Cruikshank Plumbing Co

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 1997

10723 Hazelton Etna Rd SW

Pataskala, OH 43062

Cruikshank Enterprises, Inc DBA Cruikshank Plumbing, was founded and incorporated in 1993 by principals Mark and Verna Cruikshank. For commercial new construction and remodeling needs, we provide plumbing expertise of the highest standard. Our commitment to quality is the reason why so many general contractors prefer our company and utilize our services job after job. Experience: Our seasoned project managers provide our company with over 68 years of combined job management experience in both new and remodel construction. Training is top priority at Cruikshank Plumbing. In addition to a Journeyman’s license, all project managers are trained through and have graduated from the Associated Plumbing and Hydronics Contractors (APHC) Apprenticeship Program, of which Cruikshank Plumbing has been a member since inception. We currently employ 10 people, including principals, and are located in Pataskala, Ohio, just 15 miles east of Columbus. We pride our company on providing our employees with outstanding benefits and a quality work environment. Our diversified staff enables us to meet the plumbing needs of the Central Ohio area. Our safety record speaks for itself. Our company safety management programs have enabled us to provide our employees and clients with a safe, clean, drug-free work environment. We have never had lost time injury. We are currently a member of the Better Business Bureau, The Builder’s Exchange and the APHC Apprenticeship Program and hold a clean record with Dun and Bradstreet. Our commitment to quality and our ability to complete a job on a timely manner has enabled us to develop a reputation for excellence in the plumbing field. Our desire to provide ongoing warranty to maintenance is accomplished through our competent service team with over 17 years of experience in commercial, industrial and residential service work. Additional DBA - Cruikshank Enterprises Inc. Additional contact name - Verna Cruikshank....

07/01/2021

Sheri L.

Showed up on time. Replace 70+ year old leaking cast iron waste pipe with pvc and new cleanout. Did an excellent job. Couldn't be happier. Less expensive than any other estimate. No subs.

Description of Work
Main sewer stack in basement replaced

Category excavators, plumbing

03/14/2020

Warren H.

Very well. Deven came over to look over our current system, talk with me about what we wanted, get a sample of water for testing, etc. once he had those results he made recommendations for a water softening system for our house. He promptly sent an estimate for the softener system, heat pump/hybrid water heater, and a more robust sump pump that we had before. I thought it would take a couple of weeks to get them out to install everything but they came out the next week. The install crew was great. Very knowledgeable, worked hard and got it all installed in one day. The iron filter leaked during testing so they had to get another one that they installed the following Monday morning. I appreciate that they were straightforward about the need to swap out an iron filter that was just not working the way it was suppose to. All in all it was a pleasure from start to finish and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Needed new water softener, water heater, sump pump.

Category water heater repair, water softeners, wells

07/23/2018

Edward F.

Installation crew arrived at 9:00 AM and the installation went smooth. The new unit was up and running and everything was cleaned up by 4:00 PM.

Description of Work
Install new water heater (tankless) and remove old water heater.

02/20/2018

Patricia H.

Our sump pump died during the night on a Friday. We got all the water out on Saturday and called Cruikshank Plumbing Co. Sunday morning, they were closed but had a number to call for emergencies, called left a message. Michael called me back with in 3 minutes! What a great guy, explained all the costs on the phone, I explained that we had purchased our own new sump pump and he asked me a few questions and said he would be there in an hour to install - he was at our house within 45 minutes! So professional and courteous, he explained everything he did. Highly Recommend Cruikshank Plumbing Co and Michael.

Description of Work
New Sump Pump installed

12/06/2017

Maggie D.

Excellent, honest communication and fast, efficient service.

Description of Work
Maintenance of water purification system and consult for possible whole-house water conditioning system.

Category plumbing, water softeners

09/27/2017

Julie E.

They actually stayed until the job was finished. The communication was perfect. I used them instead of another company because they are local.

Description of Work
They did some work on my water heater.

09/14/2017

TIMOTHY W.

Deven came to our house to look at the job. We walked him through the house and showed him the item we needing attention. About a weekend a half later, he emailed a detailed estimate which included all work we discussed. They came and completed all work except the Master shower valve as it was completely shot from corrosion. They couldn't service the master shower valve so it had to be replaced requiring an additional visit. He sent us another detailed estimate about a week later for the master shower valve and an additional sink fixture which we added. We scheduled an another date to complete the work. All work was completed with satisfaction. Technicians were polite, courteous, professional, timely and very skilled. They arrived and worked steady until finished. These guys are good. All work was top notch. I will hire them again as needed.

