Permanent Floors Carpet One

Founded 1947 • With Angi since July 2009

5620 Ridge Rd

Parma, OH 44129

You'll Love Your Carpet One Floor or We'll Replace it for FREE! Since 1947 our family has been flooring northeast Ohio. We provide and install every type of flooring imaginable. All of our installers are seasoned installation technician who have worked for us anywhere from 15 to 35 years. Whether you are looking for Carpet, Vinyl, Ceramic & Stone Tile, Laminate, Wood, or Wood Refinishing, Permanent Carpet One is the one store for your perfect floor. Revitalize your home with a new custom tile shower in your bathroom, a kitchen backsplash, or living room carpet that is as soft as silk. Let our designers help you convert your home into your dream home. With products from Armstrong, Bruce, Dal Tile, Shaw, Mohawk and Karastan our design staff can help you find the ideal compromise between beauty and durability. We are just 1 mile south of I-480 in Parma, OH. Come on by for a visit! Special Financing is Available. We believe so strongly in our service that we will warranty our workmanship for up to 5 years! Since we've been perfecting our customer service for 65 years, we aim keep our promise....

12/24/2020

Val W.

John did an excellent job in measuring my flooring. The material I choose for my flooring was of the utmost superior quality. The two gentlemen installers were very professional and did an AWESOME job and they arrived the time they said they would. I would definitely be using them again in the future for flooring in my bedrooms. I highly recommend this company!!

Description of Work
New Kitchen Flooring and the steps going down to the basement.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

10/06/2020

John V.

Very well...First, Dave was very precise in estimating what had to be done over the phone. Nick was very experienced and knowledgeable.. and due to a cancellation, he was out the next day. Even drove out to Mentor. Other companies didn’t want to take on this smaller job. Much appreciated!!!

Description of Work
BR carpet stretched

Category carpet installation, asbestos removal

08/03/2020

Melissa F.

From day one this company was great! Barb was wonderful in selecting the flooring, John was great in measuring the job. The 2 men who installed the floors were very kind and professional and did a remarkable job -- the helped get my cat out of the air duct after she went down a vent while they were working! I LOVE my new floors and will definitely be using them again in the near future to replace the floors in my kitchen and mudroom!

Description of Work
Vinyl flooring put into entryway, hallway, half bath, living room, and dining room

Category hardwood floor, asbestos removal

Thanks for the review and for your business! So glad they were able to help with the cat!

03/17/2020

Richard D.

Great job and quick service. All work completed in one day. They did a beautiful job. Shelly was very nice to deal with at the store. Would buy from them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thanks so much for your business! So glad you liked the floor! Shelly

08/21/2019

Jim H.

The folks at Permanent Floors Carpet One did an excellent job helping me finish a flooring project in my kitchen and selecting and installing indoor/outdoor carpeting in my sun room. They helped with some finishing touches in my kitchen, when I became dissatisfied with another provider and helped me make the right choice for the carpet in our sun room. They helped us make the right choice, communicated well and delivered on-time - as promised and everything looks great. Their salesman Denis lives nearby and came out a few times to make sure everything went according to plan! We would certainly recommend and use Permanent Floor Carpet One again in the future.

Description of Work
Carpeting for sun room and molding in kitchen

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you so much For taking the time to review our company online. And thank you again for your business. We are so happy that you had a great experience!

03/12/2019

Barb K.

Permanent floors is well organized. This is the second time I have contracted them for flooring in the last three years. Work was done timely with cleanup each day when completed. Technicians were friendly and watched out for my dogs. They educated me on many aspects of flooring instillation. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New flooring in a family room and dinin room

Category flooring contractor

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the nice review! The guys that installed your floor, Jimmy and Al, have been employees of Permanent Floors for over 30 years! They are a wealth of knowledge for all of us here too. You can't be in business as long as we have without great repeat customers like you and without having smart, conscientious employees/technicians like Jimmy and Al. We hope you enjoy your new vinyl floor for years to come! Thanks, Shelly

01/11/2019

Eva B.

I have used Permanent Floors several times already in the past, and have always been very happy with their professionalism and helpfulness. I have had tile, hardwood, and carpeting installed by them. Always responsive to any questions and concerns I have.

