Pickerington Heating & Cooling

Pickerington, OH 43147

72 Months NO INTEREST...

01/12/2022

Reymundo Z.

They were very good, they did it very quick. They are reliable, great deal compared to other companies.

Description of Work
They installed my HVAC system and a heat pump.

12/21/2020

Mike R.

I bought a new furnace from them 9-3-19. When I bought it I was told that if I did yearly maintenance with them that there was a 10 year parts and labor warranty. They did not stand by this warranty. They charged me for a service call and said that was not covered under warranty. VERY DISHONEST. Less than 2 years in and I'm already having trouble with their furnace.

Description of Work
Furnace would not run

05/29/2020

Todd H.

Showed up on time. Fast and efficient service.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts

Category air duct cleaning

04/10/2020

John F.

During the AC tuneup & inspection, it was determined that the unit was devoid of freon. It was then determined that we had no other choice but to replace the unit. My wife and I researched various suppliers - Costco, Home Depot and Five Star. Unfortunately, none provided identical brands to compare on an "apple to apple" basis so we relied on Consumers Report to check manufacturers' reliability and Angie's List to check on seller/installer reliability. We accepted bids from companies that provided Lennox, Bryant, and Carrier units. Based upon the combination of reliability, price and installer reputation we settled on Five Star Heating and Cooling. Once the installation of the AC unit began, we subsequently discovered that the heat exchanger on the furnace was cracked. So besides needing a new AC unit, I also now needed a furnace. At that point, I knew that I was at their mercy to a certain extent. However, the price they quoted for the furnace seemed to be reasonable based upon a quick "google" search. My wife and I felt comfortable with the total combined price. We went from somewhat skeptical to comfortable in the transaction. No one likes to feel forced into a purchase. But that feeling quickly evaporated upon further scrutiny. Although we would have preferred to purchase the AC unit alone, both the AC and furnace were 13 years old and the furnace would probably need replacement in a year or two anyway, For the furnace, we upgraded to a two-stage, variable-speed blower with a higher efficiency rating than the builder's grade Trane that was replaced. Isaiah, Cody, David & Jeff were all involved at some point in the process. They were professional, knowledgeable and very easy to work with. Isaiah is largely the face to the customer. Cody and David were the installers and I believe Jeff is the quality control/supervisor. I have used Five Star in the past and I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
installation of new AC & Furnace

02/09/2020

brad L.

These guys have to be the most careless and incompetent hucksters in the business. It took them three visits to complete the install of our brand new furnace/air conditioning system. The first day they cut the compressor line before it was drained outside, which spewed hot oil and refrigerant all over our basement. It instantly ruined our brand new washer and dryer along with many other items. They left that night at 8 or 9 pm and told me it was completely safe for my family even though the intake line to the high efficiency furnace had not yet been installed. It doesn't take a physicist to know that is going to lead to reduced oxygen levels inside. When I did a more thorough inspection after they bailed, I finally saw the extent of the damage. This prompted me to call them the following morning to discuss the damages. Their sales goon told me I was overreacting and that I should file a claim through my appliance warranty. I told him it was their responsibility to replace them. He sent an appliance guy who instantly saw the obvious, that the washer and dryer were destroyed. When they returned to "complete" the installation, It took them an entire second day to wrap up. I also later realized the oil spill had leaked into my electric breaker panel. Oil still seeps out between some of the breakers. Where I live, building permit inspections are required. When the inspector came the first time, he failed them because they hadn't insulated or sealed the entry point of the line set, and had not sealed any of the joints on the plenum, duct work or return. Their "installation manager" (pretty sure he was not a manager of anything) came next to fix those neglectful errors, after having refused to even allow me to speak to a manager previously (I left messages for them, but they were never returned). It took them another six hours or so to fix the issues listed on the inspection form. Recently it got pretty cold out and I kept wondering why the humidifier was not keeping the humidity consistent in our home. When I got to poking to trouble shoot I quickly realized it was because "five star" is so under-qualified to do this work, they were incapable of properly installing a simple saddle valve that feeds the water to the humidifier. I gave it a firm twist to tap the pipe and I was able to correct it (I am NOT an HVAC guy, buy the way, just an informed property owner). I do not recommend "five star". They did ultimately compensate us for the washer and dryer, but we had too spend hundreds more on replacing floor tiles and bath towels too. Five star, and pickerington heating and cooling, are highly unprofessional, neglectful and untrustworthy. I wouldn't wish their horrendous service on my worst enemy.