Description of Work
Cruikshank gave our house a plumbing overhaul. They installed a water softener (Watts 30k) , a hot water tank (Rheem 50 Gal Professional), all new bathroom sink fixtures (supplied by us) and they replaced all the water valves. They also replaced the shower valve assembly in the master shower as it was completely corroded and could not be serviced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

08/07/2017

Greg R.

Great, it was done on time and good quality.

Description of Work
Putting in gas line for a gas stove.

07/31/2017

Bobbie M.

Wonderful, very professional and explained everything he was doing and why.

Description of Work
Busted pipe.

07/25/2017

JUDITH A.

They were extremely nice. They were respectable and pleasant.

Description of Work
They drained hot water tank and flushed it as well.

Category water heater repair

07/25/2017

JUDITH A.

I thought it was pricey but they had to do a few things and things are higher now so. I have used the for several years.

Description of Work
They did some bathroom work and so plumbing.

07/15/2017

Matt M.

They didn't charge me because it was a callback. They were probably on time. Two people came out to complete the service, but one of them was in training. There was only one who was doing the work. They didn't do any work. They said if the faucet was still leaking there wasn't more they could do because they had done everything they could.

Description of Work
It was a callback for a leaky faucet that they had put in.

03/20/2017

Leslie S.

It was perfect. They were on time, considerate, it was just great in every regard.

Description of Work
They installed a heat pump, electric water heater and removed the old water heater.

02/20/2017

Mike B.

Excellent! Deven is fantastic to work with. This is our second project working with CPC and they are great. Deven sets realistic expectations and walks you through every aspect of the job. We had the pleasure of working with Mike on this job and he was great. Mike was a true craftsman and takes great pride in his work. They're punctual, professional, and exceed expectations. I couldn't say enough good things about CPC. I've recommended them to a few of my friends for other jobs and they result has been the same. Whether you're doing a small project or a major remodel you can count on CPC.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel - moved all of our 2nd floor plumbing into our floor joist and had to put in a new main stack. Installation of new sinks, faucets and reset of toilets.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, home remodeling

12/20/2016

CAROLE H.

The job was done professionally and we are confident that we will not have any further problems with this drip!

Description of Work
We had a small leak in a rather unreachable location. After discussing out options we agreed to have the wall opened up to give the plumber full access to the pipe that was leaking and fix it RIGHT!

09/27/2016

STELLA G.

They came on time , did a great job and cleaned up after. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Leaking toilet

09/13/2016

Tonja M.

Although this was a plumbing/minor remolding project by choice, it still can be a tense experience. Everyone we spoke with at Cruikshank made this a wonderful experience. Excellent customer service from my initial call, through the process to get a quote, all the way through completion of the job. Devon came to our home to review the job and provided the estimate a few days later. While at the house, he gave us great suggestions for items such as about our shower flange that butted right up to the edge of the tile (since our new one was going to be much larger we needed options other than cutting the tile) and he got us up to speed on the latest toilets (which might be a future project). After we signed the contract (which provided great detail on the work, how any refund would be calculated if they didn't use the full time quoted, etc.), Cruikshank ordered the fixtures we selected for us as part of the job. I am so glad we did this; it was one less thing for us to deal with and they coordinated the full job and ensured all parts were in before scheduling. Throughout the process, Cruikshank stayed in contact with me updates on the order. Once the parts were in, I scheduled a week or so later than possible because of my job and there was no pressure from Cruikshank to go with the "earliest" date possible. Randy was the main person that worked the install. I can not say enough about his professionalism and respect for my home. Randy was on time each day, was neat and clean during his work, and was a pleasure to chat with periodically throughout the 3 days. He even tolerated a miniature poodle checking in on his work periodically. My tub access panel seemed to be permanently affixed and Randy took his time to take it off so it could be reused instead of just cutting it off. This is just one example of the care he took. Michael also came on one day to help ensure the job finished on time and installed most of the towel bars - exactly where I requested them to be. He was swift and efficient in his work. I received two or three quotes. Cruikshank was not the cheapest, but I just had a feeling they would do great work and they did. We also had a minor adjustment needed and Cruikshank warranties their work for a year. When I called they were just as responsive before I paid them and they promptly addressed the matter. This is where it paid off to have Cruikshank order the fixtures because they dealt directly with the manufacture and got the replacement part in and came back to install it - just as timely and professional as they did on the original install. Another example of excellent customer service. My husband and I are very pleased with the transformation of our four bathrooms (2 full, 2 half) and glad we made the choice to go with Cruikshank! We think they will now be our plumbers of choice for any future needs. Note: Cost of service amount provided does not include cost of fixtures.