Description of Work
New floor in kitchen and hallway

12/08/2018

Jim H.

They were very professional and I would recommend this Store to anyone. They suggested a good solution for me at a very reasonable cost.

Description of Work
i had a small repair job on damaged tile which they helped me on.

07/11/2018

Pat O.

It was fantastic, all the services were done as promised and for the price that was quoted. Everyone at the store was so helpful and there was a huge choice of products almost overwhelming.

Description of Work
Carpet in a bedroom and tile floor in bathroom

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

10/26/2017

KEN M.

Excellent. Every phase of job went smooth. Everyone from Permanent floors is very easy to work with and very helpful.

Description of Work
Kitchen flooring replaced. Old floor removed and new vinyl floor installed.

05/04/2017

JENIFER T.

Shelly was amazing to work with and extremely helpful and responsive. We carpeted a master bedroom, closet and a flight of stairs. I thought their selection was broad and we found exactly what we wanted for both areas. Install was great, too - honestly the most professional install we've ever had. Having just moved to the area, this is going to be my carpet store as I gradually replace the carpet in the rest of the house.

Description of Work
We carpeted a large master bedroom, large master closets and a flight of stairs.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you so much! Reading this was such a wonderful start to my day. Thank you for your business! Shelly

04/27/2017

Nancy K.

While in the showroom, the saleswoman was upfront and informed me of the charge to move the appliances & toilet (It was well worth it). When the person came to measure the person was on time. I asked a lot of questions, (e.g. transition into the next room, color of metal transition, the labor process, number of days it will take etc...). I told the person that I would remove the footers of the baseboards(save about $150 or more). I also requested a different metal transition color. When I decided to go with them, I made sure the metal transition color was listed on the work order. The 2 men who did the work were outstanding. They were prompt. If I had any questions they answered. They were done 1/2 day earlier than expected. Note I received 2 additional estimates too. The 1 estimate was a lot more. The 2nd estimate was about $400 - $600 more. But that estimate included them removing the footers. However, I was not pleased with the customer service with the 2nd estimate

Description of Work
I had my kitchen floor and 2 bathroom floors done with vinyl tile. They were able to go over the existing linoleum sheet flooring.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and of course for your business! It was my pleasure to help you in the showroom--I am so glad you had a good experience. Shelly

04/18/2017

GEORGE K.

Perfectly well. I chose Permanent Floors, not through Angie's List, but through online searching for carpet stores that had wool carpeting to offer. I only found a very few carpet stores in the Cleveland area that sold wool wall to wall carpeting (and certainly not the big box stores). The sales lady at Permanent Foors was pleasant to work with and very accommodating of my needs. The installers were very skilled professionally, friendly and helpful, making sure every detail was taken care of. The job turned out beautiful and "first class".

Description of Work
Install new wool carpeting in bedroom.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your business and for the wonderful comments!

02/20/2017

Eva B.

Wonderful. Workers did a beautiful job on the floor, as with the carpet.

Description of Work
Had a new hardwood floor put in, plus some carpeting on the stairs.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for your business! So glad you love your new floor.

01/27/2017

JANA F.

Excellent product and services! I had all of my carpeting replaced by them and from beginning to end, the experience was wonderful. Their showroom has every type of flooring and tile that you can imagine, and Shelly and Barb were expert in their knowledge and so helpful in guiding me to the right carpeting. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Carpeting for all bedrooms, hallway and stairs

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling

01/19/2017

JANA F.

The ordering and installation went excellent! I received a call only 3 weeks later to set up the installation. The installers moved everything and were efficient.

Description of Work
I recarpeted all of my bedrooms (4) and hallway. I wanted a runner done on the stairway with wide 2" banding on the edges. Shelly, Barb and Ryan were so very helpful and made recommendations for me. They pointed me in the right direction for the carpet selection, considering my budget, style and the quality I needed.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

12/22/2016

Audry T.