Description of Work
full system install

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Every review we receive generates the opportunity for us to analyze and improve. In this situation, there are areas for improvement. We understand that we are not a perfect company, but we strive to handle imperfect situations perfectly. With that being said, we feel strongly that we have addressed each issue you brought to our attention with that attitude. The compressor line was cut incorrectly. Upon reviewing this error made by our employee, he was released from our company. Due to the oil leak we did not only provide the funds to buy a new washer and dryer, but we gave you an additional $300. The washer/dryer combo at Home Depot were priced at $1,200 and the amount you agreed to was $1,500. Until this review there was no mention of oil in your breaker box, ruined towels, or ruined floor tiles. As you know from your experience with us, we are happy to discuss this further and make it right. However, upon calling you yesterday this opportunity was not given to us. After the inspection, there were some areas that needed addressed and within 24 hours our Installation Manager, who has 24 years of experience in the HVAC industry, was at your home to remedy these issues. This occurred on January 14th. Upon leaving your home all issues were remedied. Unfortunately, we were not made aware of your humidifier concerns between January 14th and February 8th when you left your review. Our goal is to provide Five Star Service to every customer. We currently have 1,768 Google reviews with an average rating of 4.9 rating. We also have 803 Angie’s List reviews with 95% of these reviews being A ratings (712) and B ratings (54). We are more than happy to talk further and turn your experience into a Five Star Experience.

01/24/2020

Roger P.

It was fine, they did a good job, they were prompt and completed it on time.

Description of Work
They out in a anew furnace and air conditioning.

01/17/2020

David B.

Excellent, they called to let us know that they were on their way. Professionally friendly and helpful when explaining what they were doing. Gave tips on how to keep the system running smoothly.

Description of Work
PM on furnace

01/13/2020

David B.

The heating and coiling systems were installed in April and during the summer months there needed to be a few adjustments to the system. The Company has an outstanding Quality Control Unit that establishes outstanding quality control standards. Their installation team and their General Manger Charles Wolfe make sure the customer is totally satisfied with both the equipment and services. We would strongly recommend this company for any future installations and/or replacements of HVAC Units in the Columbus area. The company is expanded for all the right reasons they are a Five Star Company when it comes to heating and cooling.

Description of Work
Replace the heating and coiling system

01/09/2020

CONNIE D.

The technician was friendly and helpful. Answered all our questions. Cleaned up when the job was finished.

Description of Work
Humidifier installation

11/02/2019

ROBERT M.

Excellent. No problems scheduling and the tech was punctual and very professional. He explained what he was doing and did not mind me observing - very friendly. I very much appreciated that the work order and inspection results were printed so I could read it clearly (and not a carbon copy where it is hard to read or the writing is not legible.) The price was very reasonable - I had a coupon for $64.

Description of Work
Furnace winter tuneup

11/02/2019

Carol K.

Good company. The technicians were very professional and pleasant. They did an excellent job. Scheduling was easy; they were able to get someone out the next day to install a new thermostat I purchased. I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Yearly furnace inspection, installed new thermostat

10/23/2019

carla D.

The service technician was very professional and thorough in his work. The price for a furnace tune-up is reasonable. I recommend this company for furnace or air conditioner service.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

10/21/2019

Annette P.

They were great. We've used them all the time. They were very professional with a very reasonably price.

Description of Work
They did a checkup and repair to our heating and air conditioning unit.a

05/13/2019

Phil V.

Work performed quickly and professionally

Description of Work
AC tune up

04/23/2019

SANDRA F.

Everything went as expected. Arrived early and completed tune up in about 45 min. Technician was respectful and professional.

Description of Work
Pre-Season tune up of AC

04/04/2019

Heath H.

Corey was a great tech! Did a good job on my spring tune up. Cleaned up my outdoor unit. Have a complete HVAC system installed and maintained by Pickerington Heating and Cooling. They have been great every step of the way! Brett the owner really cares about his customers and his workers!

Description of Work
Spring HVAC tune up

03/11/2019

Robert O.

We had a problem with the humidifier connected to our furnace not working. We had an appointment, the technician called and ask if he could arrive early. Once on site the technician was able to diagnose the problem, he had the needed part of the truck. The part was installed in an efficient and professional manner. He kept me informed and told me the cost of the part and service call before he installed the part. Excellent service, excellent technical knowledge, and very professional.

Description of Work
repaired humidifier connected to our furnace

03/10/2019

Kevin B.

I understand companies have to make money But five minutes of looking for the problem and two pieces of tape fix the problem ( which I acknowledge to fix it with tape was OK ) cost me 60 bucks . Which I thought was a little unfair. The technician was very knowledgeable. I am not for sure if I would hire this company again (Cusotmer complaint of “rumbling” noise coming from furnace area, found plastic sight glass piece vibrating on cumbustion box, causing a racket, was able to resolve issue with Hvac tape, not covering sight glass entirely, cusotmer ok with that, No other noises detected at this time, all good. Subtotal $59.00)

Description of Work
Furnace was making a noise

03/08/2019

Pamela P.

