highly recommend Buckstone Builders.

Description of Work
I needed a contractor to review my existing deck plans and construct accordingly.

Work Completed On 06/27/2016

Thank you for the terrific review..it was a pleasure working with you both on the project! I'm glad to hear you're happy with how everything went with your deck...it really did turn out awesome! We appreciate your business!

08/30/2016

CHRISTINE Y.

It went very well. Corey Myrla and his assistant Caleb did an excellent job.

Description of Work
New deck built

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

08/25/2016

CHRISTINE Y.

Thought the price was excellent. I had two other bids and there was the best. They did an excellent job. The service was courteous and I felt I was dealing with someone who was honest. The young man that worked for him was also excellent and did good work. I have not been able to contact Corey Myrla about a minor problem.

Description of Work
I used Buckstone Building and Restoration, LTD to tear down old deck and build a new one.

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

07/06/2016

Teresa W.

I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal to get some remodeling work done. I paid more than the price of the Big Deal because it took longer than what I paid for.

Category remodeling