Impressed. Nothing short of 'impressed'. Ryan and Shelly are our main points of contact and we've never been disappointed. We've had over 3,000 sq ft of carpeting installed and about 300 sq ft of hardwood installed, 600 sq ft of hardwood refinished, and 400 sq ft of vinyl tile in orders. We will never stray from them and look forward to using them for our next project in the Spring. Pricing can't be beat. Service is beyond exceptional. Selection is boundless. Expertise and helpfulness in choosing is unsurpassed. I highly recommend their company, and their team of trusted professionals, for any, and all, flooring purchases/installs. They are simply the best.

Description of Work
An extensive amount of carpeting and tile flooring in two homes.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior designers, remodeling, floor cleaning

12/21/2016

Jennifer P.

With installation, two very polite men arrived in the morning. They Introduced themselves, and immediately went to work. Yes the hammering made noise, but they were still considerate of the little ones and pets in our home. They worked diligently to complete the job and cleaned up after themselves. Our family is VERY pleased with all aspects of this job. It looks better than we imagined! They are professionals and experts in their field. We certainly hope to use PFCO again in the future.

Description of Work
Permanent Floors Carpet One 5620 Ridge Rd Parma, Ohio, 44129 As a RETURNING customer, I felt that both times of service were soo professionally completed that i needed to say Thank you! previously we had tile installed in a new basement bath. the tile 2 years later still looks brand new ...even with very heavy traffic, pets and young children. For this new Job, They recommended and gave examples of carpet to meet our remodeling needs of our newly finished third floor. They had a beautiful selection of options and a helpful website to brainstorm! PFCO AGAIN answered all of our questions kindly and they were very considerate of what our budget was, the look/needs we were trying to achieve and understanding of our contractor's schedule. They gave us personalized service, unlike "big box" experiences when we were looking for ideas. They measured the room at our convenience, ordered and installed the carpet.

12/01/2016

Jim P.

I work in a small home office and we needed the first floor of our carpet replaced before a big out of town client was due to visit and this work needed to be done very quickly. All was well at first. They came out right away and quoted me at $2500 and ensured that if I placed the order now they would have plenty of time to receive and install the carpet before our big visit. Once I agreed and they charged my card the down payment, I get a phone call almost a week later telling me that their distributor mis-quoted and that the new price is $3300. I was upset because I felt like this was a bait and switch since they knew I was in a bind, plus I didn't see how it was our fault that they didn't get their numbers correct. If our business misquoted our clients you better believe we would be eating that cost. However, we eventually negotiated to split the increase and he ensured me that all was well with our deadline. Two days before they are scheduled to install, four days before my deadline, they tell me that they can't get the carpet in time even though UPS offers NDA and Saturday delivery. They threw their distributor under the bus yet refused to let me contact them to see if I could get the carpet shipped direct through our UPS account. They were completely unwilling to work with me on installing another day and gave me no other options. I could tell that they didn't want to do the work due to their previous mistakes making the job less profitable for them. I understand that to a point, but as a I now have to explain to my boss why the carpet is not being replaced it's my *** on the line. Bottom Line: Shady business practices that will leave you in the lurch.

Description of Work
I work in a small home office and we needed the first floor of our carpet replaced before a big out of town client was due to visit.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and feel absolutely horrible for the position it put your company in. We are not the type of company that would act unethically in the way described here or in any other way--we are a family business that loves working together and values above all else putting smiles on the faces of our customers. If we were the type of company that tries to trick people or act "Shady" then we would not have been around for 70 years and we never would received all the glowing reviews you see on this site and many others. The sales rep for the carpet supplier quoted a price, which we have to provide to the order desk when we order the carpet. Materials ship once the price is approved. This material did not ship because we were given the wrong price. This delay in shipment is what ultimately caused the project to be impossible to be completed by the customer's deadline. The supplier offered a discount on the material for the inconvenience which we passed on to the customer. We try to be as transparent as we can, and explained the situation to this customer. If we caused the price issue we would have absolutely offered to install the the carpet at the original price. Whether we charged $1 or $10,000 the project would not have been able to get done by the customer's deadline, and that had absolutely nothing to do with my company--the material simply did not ship in time. After we exhausted every option with multiple shipping companies--including Saturday delivery options--nobody could guarantee that the material would be in in time. Once we were certain of this we informed this company and offered to install the material at a later date. They did not want to install at a later date so we issued a refund immediately. If we were trying to "bait and switch" this shipping issue obviously would not have occurred. Ultimately we just feel horrible that this happened. We did everything we could but in the end it was an impossible task. We recommend that any customer try to plan ahead of time when having renovation work done--waiting until the last minute can cause a lot of undue stress and project issues.

