We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Utmost Renovations

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2002

8815 Surrey Lane

Plain City, OH 43064

"We are so confident in our service and quality that we often offer three (3) year labor and material warranties on all full-blown chimney repairs/restoration and certain masonry restoration projects" 15 employees. We are possibly the only exterior renovation company in Central Ohio that restores

07/28/2022

Kathryn G.

Mark's team did a great job for us. They were prompt, friendly, and honest. At a time when we were very stressed due to crazy quotes from other companies and other projects going on at the house, Utmost was a relief to find.

Description of Work
Stone Chimney clean and repair

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you for the positive feedback.

03/28/2022

Lynne K.

Very professional high quality work. Matched mortar and was very good with working with century home.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing and chimney repair

Category masonry, chimney caps

Thank you for the positive review! We enjoy working on historical homes and buildings and you were great!

12/19/2021

Christopher B.

Mark was very punctual getting back to my initial request for chimney repair and exterior cleaning. We communicated via email and text. Mark and his team required use of a Boom Lift in order to access the top of the chimney, which was also on a steep decline at the side of the house. After paying a small deposit, the work was scheduled and completed over a few days. The house is 32 years old and looks almost new. I highly recommend Utmost Renovations for their knowledge, experience and quality of work.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, pressure washing

Thank you for the kind words, you were very good to work with as well.

09/08/2021

Tim M.

The folks at Utmost Restorations are some of the nicest and most professional contractors we have ever worked with. They do exactly what they said they would, when they would do the work and their craftsmanship with masonry work was top notch.. Mark Huffler and his sons were all courteous and with the "utomost" of professionalism. Their prices are compeitiive and you cannot go wrong if you use them for any of your masonry or other concrete contracting work. 5 Stars for "ALL" of the people at Utmost Restorations .............Tim M. from Hilliard, OH

Description of Work
two jobs, top of chimney replacement, plus a new concrete wall built.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you for the positive feedback/review. You are a great person, and I enjoyed working with you. Your home is lovely, and the chimney did turn out very well.

06/06/2021

Kathleen K.

It was a VERY positive experience. Mark, the owner, was amazingly responsive. He replied to my request for an estimate almost immediately and to all my emails the same day. He initially told me that he was scheduling for the next month, but he had a window of time and was able to do the work right away. Gabe and the other workers were professional and courteous and did a fantastic job. They were all very patient with my questions. I forgot to ask them to remove some awning anchors and nails in the mortar and patch them until after they had already finished the repointing, but they graciously took care of it the next day without hesitation. I was expecting the caulking to be white and obvious, but it matched the mortar and is inconspicuous. While there is no way for me to closely examine the work on the top of the chimney itself without getting up on the roof, I had a roofer out at the same time, and he said he was watching them work and thought they were doing a great job. Finally, they pointed out the fact that I was missing caps on two of my flues and worked with me to resolve the issue. I have already referred them to friends, and I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
They power washed all the stone on my house and chimney, re-caulked the metal flashing, resurfaced the crown, relayed and/or replaced a few loose stones and spot-tuckpointed the bad, loose, open, missing, or cracked mortar joints using a historical mortar mix that matched the original mortar. They caulked the sides to match the mortar and weather sealed the chimney with water repellent. They also spot-pointed the other stone on the house and caulked a vertical joint where the stone meets the wall of the house. They installed weep tubes and painted a steel lintel in the stone wall above a window.

Category masonry, chimney repair

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind and positive review. You were great to work with and glad we could restore your old original real limestone chimney and facade/walls.

04/01/2021

Ana K.

Utmost Renovations was Fantastic! the project was completed as estimated and contracted. Utmost completed work in a timely manner The quality of work was excellent. The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful and willing to explain and the project in detail. I would highly recommend Utmost Renovations!!

Description of Work
Chimney point tuck

Category chimney repair

Thank you for the review. We enjoyed restoring your chimney and you were very easy to work with and glad you are satisfied.

03/13/2021

Tom H.

Utmost was quick to respond and quick to give me a competitive estimate. Their crew did the work really well in a timely and friendly way. Stucco matching is HARD and Utmost did a great job. I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
We exterior stucco that was degrading and a chimney that needed repointing.

