COMO Landscapes

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2009

PO Box 758

Pickerington, OH 43147

Additional DBAs - Central Ohio Maintenance Organization Inc, COMO Inc. Additional phone - (614) 830-2666.

08/03/2017

Michael T.

Overall well. Work performed as promised. I used the this service last year as well.

Description of Work
I had a spring clean up performed on the shrubs, with trimming, edging, and mulching.

03/14/2017

STEVEN W.

I am happy with the results. They did a good job of mixing in new pavers with the existing weathered pavers, so that it doesn't look like something was added on 10 years later. Their price was better than other companies that gave me estimates. Rob is a very personable guy. He listened to what I wanted, and provided suggestions. There were a couple adjustments that were needed afterward, and they were quick to get them done.

Description of Work
widen existing paver walkway

Category hardscaping

12/21/2016

David C.

Haven't had to use them yet.

Description of Work
Snow Removal.

Category snow removal

05/18/2016

Candace R.

They came out to do the work without notice and did not do it to my expectations. The area was not graded or leveled at all. The 4-5 cu yards of dirt was not nearly enough to properly fill the area. There is still a depression in the yard and some low spots were not filled. I called yesterday when I got home and told Danielle I was not happy to see they had came out without notifying me as I wanted to be home for the job. She said she just found out that morning that they were coming out and it was too late to call me. Little does she know I could've easily left work and came home! Wow I love when people make assumptions. She was going to have someone call me back. I did not get a call. I called again today around 11am and left a message. Still no call back. My husband happened to be home and said that two young men did the work. They did ask him if there is anything else he wanted before they seeded and he asked them to break up the large clumps of dirt (this doesn't look like it was done). In addition they left without asking him if he was happy (not that this would matter much since I am the one who requested the work and have been in contact with them, my husband was not aware of the details of my request or what my expectations were). My guess is the men have no actual landscaping knowledge because what work they did will not leave me with a renovated lawn as I had wanted. I was given no aftercare instructions (should I be watering this?) and was not called when the work was completed, I had to call them. If you have low standards this is the company for you.

Description of Work
Front Yard Add approximately 4-5 yards of topsoil to low spots Spread seed over graded area and cover with straw

02/18/2016

DANIEL M.

Their price was a little high, but the service was good. It took them a little while to get out here. They did good work.

Description of Work
COMO Landscapes did basic mulching, topsoil, and landscape work.

Category landscaping, mulch

12/25/2015

Pamela I.

Description of Work
tree trim

Category mulch, tree service, hardscaping

12/04/2015

Mary G.

Description of Work
The Date of Service was Dec 4, 2015

08/16/2015

Kimberly P.

I was contacted for an appointment time so that the rep could review the work to be done and provide quote. Another appt was scheduled to do the actual work. All transactions were prompt and professional. The work was executed and my yard was left in good shape afterwards. (The work was done summer 2014 and I am not sure of the exact date).

Description of Work
Removed large dirt pile and 3 raised garden beds.

Category lawn service, mulch

06/24/2015

Penny B.

COMO is awesome. The office staff is always so polite and responsive and the work is always meets or exceeds expectations.

Description of Work
They provide landscaping, yard clean up and snow removal for us. The latest is spring cleanup of the flower beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, snow removal

03/18/2015

LESLIE K.

Description of Work
We used COMO Landscapes to spread mulch in the yard.

02/12/2015

Mary G.

I have been using them for 3 years. They take care of everything. They make it easy and they stand behind their work.

Description of Work
They do my fertilization, weed care, and they have aerated and re-seeded my grass.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

08/20/2014

Dawn B.

From start to finish this company amazed us. After three long years of quote after quote we found who we were looking for right around the corner from us. We had a detached 2 car garage that was going unused becuase the driveway that had been there when the house was built in 1959 had long since disappeared. We had quotes as high as 6000 come in. For a secondary, gravel driveway, we just couldnt justify that cost. Then came Robert with COMO. He was pleasant. Explained things in detail to us. Was completely friendly and gave us ideas we didnt know we had. They arrived as scheduled. The job took as long as they expected. Robert answered every single concern my husband and I had (What can I say, we had some OCD/Anxiety going on!) and he took it in stride. The final bill and the original quote were right on par. A plus in my book due to another recent issue with another contractor. There were absolutely NO SURPRISES here. We now have a lovely driveway using recycled concrete. Next year we will put a layer of gravel on top but for now, it looks great. Will have COMO back in the future to work on some other landscaping projects .

Description of Work
Put in a very long driveway (Gravel)

07/04/2014

Penny B.