Description of Work
We have a fairly new build house and did not have the builder install any towel bars/toilet paper holders, so we needed those and we wanted to replace all of the bathroom fixtures from the builder grade chrome fixtures to match the shower enclosure, light fixtures and door knobs that we had in oil rubbed bronze. We didn't like the selection of fixtures in oil rubbed bronze from the builder so we waited until afterwards to change them. Job included replacement of 6 faucets, replacement of all tub/shower combo fixtures and trim, replacement of stand alone shower trim/fixtures, stand alone tub fixtures/trim, changing valve on separate tub and installing new deck mount hand shower, installing 6 towel bars, 2 towel rings, 4 toilet paper holders and a shower rod.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback, good or bad, but the goods ones really make us smile. Thanks again.

08/15/2016

Mike B.

Devon came out to our house to give us an estimate and was extremely professional. He walked me through all aspects of the job and provided an accurate estimate. We had the opportunity to utilize CPC for our wet bar and we couldn't be happier with the work performed. The two plumbers showed up on time and got right down to work. They were professional, timely, and explained the process as they worked through everything. Our bar looks great and we have had no problems to date with the work performed.

Description of Work
Wet bar addition

08/10/2016

JUSTINE R.

We were very pleased with the job that Michael did. He arrived on time; got right to work; and worked steadily, pausing only if we needed an explanation about something (e.g., we need to turn the inside control for the outside faucet in a different direction before wintertime). Michael was very knowledgeable and personable--a real pleasure to have around. We have already called Cruikshank and requested that Michael be scheduled for some additional work that we need to have done in the near future. If Michael is any indication of the quality of Cruikshank's employees, I highly recommend Cruikshank!

Description of Work
Various jobs: replace parts for toilet that wouldn't fill or flush; replace garbage disposal; install new kitchen faucet and soap dispenser; run water line using copper pipe and install new RO water dispenser at kitchen sink; replace outside faucet; etc.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

08/03/2016

michael B.

Mike was the plumber that came out and he was on time, polite and helpful with any questions I had. The installation took about 2 hours and the quote that I was given over the phone was pretty accurate.

Description of Work
Battery backup sump pump installation

07/28/2016

Kemp R.

The customer service was very friendly and informative. The plumber (Mike) did an excellent job replacing our 2 water heaters that were almost 11 years old. Our old gas water heater developed a leak. I also decided to have our electric water heater replaced at the same time since it was the same age. They did not pressure me to do that, but I thought it would be best to have it all done at the same time. Mike finished the job in about 5 hours which was very quick considering he did not have any assistance. We now have 2 new Rheem 50-gallon water heaters (one electric) (one gas). I will definitely call on Cruikshank Plumbing for my future plumbing repairs.

Description of Work
Replaced one gas water heater and one electric water heater.

07/22/2016

Leo K.

They were pretty quick and on-time. The quote seemed to be a little high, but the water tank itself seems to be high priced.

Description of Work
Cruikshank Plumbing Co gave me a quote for plumbing for the installation of a gas water heater in a closet and remove the old electric water heater.

05/30/2016

Kate K.

Mike was awesome!!! We had an incident and needed a plumber ASAP. He showed up within the time frame that the receptionist lady (whom was very friendly and understanding!) had given me. He was able to fix the problem in 15 mins and only charged me for that 15 minute increment, instead of charging a full hour like most plumbers do. It was wayyyy cheaper than expected and everything is working great! Looking forward to using them again when we do some bathroom updates! I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Fix toilet drain.

04/08/2016

Brian and Cathie B.

Cruikshank Plumbing scheduled and was out in a timely fashion. They would call me and advise me of how the schedule was proceeding the day that they were due there. Once arrived it was determined that I needed additional hardware that needed ordered. They ordered it and advised when it came in and received the same treatment for the first visit. They were very polite and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them and will consider them my go to plumber when/if I ever need additional work.

Description of Work
We moved into a brand new house and the design center talked us into not upgrading our faucet hardware but to do it on our own. Found out that the type of change out could only be done by a plumber. It would have been cheaper to go the other route but on with our review.

04/06/2016

Kathleen D.

They responded to my email inquiry on a Sunday night. AWESOME! We traded emails on Sunday, and scheduled the site visit (free) for Monday. Devon showed up on time, in a great mood and was extremely knowledgeable. He took a lot of time to walk me through the entire process for installing and using a tankless water heater. He was courteous, smart, polite, wore shoe covers in my home and treated me like a normal person. SO REFRESHING. Ultimately, we chose to have a standard water heater installed by our primary plumber, but if that company (who we know well) had not responded equally quickly, we would have absolutely used Cruikshank Plumbing. Next time we need a plumber, we will call them.

Description of Work
Advised me on various options to replace a hot water heater.