Category chimney repair, stucco, house painters

Thank you very much for your review and, yes, stucco is hard, especially when there are several different finishes and textures needed to match the existing stucco finishes. We are pleased you are happy with the final product.

03/12/2021

Ron P.

The customer service was exemplar! All Utmost Renovation employees were courteous, respectful, and forthcoming with educating and providing insight. I'm well pleased with the work and customer service. Prices are quite reasonable!

Description of Work
Repair chimney and planter with stucco. Repair concrete staircases and resurface with concrete patch.

Category concrete repair, chimney caps, chimney repair, stucco, house painters

Thank you very much for the high praise, and we are delighted you are so satisfied. The exterior masonry and chimney revitalization and decision to apply all new stucco over the old brick became a great choice. The pictures you put on our company google page in your review are beneficial. Thanks again, and it was a pleasure helping you with your project.

12/11/2020

Amanda R.

Utmost renovations did an AMAZING job on our chimney!! it looks beautiful and we didnt have to tear it all down like some companies recommended. Their contractors were extremely professional, on time, courteous and did such a great job. i would definitely hire them again, and am thankful i found them!

Description of Work
Chimney repair due to spalling

Category chimney repair

Thank you very much for the great chimney restoration review. Glad we could help and we will be here in the future for you as well.

10/31/2020

Jane H.

These are the nicest people. Very accommodating. Work was done in a timely manner. There were a few rainy days that got in the way. Not a problem. They did a beautiful job. They matched bricks to our 55 year old chimney bricks very well. Price was fair. They cleaned up so well, you would never have known they were there. Great company. Highly recommend. Thank you Mark & guys.

Description of Work
Total rebuild of chimney above roof. Repairs on chimney below roof. New chimney cap. Sealant applied.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you were one the best customers to work with ever. Very grateful, trusted in our process, and kind. It means a lot to us to work with good/decent human beings!

10/29/2020

randy P.

Great results and they were able to use paint we provided.

Description of Work
52 square feet of stucco in bad shape needed repair and painted to match entire exterior wall.

Category stucco, house painters

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. I appreciate it and you were easy to work with sir.

10/03/2020

Richard A.

Great. Though the chimney is on the third floor and difficult to reach, Utmost quoted a price that was about one-third the estimate another company had given me. At my request, they also shortened the chimney since it no longer serves a purpose.

Description of Work
Repair to my front chimney, which had lost some bricks near the top.

Category chimney repair

Thank you! We were able to complete the work in the time I allotted abs always treat our customers fairly. I’m glad your happy and I’m able to help.

07/08/2020

Mary M.

Chimney tuck pointing and recapping.

Description of Work
The crew did a great job and were very friendly. The heat was horrible but they pushed through it. They made sure that everything was cleaned up when finished. They took pictures of the work for us because we can’t climb up on the roof. They made sure that we were completely satisfied with the project before leaving. We highly recommend Utmost !

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you for your review. We are glad to be a part of your beautiful restoration.

07/01/2020

Amanda J.

We had a variety of repairs needed to the exterior of our home in addition to having our house and deck repainted. Mark's team handled everything. They were professional and timely, and we are pleased with the quality of the work performed. We would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Chimney repair, masonry, wood repair, stucco repair, exterior house painting including deck.

Category decks, hauling services, masonry, chimney repair, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed working on the variety of projects around your beautiful home. We pride ourselves on coordinating a vast array of skills to deliver a full solution with a single provider. The needs of your home called on the majority of our services and we are thankful you are pleased with the results.

06/26/2020

MATTHEW F.

Utmost did a great job in getting my house back into shape! My home is ~27 years old and was at the point in time when repairs were needed. Chimney was failing (spalling of bricks, failing chimney shoulders and mortar), Cedar siding rot, and a couple of deck boards needing replaced. When looking for a company to complete my repairs, I always base my choice on a combination of price, quality and customer service. After getting 3 estimates from 3 highly rated companies, I chose Utmost due to fact they had the ability and skills to complete all the projects versus just the fireplace repair. Mark was timely in coming out for initial review, provided more than one solution to repairs with pro's and con's to each, and provided a written estimate in timely manner. The teams started and completed all work in committed timeframes even with additional work being required for back deck due to identifying additional rotted planking. Work performed included: 1) complete teardown, rebuilding and sealing of chimney 2) Replacement and painting of ~100ft of cedar siding, power washing, and sealing brick on front of house and 3) Replacement and painting of 4x6 deck flooring on back stoop. Teams were responsive and cleaned up after each days work. Thanks for the work Utmost. Mark - Hopefully I do not need you again, but if so I will definitely hire your company.....Thanks, Matt

Description of Work
Chimney Replacement, Cedar Siding Repair, Deck Repair and Painting

Category decks, siding, chimney repair, pressure washing, fireplaces

We really appreciate your kind and detailed review. We enjoy being a one-stop-shop to provide the total solution. That way we remain responsible for the entire project and their is no finger-pointing if their is an issue.

06/15/2020

Sonie D.

Utmost Renovations was definitely a pleasurable experience. Mark, Van, and their entire team was professional and always available to answer any questions. We are very pleased with the outcome of each project which included a new sidewalk, a brick retaining wall, repointing the original bricks on the house, exterior chimney repairs, new concrete front step, and resolved a concern regarding our garage apron. My husband and I appreciated each team member and a special thanks to Van. Van is a very valuable asset and is very knowledgeable. He was very thorough with explaining the process for each project. We aslo appreciated that he took the time to share his product knowledge which has been most helpful to us for other repairs being managed by my husband and I. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Masonry and concrete work

Category concrete repair, masonry, chimney repair, stucco, foundation repair

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed], for your kind review. We really enjoyed working on all of your projects. My son, Van, also enjoyed working directly with you. It is nice to see him receiving great accolades for his customer service and quality workmanship. Thank you for mentioning him.

06/14/2020

Donald O.

Work was done quickly, capably, and without any interruption to daily life.

Description of Work
General Chimney Repair

Category chimney repair

It was wonderful to help you fix your chimney. I'm glad to hear we didn't interrupt your work! Thank you for your kind words.

06/14/2020

RON & PAM N.

This company did a wonderful job. Very professional. Found matching bricks for our chimney that is over 40 years old. Can't even tell which ones they traded out. We have had many compliments about our chimney. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
We had some bricks that needed to be replaced that were crumbling.

Category chimney repair

We are glad we were able to perfectly match the bricks. Thank you for your trusting us with your home and for the kind review!

06/11/2020

Stephanie R.

Fantastic. Great, prompt and accurate communication and estimates from the owner. The on-site team completed their work in time estimated, were friendly, communicative and really great with explaining what they were doing. My chimneys had some missing brick and were dirty and the crowns were in pretty bad shape. I was really worried about additional damage and more extensive repairs. We got several quotes and really felt that Utmost Renovation seemed to be the most honest and understood what we were looking for. We got a quote from someone who thought they needed to be rebuilt - for 3x what Utmost quoted. I, no mason or expert but there was no way they were in that rough of shape. Utmost got the brick work patched and repaired - can’t see a difference with the 70 year old original brick ! - everything is cleaned, caulked, and sealed. I’m thrilled with the work, the team, and will have them out to do some other work in the future.

Description of Work
Chimney crown repair/replacement, patchwork on brick that had fallen off/ cleaning/ waterproof sealing.

Category masonry, chimney repair

[Member Name Removed], we really enjoyed working on your mid-century chimney; making sure it maintained it's historic value while assuring we renewed its structural value. Thank you for your trust in our recommendation. Your review is a perfect example of what sets us apart from the rest. Our masons are skilled artisans who take pride in the craftsmanship they've acquired over years of developing their skill. When companies do not possess this craftsmanship they resort to starting from scratch - tear it down and rebuild new. Although that is often an option, we like giving our customers the best option. Enjoy your restored chimney!

06/09/2020

Nick Z.

Chimney repair and patio stone wall repair

Description of Work
Excellent results. Conscientious about their work and the final result, which is harder and harder to find these days. Timely. Fair in price. Great communication regarding timeline and progress. I will have more work down the road and will be calling Mark and his crew again.

Category masonry, chimney repair, patios

You have a beautiful stone home! We always enjoy doing quality work on quality homes. Thank you for your kind review!

06/08/2020

Debra W.

Excellent service provided. The house looks great and continues to receive compliments from the neighbor.

Description of Work
Siding repair, exterior painting, interior flooring

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, siding, pressure washing, house painters

We always enjoy working with you [Member Name Removed]. You have a wonderful home and I really love the new color scheme.

06/08/2020

Taylor S.

Leaked and refused to fix it, damaged my roof and I had to file an insurance claim

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney repair

UPDATE: This matter is resolved. ORIGINAL: We are very sorry we haven't been able to come to amicable terms. Utmost Renovations always goes the extra mile to satisfy the needs of our customers. We have earned the Angie's List Super Service Award every year with an A+ rating for the last seven years. We have an A+ rating with DNB and BBB and nearly a 5 star rating on Google. Even when the cause of a claim is questionable, we do everything we possibly can to correct the issue. The man (your boyfriend/fiancé?) who hired Utmost to repair your chimney inspected the work when it was done and was very satisfied with the results. When you called us later to tell us we caused damage to your ceiling, we immediately sent a drywall professional with many years experience to fix the problem. He noticed that the ceiling had been skim coated by (seemingly) an amateur and was under the professional opinion that the cracks were older and due to structural compromises rather than traffic on the roof. Nevertheless, he repaired the cracks while enduring a barrage of insults, profanity and intense pressure to complete the job. Before it can be painted, joint compound needs time to dry. During this drying time, my technician decided it wasn’t safe for him to return to your home with just you in the house. He was willing to complete the project if the man who originally hired us was present. You weren’t agreeable to that arrangement so I have offered to pay for a third party painter to come and finish the work or to subtract the amount from the invoice. You have refused all our offers - hence the impasse. Since that time you have fabricated additional issues that you have had with your home and continue to blame us for its overall poor condition. We still hope we can resolve our differences. However, I am not willing to put my men in a situation in which they are not comfortable. Even if that means an unrealistic review for an excellent chimney repair.

04/14/2020

Sharon D.

Very professional and kept me informed of work being done.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category basement waterproofing, chimney repair

It was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for your wonderful review!

03/17/2020

Ric M.

Utmost did an excellent job and were very reliable and professional. I would hire them again for any masonry repair.

Description of Work
Fix broken bricks & waterproof

Category masonry, chimney repair

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your business.

03/01/2020

Karl W.

Went well. In time frame outlined. Higher priced then other offering, but was more knowledgeable of work being performed.

Description of Work
Garage ceiling stucco

Category stucco

Thank you for doing your homework prior to calling us. We always enjoy working with customers who know about the work being done and can spot quality.

Rogers Basement Waterproofing

We have been in business for over 46 years, Fixing wet basement problems since 1975. We are based out of Columbus, Ohio and have been delivering excellent service throughout these past 40 plus years. We have over 10,000 references available so you can be certain that you are getting the most for your money. The more you check us out the better chance we have of working for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our services or want to schedule a time for us to come out and provide you with a no cost/no obligation estimate. We employee 8 high quality, detail oriented people. Rogers does not use sub-contractors. We base the cost by the individual job. Additional contact: Paul Boeriu. Additional e-mail: info@rogersbasementwaterproofing.com.

2022 Super Service Award

Hydra Basement Waterproofing

Hydra provides honest and expert information on any basement or crawl space problem you may be experiencing. If a problem does not exist we will tell you, and if it does we will provide a fair estimate for repair. Our services include basement waterproofing, foundation repair with our very own patented "Smart Brace", and crawl space encapsulation. Veteran and family owned with no high pressure sales. Call two of our competitors, then call us, you'll see the difference.

B-Dry Basement Waterproofing Systems

Additional dba names - RDM Inc. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Exterior painting, stucco/EIFS (new and repairs), Masonry--mostly brick, stone and block repair work and historic restoration and tuckpointing, chimneys, stone work both new and old and stone repairs and patching, caulking/sealing windows, lintels, skylights, etc., waterproofing/water repellents, cleaning of masnory, some new concrete work such as sidewalks, porch stoops, steps, and lots of concrete repairs, structural repairs in basements and foundations, etc.

Interior Chimney liners, Chimney sweep or Interior Brick work