The team did an awesome job! Have used for other things as well and they never disappoint. They pruned shrubs, pulled weeds, trimmed out beds and tree rings so clean and sharp and then mulched with high quality materials. Have had another local greenhouse do the job before and the mulch was horrid and had weeds again in a week....not this year. They are our go to company! Vicki in the office is always responsive and kind!+

Description of Work
Complete flower bed cleanup and mulch.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

04/03/2014

Catherine R.

While I did not contract work from COMO, my experience with them was a pleasant one. They are very professional and responsive. They have friendly service and are very responsive to the needs of the customer. I would recommend this company to anyone interested.

Description of Work
I contacted COMO to get an estimate on yard clean up and maintenance.

Category lawn service, mulch

02/20/2014

Barbara J.

They were great. They came on time, they were here when they said they would be here, they did exactly the work that I asked them to do, there were no surprises or problems, and it gone done in the time they said it would get done. It was a little expensive then if I did it, but I didn't want to do it. I am probably going to use them again in the spring for a fire pit area in my back yard.

Description of Work
We used COMO Landscapes. They built a sidewalk, from my driveway to my front porch.

Category hardscaping

10/28/2013

Donna M.

They were very good at what they did.

Description of Work
They did mulching for us, they cleaned our hill and then mulched it as well.

05/30/2013

Judy W.

Central Ohio Maintenance Org The last time I used them was ten day ago. The owner has been going out and doing it on Sundays himself. You can't ask for better than that. I can depend it's always done. I don't have to check to see if he's been there. He is very responsive. His demeanor and customer service is very good.

Description of Work
Central Ohio Maintenance Org is my landscaper.

Category landscaping, lawn service

07/01/2010

Reba J.

We used them last year for the back yard, and used them this year for the front yard (see our other report on AL). Happy again. Same great experience and responsiveness from COMO.

Description of Work
1 new bed installed; 1 very small bed was expanded to be a very large raised bed; plants and bushes were planted, new mulch put down, also general clean up of existing beds was done as well as mulch and general trimming done too.

Category landscaping

Member, Thank you so much for you kind words. Referrals like yours are what keep us in business. Have a great day! ~Como Landscapes

07/13/2009

Reba J.

I don't usually get only one quote for hired contractors, but (1) I was having difficulty getting other quotes (and getting no-cost quotes), and (2) I was impressed with Bob and prior work he did for a friend's house. This was a good experience. Bob responded to what I needed (privacy/screening, low maintenance, etc.) and after he put together a write up, told me to let him know what didn't fit into my budget. I modified the plans according to my budget and got what I needed. Very happy with the results. Responsiveness was excellent; phone was always answered at the office and if Bob wasn't available himself then he called me back within hours. Workers showed up on time and kept me informed of when to expect them to start the work and were right on with that estimate of time. The 2 guys who did the work were very nice, professional and asked me any questions they had along the way (I was home all day during the 2 days they were here working). We will have them back next year to put one more bed in back/side yard that Bob recommended and also landscape the front yard.

Description of Work
Landscaping for backyard: created 3 new beds, added topsoil, planted the new bushes/trees, and put in the mulch.

Category landscaping

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

Good Nature Organic Lawn Care - Columbus

If you're looking to have a healthy, well-maintained lawn and landscape, but don't want to resort to using harmful chemicals, we can help. Since our founding in 1999, our organic experts have been using natural, plant-based products to provide our clients with Organic Lawn Care, Organic Tree & Shrub Care and Organic Pest Solutions. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your yard is safe for your family, pets and our environment. Central Ohio homeowners in Columbus, Dublin, Westerville, Worthington, New Albany, Bexley and more, can turn to Good Nature Organic Lawn Care in Columbus to keep your yard beautiful, naturally. GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY www.whygoodnature.com/get-quote.

LDF Outdoor Lighting

Since 2004 I have been designing and installing low voltage outdoor lighting systems for residential clients. Unlike our competition, we are not a division of a larger landscape company, and we are not a national franchise. This means our only focus is on outdoor lighting and our creativity and flexibility is not beholden to a particular product line or business model. As owner, I work on every job we install and take pride and ownership in each one. We vow to make the night the most beautiful and inviting time to enjoy your outdoor home.

Offers by LDF Outdoor Lighting on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Grounds keeping, mowing, trimming, edging, mulching, tree & shrub pruning, shaping & fertilization, aeration, fertilization, flower installation & maintenance, weed control, landscaping design & installation, seed, sod, grading & hydro-seeding, fence & decks, paver patios, snow removal, spring & fall clean-up.