10/19/2016

Cecelia W.

Tim was easy to work with and did a very high quality job for a great price. Highly Recommended!

Description of Work
We had our entire downstairs hardwood flooring sanded down and refinished. They also ripped up the linoleum in our kitchen and sanded/refinished the wood underneath.

08/19/2016

Jacalyn M. A.

Everyone did an outstanding job. The professionalism of the entire team, from Shelley in the store, to John who came and measured, and the wonderful installers, John and Todd, everyone went beyond my expectations. They listened to my ideas, even drawing a diagram to help me understand the different designs for laying the tile. I love my floor, and have received many compliments. I am not listing the cost of service, as it is based on materials and square footage, not relevant to anyone but me. Get a couple of estimates for your job.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl tile with grout in the kitchen, entry hall and utility room.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

07/02/2016

Rosemary P.

They arrived at the scheduled appointment and they were very hard workers.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet and installed new. Russ, the installer, was excellent in workmanship and he cleaned up everything. He was professional as well as courteous. I would highly recommend them.

06/30/2016

Michael H.

It went fine. They gave me samples to take home. I went back and forth a couple times until I found the right quality/price/colors that I liked. John came out to measure and I later met with Shelly for the pricing, left a deposit and scheduled an installation date for about one month later. Permanent called about a week later and had to move the installation date back about a half week but that was OK as they had let me know in advance. The vinyl flooring took two days and the carpet one day. It looks great and the installers were professional. I felt the pricing was reasonable compared with several other places I had visited and the Angies List reviews were postive. They took the old carpet, padding etc. with them, for a fee of course, but it was worth it not having to deal with the disposal of it. The only hitch I encountered, and it was a small one, was that I had to call Permanent twice to get a receipt...the only receipt I had was for my initial deposit. I had given a check to the installer for the balance due when the job was completed, but a week and a half later I still had not gotten a receipt showing paid in full, carpet and vinyl flooring type descriptions, etc. I called, they seemed surprised I had not received it, and was told that they would get all of that to me shortly. Another week and a half passed and I had still not received it so I called again and spoke with someone else. I received it two days later. I'm not going to ding them much for that under "responsiveness".

Description of Work
New carpet for living and dining rooms, entry way, small hallway and new vinyl flooring for the kitchen, side entry and basement steps.

04/21/2016

Hung L.

Our experiencing purchasing the carpet was fine - all of the issues we experienced were during the install and after. When they came out to install the carpet they discovered they had measured incorrectly because the carpet we chose was directional (has a pattern). They had to order additional carpet and scramble to get it installed so it would be done in time for us to pass our home inspection. Since it all worked out in the end, we were willing to let it go. The carpet was installed in our spare bedrooms and a hallway that do not get used frequently. When we started to notice some rippling in the carpet in the months after the carpet was installed we were a bit annoyed. When the rippling continued to get worse and became evident in every room, I called. It had been just over a year since the install and they no longer covered their work - I was told there was a flat fee for coming out for the first hour and an additional fee for every block of time after that. I decided not to reward what I felt was a poor install by paying them any more money. Now, at the point where we couldn't stand to look at the ripples anymore and to avoid things getting even worse, we called another company to get a quote for fixing the carpet. Their professional opinion - the rippling was caused by a poor install job. Rather than installing the hallway first and then the bedrooms, Permanent Floors Carpet One had done the opposite - installing the bedrooms first and then the hallway. This caused the rippling, which is especially bad in the hall. Now we're stuck paying another company to come and fix Permanent's mistake since they don't guarantee their labor/workmanship past a year. Not a happy customer.

Description of Work
We purchased carpeting for our home from Permanent Floors Carpet One and paid them to install as well.