Ben and Chris called first and then arrived promptly. They were courteous, friendly, took time to explain everything, and did a great job for a reasonable price. I don't bother calling anyone else any more, I always call Pickerington Heating and Cooling for any HVAC problems.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection, tune up, duct cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

03/05/2019

Wenda W.

Knowledgeable, professional; good company. Hard to find these days.

Description of Work
Repair AC, install new furnace

02/27/2019

Bill K.

We had a good experience with the sales person, they are super responsive if you call and excellent with customer service in general. The quality of work for the install was our issue. We had to have them come back out 2nd time after inspection to fix a drainage issue. Then when I went to change the filter, I could not get the filter they put in out with out ripping it up and could not get a new filter in. I found that they had several screws blocking where the filter would go. We had a tech come out a third time. He removed the screws in the front blocking where the filter would go. However he still could not get the filter in all the way as there was also a blockage in the back. He then told my wife we had the wrong filters and should buy 16x20x1 filters instead of 16x25x1 filters since he could not push the filter all the way in. The opening to cover with the filter is 25 inches long NOT 20 inches. So basically the technicians advice was to run our new furnace going forward with a 20 inch filter blocking a 25 inch opening. We called the company and cancelled our Free service agreement as we plan to go back to the more expensive company with more knowledgeable technicians.

Description of Work
New Furnace Installed

02/04/2019

DAVID Z.

I have an over 30 year gas furnace in my house. The service men Ben and James arrived on time and performed tests and found that my furnace needed replaced. I have scheduled a appointment for the replacement of the furnace. The paid for the discounted service charge of $59.00 through Angie's List.

Description of Work
Pilot Light kept going out.

01/28/2019

Mike R.

Seems to be very honest. Correctly identified the problem. Two other companies failed to do so. Cory was my Tech.

Description of Work
Inductor Motor Replaced, Blower and Vents Cleaned

01/10/2019

Jane O.

The Service Manager of the Five Star Heating and Cooling Group correctly diagnosed an issue previously misdiagnosed by a technician from another company. At my request, I was supplied with a reasonable mitigation and a very reasonable estimate to replace my furnace. In short the Service Manager of this group within Pickerington knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of furnace issue

01/08/2019

Peter L.

All in all I've been pleased with the company and will continue to do business with them. We've had some repair work done and they installed a new air conditioner. They told me that in order for the warranty to be valid on my A/C I had to sign up for their annual service plan (around $160 I think?) to have the unit serviced and kept in working order. We had some significant challenges understanding this and then communicating to get the services done. However, they've probably been to my house 5 or 6 times and I've been pleased every time so I will continue to do business with them.

Description of Work
Installed new A/C and maintenance upkeep plan

Water Heaters Now, Inc.

Water Heaters Now! WHN WE SPECIALIZE IN REPLACING WATER HEATERS THE SAME DAY WHILE REPAIRING WHENEVER POSSIBLE. WHN offers Rheem water heater tanks but deals in all major brands of tank style water heaters. We are also a Rinnai TANKLESS dealer. WHN is locally owned and operated. WHN has been in the water heater repair and replacement business for over 15 years. We offer free estimates usually within 15 minutes. If you order by 2 PM, your water heater will be replaced the same day. Call, text, or email for a free quote within 15 minutes.

The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains

Here at The Rooter Works, we strive to abide by our mission statement "quality plumbing, at a fair price". Wether you have a leaky faucet, clogged drain or plumbing nightmare. The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains is your one stop plumbing shop!

The Eco Plumbers & Drains

Whatever the task, large or small, our focus at The Eco Plumbers is on sustainability and craftsmanship in both materials and installation. Our goal is to help you explore your options, so that you can balance functionality, environmental friendliness, and price for your project. No matter what you decide, we'll employ our knowledge and experience to better suit you, your wallet and our environment. We are committed to prompt, professional and on-time service! For efficiency and quality, go with the local company that thinks globally. For more information visit: ecoplumbers.com

Offers by The Eco Plumbers & Drains on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

We service all brands of gas furnaces, electric furnaces, propane furnaces, oil furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, mini-splits, humidifiers, air cleaners, humidifiers, UV lights, heat recovery ventilators, zone systems, dehumidifers, residential, commercial. Heating Contractor, Cooling Contractor, HVAC Contractor, We service Trane, American Standard, Carrier, Bryant, Tempstar, Comfortmaker, Lennox, Armstrong, York, Janitrol, Rheem, Ruud, Coleman, Amana, Goodman, Aprilaire and all others.

Boilers.