Category carpet installation

[Member Name Removed], We sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with our company. As you can see from the fact that over 90% of our reviews are an A, that this is an exception and not the norm. The technician who installed your carpet is an amazing craftsman with over 30 years experience performing best-practice installations. He does not do anything unless he feels it is absolutely the best way to install a material based on the environment. When a carpet needs to be re-stretched, there are multiple reasons: 1. the material could be defective; 2. the padding could be defective, 3. the expansion and contraction of a home as seasons fluctuate temperature and humidity can cause it to stretch and loosen; and 4. yes, there can be a myriad of improper installations that could cause it. Considering the caliber of the technician, I highly doubt the latter is the case. Also, it is very easy for a random company to come out and make assumptions and criticize the original installation in hopes to impress a customer and instill value. We on the other hand would never make assumptions like that because not only were we not present during the installation to know the circumstances, but it is bad etiquette to do so. Had we come out and found that the installation was the cause for the problem, there is no doubt that we would have rectified the issue at no cost to you. Sincerely, Ryan

03/31/2016

Jeff J.

We are very pleased with our completed project! The end process was the best part. Our hard surface installers, John and Todd, were awesome. Their work was very professional and accommodating to our needs. It was amazing to watch these guys work over a five day period. The carpet installers, Russ and his helper/son Ryan were equally extraordinary. Their ability to move our heavy oak furniture and carry the heavy rolls of carpet was very impressive. We were very pleased with the care and precision exhibited installing the carpet. Even the process of installing the padding and tackless strips were executed to perfection. Now the part that had a bumpy start. Shelly was wonderful to work with regarding the sale of the job. She spent a lot of time helping us with color and product selection. But there were some issues that needed to be resolved before agreeing to the job. We compared two additional reputable stores before agreeing to Permanent Floors. In fact we found the engineered wood and one of the tiles at another store. That was part of the problem. The kitchen tile that we found elsewhere was an issue. First of all, we wanted to use two different sizes in a hopscotch pattern. Shelly and one of the other stores both said it would not be a problem. Fortunately the third store said it would not be possible since the smaller size was not available in floor tile, only wall tile. We wasted a lot of time and effort because that was not realized earlier. We tried very hard to find an alternate pattern in a different tile from all three stores. There were no others that made us happy, so we settled on the original but in a simple straight layout using only one size. Our choice turned out to be very beautiful even though we really wanted the more complicated pattern. It was confusing because the manufacturer sells the same tile under different names to different stores. We really loved the engineered wood that we found at another store, it came in three random widths and was the perfect stain color of oak wood. Shelly initially said it was not available to her. So we went on the hunt for an alternate choice at all three stores. We could not find anything as acceptable as the first one that we really liked. At some point Shelly realized that she could get the product but under a different name. We wasted a lot of time in the process that could have been avoided. The comparison was fairly easy regarding the products because now the three stores were almost able to compare the exact products, except for the carpeting which was not equally available. The one carpet that we liked at another store was available from Permanent Floors, again under a different name. That caused a major problem, since John who measured the job was the person ordering the materials was not aware of this. In fact he called shortly before the carpet was to be installed and the deal was signed to tell us that carpet was discontinued. This caused major stress for us since we spent so much time selecting that carpet based on color and how much we liked it. After telling him it should still be available since the other store even sent us a bigger sample of it, he checked more thoroughly. The issue was resolved after Shelly told him about the different names. A lot of this could have been avoided if there was better communication between the two of them. In the comparison of the three stores Permanent Floors was by far the best price. It was difficult to make exact comparisons since the other stores priced their installation differently. One insisted on using cement board on our concrete slab before installing the porcelain tile. This would have incurred more cost and our dishwasher and trash compactor would not have fit due to the additional height of the flooring. Permanent Floors assured us that was not necessary. Also the other stores estimated using more material than necessary. Another factor which saved us money by using Permanent Floors. Overall we got a job well done at the best price, and would highly recommend Permanent Floors. It pays to compare and be on top of all the details. Be sure to make it clear if you want furniture moved or carpet torn out and removed. Permanent Floors prices additionally. But the stores that included it were overpriced even with the additional services included. Stores purposely make it difficult to compare material and labor. Be sure to ask for an Angie?s List discount if you are a senior citizen.

Description of Work
This project included porcelain tile in 2 bathrooms and the kitchen, plus engineered wood in the hallway. Also carpeting was installed in 2 bedrooms, our great room and stairs, from 3 different carpet mills.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, concrete repair, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling